REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 09-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #2551
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 31 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
My friends booked PH, how's it ?!?
Never been inside of PH before
I would stay PH is pretty decent and fits into the 21 - 35 party type category

Location is great. Right in the middle of the strip
Spice buffet is decent
Gambling - they have the party pit where the dealers are hot, sexy, young and dressed in revealing red cosette. Loud music played on fridays and weekends
Shopping - you got the miracle mile shops right at your disposal
Food - decent restaurants and Earls of Sandwhich (need I say more)?

If you don't like all of this bellagio, cosmo, aria are all easy walk across the street.
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #2552
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
our Cosmo room was awesome....as i mentioned above we got upgrade to a king bed room with a seating area, two TV's, huge washrom

it was WAY nicer than the regular double queen city rooms
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #2553
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
How is the Cosmo room compared to like Aria and Palazzo rooms?... I plan to book at Cosmo next time but they never seem to have any "deals" going on ...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #2554
Female Driven

Failed 99 Times in 29 Posts
I stayed in the king bed room suite too... The washroom is awesome except their shower heads suck...
There's a seating area for you to read a book or watch tv where the mini kitchen is.. And there's another tv in the bedroom.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #2555
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
ya i wasn't impressed at all with the shower head/kit...what ever, i'm in there to take a shower and get out
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #2556
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
the toilets at aria were dope...heated, sprayed water front/back, and dryer too lmao
areyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #2557

Heading to Vegas tomorrow for 4 nights.

Flying out of Bellingham on AA
Staying at MGM
This was some crazy deal from Travelocity.

This trip is gonna be about gambling and eating!

I'm gonna do the buffet of buffets and definitely check out the new bachannel buffet at Ceasar's.

Will do a report back!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #2558
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0n View Post

Staying at MGM

I'm gonna do the buffet of buffets and definitely check out the new bachannel buffet at Ceasar's.

Will do a report back!
What was the deal and is it still on?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #2559
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Failed 829 Times in 182 Posts
^ yeah I am wondering as well dont mind going again for a weekend.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #2560

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
What was the deal and is it still on?
The deal was $200 off a hotel and flight package using a special promo code.

Unfortunately the coupon has expired
Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #2561
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
The deal was $200 off a hotel and flight package using a special promo code.

Unfortunately the coupon has expired

HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #2562
Ebisu Boss

Quote:

Staying at MGM

Will do a report back!
The Buffet of Buffets is INTENSE lol!... I did it the last time I went to Vegas, I did a bit of research and asked around, here's some tips for you including my own recap of how I managed my BoB epicness lol

To maximize efficency, try to go as late as possible for the first meal (I went around 8pm), preferably dinner as that is usually the best value and most delicious meal of the day (and you can eat it twice!) The BoB starts ticking at exactly the minute you purchase it and runs for exactly 24 hours on the dot. If the BoB expires at 6:30pm and you are in a 45min line-up at 6:25pm, chances are you aren't gonna get in.

I bought the pass and talked to the Service Desk at Caesars Palace and even he told me not to eat at the Caesar's Buffet ... no idea why ... haha... but if their own staff are telling you not to eat there, then you don't eat there!

Dinner 8:15pm - Rio's Carnival World Buffet: Holymoly this is by far the BIGGEST buffet selection I've ever seen, the endless trays of food in the buffet line are insane! I could barely see the other end of the restaurant! Quality is decent.
PASSED THE FUCK OUT after this epic meal time lol ...

Next day ...
11ish am - Bally's: Went here for breakfast/lunch, standard buffet fare, pretty solid but probably wouldn't go back with so many other options around.

Afternoon Snack/Lunch
3pm - Le Village Buffet in Paris: Went there for the crepe as it is the best part but nothing else really stands out. Still managed to beast down some prime rib and chicken. Interior is quaint and a bit tacky decor with drapes and lots of painted walls.

Dinner
7:30ish-8? - Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood: Best bang for your buck, the crab legs were delicious, and you can ask them to grill it for you too if you are tired of eating it cold. Tender prime rib and the the basics are all there.

