REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #4076
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
Did anybody read the CUU AGM documents? Specifically, the part about how some guy by the name of Ernesto Echavarria and how he's got 52.9% of the outstanding common shares or 197,109,711.

Couldn't Google much about him aside from him being a businessman based in Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico.
Advertisement
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #4077
I don't get it

Failed 198 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3klipze View Post
How much commission is q trade ? I play from small cap to midcap , and Td commission is pretty killer

Edit : for those with qtrade , how are your experiences with it ? And their charts ?
Everythings good cept charts . That's why I'm planning to pay more to use esignal instead. Commission is 20 bucks if u don't meet requirements.
Posted via RS Mobile
Stormspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #4078
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Did anybody read the CUU AGM documents? Specifically, the part about how some guy by the name of Ernesto Echavarria and how he's got 52.9% of the outstanding common shares or 197,109,711.

Couldn't Google much about him aside from him being a businessman based in Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico.
ya i saw that too...he's got WWAAAYYY more percentage than anyone else (have my book thing at home)
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #4079

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
couldnt make the AGM, anyone report on it thanks. Picked up another 1000 shares @ 2.10 hehe
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #4080
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Failed 532 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
couldnt make the AGM, anyone report on it thanks. Picked up another 1000 shares @ 2.10 hehe
its tomorrow
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #4081
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
oooh maybe i can buy in tmr...looks like it could return to $2
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #4082

ah fuck still can't make it for tomorrow D: ... Hoping for RE before AGM, that would be ideal but probably won't happen.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #4083
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 100 Posts
icn hit big

96.3g/t @ 45.6 = 3ounzes :|

http://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item....l=ICN&region=C
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #4084
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 31 Times in 12 Posts
Anyone attended CUU AGM today?

Any updates about the RE or any news release.

*Added 2000 today. Hoping to see some news this week.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #4085
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Sommeonee posted some notes about the agm on stock house..
Posted via RS Mobile
CT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 AM   #4086

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
maybe take another look at BCG. i got this from the "main" pumper on the board:

Here is the email I created using my notes from a 30 minute discussion had with the CEO of BCG yesterday around 230 central. Most CEO's are in a bad mood on a day someone sells 4+ Million shares however Brian was very happy. Calling yesterday "a great day for BCG shareholders"

Good Evening,

First off, I should let you know you are one of now 30+ people to inbox me asking for this info. I expect to get more requests. So I do expect some type of bounce back that could begin tomorrow or by weeks end if the market noticed what took place today.

Over 6 million traded including alpha. Also 8.2 million showed up on the bid at .08 a share. They were put there upon the dump at .085. My guess is it was the new buyer anticipating some scared selling into .08 which he got some of but not nearly the 8.2 million there was waiting. That is $656,000 chump change... lol Something big is coming... Today was a necessary evil to get rid of an unnecessary evil. JDM and now sunlight is all I can see!!!!!

10 Questions for Brian Fowler- CEO – BCGold Corp – May 16, 2011

Q1 – What took place today with all of those shares changing hands? Can you provide any input?

A. Yes, today is a great day for BCG shareholders. We were able to set up a trade to eliminate 100% of the shares held in ownership by the Mineral Fields Group. I am very very excited that this day has finally come. When the markets crashed many juniors like us were in difficult positions to raise capital. One of the only providers offering capital at the time was Mineral Fields. We were unaware of what we had gotten ourselves into. The Mineral Fields Group consistently lied and misled the operators of BCG. As well they performed market making measures against the company to prevent certain gain in favour of gains being sought in tax benefits. As a result they have been blackballed from being involved in current and future operations by very many explorers and miners in Brian Fowlers network which obviously includes BCG.

Q2 – How are things moving along with Engineer?

A. We are experiencing some icing issues on the lake that are preventing us from getting at the property just yet with the heavy duty equipment that is needed for this spring’s exploration program. We now plan to dispatch crews in the first week of June because of this.

Q3 – Can you discuss the resource estimate specifically the recommended work and the 25 gpt cut of scenario?

