REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #6926
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys, where would I be able to find information like upcoming reporting dates, dividend dates, dividend rates, etc? I've tried Google but there is way too much information out there to filter through....Thanks
Advertisement
canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:41 AM   #6927
Old School RS

Thanked 4,034 Times in 1,228 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
Lowside: aware me on nz and tag. did some searching and couldnt find info on them? They on the tsx?
TAG and NZ are competitors in New Zealand oil & gas. They are very similar companies on similar paths but TAG is a bit further along and thus commands about 1.6x the market cap that NZ does. Both have tremendous futures - they both have had excellent success rates on the wells they have dug and both are preparing to build infrastructure to bring the gas to market which is currently mostly being flared off. It's worth noting that they both have claims to land on both the conventional west-coast where most on-shore drilling takes place, and large claims to the totally unexplored east coast. On a pure resource basis, NZ has much more oil resource in their west coast than TAG does but TAG is going to extract theirs much quicker. They both have MONSTROUS east coast oil potential based on the early estimates and TAG will be spudding their first east coast well in April 2012. If they hit big here, it's a game changer and both of these stocks are going to double in my mind. To give you an idea, NZ claims to have around 50MM barrels of probable on the west coast, but by the same measurement standards, they estimate 1.2 BILLION barrels on their east coast claims. TAG has similar figures with around 15MM on the west coast and around 1.1B on the east coast.

NZ currently produces around 1700bbl/d and wastes 100% of their gas as they don't have any method of capturing it. They did a $57MM financing @ $3.00 / share last week for the purposes of building natural gas pipeline as well as financing more drilling. The have 2 wells producing their 1700bbl/d and are drilling and testing #3 currently, news expected in 2 weeks or less since they spudded on Feb 18th. You can bet if they hit another solid well, that share price is going over $4 for sure. Their exit guidance is 3000BOE/D with 88% oil, so call it 2700BBL/D.

I currently own 3000 shares @ $3.30 avg cost.

TAG currently produces around 2800bbl/d and another 1200boe/d and are able to market some of their gas but do not have the infrastructure to capture it off all 12 currently producing wells. They just announced a $66MM cap-ex project to build pipeline and storage capacity as well as drilling 7 more wells in mid 2012. They have several drilled and tested wells that are just waiting for infrastructure. The middle of this year is going to be a monster. They estimate that they have another 3500boe/d (70% oil) already tested and production capable just waiting for pipeline. In addition to this, they have several new wells planned. Their exit guidance is 7500bbl/d and another 3200boe/d.

I just sold my 1000 shares at $9.99 but will definitely buy back in as soon as I can see a low $9.xx price.

As you can tell, I am excited and enthusiastic for both these companies. I see an easy double in these companies even if they don't find the east coast to be as oil rich as estimates believe it to be. The climate in NZ is excellent for these companies - strong domestic demand of around 3x domestic production, the government is pro-oil and is helping smooth environmental concerns, a safe place to do business, they are so many positives!

Hope that helps,
Mark
Old 03-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #6928
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksfan View Post
Hey guys, where would I be able to find information like upcoming reporting dates, dividend dates, dividend rates, etc? I've tried Google but there is way too much information out there to filter through....Thanks
Try thestreet.com

Dividend Calendar - 2012 Ex-Dividend Date Calendar - TheStreet

This is for dividends.

For earnings etc...try CNBC earnings central.

I don't know how accurate or reliable these trackers are. It's best to find the company you're interested in and go to their website directly.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #6929

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Failed 291 Times in 102 Posts
Online Employee Scheduling Software | Workforce Management

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the above company?

A good friend launched this about a year and a half ago, every month they have seen growth and increased revenues, he also has lots of interest from outside investors. He basically gave some people (Friends and family) a chance to get in on the next round of financing by selling some shares, the shares are quite expensive but basically would leave me owning half a percent of the company. The potential upside is huge...

Whats the risk? The risk is they are about to expand the business by employing a sales team based out of California, hiring something like 15-20 full time sales reps... if the sales reps don't pay off it will hurt the cash reserves of the company, but they can go back to operating as they do now, primarily based in Panama with low overhead and continued "slow" growth.

