REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #3051
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
many thanks

now can someone tell me what happened with gold and silver today? I just woke up
Advertisement
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #3052
I don't get it

Failed 40 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
where do you find into on insider and inst. own, other than on the website?
does it really matter who the auditor is? and sprott and sentry own 11% each..

their corp presentation paints a very rosy picture: high resources, low cost per oz, plans to increase production
I generally prefer big accounting firm for a company their size as you know there are safeguards in place and all the compliance issues are met. If you look at the shady companies, they always use the same small accounting firm and lawyers - exactly the type of scenarios for David Bains of the Vancouver Sun's business section.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #3053
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
Yep, Arthur Anderson is one of the top notch accounting firms

Seriously though, Suzuka is right, that with these big 4 or medium accounting firms, you can have some more faith in the financial statements in that there isn't any thing material that could affect the company big time.

But with small caps, most, it isn't sensible to use a large accounting firm for such a small job. It's most likely a couple of employees in a small office in downtown.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #3054
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 100 Posts
added APA,MNL and GDX to watch list i think GDX looks really good

EDIT: add MIN and CCY to the list. 2 big copper plays comparable to CUM

Last edited by gdoh; 01-28-2011 at 10:29 AM.
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #3055
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
What are your opinions on Ballard Power (BLD)? They were once the top Canadian clean energy pick, with a SP over $100, but that was nearly 10 years ago and they are now trading under $2. On the bright side, they've just refocused their strategy away from hydrogen cars and towards stationary power generator and buses.
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #3056
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Bought some PIE lately. Nat gas play in the Bakken shale area. They have land positions that are very close to the properties of Newfield Exploration and Rosetta Resources.

Anybody still holding on to CAN? checked it out on my phone the other day and it dropped to 4ish from its 6 dollars high.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #3057
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
Fucking Egypt fucking up my US stocks... but making oil & Gold rise
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #3058
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
^ lol it sucks but you can always increase your position.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #3059

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
great day today, DEPO & GTE .... thinking of taking a starter position in AVR Gold
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM   #3060
RS controls my life!

Failed 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Bought some PIE lately. Nat gas play in the Bakken shale area. They have land positions that are very close to the properties of Newfield Exploration and Rosetta Resources.

Anybody still holding on to CAN? checked it out on my phone the other day and it dropped to 4ish from its 6 dollars high.
yeah, don't know whatever happened to TD's target of $8+ but I sold in the $6 range and good thing I did. But looks like there's some insider buying again around 4.50...anyone holding SD or SFF? is it me or they tanking? or maybe alot of juniors seem to be going lower.
mas604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #3061
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 127 Times in 56 Posts
Ho Ho Ho. Santa comes early this year.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #3062
Rev
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
INT anybody? Growing faster than Facebook -- realtime chat translator. Not sure about their revenue model but with 100m shares out, they traded over 40 million shares today. Market sure likes it.

Highly spec - do your DD. Palmer from Alpha North likes it he's been pretty spot on for a few things 2010-2011.

Quote:
Intertainment's Ortsbo outpaces Facebook growth

2011-01-27 10:13 ET - News Release

Mr. David Lucatch reports

INTERTAINMENT'S ORTSBO OUTPACES FACEBOOK GROWTH IN ITS FIRST 6 MONTHS

The growth of Intertainment Media Inc.'s social media, real-time, translation platform, Ortsbo, continues to outpace the first year growth of Facebook. On a weekly basis with over 1.1 million unique users, 1.5 million on-line sessions and almost six million minutes of user engagement, Ortsbo continues to accelerate its marketing initiatives with viral results. Language and communication barriers continue to erode as Ortsbo users are spending up to 15 minutes per session using Ortsbo's instant translation services chatting with friends, families and colleagues in real time in over 50 languages.

In the article Facebook: Facts & Figures 2010 published by the digitalbuzzblog website, by the end of its first year, 2004, Facebook had one million users. By comparison, after six months of operations, December, 2010, Ortsbo already has over 2.1 million active users on a monthly basis, and currently tracking at over 1.1 million per week, well on its way to Facebook's 2005 second year results of 5.5 million active users.

Today, over 60 million more people speak Chinese and Spanish than all English speakers globally, according to Internet World Stats.

"With Facebook still not actively available in China, Ortsbo has moved quickly to connect its multilingual, real-time translation platform to all leading social media global platforms including China's Tencent QQ and QQ International. This has provided Ortsbo with a significant opportunity to take advantage of the growing Internet population in the region and accelerate its growth," said David Lucatch, president, Ortsbo Inc., chief executive officer of Intertainment Media.

The Mashable website reported on Nov. 15, 2010, that: "All signs point toward an increasingly multilingual future for the Web. It's estimated that over a billion people will be using PCs in the so-called BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) countries alone by 2015, and the opportunity is even greater when you factor more people accessing the Web using mobile devices than computers in many emerging markets. It's time businesses of all sizes embraced the foreign language Internet."