A. We are very excited by Scenario 1.2 and we have decided to do a NR in the coming days or next week to notify more in the investment community about these harder to find results. It is sort of our gem in hiding right now. When we were issued the preliminary results of the resource estimate then only contained scenario 1.1 so we went to market with it because we were very happy with the result. Then we got the full report containing scenario 1.2 which is significantly better results (60% less waste rock for basically same amount of gold). As for our program recommendations we plan to carry out exploration in the multi millions at the Engineer mine this year as a result of this.

Q4 – Multi millions? With what capital?

A. Our goal is to pour a couple of gold bars this summer at Engineer. Because of this we have lots of well known “Gold Bugs” in our corner watching this project closing if they are not already in because of it. We anticipate doing lots of communication to the market in the coming weeks to ramp up the stock price and plan to raise capital at much more beneficial levels then we currently sit at. I hold firm that the potential for a multi million ounce gold property exists at Engineer. We will be doing the first ever airborne and property wide surveys on the Guardesmen/Engineer properties. We also are very excited to do surface samples of the Shaft, Boulder and Governor veins as well as channel sample numerous other areas of the property, which have never been touched aside from documenting the visible alterations on surface. Also there is a large shaft support we plan to remove during underground rehabilitation. We can see a significant amount of visible gold and electrum around and behind this shaft support (Bonanza grades) however because it is a main support of the mine it has to be rebuilt and then removed and the rock can be exposed. There are many areas of the Engineer and Double decker vein that were never historically sampled or mapped. The current map shows 2 ore shoots in the double decker vein and we think there could be a considerable amount more based on visible exposure throughout the mine. We are very excited to get working at Engineer this summer and expect our work to gain us a lot of attention. Also now that MF is no longer topping out our share price we should see the stock move consistently higher to a more respectable valuation. BCG is horribly undervalued and we hope to change that very soon.

Q5 – Can you lead me on at all as to what type of communication you think will raise our market capitalization?

A. The company has decided that we need to focus our efforts in BC primarily. This means multi millions in work at Engineer, focus on the 7 road accessible property’s in Quesnel and we are planning on making announcement about some more property acquisitions in the immediate future. However I cannot discuss more than that because we are in the process of filing qualifying reports on these newly staked areas in highly prospective mining camps, which are also road accessible. The company believes the Yukon is a little over crowded right now and being named BCGold they would like to be as focused as possible in developing project in BC. BCGold believes they may have some work taking place on upcoming properties in BC that could gain them attention as proven discoverers doing it again...

Q6 – What can you tell me about Sickle – Sofia

A. That is an exciting project. We are considering a number of options that may include spinning this property out into another company or to have our JV sold. We hope to make a decision regarding this in the near future.

Q7 – With all of the focus on Engineer and the potential in South BC, is it safe to say Voigtberg is on the backburner for a while?

A. Kaminak is very busy and so are we with other projects. Our focus is not in this property right now because it is very expensive to access and I feel like we owe it to our shareholders to drill the best most cost efficient properties we have. This will result in more meters drilled for less capital output. We have something that could turn out to be elephant size discovery in south BC. All of the signs we looks for when discovering major mines of the past are here. We are working hard to bring this news to shareholders soon.

Q8 – How are things with Red Quest Copper corp. What are your plans there?

A. Most companies look for any old property to do a qualifying transaction however we are perusing a reverse spin out to obtain what we consider is a much higher potential project. This is a rare feat for an IPO to accomplish.

Q9 – What can you tell me about the Yukon operations?

A. Again these are helicopter accessible properties for the most part and the expense to drill them is much more significant than to drill road and Kodiak accessible properties in BC. We feel as though we can still get these properties drilled through agreements while maintaining a significant focus in BC. We plan to make some announcements regarding agreements in the Yukon soon. However as I said before I am not too keen about the Yukon right now. It is very overcrowded and we are just not a company that throws stakes in the ground 20kms away from an atac properties and then tries to ride there coat tails. We are looking for company maker’s end of story, not interested in selling a story of bull and disappointing our investors.