I think I gained like 15 pounds that weekend
Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #2563
Ebisu Boss

Also another note, RIO hotel is off the strip so it's a little out of the way but well worth it. There is a shuttle that takes you straight there, I believe you can board the shuttle at Bally's or Harrah's.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #2564
The Fiesta Dipper

Failed 20 Times in 7 Posts
I'm booking a trip in October with Allegiant right now does anyone have a promo code? LoL I'm cheap!
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #2565
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 31 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
To maximize efficency, try to go as late as possible for the first meal (I went around 8pm), preferably dinner as that is usually the best value and most delicious meal of the day (and you can eat it twice!) The BoB starts ticking at exactly the minute you purchase it and runs for exactly 24 hours on the dot. If the BoB expires at 6:30pm and you are in a 45min line-up at 6:25pm, chances are you aren't gonna get in.
If you're already in line and you don't think you're going to make it, you can ask to jump to the front to grab your meal ticket and go back to where you were originally in the line.

Quote:
Dinner 8:15pm - Rio's Carnival World Buffet: Holymoly this is by far the BIGGEST buffet selection I've ever seen, the endless trays of food in the buffet line are insane! I could barely see the other end of the restaurant! Quality is decent.

Next day ...
11ish am - Bally's: Went here for breakfast/lunch, standard buffet fare, pretty solid but probably wouldn't go back with so many other options around.

Afternoon Snack/Lunch
3pm - Le Village Buffet in Paris: Went there for the crepe as it is the best part but nothing else really stands out. Still managed to beast down some prime rib and chicken. Interior is quaint and a bit tacky decor with drapes and lots of painted walls.

Dinner
7:30ish-8? - Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood: Best bang for your buck, the crab legs were delicious, and you can ask them to grill it for you too if you are tired of eating it cold. Tender prime rib and the the basics are all there.
For hot crab legs you can go to Harrah's. My asian brothers ad sisters haven't figured that place out yet so they ALWAYS have tons of it. When I was at PH, a family literally parked right in front of the crab legs and took everything when it got refilled lol
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #2566
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Fahlman View Post
I'm booking a trip in October with Allegiant right now does anyone have a promo code? LoL I'm cheap!
promo codes arent usually a big diff...and your going to vegas...cant cheap out man!
areyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #2567
The Fiesta Dipper

Failed 20 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeet View Post
promo codes arent usually a big diff...and your going to vegas...cant cheap out man!
I'm not really cheaping out just trying to save a few bucks on air/hotel
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by E_Fahlman; 09-12-2012 at 03:08 PM.
E_Fahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #2568

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
If you're already in line and you don't think you're going to make it, you can ask to jump to the front to grab your meal ticket and go back to where you were originally in the line.

For hot crab legs you can go to Harrah's. My asian brothers ad sisters haven't figured that place out yet so they ALWAYS have tons of it. When I was at PH, a family literally parked right in front of the crab legs and took everything when it got refilled lol
Can you explain about getting the meal ticket??
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #2569
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 31 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Can you explain about getting the meal ticket??
Assuming you bought the BoB deal and you're close to your expiry time, you can "skip" the line to get your ticket to get seated. After you get the ticket you go back to where you originally were. This works if you have friends to stay where you are. Just take all their cards to the cashier and explain the situation, usually they'll understand.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #2570

Quote:
Assuming you bought the BoB deal and you're close to your expiry time, you can "skip" the line to get your ticket to get seated. After you get the ticket you go back to where you originally were. This works if you have friends to stay where you are. Just take all their cards to the cashier and explain the situation, usually they'll understand.
Thanks for the explanation!

I think YMMV depending on the buffet, host/cashier. I'll certainly keep this in mind!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #2571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
The Buffet of Buffets is INTENSE lol!... I did it the last time I went to Vegas, I did a bit of research and asked around, here's some tips for you including my own recap of how I managed my BoB epicness lol

I bought the pass and talked to the Service Desk at Caesars Palace and even he told me not to eat at the Caesar's Buffet ... no idea why ... haha... but if their own staff are telling you not to eat there, then you don't eat there!

Next day ...

Afternoon Snack/Lunch

Dinner

I think I gained like 15 pounds that weekend
This is a great tip and it's exactly what I did. My Vegas report will follow
Old 09-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #2572
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 7 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Do all hotels allow this? Or is it a hit /miss?
dsot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #2573

Went to Vegas for a 4 night stay at MGM

Getting There:
- Flew out of bellingham airport. Get there early and park at the closest parking lot ($10 per 24 hours). The lot that is slightly further, not by much is ($9 per 24 hours)
- Rented a car from Avis ($45 all in for 24 hours at the rent-a-center which is a 5-10 minute free shuttle from airport). Well worth it IMO considering a cab ride to hotel is about $15 and you get a car to go anywhere you want.
- Did fashion mall, north outlets. Not many deals but brought a few pairs of sandals. Alot of Mainland chinese at the North Outlet there and they were shopping crazy at Coach store and others carrying and loading up the rollable suitecases.

