REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #3351
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
keep an eye AVT the next couple of weeks
that looks promising

what else do they need to do?

expected sp? when?
Advertisement
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #3352
I don't get it

Failed 40 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t8v6 View Post
anyone else holding pcy.v? Apparently they're soon to renamed to be Prophecy Coal and when the happens shareholders will be given free shares of Prophecy Platinum.. anyone have details on that?
I'm a shareholder. I've been holding the stock since the last round of mergers. The guy running it is quite savvy in the sense of buying the expertise his team lacks. I don't think they're attracting the right people so it makes you wonder somebody somewhere must be doing something wrong. In the current climate with their stable of prospects you would think their management team would be stacked with operational gurus. The exact opposite is in play, the management team consists of marketing people and all operations have been outsourced. The flagship project is goal in mongolia and everything from taking pulling the coal to selling it to the end user is outsourced. It allows them to get the product to the market quickly but they're paying a big premium. Also, the guy running the company doesn't have a pedigree one would expect and that's why the share price is garbage. Prophecy has a bunch of rainmakers on their advisory board but they're paid to lend their name, not to make decisions. The guy is doing a great job marketing the project and that's about it.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #3353
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
for BCG i think their main (and probably only) goal is to put out some news and hope to get bought out, but i guess that's every mining juniors goal?

as for BCM, you never gave an expected stock price

thanks
did any of you guys buy bear creek?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #3354

nope...looks like it's done nicely as of late
Old 03-06-2011, 12:45 AM   #3355
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
i had crocodile (CRK.TO) for about 2 days...thank goodness i cut my losses early...coulda been way worse
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #3356

Failed 16 Times in 3 Posts
"Copper Fox Metals Inc. ("Copper Fox" or the "Company") (TSX-V: CUU) is pleased to announce that the Board of Directors of the Company has approved an incentive stock option grant to employees, officers, key consultants and directors of the Company for the purchase of a total of 1,700,000 shares at an exercise price of $1.69 per share expiring March 2, 2016."

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../04/c8249.html
shawnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #3357

any one in OPL, can't remember if it was brought up already

thoughts?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #3358

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
Time to gamble on some oil. :P
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #3359

Failed 16 Times in 3 Posts
Lotta oil plays went crazy last week e.g. LEI, DEJ, CFW, TIV, ROYL
shawnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #3360
I don't get it

look at wildcat silver, from the same people that run Augusta. they just announced a private placement with silver wheaton which also invested in Augusta
Old 03-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #3361

someone just bought over 5.2 millions shares of AVT...pretty much the whole trading volume for the stock today lol

cuu is low 600K today, along with everything else

wildcat, up over 20% today
Old 03-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #3362
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 100 Posts
^looking good (fingers crossed )
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #3363

gdoh, what's looking good? you're refering to AVT?

i can see the market is down today, and so is their stock

what else do you expect to be coming from avt?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #3364
Rider

yea the AVT

i pretty much expect them to be promoting the shit out of it soon

its another guistra deal
Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #3365

avt, opl, ws

which one to get into right now??
Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #3366
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Damn @ Nvt. Looking at all the insider buys I wonder why they fell so much last few days
Posted via RS Mobile
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #3367
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Damn @ Nvt. Looking at all the insider buys I wonder why they fell so much last few days
Posted via RS Mobile
I wouldn't call Sheldon Inwentash an insider. He is just an investor who owns a lot of shares in the company. He doesn't work in the company and so should know no privileged information that would make his decisions better than yours or mine.
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #3368
I don't get it

as the markets are behaving irrationally, there's only one way to make a buck - buy a company in the midst of a takeover, Lundin Mining.

As the mining sector is down quite a bit, it's time to plow more money into your long positions. Stick to the companies you know/currently have in your portfolio.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #3369

suzuka, i'd like your take on this reply on SH, i know you've been against bcg since it was brought up but i'd like to hear what you think about this:

"Every agreement that BCG made last year was inked in March during the PDAC... Volume has been significant in this stock as of late... Doubt it was because of the 25,000 ozs of gold at Engineer mine.

