REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #626
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 25 Times in 5 Posts
GO US ECONOMY!!!
I WANT TO LOSE MONEY!!
Advertisement
Jonydakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #627
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
^ everyone is leaving the big boards and investing in pennies!
bossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #628
SiRVs up, dude

Failed 31 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GoGOgo
Damn.. I am new to this and for sure will watch this thread often.

An newbie Q and thank you for helping in advance. What do you use for trading and why? E-Trade?
another nub question.. but how much does it cost per trade? is there a certain percentage of your money that goes towards making the trade? or is it just a flat fee?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #629

Quote:
Originally posted by GoGOgo
Damn.. I am new to this and for sure will watch this thread often.

An newbie Q and thank you for helping in advance. What do you use for trading and why? E-Trade?
I use credentialdirect.com. I chose this because my bank (vancity) is affiliated with it. Since I have been trading for sometime I am thinking about jumping ship but I honestly haven't had the time to research the brokerages out there. I pay a flat rate of $19 per trade and if I trade more than 25 trades per quarter it price gets cut in half if I consistantly do this but I am not that active anyway.. (i've made 15 trades this year)

There are a few posts in this thread about brokerages, just do your research.

I wish we had an investment forum.

Last edited by bossxx; 03-06-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #630
SFICC-05*

Failed 107 Times in 33 Posts
^ Even better question...

Are there any investment forums that you guys frequent?
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #631

www.investorshub.com !!!!!!!!!

I am an addicttt

Last edited by bossxx; 03-06-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #632
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Failed 83 Times in 18 Posts
Etrade is super cheap this morning.. before opening it's at 3.58 .. pick up for a quick sell

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:57 AM   #633

whoever bought in at 3.5, Thumbs up to you!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating

Last edited by Mananetwork; 03-07-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:04 AM   #634

Redliine, going strong, good job on LLEG +14%

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Old 03-07-2008, 07:06 AM   #635

Yep. looking for .0065's at next resistance point. Once we knock out those hopefully pennies come. This could be a longer hold for me.

I am adding more @ .003

EDIT: a few people selling here haha i don't blame them cuz most bought at the high teens and are looking to make a decent profit. No problem with that I guess!

EDIT: LLEG up 25%

Im up 106% since last friday when I bought.

Last edited by bossxx; 03-07-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #636

SRCH has a good chart. Now sure how this spike is going to play iin today or even the long term.

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Old 03-07-2008, 07:26 AM   #637
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 25 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mananetwork
Etrade is super cheap this morning.. before opening it's at 3.58 .. pick up for a quick sell
good job on picking that up for cheap, i didn't know it will dip that low, i'm long on this one, averaged down couple times, just gonna sit on the sideline for now
Jonydakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #638
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Redline, you made me about 3,000 on LLEG,

Thanks
fa48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #639

E-trade is dumping again.. If you sold nice and high.. it's going to be time to pick it up again .. maybe not today, but monday!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Old 03-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #640

Up 118% on LLEG since I bought last friday..

ok i'll stop with the updates haha.

Last edited by bossxx; 03-07-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #641
Ubereem Mod

Failed 24 Times in 10 Posts
anyone shorting??

Good money to be made!
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #642
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt-R R34
anyone shorting??

Good money to be made!
ya i have short positions in gold and oil stocks/etfs
also index puts
oil is going to roll over hard!
i entered the oil shorts yesterday and made an early call on gold short couple days before that but overall im happy with how im positioned right now

some of you guys are going to get super burned from playing stupid penny stocks, they are the worst investments ever. i dont even look at stocks under $10
Old 03-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #643
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally posted by willcls
ya i have short positions in gold and oil stocks/etfs
also index puts
oil is going to roll over hard!
i entered the oil shorts yesterday and made an early call on gold short couple days before that but overall im happy with how im positioned right now

some of you guys are going to get super burned from playing stupid penny stocks, they are the worst investments ever. i dont even look at stocks under $10
I agreed with you about the penny stock comment.
Some of the stocks that recommends here (for example "MCEL" found in page 15 of this thread), .. it was down nearly 60% (from 0.27 to 0.16) in a week after the guy said he will hold for couple months. Good luck to him! I never looked at stocks that are valued under $15-20.

Oil/gold might have a pullback in coming week. It was due for a pullback. However, overall trend is heading up as US economy is going into a deeper hole. Investor is buying oil and gold.
Just a side note, lots of shorts are shorting oil at $100, and now shorts are covering, that's why we will see a sharp raise from $100 to $105 in a day.

I am guessing the stock market will be in a much better shape in April. I would recommend to buy "GS" and Visa IPO in the coming future.

I am currently holding:
MDR (largest position of the total investment)
FWLT
FLR
GG
MA

Looking to buy in the near future:
AAPL
GS
C
RIMM

Last edited by McDick; 03-08-2008 at 11:13 AM.
McDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #644

somewhat agree. Some of the stuff recommended here is garbage. For me anything around the $1 range is a gamble. However I have had to be more lenient on that the past 2 months, as unlike large cap stocks (AAPL, RIMM etc. which I am also very long on) the cheaper stocks don't tend to follow the overall market. I am very sure any of the general casual long term investors out there are in the red so far this year. If you are a serious investor and are out to make money you can't miss out on opportunities even in a bear market. Harder to find but they are still out there.

Quote:
Originally posted by McDick
Some of the stocks that recommends here (for example "MCEL" found in page 15 of this thread), .. it was down nearly 60% (from 0.27 to 0.16) in a week after the guy said he will hold for couple months. Good luck to him! I never looked at stocks that are valued under $15-20.