I think it's brilliant, they have a long term vision for the company that I like as well, and are currently focussed on establishing themselves as the company everyone identifies with cloud based shift planning and it's associated features like payroll, and others which are in the works.

Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by jasonturbo; 03-12-2012 at 10:39 AM.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #6930
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
TAG and NZ are competitors in New Zealand oil & gas. They are very similar companies on similar paths but TAG is a bit further along and thus commands about 1.6x the market cap that NZ does. Both have tremendous futures - they both have had excellent success rates on the wells they have dug and both are preparing to build infrastructure to bring the gas to market which is currently mostly being flared off. It's worth noting that they both have claims to land on both the conventional west-coast where most on-shore drilling takes place, and large claims to the totally unexplored east coast. On a pure resource basis, NZ has much more oil resource in their west coast than TAG does but TAG is going to extract theirs much quicker. They both have MONSTROUS east coast oil potential based on the early estimates and TAG will be spudding their first east coast well in April 2012. If they hit big here, it's a game changer and both of these stocks are going to double in my mind. To give you an idea, NZ claims to have around 50MM barrels of probable on the west coast, but by the same measurement standards, they estimate 1.2 BILLION barrels on their east coast claims. TAG has similar figures with around 15MM on the west coast and around 1.1B on the east coast.

NZ currently produces around 1700bbl/d and wastes 100% of their gas as they don't have any method of capturing it. They did a $57MM financing @ $3.00 / share last week for the purposes of building natural gas pipeline as well as financing more drilling. The have 2 wells producing their 1700bbl/d and are drilling and testing #3 currently, news expected in 2 weeks or less since they spudded on Feb 18th. You can bet if they hit another solid well, that share price is going over $4 for sure. Their exit guidance is 3000BOE/D with 88% oil, so call it 2700BBL/D.

I currently own 3000 shares @ $3.30 avg cost.

TAG currently produces around 2800bbl/d and another 1200boe/d and are able to market some of their gas but do not have the infrastructure to capture it off all 12 currently producing wells. They just announced a $66MM cap-ex project to build pipeline and storage capacity as well as drilling 7 more wells in mid 2012. They have several drilled and tested wells that are just waiting for infrastructure. The middle of this year is going to be a monster. They estimate that they have another 3500boe/d (70% oil) already tested and production capable just waiting for pipeline. In addition to this, they have several new wells planned. Their exit guidance is 7500bbl/d and another 3200boe/d.

I just sold my 1000 shares at $9.99 but will definitely buy back in as soon as I can see a low $9.xx price.

As you can tell, I am excited and enthusiastic for both these companies. I see an easy double in these companies even if they don't find the east coast to be as oil rich as estimates believe it to be. The climate in NZ is excellent for these companies - strong domestic demand of around 3x domestic production, the government is pro-oil and is helping smooth environmental concerns, a safe place to do business, they are so many positives!

Hope that helps,
Mark
damn, respect to ya, shoulda got in on TAO, did a lot of research but just couldnt pull the trigger, now its in the mid 10.xx.

BTW - what are you're guys thoughts on denison? I want a uranium play but dont want anything too junior. I hold CCO but want to add to my uranium holdings.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #6931
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Failed 115 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post

A good friend launched this about a year and a half ago, every month they have seen growth and increased revenues, he also has lots of interest from outside investors. He basically gave some people (Friends and family) a chance to get in on the next round of financing by selling some shares, the shares are quite expensive but basically would leave me owning half a percent of the company. The potential upside is huge...

Whats the risk? The risk is they are about to expand the business by employing a sales team based out of California, hiring something like 15-20 full time sales reps... if the sales reps don't pay off it will hurt the cash reserves of the company, but they can go back to operating as they do now, primarily based in Panama with low overhead and continued "slow" growth.

I think it's brilliant, they have a long term vision for the company that I like as well, and are currently focussed on establishing themselves as the company everyone identifies with cloud based shift planning and it's associated features like payroll, and others which are in the works.

Posted via RS Mobile
seems like a good business plan, it will probably get bought out by a larger company, so owning a share in it has a huge upside for you. how much is he looking for, for that half a percent that you would aquire?

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #6932
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
damn, respect to ya, shoulda got in on TAO, did a lot of research but just couldnt pull the trigger, now its in the mid 10.xx.

