REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #5076
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
That's not too too bad. I have a friend who got in at 2.35. But once this BFS is out, we're set. lol
Advertisement
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #5077
RS controls my life!

Failed 11 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
I've been ignoring CUU for the last 2 months.....still hurting though =(
I feel your pain.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #5078
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
Ignoring CUU?

Not the best decision - Esp with small cap stocks where the tide can change fast.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #5079
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
SP gonna spike when titan comes out then sell off until feasibility, trade it imo
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #5080
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 17 Times in 10 Posts
Looks like it's going to be ugly tomorrow
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #5081
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
gold is 1900+ atm.... =D
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #5082
I don't get it

Failed 359 Times in 46 Posts
most yall discussin' these small/mini caps.... fucken sucks

get to the real point!!!! euro meltdown means ka-ching!!!!! time
lime56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #5083
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
^ care to elaborate?
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #5084
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Ignoring CUU?

Not the best decision - Esp with small cap stocks where the tide can change fast.
I have actually been ignoring CUU as well because of the slow/delayed news and it is summer right now so enjoying the weather xD

tbh with CUU we already know what is to come; we have a taste of the drill results with some drills pending assay, the titan results should be done by now. The release i'm waiting for is the BFS which should be done near November. There are big invite only conferences this week and this is when i expect some of the big news such as titan/pending assay drills numbers to come out. Once the titan comes out, i'm sure there will be another SC in our hands.

by the way if any of you guys have looked at the amec stuff for cuu, they actually have a new report. The lawyers have spoke and some of the land that CUU has is not subjected to the teck back-in but will be offered if Teck does decide to back-in. the area that we own 100% and is not subjected to the back-in but will be offered is half of the GK zone, mike zone, and SC? correct me if i'm wrong.

Tomorrow will be a good day.
aznl3oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #5085
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
Tomorrows not gonna be a good day I can guarantee that , unless we get a NR of course.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #5086
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
^ care to elaborate?
welll if you knew how to short the market and were already short the market.. you be rolling in dough by now!!!!

if i held my positions a night longer two-three weeks ago, i woulda been up even more

the last mini crash a few weeks ago is just a sign of things to come

funds betting on the wrong side used that time to get out

a bear market is coming and will last longer and felt harder than the financial disaster of 2008

all this stock picking here by you guys wont mean shit cuz everyone will unload by the boatload

see you at s&p 850 dow at 8750 and oil at 55... gold? dunno depends where the US currency is trading too.... short term drop if market crashes then a major bull run in gold while US to CAD will be 1.08.. causing canada to fall into recession dues to exports being lower

housing crashes in BC/Canada due to China investors pulling out and buying gold

Old 09-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #5087

Financial disaster of 2008 and today is very different. 2008, the entire system was going to break down. This time, it's the politicians fucking everything up. A little optimistic outlook on the economy.

1. Banks are less leveraged than 2008. They have much more liquidity than 2008.

2. Funds (hedge funds) are not as leveraged as they were in 2008 whether it was in commodities or stocks. (I don't know where you're getting the funds betting on the wrong side debate.) A lot of those funds are still holding cash or treasuries.

3. Corporate profits are higher than ever. We've seen a bunch of M&A activities. Canadian Tires for Forzani, AT&T for TMobile, Microsoft and Skype, Google and Motorola etc.

4. Emerging markets of BRIC. As bad as you want to call it, these countries are still growing as a very high rate.

5. USA did not default.

6. How will there be a housing crash in BC/Canada? Are you talking about Vancouver specifically? How will this crash happen? Even though I can go on about the housing debate in Vancouver, the "Chinese investor" is not the entire demand. Cause a lot of ppl I know in Vancouver have a lot of equity tied in their home so foreclosure is out of the question. A lot of homes have rental units that helps with the mortgage payments.

*If ppl are going to bring up that recent article of 95% of Vancouverites income goes to mortgage payments, please give your head a shake and think how we can live off of 5% of our income.

