REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #1851
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Failed 1,118 Times in 265 Posts
^ did u also stay at aria?
Advertisement
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #1852
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Our group is thinking of doing bottle service on either Weds or Thurs when we're in Vegas

Does anybody have any contacts they use or do you strictly do it through the hotel/club?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #1853
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 20 Times in 6 Posts
Which club do you want to go to? Bottle service is the only way to do it in Vegas!

If you're going to Marquee find Stephanie Tran (stephanie.tran@marqueelasvegas.com). She's probably the hottest hostest in Las Vegas..haha...
Old 07-26-2011, 12:16 AM   #1854
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Failed 102 Times in 16 Posts
Has anyone ever changed their day of flight with Allegiant Air? Any problems, fees, etc?
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #1855
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Which club do you want to go to? Bottle service is the only way to do it in Vegas!

If you're going to Marquee find Stephanie Tran (stephanie.tran@marqueelasvegas.com). She's probably the hottest hostest in Las Vegas..haha...
Weds is kinda up in the air right now cause we might split up and the guys will do their thing and the girls will do their own. If we do decide to club on Weds it looks like LAVO & LAX are suppose to be the 'best' of the bunch on that night.

Sucks that Marquee isn't open on Weds cause I really wanted to check it out but it seems like now we're gonna do Tao on Thursday.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #1856

If you're gonna do Tao, contact Stan (Stanley.Lopez@TaoGroup.com)

He can hook you up with a table.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #1857
i like gifs

Quote:
If you're gonna do Tao, contact Stan (Stanley.Lopez@TaoGroup.com)

He can hook you up with a table.
Are these contacts that you've used in the past?

I found a site called JACK | Free Las Vegas Nightclub Reviews, Nightlife Guides, & Direct Contacts. that's suppose to be a big nightlife resource for Vegas and they list another contact.

I'd rather use your contacts if I know people have used them in the past and been happy
Old 07-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #1858
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 7 Times in 3 Posts
given the choices, would you prefer to stay at MGM Grand, Aria or Venetian? i've been to Venetian before and loved the access to the pool deck. how does the regular pools at MGM or Aria compare? i did a lot of research and am leaning towards Aria but I just wanted opinions from others that have stayed at any of these hotels.

Thanks!

Last edited by Simulated; 07-26-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Simulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #1859
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
MGM pool isn't that great. Aside from the easy access to McDonalds downstairs. I would not go back to MGM. The walk to other places is too damn far.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #1860
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
Booked for Monte Carlo for $585/person

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #1861
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Failed 765 Times in 247 Posts
Anyone got some deals on food on the strip? I heard of these vouchers for the buffets.

Any must eat places? Ileave in 2 days for evo!
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #1862
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
are resort fees calculated on the amount of days you stay? or just one amount in total? and is it per person?
tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #1863
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby View Post
are resort fees calculated on the amount of days you stay? or just one amount in total? and is it per person?
Should be per night, per person
Posted via RS Mobile
Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #1864

Yup I've used them in the past. The two people I posted up are actually roommates but they will definitely hook you up in vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Are these contacts that you've used in the past?

I found a site called JACK | Free Las Vegas Nightclub Reviews, Nightlife Guides, & Direct Contacts. that's suppose to be a big nightlife resource for Vegas and they list another contact.

I'd rather use your contacts if I know people have used them in the past and been happy
Posted via RS Mobile
ShyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #1865
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
Anyone got some deals on food on the strip? I heard of these vouchers for the buffets.

Any must eat places? Ileave in 2 days for evo!
C/P from what a friend sent me last night

Good you have a car. Bally's is a GREAT hotel to stay in if you have a car b/c the lobby is right by a side street - very easy to get in and out. It's also smack in the middle of the Strip so it's convenient.

Shame you're leaving by the 5th - Vegas STREats Festival is Aug 6. All the local food trucks and a hell ton of music from 6pm to 2am in downtown Vegas. your daily slif: culinary events: vegas strEATS festival

In order of "YOU MUST F*CKING GO"

1 - Raku on Spring Mountain Road (Chinatown)
your daily slif: raku (vegas)
Make reservations A WEEK AHEAD. I cannot stress this enough. Order the agedashi tofu. Order everything on the specials menu. If you want to hit up the sake menu - take a cab. And you will want to hit up the sake menu.

2 - Fukuburger
your daily slif: food cart madness - füküburger (vegas)
Their schedule is on their website (fukuburger.com) - their "Chinatown/Bank of America" stop is the closest to the Strip. Order the tamago burger, and whatever the daily burger special is. The later you go, the shorter the line. When I say later - I mean 1-2 AM. Either way, it's always a party where they are so the lineup isn't boring. Last time I went, 2 impromptu car meets were going on. And yes - that sh*t still happens down there.

3 - Thomas Keller's Bouchon at the Venetian
If you manage to stagger awake (or are STILL awake) at 8 AM - go here for breakfast. Last call is 930 I think? Wait for a patio seat. It's one of my favourite patios in the world. No reservations. Expect to wait upto 1/2 hour at times. Definitely a foodie/girlfriend stop. If you're with friends who aren't really foodies - I would skip.