BTW - what are you're guys thoughts on denison? I want a uranium play but dont want anything too junior. I hold CCO but want to add to my uranium holdings.
I have some shares in Denison.. seems like a good time to buy right now since the last 2 days the share price dropped like 15% due to financials being lower than same period 2010.. but it was due mainly to a paper write down...non-cash impairment charge of US$32.6 million against goodwill in its U.S. mining segment.. thats like 12 cent a share loss almost
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #6933

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
seems like a good business plan, it will probably get bought out by a larger company, so owning a share in it has a huge upside for you. how much is he looking for, for that half a percent that you would aquire?
Well I honestly can't speak much on the valuation and the cost of my share(s), I have seen all the financials and to me I am paying fair value based on the companys current net worth as determined by an independent third party.

They expect to be bought out within 5 years, and would expect my investment of "say" 50k to be worth over a million at the time of buyout... well over a million according to the CEO.

The CEO is a very smart individual, this would not be his first time building a successful company. Interestingly enough, his father is also very wealthy, having patented the accelerometer used in most pedometers, his patent was bought by Nike and he is a proffesor at a Canadian University.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #6934

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbj View Post
I have some shares in Denison.. seems like a good time to buy right now since the last 2 days the share price dropped like 15% due to financials being lower than same period 2010.. but it was due mainly to a paper write down...non-cash impairment charge of US$32.6 million against goodwill in its U.S. mining segment.. thats like 12 cent a share loss almost
No time to talk but I like Denison as well.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #6935
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 100 Posts
What do you guys think of CSN (Crimson Biotech)? A friend of mine told me about it this weekend, apparently they have come up with a way to grow trees in 5 months from what I understand, and have signed or are signing a $27m contract. Currently at 0.10/share.
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #6936
Old School RS

Thanked 4,034 Times in 1,228 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
damn, respect to ya, shoulda got in on TAO, did a lot of research but just couldnt pull the trigger, now its in the mid 10.xx
Honestly, both companies are solid bets. TAG is more stable I think, but NZ also has more room to appreciate in value quicker. I would like to own both and wish I hadn't bought any goddamn CLL so I could have stuck another $4k into these two companies.

I have a standing order for another 1000 shares of NZ if it gets back to $3.15 and another 1000 at $3.00. TAG has got lots of momentum right now, NZ is in the limelight a bit less so this to me says time to buy. NZ will have some news coming soon, they are just about ready to flow test their 3rd well, Copper-Moki 3 and any halfway positive result is going to push their price to $4.00 and beyond. If that happens, I will probably sell at that point, but definitely will be buying back in again.

If you can watch Graham's analysis on NZ's next year and not be excited about the potential of NZ, you are a stronger man than I:
Spitballing 1 point zero three

TAG at over $10.00 is still a great mid-long term bet I am sure, but I think there will be opportunities to pick up some shares in the low mid 9s if I am patient. Last week, it hit a new high of $9.50 early in the week and yet you could have bought it for $8.83 one day afterwards. Friday it hit $9.99, this morning you could have bought for $9.53. Today it closed over $10.00 so this may be the end of the $9.xx prices for TAG but I will continue to be patient.

I like both of these companies on the long term, I just want to try and squeeze as many dollars as I can out of them along the way by playing some of the swings. I would never short either of these companies though, I believe pretty strongly that barring serious catastrophe, these two stocks are going to make me some huge money in the next 5 years.

Mark
Old 03-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #6937
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Failed 210 Times in 55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
What do you guys think of CSN (Crimson Biotech)? A friend of mine told me about it this weekend, apparently they have come up with a way to grow trees in 5 months from what I understand, and have signed or are signing a $27m contract. Currently at 0.10/share.
Posted via RS Mobile
if they signed a 25m contract, the market cap would not be 2.5m ... lol .10 cent penny stock
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #6938
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:

I had an exact same idea about scheduling management like this but in a far more streamlined process for corporate and individual users. I actually asked my friend to code it for me enough to make a demo.

But when I was talking about this idea to my dad's friend (he's a Silicon Valley millionaire and now dedicates his time doing angel-investing) he says to me that an idea like this is something very easy to copy. And unless you are extremely good at selling it to big corporations, you won't be able to make a decent money out of it.