Q10 – What inspired Lawrence Roulston’s involvement with the company?

A. Great question. We are very happy to have him aboard, he has a great reputation and is not like these other promoters that ask us to write them options to pump our company. He is truly a professional investor making educated decisions and pointing investors in the direction of his decisions which is the kind of person we want involved with us. Lawrence actually came to us. Told us he had been accumulating and he wanted to have a little closer look at our operations. We are bringing him and a number of other analyst and bloggers out to the Engineer mine early this summer to give them an up close look. He said he plans to write more in the near future about the company.

I am planning to buy more tomorrow. The opportunity is too great. Do you know how many investors have came along and said they want in on this play the day JDM is out. Hundreds if not more, I would not be surprised if the company did a NR announcing JDM was no longer involved in the company.

Thank you for taking the time to consider investing in BCG we are excited for this summer as I and the management I have spoke to see our share price getting out of the range it has traded in for the last year. Thanks mainly in part to the exit of the mineral fields group as investors. Today is a great day and it means great returns, our share price will be considerably different in 3 months Brian said and if it isn’t I will have to quit the industry (jokingly), because I must not know what I am doing anymore and I find that hard to believe. Thank you for considering investing.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #4087
Rider

its going to be interesting to see what INT does with this concert they will be doing with KISS in 53 languages
Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #4088
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
its going to be interesting to see what INT does with this concert they will be doing with KISS in 53 languages
They just got Steve Nash as a spokesperson too.
DOHCVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #4089
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
They also just signed Steve Nash as another spokesperson..
Posted via RS Mobile
CT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #4090
Rider

yea i saw that, i grabbed some @1.30 range because i think this will be pretty big if it works with any real problems
Old 05-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #4091
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm using Qtrade right now, no complaints, charts are not as good as other brokers I have seen.

Curious about questrade.com, anyone use them?
Min. $5 commission / trade, max. $10 - no requirements.
clandestine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #4092
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Failed 23 Times in 8 Posts
im using questrade right now. the charts are meh.
but i use tdwaterhouse for charts, and buy/sell with questrade, so its not so bad.

they told me tfsa/margin account transfer would take 3 business weeks... (ridiculous), but i said fine whatever, and it only took 4 business days. not sure whats up with that.. cant complain lol.

just giving you heads up, questrade does north american markets only. so if you want to trade overseas, this isnt gonna cut it for you.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #4093

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam_dan View Post
im using questrade right now. the charts are meh.
but i use tdwaterhouse for charts, and buy/sell with questrade, so its not so bad.

they told me tfsa/margin account transfer would take 3 business weeks... (ridiculous), but i said fine whatever, and it only took 4 business days. not sure whats up with that.. cant complain lol.

just giving you heads up, questrade does north american markets only. so if you want to trade overseas, this isnt gonna cut it for you.
You can have margin in a TFSA ?
Old 05-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #4094
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
You can have margin in a TFSA ?
Nope, otherwise you'd be over your limit through the margin.

Anybody know if there were insider buys for CUU this week? Can't believe next week is already "late" May.
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #4095
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Failed 23 Times in 8 Posts
sorry i meant tsfa AND margin account
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #4096
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, LinkedIn today... $50 to over $115 by noon?!?!
joshg_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #4097

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshg_5 View Post
Wow, LinkedIn today... $50 to over $115 by noon?!?!
Yup, my order didn't get filled oh well. it's gonna come down imo
Old 05-19-2011, 09:27 PM   #4098
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 9 Posts
It's a short is what it is.

8 bn valuation on 15mm earnings?

That's RETARDED.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #4099
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 59 Times in 18 Posts
... after two consecutive years of losses AND quarterly earnings due out in a few months' time. No thanks.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #4100
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
blkgsr - BCG does look interesting but I have most of my money tied up in CUU right now. I was hoping to move the profits I will make in CUU to BCG. I'll see how it turns out.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote