REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #3726
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
no
Advertisement
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:25 PM   #3727
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
ya that's all true, but remember teck can "take" 75% of that value (by spending money on the mine etc)

that would leave CUU with 25%, so about $5

if teck doesn't back in the full 75%, so only 60% (can't remember what it was exactly) then we're looking at $10

if they only do 40% (dream for us) then hello WAY over $10
Teck's 75% should worth 32 billion minus the 7.5 of CUU = $24.3 billion.

The $20 share is from 25% of the $32 billion of copper divided by the 376 million shares of CUU outstanding.

Good job shawn in picking some of it up. I would've done so but tapped out of cash from yesterday.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #3728
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 94 Times in 54 Posts
CUU closed at $2.69
RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #3729
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 49 Times in 13 Posts
pretty good week for CUU,

definitely not too late to pump a bit of cash into CUU, I am going to put a bit more by next week and hope that the RE is out the week after !

GLTA
Old 04-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #3730
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
what you guys think of bldp
it received some funding and im thinking of invest in them
conerychen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #3731
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conerychen View Post
what you guys think of bldp
it received some funding and im thinking of invest in them
Ballard always gets funding. Sometimes from the government, sometimes from shareholders. You'll have to find a better reason than that to invest in them right now. Ballard is a long play, and in 3-5 years may be worth something. But the question is, are you willing to wait that long when there are other opportunities available?
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #3732
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 59 Times in 18 Posts
My cousin who works for Ballard is in Germany right now, since they announced they are constructing plants to build their hydrogen fuel cells.

Not sure how this affects their stock performance in the short-term, but I'm sure they're a decent long-term investment, since there's a constant push for alternative fuels.

But as mentioned above, other short-term opportunities may be more attractive.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #3733
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC View Post
Ballard always gets funding. Sometimes from the government, sometimes from shareholders. You'll have to find a better reason than that to invest in them right now. Ballard is a long play, and in 3-5 years may be worth something. But the question is, are you willing to wait that long when there are other opportunities available?
Sounds exactly what I thought about them 3-4 years ago... I just don't see hydrogen replacing plug in electric or pump gas/diesel just because of how hard it is to obtain and store, I honestly wouldn't bother
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #3734
I don't get it

Failed 40 Times in 9 Posts
newest buy for me this week is fortress paper
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #3735

CUU is having a slow day! It's down 6 cents to $2.63.
Posted via RS Mobile
marc0lishuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #3736
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Failed 26 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0lishuz View Post
CUU is having a slow day! It's down 6 cents to $2.63.
Posted via RS Mobile
Cuu Elmer's other company bxx is up 58% today last time I checked
Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #3737

yeah. BXX is up. new release soon and it is like CUU back in their days.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #3738

I looked into BXX. Was planning to dump some of my profits from CUU later on. I'm trying to add some up at 2.60 for CUU today.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #3739

a lot of red today. BXX looks pretty promising though.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #3740
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka84 View Post
newest buy for me this week is fortress paper
for a swing trade?
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #3741
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Who here is holding Prophecy Resources? Any thoughts? It's down nearly 9% today and it's looking quite attractive at this price, though my gut feeling tells me it might dip lower...
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #3742

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
I looked into BXX. Was planning to dump some of my profits from CUU later on. I'm trying to add some up at 2.60 for CUU today.
You've got a ways to go! Currently at 2.66 (down 0.03 today)
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by marc0lishuz; 04-11-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #3743

marc0lishuz - nope I got it. I bought at 2.61 instead. lol Realized I still have 700 bucks in my TFSA. Going all in.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #3744

Nicely done hahaha!! Hopefully CUU gets it's act together so we can see the same surge as last week!!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #3745

yeah, cause CUU was going down as I was putting my order in. it didn't hit 2.60 and i saw the ask at 2.61, might as well pay an extra cent.

bxx looks interesting. I want to be like Vette in SH, own a million shares. haha
Old 04-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #3746

Good read, for those who are in and considering buying into CUU

by imerc23 @ SH
Quote:
I bought more Copper Fox today. It was a decision that didn't come easily to me, and I'd like to share my reasons.

I'm a cautious investor. My principles are: look for undervalued projects; don't chase a stock that's rising; be diversified; if a stock does well, take some profits off the table; keep lots of cash. And the most important rule of all: If someone tells you to buy an investment that will yield a huge return, then RUN in the opposite direction, because if it sounds too good to be true, IT IS A SCAM.

I bought a few shares of CUU in 2009. I've been immensely pleased with the performance, and true to my principles, I lighted up my CUU position last fall, getting a better than four fold return.

Recently, my advice to my friends has been: If you don't own any CUU, then buy a few shares, but don't go overboard, not at this price. My advice was to look for other stocks that have a better risk/return ratio. In any event, I was sure that I didn't want to buy any more.

But I had a chat with Mrs Imerc yesterday. I told her about a great rare earth stock that I wanted to buy, that had been strongly recommended by an analyst that I subscribe to. The Mrs said to me, "Well, OK, buy that rare earth stock if you really want to, but I can't figure out why you're not buying more Copper Fox, because you're always talking about how great it is!"

So, last night I did more DD. I re-read material on this forum, particularly the analysis by Webgogs. Up till now, the most sober voices on this board have suggested that the target buyout price should be around $5 to $7, and that's always sounded mighty fine to me. When Webgogs first suggested that a reasonable buyout price might in in the $20+ range, I thought "what are you smokin, man??" Come back down to planet earth, Webgogs!

A problem that I've had trying to value Copper Fox is understanding the physical layout. Frankly, the maps that are provided on the Copper Fox website are very confusing to me. But I studied the careful and very helpful images that Chappy has put together (http://www.flickr.com/photos/6035644...n/photostream/), and I see now the scope of this project, what the many of the rest of you have been trying to explain. So I went back my grade school arithmetic: if the new Schaft Creek resource estimate is based on drilling that is twice as wide on an E-W plane than the 2007 estimate, twice as long on a N-S plane, and three times as deep, and if the grade remains the same, then the new Schaft Creek resource estimate could contain 12 times as much minerals as was estimated in 2007. And then -- if the mineralization to the east, under the mountain ("Big Red") has a higher concentration of copper than the original zone, then a resource estimate that includes that portion will be much more than 12 times bigger than the 2007 estimate. But hey, I asked myself, what if back in 2007 the geologists had anticipated that the mineralized zone might be bigger than their actual drill results and had included some of the extra minerals that we've now confirmed? A good question, but the clear answer is -- no they didn't. I went back and looked at the 2007 estimate, and found that most of the estimated mineral resources were in the "Measured" and "Indicated" categories, with very little stated as "inferred". So the 2007 estimate was actually rather cautious and conservative -- they didn't go beyond what they'd drilled to that point.

So, it is entirely foreseeable that the new resource estimate could have a figure that is 12 times bigger than the 2007 estimate. No longer an in-situ value of $60 billion -- now we're talking $700 billion.

And as Webgogs has been patiently explaining to us, that's only Schaft Creek. Copper Fox could well own several properties just as rich as Schaft Creek. Chappies' maps lay them out for us.

So for me, everything finally clicked. Schaft Creek is a game changer. In 2011, we may well have a lot of turmoil and volatility in commodity markets, but I see now that whatever might happen, we won't have a re-run of Nov 2007 when the Big Boyz pulled the plug on Galore Creek and Copper Fox was left stranded. No, we're a Big Boy now. Very big.

I understand now why Webgogs is projecting a buyout above $20/share. In my opinion, his reasoning seems sound. So, we ask the astonishing question -- could it be, that a stock that has already for many of us been a 15 bagger, could be another 10 bagger for those who buy today at $2.70? Yes, nothing is certain, but I believe that such an outcome is very possible.

Here's a final item that I'll share with you all. I had a conversation recently with someone connected to a major media outlet. They've heard about Copper Fox. It's on their radar screen, and they're starting to ask questions. One day there could be coverage that could give a much bigger exposure than Elmer's recent interview on BNN.

So I put the pieces all together. What if the new Resource estimate indicates 12 times more minerals than the 2007 estimate? What if there is major media coverage that a company with a $1 billion market cap owns a mineral resource with an in-situ value of $700 billion, in the first of its several project areas?

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field." (Matt 13:44)

The decision was clear. My investing principles are important to me, but this is too big an opportunity to pass up.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #3747
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCVTEC View Post
Who here is holding Prophecy Resources? Any thoughts? It's down nearly 9% today and it's looking quite attractive at this price, though my gut feeling tells me it might dip lower...
I'm in for $10k on PCY and it's done absolutely nothing. The guy's unproven but he has a bunch of gorillas on his advisory board. I bought the company bc I'm now heavy in Mongolia.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #3748
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
for a swing trade?
I'm using it as a holding to margin against. I never bought into the IPO 3 years ago even though the whole sales team was excited about it and have been kicking myself on this deal ever since. The current sale price reflects an entry point below their last private placement which makes it attractive for me.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #3749
RS controls my life!

Failed 11 Times in 5 Posts
Damn. This thread has reminded me to keep on top of my RRSP even though it's a small account. Thanks for all the advice/info given. Time to start getting rid of the dogs and into some other promising plays.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #3750
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
anyone doing a self directed rrsp?
what is your strategy?
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote