REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 12-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,561 Times in 514 Posts
Failed 60 Times in 33 Posts
FS: 2007 Honda Ruckus Modded

I'm selling my beloved 2007 Honda Ruckus. Hate to sell this, but I am looking into purchasing a Grom and i'm looking to sell the Ruck to fund the Grom.

After riding scooters for a bit I finally took the plunge and purchased my very first Ruckus in 2012. Out of all scooters this was the most rugged/manly looking scooter. So I hopped up on it. Realizing later that its a little slower with the 4T motor, but was a great ride nonetheless. I purchased this scoot 2 years ago with 10K kms on it @ $2250.00. It was the cleanest one on CL at that time.

The Ruckus was purchased bone stock with only a Polini Variator Mod. Scoot does 50km/h stock and ~60km/r with the variator(Depending on riders weight, I weigh ~195lbs)

Since my ownership, I have removed the original floor boards to give it a more rugged and better look. Removed the air filter for better flow and was able to tune the bike faster by rejetting the carb. I've also installed the following Aftermarket Parts list:
-NCY Rear Shock ($100)
-Yoshimura Carbon Fibre Exhaust w/ custom welded 1" header w/ bung attachment(More airflow = faster)($400+$100)
- Pirelli tires (Front and back, Rears arent installed, needs a bracket as tire rubs against rear shock, $60 from AMT Fab shop).
-Aftermarket orange hand grips ($10)
-Aftermarket Bar end mirrors ( $30)
-Password JDM Footpegs($50)
-Braided wrap for all handle bar wiring
-Vapour Tech Digital Tach ($200)
-Polini Variator w/ 5.5G sliders installed. (Will include all extra rollers and sliders) ($50)
-Gates Belt, w/ 2 spares.(Some of the fastest Rucks in the lower mainland run these belts) ($20 x2)
-Mini Moto Lab one of a kind Radiator cover. (Won, during Victoria Rally(Best rider)) (Priceless)
-Chase Harper Under storage bag with shoulder strap(No local Ruck has this bag, its got the most room and carries all my stuff. I leave it on my ruck 24/7, although easy to steal, no one has ever stolen it.
-NCY Front bar brace-Not installed ($100)
-NCY Gas Tank Cover ($50)
-Password JDM Kickstart ($30)
-Stock Carb, with multiple Jets for carb tuning. Dscrew drilled for easier tuning. (a must on all rucks). Bike is tuned for Summer, runs a little boggy in the cold. Easily adjustable. I mostly ride in the summer so its peak tune is for the summer.
-Chanito Ruckus Windshield (Rare, not installed) ($100)
-Cheeky Seats, Custom Recaro Suede seat cover ($70)
-NCY Unlimited CDI (Removed 8500RPM Limiter, motor can do 10500RPM Max before Blowing, Ive never gone over 10K RPMs.
-Piaa Car Horn (Loud as hell. Everyone gets a kick out of it)
-Spools for front wheel (Works as sliders and looks good)
-Underglow LED Lights with FighterJet Switch to toggle on/off
-Lugnut key w/ 2 spare keys (1 of which is the master original)
-All stock and additional parts I have not mentioned will be included.(Stock exhaust, Manual, Etc.)

Work for installation was mostly done by yours truly. I know just about everything on this scoot, if you have reasonable questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Pros: Scoot can do 70km/h. Faster than any stock ruckus. Downhill it can do 90km/h before 10K RPM redline. Again this is all based depending on weight of the rider & variator weights. Scoot is super easy to ride and i'm often told its easier to maneuver than your standard looking scooters. Its true too! I can almost knee drag with this thing around corners. Sounds awesome with the Yoshi exhaust and I get looks and compliments everywhere I ride. Super comfy to ride especially with the aftermarket Seat cover. extra padding!!! Faster than most 49cc rucks our there. Save thousands on aftermarket parts as they are already installed. Not stretched or lower, which means cornering is very easy and confortable. This scoot was built to ride daily, which I did in the summer. (I work 3km from home). So it doesnt sit in the garage very often and is well taken care of.

Cons: Scoot was dropped 2 summers ago. Took a corner on a crosswalk strip and the scoot lowsided doing 20km/h. No major damage at all .Just minor scratches on the Exhaust, Foot Pegs and Front wheel spools(Which have been replaced) Either than that, you wouldnt even know the bike has been dropped. I am only able to give an estimate on the KM's the motor has. I received it with 10K and put easily another 5+km on it(Lost track when I installed the Vapour tech Tach, at one point the Odo stopped working and I didnt notice for awhile so I had to reset it. I would estimate the engine to be at 15K KM.(Motor runs strong and no problems whatsoever). Everyone know these honda motors are bullet proof. Hell the 50cc can hit 10K RPM, just no Vtec :P. Bike doesnt Idle well in the cold. After about 5 mins of warm up it will idle. Not a problem, and has to do with the way its tuned. No idle or go faster, you choose.

Maintenance: I replace the engine oil every month. Replace the gear oil at the beginning and end of each season. Coolant is always topped up and runs healthy. Bike is insured yearly.

I currently have a A/F wideband connected to the bike. Its what I use for tuning the carb depending on the hot/cold weather. This will be removed and replaced with a Digital RPM guage. If you would like to keep this on the bike (100% easier to tune w/ it) please add $200.00. I will also show you how to use and tune the bike.(Super easy!)

Finally, I am currently firm on the price @ $2500. Try and find one with as much mods and know as much about the scooter as me. Plus I will also be willing to help out with any questions in regards to the bike after the sale. No Trades unless its a Grom & No Part outs, this is a complete package. I want to make sure the new owner is getting everything, including all extras. I am an honest seller and have nothing to hide.

$2500 for a 2013 Stock slow scooter that will cost well over $1000 to make it faster, or $2500 for a well modded fast reliable well maintained Scooter.

Photo's are taken throughout my ownership. I don't currently have any new ones. Will include if requested.

Test Rides will require a cash deposit.

If your still undecided, just remember, $5/tank of gas ~200km, $30/month on insurance. How can you hate that? Its cheaper than a monthly bus pass.

No Trades unless its a Grom & No Part outs,No Trades unless its a Grom & No Part outs,No Trades unless its a Grom & No Part outs

Dont forget to check out the West Coast Scooter Community! Its where I started and have met great friends and learned so much about my scoot.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/249415331753861/

Fokgarage - The best 49CC Ruckus tuners!!!
AMT Fab Shop - The Best Custom Ruckus builder in Vancouver.

Thanks for looking,
Aaron
#endoflifestory

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/mcy/4824410402.html
Advertisement

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote