REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #1201
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,590 Times in 2,540 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
IF we are going early August, when is the best time to book for cheap? Right now, or last minute?

We are prolly gonna do Monte Carlo as it is a great location and relatively cheap.
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #1202
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
IF we are going early August, when is the best time to book for cheap? Right now, or last minute?

We are prolly gonna do Monte Carlo as it is a great location and relatively cheap.
I wouldn't say MC is a great location, but it is definitely affordable though!
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:15 AM   #1203
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Bally's is the best location for the price.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #1204
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,770 Times in 1,341 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Bally's is the best location for the price.
Thats where I'm staying, got a pretty decent rate to for a weekend. The nice thing about the Harrah hotels is they don't charge that bullshit Resort fee that some hotels do.

For those going check out this list for hotels without a resort fee, it can be anywhere from $5-25 extra per night.

http://www.vegas.com/incl/resortfees.html#nofee

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 AM   #1205
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 28 Times in 13 Posts
going there in a few weeks, any suggestions on clubs/restaurants?
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #1206
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Failed 137 Times in 67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Anyone ever go by themselves? I'm thinking about going in June by myself. I'm mainly going to play poker so that would take up most of my day I guess it's the times when I'm not playing that might be a bit weird. I've also wanted to go during WSOP so I'd like to check that out. I have no interest in Clubs or anything like that so no worries about that being awkward. 75% sure I'm going, need to make up my mind this week.
After you mentioned this, it got me wondering... because a whole bunch of us are going down for a few days between July 15th and 18th, because that was the most convenient time for everyone... didn't even realize that happens to be the final weekend of the WSOP main event!
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #1207

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
I wouldn't say MC is a great location, but it is definitely affordable though!
Personally I agree that MC isn't a great location but I feel that a good location on the strip is relative to whatever you plan on doing as well.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #1208
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
the $20 trick worked for me at the flamingo, got a suite upgrade for 3 nights. my buddy got upgraded at the bellagio for $20 when he was with his boo. got a fountain view room for a 5 day stay. this was about a year ago.

i'm going down for wsop, a few friends are entered. anyone been in the tourney or down there during that time? any tips etc? it's july 5 and on. i've heard it's a really good vibe during wsop.

regardless, i'll be at sapphires for a bit. ;p
Whats the $20 trick? lol

And damn, how much is it to enter the WSOP on July 5th? $10 000 was it or was that just for the main event?
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:09 AM   #1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
Whats the $20 trick? lol

And damn, how much is it to enter the WSOP on July 5th? $10 000 was it or was that just for the main event?

When you check into the hotel put a $20 bill between your credit card and drivers license. Ask if they could possibliy upgrade your room. If they can they will and keep the $20 as a tip if they can't they'll generally give it back to you. It works probably 90% of the time.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #1210
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
A nice tip for those going is don't get ripped off the cab drivers for overcharging tips. Have lots of loose change to give them as less, if any, that you want.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #1211
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
When you check into the hotel put a $20 bill between your credit card and drivers license. Ask if they could possibliy upgrade your room. If they can they will and keep the $20 as a tip if they can't they'll generally give it back to you. It works probably 90% of the time.
Depends on the hotel and the employee. It's a very "your miles may vary" sorta deal.

I know MGM will not do this because management knows about this (every hotel does ) and has told all their employees that any front desk employee caught doing this will get fired.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:54 AM   #1212
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 392 Times in 158 Posts
Quote:
Supposedly it doesn't work at a lot of hotels because like mentioned because of the management.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
A nice tip for those going is don't get ripped off the cab drivers for overcharging tips. Have lots of loose change to give them as less, if any, that you want.

On the topic of cabbies, be extra careful with cabs in Vegas, they've gotten worst since the economy tanked. I got 2 fucked up cabbies when I went last month.

First cabby was when I landed, it was some woman who picked me up from the airport and started to give me a sob story about been from Iran and how she was forced to work as a driver because her husband got heart surgery. I wasn't really paying much attention to her because I knew she was full of BS and looking for a tip. Anyways, as were driving she decides to take the "tourist" route. I told her I've been to Vegas tons of times so don't pull that shit with me. She felt embarrassed and turned back onto the proper route. So she pulls up to the hotel, taps the meter a few times and instead of the meter price of like $15 it shows $22. I was like WTF are you doing, she goes "oh, the meter is acting up". I gave her the $15, no tip and basically told her to fuck off.

Second fucked up cab driver was when I needed a lift to the airport. It was 5:00am because I had a 7:00am flight, I already felt like shit waking up so early so I didn't really want to end up with a jerk off driver but I guess I did. The cabby I got stuck with from the get go had a stick up his ass. No hello, didn't even ask what airline I was flying on until the fuck pulls up to the terminal, decides not to go in the taxi drop off line and ends up stopping in the middle of traffic and goes "here you are" without asking once what airline I was flying on. So I get out, cars behind him honking because this idiot is blocking the lane, he pops the trunk and waits for me to take my bags out. I get my last bag out and I hand him the money. He looks at me and as he starts to walk away he goess "what the fuck", you fucking asshole" because I didn't tip him but come to think of it I gave him $2, lol. Lucky the fuck was dropping me off me at the airport or I would have asked him who he was calling an asshole.

The rest of the cabbies were alright but just beware of cab drivers in general in Vegas.

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 05-24-2010 at 04:08 AM.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #1213
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just booked Caesars Palace June 13-16! Haven't stayed at the hotel before, anyone had success with the $20 trick here?!?
VeeDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #1214

Oh shiet, we are gonna go to Vegas June 26th, party all night, then drive out to LA early morning the next day to catch a 7-night Mexico cruise.

Fly in, rent a car, go to outlets, hit up the Rio buffet, cruise the strip, then a club, then a strip club, end it off with a breakfast buffet and head on the road at 5am-ish. Gonna be a sick vacation.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Last edited by sonick; 05-25-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubya View Post
Just booked Caesars Palace June 13-16! Haven't stayed at the hotel before, anyone had success with the $20 trick here?!?
http://www.thetwentydollartrick.com/...arsPalace.html

Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #1216
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
By: the boy
lol

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #1217

Anybody have experience with the daytime pool parties? Who has it, what are the cover charges and which is better?

Are there any hotels that allow guests into the pool with cover, but not a party, like if I just wanted to lounge there during the day?
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 05-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #1218
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
Edit:

On the topic of cabbies, be extra careful with cabs in Vegas, they've gotten worst since the economy tanked. I got 2 fucked up cabbies when I went last month.

I had this crazy main lander once and he barely spoke English to me! Once he found out I spoke mandarin he ended up using that the whole time. Asking me which way to go, taking me to back lots cause he thought there was short cuts, not shoulder checking, and then finally dropping me off at the wrong terminal. Worst Ride EVER in N. America actually.

In general I find that the routes they take vary a lot, one trip to the same destination will vary a lot depending on the cabby. Most will try to get the max. amount of money from you.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:31 AM   #1219
i like gifs

I guess I was lucky.

I took the cab about 5-6 times during my trip in Vegas and each time the cabbies were nice and took me to my destination without long hauling me and my gf's ass for more money.

Just do some research on the locations you plan on cabbing and you should be able to figure it out during the cab right. Long haul = no tips.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #1220

Some of my friends booked Vegas the same days I'm there after hearing I was going so it looks like I won't be spending the trip by myself. I'll probably play way less poker now, not sure if that's good or bad. The weird part is the 3 friends that booked it I would put on the list of friends least likely to go which is why I don't bother asking them.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #1221
I'm invisible

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
Anybody know the weather in the beginning of October? Allegiant is offering 4 days, 3 nights for some cheaper hotels ranging from $230 and up. Is it as busy there in October than say in the summer? Planning to take the wife down there, since she's never been there before..
Old 06-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #1222
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison_Chen View Post
Anybody know the weather in the beginning of October? Allegiant is offering 4 days, 3 nights for some cheaper hotels ranging from $230 and up. Is it as busy there in October than say in the summer? Planning to take the wife down there, since she's never been there before..
Weather in October is still much warming than Vancouver. I went down in late November and it was in the 20's during the day and low 10's during the evening.

There might be some shows that go 'dark' during that time but for the most part October is fine.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #1223
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison_Chen View Post
I went in mid November last year as well. Pretty warm and sunny in the day, but definitely drops a little at night! I noticed most shows were still playing. If you or the wifey are Beatles fan's (even if you're not, as in my case) check out Cirque Du Solei Love. It was great!
VeeDubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:09 PM   #1224
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
My experience with cabbies are that they took the longer route. When I was going to Harrah's from the airport, he took me on the freeway. I remembered that it was much faster if the roads were taken. Some cabbies got lost in driving you to somewhere as well.

Remember to call the strip clubs number to get free limo ride and cover.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #1225
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 5 Times in 3 Posts
Im not sure if anyone have brought up this concern/question before. 4 of my buddies and I are staying over at Venetian. We did a price check and found out it cheapest to get 2 full packages (hotel/flight) and 3 round trip flight tickets. MY question is... is it possible for all of us to use the facilities there eg. Pool/Gym? Because only my friend and my name's under the room and 3 of my buddies are not.

People usually do it like this?
bobyu is offline   Reply With Quote