In the article, writer Christian Arno, founder of Lingo24, continues by stating: "In the last 10 years, the use of Arabic on-line has increased by over 2,500 per cent, while Chinese and Spanish rose 12- and seven-fold respectively. And English? It didn't even triple."

Mr. Arno goes on to say: "Today, 42 per cent of all Internet users are in Asia, while almost a quarter are in Europe and just over 10 per cent are in Latin America. These stats shouldn't sway businesses towards targeting one region over another, though -- Latin American countries account for over 200 million people on the Web."

According to ComScore, Latin American tweets are up over 300 per cent between June, 2009, and June, 2010, followed by 243 per cent in the Asia Pacific region, 142 per cent in the Middle East and Africa, and 106 per cent in Europe. By comparison, North America only increased by 22 per cent.

In his Jan. 15, 2011, Globe and Mail article, Surfin' in Tongues, Steve Brearton reports that nearly one-third of Internet usage currently occurs in English. But within five years, Chinese is expected to surpass English as the most-used language on the Web.

Ortsbo's real-time multisession, multiplatform and multilingual application connects to PC and Mac computers, mobile devices as well as all major search engine chat platforms including Microsoft, Google and Yahoo! along with Facebook, iChat, AIM, ICQ, Gadu-Gadu, Ovi, Lotus Sametime, LiveJournal, and Tencent QQ and QQ International, China's largest chat platforms, and Twitter. Ortsbo instantly provides real-time translation capabilities to well over one billion active chat accounts in over 170 countries/territories.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #3063
Rider

looks like it could be pretty big, i dont think it could hurt to buy some
Old 02-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #3064
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Looks interesting...

I've tried out Ortsbo, can't login to facebook from Chrome or IE

So then I tried it on MSN, and iti seems like only incoming messages get translated, out going messages are still in english.

Has anyone actually tried it out?

I have doubts at how 'big' this will go (or even if those numbers are accurate), cause first off you have to download silverlight, then login onto Ortsbo's website with your msn/fb passwords, plus it doesnt seem like it works on fb for me (seems like a lot of obstacles to jump through in order to get it running)

and it's accuracy in translating chinese isn't that great...

It's also sorta laggy

ALso seems like these guys are in a lot of debt
CT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #3065
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC View Post
What are your opinions on Ballard Power (BLD)? They were once the top Canadian clean energy pick, with a SP over $100, but that was nearly 10 years ago and they are now trading under $2. On the bright side, they've just refocused their strategy away from hydrogen cars and towards stationary power generator and buses.
Glad I got in at $1.58. Also up are PLUG and FCEL ... it's like the year 2000 again. Hydrogen and fuel cells may finally be coming around (10 years late though!)...here's Deloitte's take on hydrogen.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #3066

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
any updated thoughts on BCG?

looks like it's dying a slow death?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #3067

also just overhead about aarmh (nasdaq)

anyone?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #3068
Rev
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
looks like it could be pretty big, i dont think it could hurt to buy some
I'm up 60% since yesterday = ) not complaining.

DD if I were to add more I'd try out silverlight + ortsbo first, good DD CT10
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #3069

so what is INT though to be worth? sp

need to dump bcg and actually make some money
Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #3070

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Looks like they hired this company called Corum Group, don't know much about it but seems they focus on M and A's. (Could something be coming up??)

Regardless I'd be hesitant to buy at this price, its spiked up a lot this morning but has been flat for the whole day (probably lots of profit taking right now)

And to add that the product isn't THAT great, I seriously doubt ortsbo will make it big after trying it out...

The company's financials don't look that good either, this seems like a classic pump and dump, hopefully some of you caught it on the wave up!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #3071

ya looks like a big pump and dump....400-500% in 4 days would have been nice lol damn
Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #3072

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow its down to .485 as of 12:13, looks like the hypes dying down?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #3073
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
so what is INT though to be worth? sp

need to dump bcg and actually make some money
It's worth nothing yet because it's in loads of debt. My advice is not to get caught up in the hype right now: you're too late, everyone will be unloading soon, probably in a week or so. If you still like their product then, consider it a short term bet.

I must admit, however, I still don't get their product and technology. I understand it's a chat translator, but how does it fundamentally differ from google's translator, which is available for free? I know it's "real time" but that just involves interfacing facebook, msn, other chat programs to a central translator right?

Initially I was really excited about this, thinking that it would be some sort of Star Trek universal VOICE translator! I can only dream....
Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #3074
Rider

do you think that some of there could tech could simply be changed without to much effort??
Old 02-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #3075

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC View Post

I must admit, however, I still don't get their product and technology. I understand it's a chat translator, but how does it fundamentally differ from google's translator, which is available for free? I know it's "real time" but that just involves interfacing facebook, msn, other chat programs to a central translator right?
True, and the translator isn't even two way.
Add in the fact that you have to install silverlight, then provide them your fb/msn logins, and you can only have conversations on their website only, I don't think this thing will be too popular.
Posted via RS Mobile