We know that this company likes to give us hints in their Investor presentations on the website. Their is continually this discussion of an "exploration alliance" and we have yet to receive news on this. We have many properties which could be sought after by a major explorer. We already have a major producer as a shareholder might as well include a major explorer as well.

Lawrence Roulston is here for a reason... We will find out soon what that is... Also we will get the second wave of his news letter in two weeks. He will most likely follow up his coverage with a "Since we started coverage 30 days ago this stock has risen 50%"... I expect they will have a little more to speak of because I think we will see a NR in the next week or two.

Voigtberg Drilling plans...

Minto Carmacks Drilling plans or maybe agreements...

BC Generative program Drilling plans or maybe agreements...

Engineer Bulk Sampling, Test mining and underground drilling plans...

It is March... In BC the drilling season is beginning in a couple of weeks. Once these companies leave PDAC they are going home to gear up for a few weeks then head out to the bush and begin the spring summer work. Drilling season is coming fellas and I love this season more than any other ."

i'm selling 2/3rd of my bcg and looking very heavily at OPL (missed out on low 60's today, closed at .71) or avt.....thoughts?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #3370

or do you think it's worth it to just add to my CUU holdings (low 1.70's) and wait till it goes up over $2 or more by the end of the month, on to $4+ for buyout
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #3371

opl is on the move again, up to .78

just placed a couple orders for it
Old 03-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #3372
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC View Post
I wouldn't call Sheldon Inwentash an insider. He is just an investor who owns a lot of shares in the company. He doesn't work in the company and so should know no privileged information that would make his decisions better than yours or mine.
i would call him an insider. just because some1 doesn't appear to be close doesn't mean they don't know/have people that aren't and from what i hear Sheldon is a pretty powerful man
Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #3373

cuu dropping hard today....already down to 1.65
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #3374
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
suzuka, i'd like your take on this reply on SH, i know you've been against bcg since it was brought up but i'd like to hear what you think about this:

"Every agreement that BCG made last year was inked in March during the PDAC... Volume has been significant in this stock as of late... Doubt it was because of the 25,000 ozs of gold at Engineer mine.

We know that this company likes to give us hints in their Investor presentations on the website. Their is continually this discussion of an "exploration alliance" and we have yet to receive news on this. We have many properties which could be sought after by a major explorer. We already have a major producer as a shareholder might as well include a major explorer as well.

Lawrence Roulston is here for a reason... We will find out soon what that is... Also we will get the second wave of his news letter in two weeks. He will most likely follow up his coverage with a "Since we started coverage 30 days ago this stock has risen 50%"... I expect they will have a little more to speak of because I think we will see a NR in the next week or two.

Voigtberg Drilling plans...

Minto Carmacks Drilling plans or maybe agreements...

BC Generative program Drilling plans or maybe agreements...

Engineer Bulk Sampling, Test mining and underground drilling plans...

It is March... In BC the drilling season is beginning in a couple of weeks. Once these companies leave PDAC they are going home to gear up for a few weeks then head out to the bush and begin the spring summer work. Drilling season is coming fellas and I love this season more than any other ."

i'm selling 2/3rd of my bcg and looking very heavily at OPL (missed out on low 60's today, closed at .71) or avt.....thoughts?
my problem with BCG is the fact it's too early in its current life for me to invest, they don't have a proven management team at the helm and their prospects are not in an area of great potential. For the amount of money you plan to make, you should be looking for prospects in South America and Africa as those areas are underdeveloped. I'm also anti-bcg for the reason the guy is trying to start a copper company to capitalize on high copper prices before even proving himself fit to lead a gold company.

You should call their IR person and speak to them.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #3375

ok thanks for the reply

looks like a bad day on the market

everything is down...avt and opl are both up

i got implulsive/stupid and up'd my opl order to .80...it filled

i might get bit on that but i hope not