In term of future of something like this, if they ever get bought out, they would only be valued at the customer base that they actually built (it can take very long for corporate to integrate system like this. So, it would be very unlikely for them to change it unless the other is significantly better/cheaper) rather than their idea.

So, check if they have good contacts or ways to get top500 as clients... else, I'd suggest to stay away (since you mentioned it's an expensive investment)
Old 03-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #6939
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
AAPL...that shit cray
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #6940
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
can you please use to common sense? how can you grow a fucking tree in 5 months? This sounds worse than those GMO'd, drugged and hormonal chickens

I just did a quick google search and couldn't find anything regarding these "trees" Seems like this company is trying to jump on this carbon offset train...
hmmn...perhaps this will end up like Sino Forest...time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #6941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I had an exact same idea about scheduling management like this but in a far more streamlined process for corporate and individual users. I actually asked my friend to code it for me enough to make a demo.

But when I was talking about this idea to my dad's friend (he's a Silicon Valley millionaire and now dedicates his time doing angel-investing) he says to me that an idea like this is something very easy to copy. And unless you are extremely good at selling it to big corporations, you won't be able to make a decent money out of it.

In term of future of something like this, if they ever get bought out, they would only be valued at the customer base that they actually built (it can take very long for corporate to integrate system like this. So, it would be very unlikely for them to change it unless the other is significantly better/cheaper) rather than their idea.

So, check if they have good contacts or ways to get top500 as clients... else, I'd suggest to stay away (since you mentioned it's an expensive investment)
Based solely on the growth and renewals they have seen to date it stands to be very profitable. They have a very high renewal rate, and very little "real" competition in their sector.

They also have lots of interest from angel investors... without having asked for the attention as they have never attempted private placement to date. (Beyond very close friends, family, and individuals on the BOD who were selected by the CEO an offered options)

I have a hard time understanding your position on "would only be valued at the customer base that they actually built", how do you value each customer? Based on the income from that customer, and if so, over what time frame? Consider the buyout of mint.com for 170M, what did Intuit "really" get for that money?

As far as the client base is concerned, look at the current list of clients, they have lots of big names on board, and recently got some BAC branches on as well.

Just food for thought, I'm sure there are people that love the idea, and some that hate it. I personally think the biggest obstacle is that a lot of people in scheduling and accounts payables are old women.. who wont be actively seeking a new way to schedule and handle payroll.

But there is no denying the digital movement of "human" interaction... so I tend to side with all things cloud based.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #6942
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Based solely on the growth and renewals they have seen to date it stands to be very profitable. They have a very high renewal rate, and very little "real" competition in their sector.

They also have lots of interest from angel investors... without having asked for the attention as they have never attempted private placement to date. (Beyond very close friends, family, and individuals on the BOD who were selected by the CEO an offered options)

I have a hard time understanding your position on "would only be valued at the customer base that they actually built", how do you value each customer? Based on the income from that customer, and if so, over what time frame? Consider the buyout of mint.com for 170M, what did Intuit "really" get for that money?

As far as the client base is concerned, look at the current list of clients, they have lots of big names on board, and recently got some BAC branches on as well.

Just food for thought, I'm sure there are people that love the idea, and some that hate it. I personally think the biggest obstacle is that a lot of people in scheduling and accounts payables are old women.. who wont be actively seeking a new way to schedule and handle payroll.

But there is no denying the digital movement of "human" interaction... so I tend to side with all things cloud based.
I think Oracle has a similar product? If so props to your friend for staying competitive against Oracle, might get bought out by them.
no_clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #6943

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_clue View Post
I think Oracle has a similar product? If so props to your friend for staying competitive against Oracle, might get bought out by them.
Not familiar with them as a "direct competitor", the only other players right now are:
Shift Planning | Shift Scheduling Software
Employee Scheduling Software - Online Scheduling Saves Time and Money
Free Employee Scheduling Software DRoster by Kappix

Shiffle would be the leading competitor and they are not even close to shiftplanning with regards to features or interface. At least that's what the brochure said lol
Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #6944
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
The problem is that it hasn't caught the attention of major companies. Let's take Google as an example, it can copy it in 12hrs and by the end of the day, it would have a better product with full Google API integration than anything on the market.

