REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #5101
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
^ Wish I could fail you
Advertisement
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #5102
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Copper Fox Metals Inc. Announces $3,000,000 Private Placement Unit Offering

4:27pm EDT
Copper Fox Metals Inc. announced that subject to the approval of the TSX-Venture Exchange, the Company intends to complete a non-brokered private placement to raise up to CAD3,000,000 in funds (Offering). The Offering is expected to consist of 2,000,000 units at a purchase price of CAD1.50 per unit, for aggregate gross proceeds of $3,000,000. Each unit consists of one common share of Copper Fox and one-half common share purchase warrant of Copper Fox. Each whole warrant entitles the holder thereof to acquire one common share of Copper Fox at an exercise price of CAD1.75 prior to 5:00pm on the one year anniversary of the closing date of the Offering.
Enersto is covering 100% of that lol.
aznl3oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #5103
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lime56 View Post
if you have 10k to invest..dont even start.. just give to a TD dude and put it to work

why i say that?

i assuming you're young. like under 35, and unless you have kids or are supporting family, this is disposable income.

sooner or later your urge to gamble big will come over you

so go into something more risky
younger- more risk OK
older- save for retirement

you have 10K only.. you cant go and buy 10 stocks and get a return that would make you happy or keep you involved
This is some bad advise right here....
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #5104

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Copper Fox Metals Inc. Announces $3,000,000 Private Placement Unit Offering

4:27pm EDT
Copper Fox Metals Inc. announced that subject to the approval of the TSX-Venture Exchange, the Company intends to complete a non-brokered private placement to raise up to CAD3,000,000 in funds (Offering). The Offering is expected to consist of 2,000,000 units at a purchase price of CAD1.50 per unit, for aggregate gross proceeds of $3,000,000. Each unit consists of one common share of Copper Fox and one-half common share purchase warrant of Copper Fox. Each whole warrant entitles the holder thereof to acquire one common share of Copper Fox at an exercise price of CAD1.75 prior to 5:00pm on the one year anniversary of the closing date of the Offering.
so correct me if i'm wrong, but they are offering shares at a price lower than the current market price? or how do these warrant's work?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #5105
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
so correct me if i'm wrong, but they are offering shares at a price lower than the current market price? or how do these warrant's work?
$1.5 gives each person 1 share AND 1/2 a warrant.

Said holder needs 2 shares to be able to execute warrant @ $1.75.

For $4.75, the person is getting 3 shares (if they execute warrant) or $3 for 2 shares.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #5106
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
$1.5 gives each person 1 share AND 1/2 a warrant.

Said holder needs 2 shares to be able to execute warrant @ $1.75.

For $4.75, the person is getting 3 shares (if they execute warrant) or $3 for 2 shares.
you sure that is how it works? i thought it was 1.5$ per share and 1/2 warrant to purchase another share at 1.75.

so you can buy 3 shares at 4.50$ or 2 shares for 3$. and you have the option to use the warrants at a later date to buy more shares at 1.75? so if you buy 2 shares at 3.00$ you can buy an additional share at 4.75. okay nvm that is how you are explaining it i think. lol i just realized while typing this oh well.

anyways, Ernesto already bought them all haha

Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Copper Fox announces a $3,000,000 Private Placement Unit Offering.
Insider commits to 100% participation in the Offering
Old 09-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #5107
I don't get it

Failed 359 Times in 46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
^ Wish I could fail you

fail what?

bad advice.. not advise.. who spelt that?

look he wants 10k invested

im suggesting at rapid growth strategy

if he wants to have 17K after 8-9 years then by all means do the buy and hold and research method
but in that case save your time and yourself anguish and give it to TD Assets Mgmt

my SO and i are saving for a downpayment... i know she couldnt handle the volatility, so i say buy a RRSP for a house downpayment and dont buy anything but GIC.... im not even looking for a return

trust me i aint dumb... i paid my dues and tuition on it

to the guy who has 10k ready to invest.. do it aggressively if you dont need the money to feed mouths

you can spend 10k and open a hot dog stand on burrard and robson and make more on your capital then how these guys are suggesting

im not dogging your thesis and advice, but it will not work in this environment.

buy hold and research ..... you gonna play catch up all day long

Last edited by lime56; 09-07-2011 at 04:48 PM.
lime56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:02 PM   #5108
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Failed 532 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
fail what?

bad advice.. not advise.. who spelt that?