Plus, the labour costs/material costs in building a house is so much more nowadays that regardless of how big the fall is. The value in the house itself will still hold.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 AM   #5088
SiRVs up, dude

Failed 31 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Plus, the labour costs/material costs in building a house is so much more nowadays that regardless of how big the fall is. The value in the house itself will still hold.
Like the HP touchpad??
Old 09-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #5089
Need my Daily Fix of RS

NR for CUU, too bad the market is getting owned.

Copper Fox Metals Inc. - News Releases - Drilling Intersects 0.81% Copper Equivalent Over 154m at Schaft Creek and Extends Higher Grade Mineralization to the East - Tue Sep 6, 2011...

Quantec Titan-24 DCIP and MT survey:
The Titan-24 DCIP and MT survey over the Mike, ES and GK zones has been completed. The survey covered 2.8 kilometers of strike length over the Mike and ES zones at a 400m spaced lines and 0.8 kilometers (3 lines spaced at 400m intervals) over the GK zone. Results of the survey are expected by mid to late September.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #5090
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 49 Times in 13 Posts
ONR.TO popped today with a bad market

got in during the debt crisis around the 5$

Last edited by 3klipze; 09-06-2011 at 08:53 AM.
3klipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #5091
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3klipze View Post
ONR.TO popped today with a bad market

got in during the debt crisis around the 5$
Damn Up 32% today!

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #5092
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lime56 View Post
gold? dunno depends where the US currency is trading too.... short term drop if market crashes then a major bull run in gold while US to CAD will be 1.08.. causing canada to fall into recession dues to exports being lower

housing crashes in BC/Canada due to China investors pulling out and buying gold

Don't see this happening. Swiss Franc is no longer a safe haven currency so many countries will be turning to the USD again because it can be bought in mass quantities. If anything the USD will gain strength for a while.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #5093

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR_vfung View Post
Like the HP touchpad??
lol...I was tempted to buy it at $100. But aren't they giving it a second try apparently???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznl3oi View Post
NR for CUU, too bad the market is getting owned.

Copper Fox Metals Inc. - News Releases - Drilling Intersects 0.81% Copper Equivalent Over 154m at Schaft Creek and Extends Higher Grade Mineralization to the East - Tue Sep 6, 2011...

Quantec Titan-24 DCIP and MT survey:
The Titan-24 DCIP and MT survey over the Mike, ES and GK zones has been completed. The survey covered 2.8 kilometers of strike length over the Mike and ES zones at a 400m spaced lines and 0.8 kilometers (3 lines spaced at 400m intervals) over the GK zone. Results of the survey are expected by mid to late September.
SP seem to drop everytime they release something? It's like they are trying to scare some ppl away and force them to sell it. A little thing to keep in mind is that Stifel seems to buy everytime a NR is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
Don't see this happening. Swiss Franc is no longer a safe haven currency so many countries will be turning to the USD again because it can be bought in mass quantities. If anything the USD will gain strength for a while.
Exactly...gold is never really the answer as safe haven. It's too illiquid.

USD is still the safest and most liquid asset in the world. It's something we have to live with. Any other currency used to invest with is not enough. Or not better IMO. Euro or Yen? They're just as bad. RMB? well not until it's an internationally traded currency.

It's like Dennis Gartman says, the country with the biggest economy and biggest military power is the currency to trust. For now, it is still USA.

Last edited by highfive; 09-06-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM   #5094
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

SP seem to drop everytime they release something? It's like they are trying to scare some ppl away and force them to sell it. A little thing to keep in mind is that Stifel seems to buy everytime a NR is out.

yeah this always happens

The NR wasn't even bad...pretty good imo. The 408 and 409 drills were drilled at an angle just to measure the extend of the mineralization and the results pretty much prove the minerals extend to the east and west.

yeah i've noticed the buying as well, it is probably because when a NR comes out the SP drops =.=

The NTL contract has been signed.
COPPER FOX M : Copper Fox Welcomes the Awarding of the Construction Contract for the Northwest Transmission Line Project | 4-Traders
Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #5095
I don't get it

Quote:
Financial disaster of 2008 and today is very different. 2008, the entire system was going to break down. This time, it's the politicians fucking everything up. A little optimistic outlook on the economy.

1. Banks are less leveraged than 2008. They have much more liquidity than 2008.

2. Funds (hedge funds) are not as leveraged as they were in 2008 whether it was in commodities or stocks. (I don't know where you're getting the funds betting on the wrong side debate.) A lot of those funds are still holding cash or treasuries.

3. Corporate profits are higher than ever. We've seen a bunch of M&A activities. Canadian Tires for Forzani, AT&T for TMobile, Microsoft and Skype, Google and Motorola etc.

4. Emerging markets of BRIC. As bad as you want to call it, these countries are still growing as a very high rate.

5. USA did not default.

6. How will there be a housing crash in BC/Canada? Are you talking about Vancouver specifically? How will this crash happen? Even though I can go on about the housing debate in Vancouver, the "Chinese investor" is not the entire demand. Cause a lot of ppl I know in Vancouver have a lot of equity tied in their home so foreclosure is out of the question. A lot of homes have rental units that helps with the mortgage payments.

*If ppl are going to bring up that recent article of 95% of Vancouverites income goes to mortgage payments, please give your head a shake and think how we can live off of 5% of our income.

if banks arent in trouble, than the euro banks shouldnt show the stock performance it has already

didnt you hear about the paulson fund fucking up this past month? and he's the guy who short the mortgage market with goldman et al

corporate profits are growing because they were so depressed compared to just a couple of years ago (2008) and cost cutting (why you think unemployment hasnt decreased? anyone hiring down there?) and stock buybacks to boost up their EPS (sham!)

BRIC growing at very high rate is a big concern.. they wont grow forever and in the short term wont exceed the past growth rate, which markets frown upon... also gov't in these regions are slow to react.. they will raise rates after the fact and slow the growth rate even moreso

US did not default.. you think they ok now?
does pushing your credit card bill to later make you better?
greece avoided default .... one year later.. hello greece.. you're back asking what? (btw, some ppl say a US default brings pain, but might have fix more than it can then raising the debt ceiling)

'Cause a lot of ppl have equity in their home so foreclosure is out of the question'... huh? did the US have equity in their homes? isnt that what foreclosure is about? you owe more than its worth numbnuts and you cant pay it back... you are retarded

you housing commment makes no sense... what the helll does labour and material cost matter?

i dont care you spent 25000$ soop'in up your car... im paying 6000$ for your civic
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #5096
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Failed 1,065 Times in 267 Posts
Any tips on building a portfolio? Have 10k to invest. Welcome any advice.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #5097
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 9 Posts
Went short HRBN.

Weird that I can't short more. No more permissions? Something fishy.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #5098

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Failed 532 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Any tips on building a portfolio? Have 10k to invest. Welcome any advice.
dollar cost average
invest over time, not all at once
research LOADS before you buy - then continue to research as you own
don't own more than 10 stocks (5-10 is perfect for diversification)
stay diversified
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #5099
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Failed 115 Times in 62 Posts
Copper Fox Metals Inc. Announces $3,000,000 Private Placement Unit Offering

4:27pm EDT
Copper Fox Metals Inc. announced that subject to the approval of the TSX-Venture Exchange, the Company intends to complete a non-brokered private placement to raise up to CAD3,000,000 in funds (Offering). The Offering is expected to consist of 2,000,000 units at a purchase price of CAD1.50 per unit, for aggregate gross proceeds of $3,000,000. Each unit consists of one common share of Copper Fox and one-half common share purchase warrant of Copper Fox. Each whole warrant entitles the holder thereof to acquire one common share of Copper Fox at an exercise price of CAD1.75 prior to 5:00pm on the one year anniversary of the closing date of the Offering.

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #5100
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
dollar cost average
invest over time, not all at once
research LOADS before you buy - then continue to research as you own
don't own more than 10 stocks (5-10 is perfect for diversification)
stay diversified
if you have 10k to invest..dont even start.. just give to a TD dude and put it to work

why i say that?

i assuming you're young. like under 35, and unless you have kids or are supporting family, this is disposable income.

sooner or later your urge to gamble big will come over you

so go into something more risky
younger- more risk OK
older- save for retirement

you have 10K only.. you cant go and buy 10 stocks and get a return that would make you happy or keep you involved

just buy the SPY or ETF
levered ETF are the way to go if you follow the market/news

i suggest the FAS/FAZ financial 3x ETF