It doesn't have real competition because big company is not interested (yet) in this very program. But it has very low bar of entry.

Quote:
I have a real hard time believing that any angel investor is offering them a good amount of money and terms. With the connection that many angel investor have, they can go global in a matter of days.

IMHO, the scenario is more like that they haven't found any angel investor willing to offer them a good valuation of their company. And if that's true, the only reason is because angel investors simply don't see the value in them.

Quote:
Let's say for example that their only customers are the entire BAC to integrate their system for retail branches operation at a contract value of 5M/10 years and also McDonalds with another contract of 8M/10years. They would be valued probably not much more than 13M because investors know that they would at least break even on their investment.

Sure there can be speculation. But in the case of mint.com, it brings a lot of value to intuit and mint.com never had problem raising big bucks. Who do you think could value this service very much (in millions?) that it's willing to pay big bucks for it rather than starting their own?

Quote:
who wont be actively seeking a new way to schedule and handle payroll.
That's not the biggest problem. The problem is that, most company might be comfortable with the system they have. Even if they see it, it could be difficult to convince them to take it coming from a small company.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #6945

Quote:
The problem is that it hasn't caught the attention of major companies. Let's take Google as an example, it can copy it in 12hrs and by the end of the day, it would have a better product with full Google API integration than anything on the market.
Are you suggesting that google will copy any and every idea that may be profitable?

Quote:
It doesn't have real competition because big company is not interested (yet) in this very program. But it has very low bar of entry.
Big companies don't have interest in a lot of things until they are already making large amounts of money or hold a large audience... if you want some case studies see Mint, Facebook, PostSecret, etc.. there are hundreds of examples. (And I'm sure there are thousands of failures for every success) All companies and ideas endure a phase of growing and proving themselves. As stated by the CEO, they believe a buyout is inevitable and the focus of the company at this time is to become the one name associated with this sort of enterprise.

Quote:
I have a real hard time believing that any angel investor is offering them a good amount of money and terms. With the connection that many angel investor have, they can go global in a matter of days.

IMHO, the scenario is more like that they haven't found any angel investor willing to offer them a good valuation of their company. And if that's true, the only reason is because angel investors simply don't see the value in them.
Fair enough, I suppose I could be getting lied too.. but this wasn't something he came to us with... it's something we (a mutual friend) went to him over.

Quote:
Let's say for example that their only customers are the entire BAC to integrate their system for retail branches operation at a contract value of 5M/10 years and also McDonalds with another contract of 8M/10years. They would be valued probably not much more than 13M because investors know that they would at least break even on their investment.
So all equities trade at or below NAV? Cause that's bascially what I am hearing?

Quote:
Sure there can be speculation. But in the case of mint.com, it brings a lot of value to intuit and mint.com never had problem raising big bucks. Who do you think could value this service very much (in millions?) that it's willing to pay big bucks for it rather than starting their own?
To associate a timeline for this, they expect a buyout no sooner than 3-5 years from now.. it's not a cinderalla story.

Again I ask how Mint brings a lot of value to Intuit? Mint having trouble raising money? Not sure how that relates to shiftplanning.. very little to suggest they are in a position of financial distress or would otherwise have difficulty raising funds.

Quote:
That's not the biggest problem. The problem is that, most company might be comfortable with the system they have. Even if they see it, it could be difficult to convince them to take it coming from a small company.
Well that's your assumption and obviously a factor which is taken into consideration with the busniess plan. In terms of it "coming from a small company" the major focus for shift planning is to not appear as a "small company" and I think the website and quality of the product and interface reflect that.

Having said all that, I really appreciate the input, you share a similar view to myself when I weigh the pros and cons of the company as an investment... perhaps if you saw the figures to date you would be leaning a little more on the positive side of things.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 AM   #6946
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 85 Times in 35 Posts
My company (Bell) uses dayforce work management at over 100 retail stores.

We adopted it recently, so I think this would be something with a lot of potential.
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #6947
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Are you suggesting that google will copy any and every idea that may be profitable?

Big companies don't have interest in a lot of things until they are already making large amounts of money or hold a large audience... if you want some case studies see Mint, Facebook, PostSecret, etc.. there are hundreds of examples. (And I'm sure there are thousands of failures for every success) All companies and ideas endure a phase of growing and proving themselves. As stated by the CEO, they believe a buyout is inevitable and the focus of the company at this time is to become the one name associated with this sort of enterprise.

Fair enough, I suppose I could be getting lied too.. but this wasn't something he came to us with... it's something we (a mutual friend) went to him over.

So all equities trade at or below NAV? Cause that's bascially what I am hearing?

To associate a timeline for this, they expect a buyout no sooner than 3-5 years from now.. it's not a cinderalla story.

Again I ask how Mint brings a lot of value to Intuit? Mint having trouble raising money? Not sure how that relates to shiftplanning.. very little to suggest they are in a position of financial distress or would otherwise have difficulty raising funds.

Well that's your assumption and obviously a factor which is taken into consideration with the busniess plan. In terms of it "coming from a small company" the major focus for shift planning is to not appear as a "small company" and I think the website and quality of the product and interface reflect that.

Having said all that, I really appreciate the input, you share a similar view to myself when I weigh the pros and cons of the company as an investment... perhaps if you saw the figures to date you would be leaning a little more on the positive side of things.
I'm not too in tune on the financial side of things but I can provide some insight on companies that sell this type of software since I work in the HR systems field. Scheduling software are a dime a dozen these days, as someone mentioned out there, it is very easy to copy. You have to come up with something truly unique to be a differentiator and as far as I know, the big guys have covered every rule the most complex organization has thought of. I'm not sure how new this company is but people like myself who work for corporations to evaluate these kind of software would be very wary of buying from a product that isn't mature (10+ years) when you have other big guys out there that can undercut the price and provide a lot more in terms of functionality. Reputation is very important when evaluating HR systems, even if a smaller guy offers the functionality, executing it is another story.

Most scheduling system companies make their money on the consulting and implementation fees. The software costs is small since it is already developed and dirt cheap to deploy (if it is in the cloud).

The big guys in this industry is Oracle as mentioned above and KRONOS. KRONOS owns roughly 33% of the market share for time and attendance systems if I remember correctly.

As mentioned above, a takeover is what you would be hoping for.

Hope that helps
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #6948
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 105 Posts
Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Upgraded, $800 Target | Live Trading News: Economic and Investment Research

Apple, $800 Target
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #6949
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
can you please use to common sense? how can you grow a fucking tree in 5 months? This sounds worse than those GMO'd, drugged and hormonal chickens

I just did a quick google search and couldn't find anything regarding these "trees" Seems like this company is trying to jump on this carbon offset train...
hmmn...perhaps this will end up like Sino Forest...time will tell
Can I please use to common sense? Can you please use to common English? I don't know anything about the company other then a small bit my friend told me about it, which is why I asked here. If you want to flame me for asking about it in the stock market thread, kindly fuck off and die in a fire.
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #6950

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike66 View Post
I'm not too in tune on the financial side of things but I can provide some insight on companies that sell this type of software since I work in the HR systems field. Scheduling software are a dime a dozen these days, as someone mentioned out there, it is very easy to copy. You have to come up with something truly unique to be a differentiator and as far as I know, the big guys have covered every rule the most complex organization has thought of. I'm not sure how new this company is but people like myself who work for corporations to evaluate these kind of software would be very wary of buying from a product that isn't mature (10+ years) when you have other big guys out there that can undercut the price and provide a lot more in terms of functionality. Reputation is very important when evaluating HR systems, even if a smaller guy offers the functionality, executing it is another story.

Most scheduling system companies make their money on the consulting and implementation fees. The software costs is small since it is already developed and dirt cheap to deploy (if it is in the cloud).

The big guys in this industry is Oracle as mentioned above and KRONOS. KRONOS owns roughly 33% of the market share for time and attendance systems if I remember correctly.

As mentioned above, a takeover is what you would be hoping for.

Hope that helps
Thanks for this, I will bounce some questions off the CEO with this info.

One thing I do notice right away is that wouldn't oracle and Kronos require you have your own server? They don't seem to provide any type of cloud..? I also know from experience at work that JDE for instance is not the easiest program on earth to use.