look he wants 10k invested

im suggesting at rapid growth strategy

if he wants to have 17K after 8-9 years then by all means do the buy and hold and research method
but in that case save your time and yourself anguish and give it to TD Assets Mgmt

my SO and i are saving for a downpayment... i know she couldnt handle the volatility, so i say buy a RRSP for a house downpayment and dont buy anything but GIC.... im not even looking for a return

trust me i aint dumb... i paid my dues and tuition on it

to the guy who has 10k ready to invest.. do it aggressively if you dont need the money to feed mouths

you can spend 10k and open a hot dog stand on burrard and robson and make more on your capital then how these guys are suggesting

im not dogging your thesis and advice, but it will not work in this environment.

buy hold and research ..... you gonna play catch up all day long
your advice is terrible
so you'd rather he invest with a TD associate who will just buy into a mutual fund & rape him with expense fees

clearly this person is interested in starting to invest, thus he is willing to put in the time and effort

your advice for 3x leveraged FINANCIALS (of all things, which have gone up and down, up and down (more down than up)) is terrible given he's just starting

maybe your routine works for you, but for someone just starting who is willing to spend some time learning/reading up, my suggestions are solid, conservative, and will likely work the best (unless he wants to gamble, in which case a 3x leveraged ETF is the way to go, and for full disclosure, i do hold 1 3x leveraged ETF and 1 2x leveraged ETF, as part of a diversified portfolio)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #5109

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznl3oi View Post
anyways, Ernesto already bought them all haha

Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Copper Fox announces a $3,000,000 Private Placement Unit Offering.
Insider commits to 100% participation in the Offering
BALLER!!!

that's gotta be a good sign lol
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #5110
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
your advice is terrible
so you'd rather he invest with a TD associate who will just buy into a mutual fund & rape him with expense fees

clearly this person is interested in starting to invest, thus he is willing to put in the time and effort

your advice for 3x leveraged FINANCIALS (of all things, which have gone up and down, up and down (more down than up)) is terrible given he's just starting

maybe your routine works for you, but for someone just starting who is willing to spend some time learning/reading up, my suggestions are solid, conservative, and will likely work the best (unless he wants to gamble, in which case a 3x leveraged ETF is the way to go, and for full disclosure, i do hold 1 3x leveraged ETF and 1 2x leveraged ETF, as part of a diversified portfolio)

if he wants to put in time and effort... which is great by the way... open a paper account and trade for a year!!!!!....thats how you start out

what's he gonna do? troll the forums and listen to this CUU shit? what the heck? hows the stock doing by the way?

you hold 2x and 3x ETFs as part of a diversified portfolio? trolololo... i hope you are moving that in and out on a daily or weekly basis...

yah and if doesnt want to lose that 10K, give it to a TD dude who will put that money to work... you're talking about MER expenses... which is what?
3%?....

the wealthy put money in hedge funds when they take 10-20% MER regardless of performance... you know why? cuz they are worth it

i would gladly give someone 3 percent if my money is managed
Old 09-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #5111

Quote:
if he wants to put in time and effort... which is great by the way... open a paper account and trade for a year!!!!!....thats how you start out

what's he gonna do? troll the forums and listen to this CUU shit? what the heck? hows the stock doing by the way?

you hold 2x and 3x ETFs as part of a diversified portfolio? trolololo... i hope you are moving that in and out on a daily or weekly basis...

yah and if doesnt want to lose that 10K, give it to a TD dude who will put that money to work... you're talking about MER expenses... which is what?
3%?....

the wealthy put money in hedge funds when they take 10-20% MER regardless of performance... you know why? cuz they are worth it

i would gladly give someone 3 percent if my money is managed
you're clearly too baller for me, so i'll just let it slide
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #5112
I don't get it

does anyone want to contribute to the stock market thread?.... like eh... the stock market...

trends? TA? fundamentals... the euro and china?
Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #5113

Quote:
does anyone want to contribute to the stock market thread?.... like eh... the stock market...

trends? TA? fundamentals... the euro and china?
i think you've made it quite clear that you know best & everyone else is stupid, so, to be frank with you, no

i'll tell you exactly what i'm buying as part of my long term, diversified portfolio (which is of no interest to you) - Dupont & Deere as my ag plays, we have more and more people, demand for these products (fertilizer & higher efficiency farming equipment/light industrial equipment) will continue to be strong. both are well managed & are well priced currently.

i also like to have yielding cdn banks in my RRSP, as i can't/won't be touching that money for 40+ yrs

but again, that's of no interest to you

euro won't fail
china... well, china is china, they're building their infrastructure for the next 9 yrs without question (and beyond), things have/will cool off, but long term you can make money there - will be interesting when a republican president wins next year, though, as they'll take a hard stance (tariffs) on china as long as they don't let the yuan float