Oil/gold might have a pullback in coming week. It was due for a pullback. However, overall trend is heading up as US economy is going into a deeper hole. Investor is buying oil and gold.
Just a side note, lots of shorts are shorting oil at $100, and now shorts are covering, that's why we will see a sharp raise from $100 to $105 in a day.

I am guessing the stock market will be in a much better shape in April. I would recommend to buy "GS" and Visa IPO in the coming future.

I am currently holding:
MDR (largest position of the total investment)
FWLT
FLR
GG
MA

Looking to buy in the near future:
AAPL
GS
C
RIMM
l4d2_sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:20 PM   #645
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,535 Times in 536 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 8 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised if there are pump and dumpers in this thread hah. This thread is simply more for day traders looking for the quick flip.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:21 PM   #646

Quote:
Originally posted by McDick
I mentioned long ago when they were first discussing having an investment area it could be a dangerous idea. As you can see there are a lot of new investors here, for all we know someone could have cleaned out a good chunk of their bank account after reading that post. Either have it closely moderated or make it very well known there are a lot of spec. plays and only invest what you can afford to lose. Something along those lines.
l4d2_sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #647
Tech Mod

i agree with you guys too...penny stocks are risky. i dunno about anybody else, but i do know that in ALL of my posts i point it out that you should be doing your own dd before investing.

i have info on mcel which is why i'm riding it. i doubt there are any pump and dumpers in here because this isn't a very active thread. pump and dumpers usually reside on stock forums.

i agree that there should be a disclaimer on this thread, but then again...anybody stupid enough to blindly trust info they read in a forum is setting themselves up to get burned.

excellent guideline to live by when you invest (amongst many others)

Quote:
plays and only invest what you can afford to lose.

Last edited by KaOsTiK; 03-08-2008 at 04:46 PM.
KaOsTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #648
I STILL don't get it

we are in full blown recession in the US which will spill over to the rest of the world.
recession= low demand for everything! how are you going to buy gold when you're unemployed?
sure long term gold will probably hit $2-4000/oz. but you're not gonna like how it gets there with all the inflation. oil inventories have been building up for a couple weeks now.. then opec comes out and says they will maintain output and the price of oil doesn't move?? it's already priced in and oil is going to fall hard.

i know some of you believe that certain sectors or stocks will survive..but reality is that 90% of everything goes down in a recession
even agricultural exports right now is on a freakin rip but will probably fall with everything else

once things start to go down there will be margin calls and people need to shore up capital... they are going to sell their winners to do so. that is why you are going to see good stocks and sectors go down the toilet with everything else that is when the snowballin begins

Mcdick:get out of everything dude... cash is king MDR is making lower lows and lower highs, AAPL is going to below $100!!!!fuxors were all fucked, even tho im shorting everything i hate to see ppl lose money

so join in the fun and start shorting commodities! the most ripest short candidate i can find at least
Old 03-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #649
I STILL don't get it

the pullback in commodities will not be short lived my friends. the financial markets are getting fucked up. the japanese yen and swiss franc have been on a rip with the carry trade unwinding,all that cheap money coming out of japan all these years and we havent even heard from any japanese banks about holding any of that garbage subprime mortgage debt ( the country with the easiest available access to capital and we should believe they dont hold any of that garbage debt? i dont think so) maybe BOJ will make interest rates freaking 0%
disclosure:

canadian holdings: hed.to, hgd.to, hxd.to
us holdings: dug , sds, ewv, fxp, also front month put options on sp500 and bovespa etf (ewz)

longterm: im hoarding renminbi, ahahah i feel so sketchy buying the hard currency every couple weeks in small amounts
Old 03-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #650

Quote:
Originally posted by willcls
we are in full blown recession in the US which will spill over to the rest of the world.
recession= low demand for everything! how are you going to buy gold when you're unemployed?
sure long term gold will probably hit $2-4000/oz. but you're not gonna like how it gets there with all the inflation. oil inventories have been building up for a couple weeks now.. then opec comes out and says they will maintain output and the price of oil doesn't move?? it's already priced in and oil is going to fall hard.

i know some of you believe that certain sectors or stocks will survive..but reality is that 90% of everything goes down in a recession
even agricultural exports right now is on a freakin rip but will probably fall with everything else

once things start to go down there will be margin calls and people need to shore up capital... they are going to sell their winners to do so. that is why you are going to see good stocks and sectors go down the toilet with everything else that is when the snowballin begins

Mcdick:get out of everything dude... cash is king MDR is making lower lows and lower highs, AAPL is going to below $100!!!!fuxors were all fucked, even tho im shorting everything i hate to see ppl lose money

so join in the fun and start shorting commodities! the most ripest short candidate i can find at least
I agreed with you.
I do sell my stocks when the market looks ugly. Back in January, I did make a bad trade with Apple. I bought it at $185, went up to $200 quickly, and sold at a lost at $175. I am not stupid enough to be a bagholder and hope for a bounce.

As of MDR, I got in 2.5 years ago, therefore I don't need to sell it since I got in really cheap! MDR just reported positive (revenue and profit raising) earning and increasing of backlog of over $10 Billion dollar! Citigroup upgraded MDR with price target of $78.50. With $10 Billion backlog, what can go wrong?!? I am waiting for the market to recover a bit (assumed 4Q in 2008), this can be hitting $70 by the end of the year!

As of MA, FWLT, FLR.. pretty safe as I got in cheap in early 2007.
Those are my long term investment which I don't even care their daily movement.

As of now, I have a chunk of money sitting on the sideline ready to go back into the market for bargain hunting.

VISA and GS are my next target. I might use my margin account on VISA (which will be traded in mid-March).
McDick is offline   Reply With Quote