4 - Lotus Of Siam
your daily slif: lotus of siam (vegas)
Best. Thai. EVER. It's located in a sketchy beyond all f*ck stripmall about 5 minutes off-strip. Order the garlic prawn, the musaman curry and 1 of the fried sea bass dishes. Then ask for recommendations. This is the place to be a bit more adventurous. The pricier dishes are usually worth it. If the waiter says you ordered enough food, REMOVE 1 dish from your order. Seriously. If you plan on going during prime dinnertime - make resos. If not, just walk in.

5 - Milos at the Cosmopolitan
Go there for lunch and lunch only. Sit outside on the patio (it's open air AND air-conditioned. Welcome to Vegas). It's the best value ANYWHERE for lunch. $21 for 3 courses. With the exception of the sandwiches (which split into 2 portions easily), everything on the prix fixe menu can be shared easily among 4 people so eat Chinese family style. Order the whole fish entree, and upgrade to the octopus appie. The meze (bread and dip) appie sounds boring, but it's lick-it-clean good. No reso needed.

6 - IF YOU MUST go to a buffet
Do The Wicked Spoon buffet at Cosmo FOR LUNCH. Don't do a dinner buffet - it's not worth the cash. Save room for their gelato. Blows Mario's and La Casa's out of the water, but nowhere near as awesome as Bella's (but who is?)

Now - since I think this is your first time - my best advice is walk the entire Strip. You need to check the whole place out the first time. Hydrate like a mother. It's going to be hot and dry as all f*ck. There's 2 WalMarts, 2 Targets and 1 Costco within 15 minutes of the Strip - buy water and booze if you don't bring some from LA. Do not buy any essentials from the Strip - you have a car!

Sign up for rewards cards at the 3 majors (Total Rewards from Harrah's, M Life from MGM, Club Grazie from Venetian). Doens't matter if you don't use them - the important thing is you have them.

And on that note - most hotels (Bally's included) let's you have priority valet when you have a Total Rewards card - meaning your car shows up first. When you leave the car, tip the guy $10 immediately. Then $5 every other time. Your car will be well-taken care of. Don't bother self-parking - it's too f*cking hot and you're staying such a short time - you dont want to waste it looking for parking and hiking through the disgusting parking garages.

Lastly - when you're inevitably stumbling back from a night of drinking - best place for carbs at 3 AM in the morning:
1 - Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood. I personally love the Chinese Chicken wrap. There will be a lineup. It goes quickly enough.
2 - "Secret Pizza" at the Cosmo - head up to the 3rd floor where all the restaurants are - you will find a few sitting areas and a Kidrobot museum like thing. There will be a hallway with an inexplicable lineup. That's Secret Pizza. NY style pizza for $4 a slice. Expensive? A bit. But there's nothing better at 4 AM and when you're drunk and can't drive to Fukuburger or Slidin' Thru.
3 - Carnegie Deli at Mirage. I've never been - but how can you go wrong with a foot tall cold cut sandwich?
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #1866
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 64 Times in 20 Posts
i like aria cuz of the tram!
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #1867
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 7 Times in 3 Posts
ended up booking Aria in early September. 3 nights with flight from bellingham came to about $315 a person. can't wait!
Simulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #1868
Banned By Establishment

damn that milos place... apparently best greek in north america. Gotta try it.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #1869
Female Driven

Failed 99 Times in 29 Posts
might go to vegas end of aug! WOOOOOO

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #1870
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simulated View Post
ended up booking Aria in early September. 3 nights with flight from bellingham came to about $315 a person. can't wait!
Aria's a good choice. I've stayed there before.

Downstairs the food is reasonably priced and really really good. Hope you enjoy your stay. I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend. Mandalay Bay but it's only because my mom's there for Convention
ConCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #1871
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
C/P from what a friend sent me last night

Good you have a car. Bally's is a GREAT hotel to stay in if you have a car b/c the lobby is right by a side street - very easy to get in and out. It's also smack in the middle of the Strip so it's convenient.

Shame you're leaving by the 5th - Vegas STREats Festival is Aug 6. All the local food trucks and a hell ton of music from 6pm to 2am in downtown Vegas. your daily slif: culinary events: vegas strEATS festival

In order of "YOU MUST F*CKING GO"

1 - Raku on Spring Mountain Road (Chinatown)
your daily slif: raku (vegas)
Make reservations A WEEK AHEAD. I cannot stress this enough. Order the agedashi tofu. Order everything on the specials menu. If you want to hit up the sake menu - take a cab. And you will want to hit up the sake menu.

2 - Fukuburger
your daily slif: food cart madness - füküburger (vegas)
Their schedule is on their website (fukuburger.com) - their "Chinatown/Bank of America" stop is the closest to the Strip. Order the tamago burger, and whatever the daily burger special is. The later you go, the shorter the line. When I say later - I mean 1-2 AM. Either way, it's always a party where they are so the lineup isn't boring. Last time I went, 2 impromptu car meets were going on. And yes - that sh*t still happens down there.

