REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #3126
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
hey just wondering what trading platform you guys are using currently? fucking scotia itrade is a joke recently, not happy with it at all

a few buddies of mine have recomended Questrade?
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #3127
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 4 Times in 3 Posts
questrade FTW!
aznorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #3128
I don't get it

Failed 40 Times in 9 Posts
why are you guys buying BCG? at it's current valuation, it's nothing more than a gamble. I already told you guys a few posts/pages back to get out of it. The reason to get out? management will do nothing but exhaust the kitty and then hit up new investors for additional funds. If you guys are buying up the shares on the public market and not via private placement, you really need your head examined - you get zero tax credit and only losses.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #3129
I don't get it

anyone see the fronteer gold buyout?
frontier management team will stay intact and fronteer's exploration portfolio will be spun out into a new company led by the current team. This would be the perfect opportunity to buy in as past successes in the mining field does warrant a second gander.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #3130
I don't get it

as us banking is still in the doldrums, if any of you guys still have money left over now would be the perfect time to lock in the long investments.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #3131
I don't get it

I might have read wrong but one of you guys lost 16k in bcg?

Why don't you pay me to analyze your future stock picks and I'll do your due diligence for you? I'll work for either a flat fee or % profits.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 AM   #3132
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Failed 88 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
hey just wondering what trading platform you guys are using currently? fucking scotia itrade is a joke recently, not happy with it at all

a few buddies of mine have recomended Questrade?
Whats wrong with iTrade?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #3133
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Isn't iTrade like $20 per trade?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #3134
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Failed 1,372 Times in 243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
no....just wait for a retracement...most of the time they run up and slide back down a little before the next run up..
most of the time bull flags form (google the image)
i wouldn't be so sure. looking from ppi's past NR and PR, they come out quick.

once their drill results are out on the second hole, this could take another step up and the results are due very soon.

their NI 43-101 is said to be released in april. but the drill results is what's gonna bring this one to the next base.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #3135
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka84 View Post
why are you guys buying BCG? at it's current valuation, it's nothing more than a gamble. I already told you guys a few posts/pages back to get out of it. The reason to get out? management will do nothing but exhaust the kitty and then hit up new investors for additional funds. If you guys are buying up the shares on the public market and not via private placement, you really need your head examined - you get zero tax credit and only losses.
do you think that the NTL go ahead might give this stock a little boost? that's all i need, then i'm out

the annoucement should be coming in the next couple weeks (feb 22 or 28, around there)

i think you might be refering to what i wrote, no that's how much i have, not lost
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #3136

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
Any future short term catalysts for AVR or NVT coming up?
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #3137
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
financials should be out soon for avr..
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #3138
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
do you think that the NTL go ahead might give this stock a little boost? that's all i need, then i'm out

the annoucement should be coming in the next couple weeks (feb 22 or 28, around there)

i think you might be refering to what i wrote, no that's how much i have, not lost
If you have 16k in BCG, you're probably one of the largest shareholders as the management team would most likely only hold options that aren't even in the money yet.

If I was in your position, I would cut my loses and deploy the money in better companies. You're going to miss out on opportunities that arise as you're waiting for BCG to regain. I do hope I'm wrong.

Example - your avg price for BCG is 16cents, you're waiting for it to go to 20 cents but it'll get there after 2 years. You can get out of BCG now at 16 cents and redeploy funds to another company (say AVR) and watch it regain all your BCG losses in a matter of days/weeks.

FYI - I cashed out close to 20k worth (tax loss) of stocks for the month of december now worth about $2k to redeploy in one company. It's something I just picked up in 6 years of doing this. You can hope and pray that your losers will rebound but a more logical view would be to sell and buy winners.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:16 AM   #3139
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 100 Posts
NVT looks like things are going to happen very soon maybe time for people to build your positions =]
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #3140

Quote:
FYI - I cashed out close to 20k worth (tax loss) of stocks for the month of december now worth about $2k to redeploy in one company. It's something I just picked up in 6 years of doing this. You can hope and pray that your losers will rebound but a more logical view would be to sell and buy winners.
mind sharing which co. you invested in?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #3141

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
suzuka, i totally understand what your saving....i'm just trying to wrap my brain around it lol

sucks selling for the loss (i keep hoping it will come back up) but i know waiting waiting waiting i'm missing out on something else that will actually make money

what would you recommend right now?

is AAA still a good choice or has that done it's run?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #3142

selling for a loss doesn't feel good, but neither does missing out on an opportunity
Old 02-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #3143
Rev
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
nice move on PPI and EPO (all potash plays today) waddy - good call

INT is moving up again WTF! I tried the product too but its painful watching it go back up when I sold early :/
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #3144
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
mind sharing which co. you invested in?
everyone likes to hear about losers - the lionshare of it was in a company called Pacific Rim Mining. Great company with a producing gold mine and a strong management team full of ex-placer dome execs. What went wrong? El Savador expropriated all mining claims in the country.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #3145
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
suzuka, i totally understand what your saving....i'm just trying to wrap my brain around it lol

sucks selling for the loss (i keep hoping it will come back up) but i know waiting waiting waiting i'm missing out on something else that will actually make money

what would you recommend right now?

is AAA still a good choice or has that done it's run?
2 quotes above you, gdoh noted NVR is starting to run up. 8 cent increase (on a 20 cent stock) in under a month with zero news release. I'm up over 200% on this stock so it's shaping up to be a good 2010. You'll be hard pressed to mimic my returns as I lock in the mining companies in long positions before they do anything - based solely on past success is a indication of future success (BCG has zero success). IF you mimic the trades on the boards you follow, you're trading solely on short positions so there's a high chance you and everyone else will get burned if you do not follow the stock religiously. On the plus side, you'll find solace with everyone else being burned too.

This is the type of stuff you jump on as once that news release hits the rest of the mkt will catch on.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #3146
I don't get it

when share prices are running up/down without a news release from the company, it's generally a good time to re-evaluate your position.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #3147
Rider

Quote:
when share prices are running up/down without a news release from the company, it's generally a good time to re-evaluate your position.
and make sure its not going up because of insiders blowing out all their paper lol
Old 02-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #3148
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
nice move on PPI and EPO (all potash plays today) waddy - good call

INT is moving up again WTF! I tried the product too but its painful watching it go back up when I sold early :/
PPI is shaping into a great short term bet. It's doubled in price in less than one week and in one month of holding you would've tripled your initial investment. At it's $40m market cap it's still got a long run ahead of it.

You guys want a good buy - look at Augusta Resources. They are a emerging silver producer with investment money from both silver wheaton and a major (hud bay?) so the mine will be built. You're be banking that hud bay or another one will buy them out soon.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #3149
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
and make sure its not going up because of insiders blowing out all their paper lol
buddy, frontier pacific mining people so you know I'm in for the long haul. Hostile takeover by Eldorado back in the day so you know they need to build their legacy.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #3150
Rider

Quote:
buddy, frontier pacific mining people so you know I'm in for the long haul. Hostile takeover by Eldorado back in the day so you know they need to build their legacy.
im not talking about NVT lol i know this one is gunna be huge im talking about others