Eats:
- Did the buffet of buffet and started at 8pm on Day 1 ending at 8pm on Day 2 (got 4 meals in)
- Went to RIO buffet (45 min wait on a Tuesday Lol) but this buffet was good. The seafood was tiny but the other dishes were well executed and stocked till the closing. Prime Rib, Lasgna here was AWESOME!!!
- Went to the Paris buffet of breakfast and all I can say is MEH. It's hard to screw up eggs and bacon. Crepes were decent though. Nothing out of the ordinary for this buffet as I find it's quite dated. TIP - arrive before 8:30am to avoid the lineup for breakfast
- Spice Market Buffet at PHO. The cashier was pretty rude here. No lineups. Food was mediocre. What I liked bout it was the Middle East Station - they had fresh grilled tandori chicken and zucchini kabobs
- BACHANNEL BUFFET at Ceasars ($10 per person up charge).
- This buffet just opened up and we went on the 2nd day. Arrived at 5:45pm and the wait was 1 hour 15 minutes long.
BUT SHIT FUCKING WORTH IT!!!!!!! Service and staff was awesome. They go out of their way to make sure you have everything and you enjoy your time.
FOOD was FUCKING AWESOME!!!!! Big crab legs, freshly shucked oysters, mussels on ice and the largest cocktail shrimp I've seen.
Roast station had a mean prime rib and awesome Lamb rack chops.
They also had scalloped truffle potatoes with real black truffles in them (very generous shavings too!!!)
Dessert station was SOOOOO good!!!

This buffet is the king of the king buffets and how Ceasar's himself would eat. This is a feast fit for a king and is better than the big players (Bellagio, Wynn, Cosmo).
One small side note is that I can forsee in half year's time the buffet food and service will not be as great, so better get there as quick as you can!

Also ate at Earls of Sandwhich @PHO - again awesome. But wasn't as good as the first time as my sandwhich (club) was kinda burnt but still good none-the-less
Wonggang Puck @ MGM - Good pizzas, pastas - decent
MGM Pool - decent pool food
Stripsteak @ MB. Awesome duck fat fries & dips, shared a 30 OZ porterhouse steak with trio mash and asparagus = DROOL. I would high recommend this place.

Visited old Downtown Las Vegas. If you haven't seen it you gotta check it out that and the Freemont street experience. They still have the coin out machines which is pretty cool. Checked out the main street station which is pretty cool cause the casino in there is very antiquey. Wanted to try the oxtail soup at the Calfiornia but they were closed for cleaning (better luck next time)

For Gambling
- Got a quick hit at the D playing wheel of fortune slots but gambling this trip on all fronts (blackjack, slots) at other casinos was bad bad bad.
- Gambled at the following casinos: CP, Mandalay Bay, NYNY, Bellagio, Aria, MGM with no luck what-so-ever. MGM was pretty bad (probably will not gamble there again).
- I'd stay away Harrah's properties in the future cause their blackjack rules sucks shit! Best rules are at Aria IMO.

Loved gambling at MGM properties specifically Bellagio and Aria as the casinos are quite nice, good looking cocktail waitress with fast and friendly service.

Did the Pool & Lazy River @MGM and rented the tubs for a few days which was pretty awesome lazying around in the river.

All in all, came home exhausted from the Vegas trip and already looking forward to the next one.

Last edited by sh0n; 09-17-2012 at 02:41 PM.
sh0n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #2574
Ebisu Boss

Oooh I did hear that they shut down the Caesars Buffet for a little while to renovate, I guess they really uped their game after being NOT recommended by their own concierge LOL!.... I will definitely try it next time!

Also next time if you are not doing BoB, the Cosmopolitan Buffet is really good too, small individual plates so you can build your own little 10 course meal : and pretty good quality... I believe it's like $20?... and comes with a complimentary cocktail, so basically you are paying $13 for the Buffet!...

I will checkout StripSteak next time too!... also for a great steak experience, try PRIME inside Bellagio, ask to sit outside, you can get a great view of the fountain show while eating delicious steak!... also the Truffle Mash is to die for! ... just don't sit too close to the edge as you don't want overspray from the water show getting on your food lol ...
Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #2575
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 5 Times in 1 Post
I love Vegas, can't wait to go back again!
Horditruck is offline   Reply With Quote