3 - Thomas Keller's Bouchon at the Venetian
If you manage to stagger awake (or are STILL awake) at 8 AM - go here for breakfast. Last call is 930 I think? Wait for a patio seat. It's one of my favourite patios in the world. No reservations. Expect to wait upto 1/2 hour at times. Definitely a foodie/girlfriend stop. If you're with friends who aren't really foodies - I would skip.

4 - Lotus Of Siam
your daily slif: lotus of siam (vegas)
Best. Thai. EVER. It's located in a sketchy beyond all f*ck stripmall about 5 minutes off-strip. Order the garlic prawn, the musaman curry and 1 of the fried sea bass dishes. Then ask for recommendations. This is the place to be a bit more adventurous. The pricier dishes are usually worth it. If the waiter says you ordered enough food, REMOVE 1 dish from your order. Seriously. If you plan on going during prime dinnertime - make resos. If not, just walk in.

5 - Milos at the Cosmopolitan
Go there for lunch and lunch only. Sit outside on the patio (it's open air AND air-conditioned. Welcome to Vegas). It's the best value ANYWHERE for lunch. $21 for 3 courses. With the exception of the sandwiches (which split into 2 portions easily), everything on the prix fixe menu can be shared easily among 4 people so eat Chinese family style. Order the whole fish entree, and upgrade to the octopus appie. The meze (bread and dip) appie sounds boring, but it's lick-it-clean good. No reso needed.

6 - IF YOU MUST go to a buffet
Do The Wicked Spoon buffet at Cosmo FOR LUNCH. Don't do a dinner buffet - it's not worth the cash. Save room for their gelato. Blows Mario's and La Casa's out of the water, but nowhere near as awesome as Bella's (but who is?)

Now - since I think this is your first time - my best advice is walk the entire Strip. You need to check the whole place out the first time. Hydrate like a mother. It's going to be hot and dry as all f*ck. There's 2 WalMarts, 2 Targets and 1 Costco within 15 minutes of the Strip - buy water and booze if you don't bring some from LA. Do not buy any essentials from the Strip - you have a car!

Sign up for rewards cards at the 3 majors (Total Rewards from Harrah's, M Life from MGM, Club Grazie from Venetian). Doens't matter if you don't use them - the important thing is you have them.

And on that note - most hotels (Bally's included) let's you have priority valet when you have a Total Rewards card - meaning your car shows up first. When you leave the car, tip the guy $10 immediately. Then $5 every other time. Your car will be well-taken care of. Don't bother self-parking - it's too f*cking hot and you're staying such a short time - you dont want to waste it looking for parking and hiking through the disgusting parking garages.

Lastly - when you're inevitably stumbling back from a night of drinking - best place for carbs at 3 AM in the morning:
1 - Earl of Sandwich at Planet Hollywood. I personally love the Chinese Chicken wrap. There will be a lineup. It goes quickly enough.
2 - "Secret Pizza" at the Cosmo - head up to the 3rd floor where all the restaurants are - you will find a few sitting areas and a Kidrobot museum like thing. There will be a hallway with an inexplicable lineup. That's Secret Pizza. NY style pizza for $4 a slice. Expensive? A bit. But there's nothing better at 4 AM and when you're drunk and can't drive to Fukuburger or Slidin' Thru.
3 - Carnegie Deli at Mirage. I've never been - but how can you go wrong with a foot tall cold cut sandwich?
THANK YOU for this!... I will putting this in my Las Vegas Foodie Bible

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #1872
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simulated View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConCho View Post
Aria's a good choice. I've stayed there before.

Downstairs the food is reasonably priced and really really good. Hope you enjoy your stay. I'm going to Las Vegas this weekend. Mandalay Bay but it's only because my mom's there for Convention
I hope you don't get a room on the FAR ENDS of the hotel, it's a bitch of a walk back to the lobby ... that's my only issue with Aria. Otherwise, it's a great hotel, smells AWESOME too, it's like walking into Victoria Secret but without the lingerie haha ... not like some of those older hotels which smell like stale cigarettes

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #1873
Banned By Establishment

ok so i asked the vegas guys on srk, lotus of siam is actually the best in NA for thai and anything at the cosmo is gold.

Last edited by Meowjin; 07-28-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #1874
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I hope you don't get a room on the FAR ENDS of the hotel, it's a bitch of a walk back to the lobby ... that's my only issue with Aria. Otherwise, it's a great hotel, smells AWESOME too, it's like walking into Victoria Secret but without the lingerie haha ... not like some of those older hotels which smell like stale cigarettes
A plus about room not being at the ends is that when you're drunk and back into the hotel late at night, rarely will ppl call and complain about your noise. lol
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #1875
i like gifs

Quote:

Just contacted her and she offers no bottle specials or any hookups

Rooftop patio is the cheapest option at $1500 for 7 people at $500 per bottle
Posted via RS Mobile