Trends? its been fluctuating like fuck out there based on ANY news
TA? I don't do short term trades, so i don't worry about TA, I buy into great companies for hte long haul, just my style
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #5114
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
i think you've made it quite clear that you know best & everyone else is stupid, so, to be frank with you, no

i'll tell you exactly what i'm buying as part of my long term, diversified portfolio (which is of no interest to you) - Dupont & Deere as my ag plays, we have more and more people, demand for these products (fertilizer & higher efficiency farming equipment/light industrial equipment) will continue to be strong. both are well managed & are well priced currently.

i also like to have yielding cdn banks in my RRSP, as i can't/won't be touching that money for 40+ yrs

but again, that's of no interest to you

euro won't fail
china... well, china is china, they're building their infrastructure for the next 9 yrs without question (and beyond), things have/will cool off, but long term you can make money there - will be interesting when a republican president wins next year, though, as they'll take a hard stance (tariffs) on china as long as they don't let the yuan float

Trends? its been fluctuating like fuck out there based on ANY news
TA? I don't do short term trades, so i don't worry about TA, I buy into great companies for hte long haul, just my style

you portfolio so far sounds really good.... no i mean it...its full of

i really like to hear more of it
i didnt say i know shit... cuz i dont...
but if you had 10k that is disposable income what would you do?

like i stated before to the guy with the question on how to start, if he didnt have mouths to feed
Old 09-08-2011, 03:32 AM   #5115
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 53 Times in 19 Posts
so what exactly is going on with cuu, i had some shares bought at 2.45 am i completely screwed or what?
classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #5116

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
lime56 - so what is your opinion of the current economic situation?

IMO, whether that 10K is disposable or not, the guy wants to build a portfolio, I believe discipline is the most important advice I have. Make some rules that ensure you don't fall into greed and gamble your money away. Whether you can lose it all now and don't have to care about it, it's about discipline over the longer term. You want to have money saved up one day and you want to manage it within your own risks.

classified - just waiting for cuu to bring out the feasibility study.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #5117
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by classified View Post
so what exactly is going on with cuu, i had some shares bought at 2.45 am i completely screwed or what?
nothing is going on with CUU, it is pretty much on track. the 3M PP is probably for drilling expenses since we just got a 3rd drill.

titan is expected to be out mid/late sept, that will be a big game changer imo. Or the SP ill drop to good news like always basically the titan will show 2d/3d modeling of the land and show the magnetics of the ground. This pretty much confirms what we have and were in the ground. A lot of other NR should be coming out this month as well, there's approx 3 more drills pending assay and with the TO and NY conferences, we should be expecting some NR from those events.

as for buying in at 2.45....if you can wait it out it won't be bad...a lot of people are expecting a buyout at ~5$ or more now because we were confirmed some land is not subjected to the back-in; this gives a posibility for a spin-co or leverage on the teck and the back-in. keep in mind mcdonalds was buying from 2.75 and stifel was buying at 2.20...
Old 09-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #5118
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 100 Posts
dude 10k is enough to make money dont be so stupid your td guy wont even cover inflation
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #5119
SiRVs up, dude

Failed 31 Times in 17 Posts
What kind of information could stifel / mcDix (?!?!) have that we don't with regards to CUU anyway? not really curious from an investing standpoint as I'm already long outta there, but just curious from a learners perspective.. I mean for all we know, McD could have some new investor on their team who's been following the hype on SH as well and passing on that enthusiasm to others on his team no?
Old 09-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #5120
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
lime56 - so what is your opinion of the current economic situation?

IMO, whether that 10K is disposable or not, the guy wants to build a portfolio, I believe discipline is the most importa nt advice I have. Make some rules that ensure you don't fall into greed and gamble your money away. Whether you can lose it all now and don't have to care about it, it's about discipline over the longer term. You want to have money saved up one day and you want to manage it within your own risks.

classified - just waiting for cuu to bring out the feasibility study.

just buy a corporate bond and your money will be double in 16 years...thnx
Old 09-08-2011, 10:27 AM   #5121
Rider

wtf lolol 16 years and only double....no thanks

id rather invest the money in the market and have it go up 100% + in a year
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #5122
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
Which companies are you looking at?
How you must have a huge appetite for risk.....
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #5123

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
lol 16 years... hahahaha

SiR vfung - Are you thinking McDonalds as the restaurant??? aznl3oi was referring to David Macdonald, an director of CUU. The majority of the share he owns were bought in the open market. Stifel buys can be taken either way. Keep in mind Ernesto has been buying as well.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #5124
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
me??? you know i do penny stocks =]
Old 09-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #5125

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
I made around 450%~ from october 2010 - now
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote