REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #7326
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Mmmmmm green... Finally.

CLL not so green though lol might even buy some if it keeps dropping!

Edit: I couldnt help but notice that virtually every single major gold miner is near it's 52 week low...
Yes...wtf...I'm holding Goldcorp right now. Thought it was a good buy when it was at 43.5. Analysts are still maintaining buy rating with $60 12-mo. price target, but now I'm not so sure...hoping for good news with their quarterly report tomorrow.
Advertisement
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #7327
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
I was reading one article talked about Argentina's government wanting to nationalize their oil industry and gold mining is second on their list.

It's just a rumour but meh.

I found out by buying in McEwen Mining MUX. CEO is the old CEO that made Goldcorp the company it is today. They have this undeveloped mine that's very close to the Goldcorps one in Argentina.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #7328
Banned (ABWS)

Fuck me

CTV News | Goldcorp profit falls short of forecasts
Old 04-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #7329
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyzy View Post
It's ticker is GG after all
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #7330
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
I found out by buying in McEwen Mining MUX. CEO is the old CEO that made Goldcorp the company it is today. They have this undeveloped mine that's very close to the Goldcorps one in Argentina.
Yea argentina is kinda wtf right now.. I'm holding lumina copper which has mines there as well.. But I don't think copper is an asset the gov't there will go for.. Not yet at least
bbbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #7331

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
It's ticker is GG after all
hahahahah lmao hahaha Sorry Jermyzy.

bbbj - yeah I don't think copper is an issue hopefully.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #7332
Rs has made me the man i am today!

anyone trading with RBC?
Their system has gotten slower..it doesn't show that my orders have filled for a minute or ..and it's pissing me off
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #7333
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
CLL, URRE, and YNG are looking very attractive.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #7334
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Agree. Just noticed CLL getting hit hard down to .78 YNG not doing any better.

I'm glad I sold my Potash shares yesterday when it was up 5%. They missed expectations and profit dropped 33% this quarter.
Potash Corp. misses expectations as demand slumps | Commodities | Economy | News | Financial Post

Seems there is a big retreat from commodities right now.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #7335

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
CLL = Sketchy. Would need to drop back to .50 or some before I will consider it again.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #7336
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Forgot to add SNPK to the list
Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #7337
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
Forgot to add SNPK to the list
Yes that's heading to OVER 9.000!!!!!!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #7338

Fuck...we should all buy into some cheap penny stock. We should flood all the forums about it.

Each of us should wear a suit and upload a youtube vid promoting the stock.

And find an analyst to give it a price target of X. lol

Jason - are you still holding CLL at all?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #7339

LOL remember somebody mentioning TBET...well..."Halted China stock $TBET to reopen on the pink sheets tomorrow"
Old 04-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #7340
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Yng is now down 35% since I bought it in February. Fml
canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #7341

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Jason - are you still holding CLL at all?
No sir, sold at .97-.98 a while back, within two weeks of the 4th quarter 2011 financials.

On the subject of being down 35% on YNG, I wouldnt sweat that too much, listen to the podcast for 4th quarter 2011 and do the math on the current output of the mine....

Avg of 3700T per day, at approx. 6g/T, 22200g/day (or 792.85oz/day) which puts them on track to hit 289390oz by the end of the year.. taking into consideration the lower numbers during initial commisioning, scheduled maintenance, and a slight contingency factor for unexpected repairs... they should easily hit the magic 150000oz target for 2012. Also consider the actual capicity of the mill is more like 7000T per day but they are not permitted to process that amount of ore so production will be limited to around the 4000T/day mark until all the start-up bugs have been sorted out and they can supply the monster with enough raw ore.

They no longer piss money away paying a third party to haul/mine/supply the ore... things are looking up for that company! Market cap of 250M.. there is junior miners out there who have market caps of 250M and are non producing and non proven (See V.SLI as of 6 months ago).

I am actually looking to purchase more YNG, but cant move money around until I sell some of the other garbage I have recently purchased lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #7342

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
^ well said - emotion is ripe in many investors

its not a loss until its realized, or until you get a margin call (really shouldn't invest on margin)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #7343
Banned (ABWS)

Fuck me x2. Goldcorp and Potash
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #7344
I STILL don't get it

What does everyone think of SU? Looking to buy some calls for earnings next week.
leilomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #7345
Need my Daily Fix of RS

so i made a $50 account for fun with www1.hymarkets.com but now they want me to photo copy my passport and my credit card and send it to them..... do other sites require this stuff? there is no way im going to photo copy my credit card both side and sent it in to them over email...

here is the email they sent me

Dear __________@hotmail.com,

We would like to remind you that you have not met our internal documentation requirements.

Please be aware that due to Anti-Money Laundering regulations and withdrawal procedures we require certain documentation from you.

1.Copy of Identity proof (example: Passport copy, State ID Card etc).

2.Copy of Address proof (example: Utility Bill, Bank Statement etc not older than three months) with the name & address of the user.

3.Photocopy of the credit cards (both sides) if the deposits have been credit card deposits.

4.Credit Card Authorization Form.

You can sent these documents by email to accounts@hymarkets.com or fax them to +971-4-4364071. Please state your username on all future correspondences with us..

*Due to regulations, failure to provide the required documentation within 21 days of your account activation will cause immediate liquidation of your positions and closure of your account until documents are received. In order to avoid future inconvenience, please provide the required documentation within the allotted time period. For more info please check terms and conditions.
gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #7346

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky View Post
so i made a $50 account for fun with www1.hymarkets.com but now they want me to photo copy my passport and my credit card and send it to them..... do other sites require this stuff? there is no way im going to photo copy my credit card both side and sent it in to them over email...

We would like to remind you that you have not met our internal documentation requirements.

Please be aware that due to Anti-Money Laundering regulations and withdrawal procedures we require certain documentation from you.

2.Copy of Address proof (example: Utility Bill, Bank Statement etc not older than three months) with the name & address of the user.

3.Photocopy of the credit cards (both sides) if the deposits have been credit card deposits.

You can sent these documents by email to accounts@hymarkets.com or fax them to +971-4-4364071. Please state your username on all future correspondences with us..

*Due to regulations, failure to provide the required documentation within 21 days of your account activation will cause immediate liquidation of your positions and closure of your account until documents are received. In order to avoid future inconvenience, please provide the required documentation within the allotted time period. For more info please check terms and conditions.
Dude we went over this LOL.....don't get why you keep choosing/thinking this site is a credible "broker"...how many other sites have a www1 in their URL. Why not open a legit account with a legit broker...

Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #7347
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Dude we went over this LOL.....don't get why you keep choosing/thinking this site is a credible "broker"...how many other sites have a www1 in their URL. Why not open a legit account with a legit broker...

so does that mean other sites do not require you to photo copy your id and credit cards and stuff??

i have not invested any more money into this site, i would not do it again with this site, i am still messing around with my first and only $50 i deposited, so far i made some money with forex and its kinda fun, its kinda like gambling LOL cept its not gambling... or is it

i did research and the www1.hymarkets.com are a company in australia i think, somewhere around there.. but yeah if i could do it again i would go with bbinary.com or something known to be better but first im just going to mess with this $50 that i cant get back and see where i go from there..
gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #7348
Banned By Establishment

Why not just use any of the major banks? Jesus. RBC, TD, Scotia, etc.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:38 AM   #7349

Connacher issues update regarding strategic review process

Spoiler!

Coles Notes:
May 15 2012, Q1 2012 Financials.

I would like to say that even though I would not purchase CLL "right now, it is on my radar, I have no doubt about it being a target for takeover, and with a current share price of .82 (roughly 380M market cap), there is still a huge potential upside based on a valuation of probably 2-3B.

381M + Outstanding Debt/Warrants of say roughly 800M you are essentially paying 1.2M for a 2.5B company... the reason why it is so attractive is that they have a large oilsands lease, two producing facilities, and a profitable refinery south of the border, long term expectations of a low NG price, and a climbing oil/biutmen price. You can also tack on the potential for positive cash flow depending on what exactly happened Q4 of 2011 which didn't offer much insight into the companys "actual" margins with the price of NG so low.

Consider that for any other company to start a new oilsands project from scratch you are looking at the folowing:
-Find a parcel of land that may or may not have confirmed and reliable geotechnical survey complete. (And hope this land is near a major hwy like CLL is)
-Begin the permitting and environmental assesments. (Takes years)
-Once initial permitting for development is complete, begin construction planning/engineering, permitting, social and economic assesments for the actual construction and commisioning. (Takes years)
-Once all approvals are in (or when approval is immiment), begin tender process and procurring materials. (Can take up to a year quite easily)
-Construct the facility (Tack on another year)
-Commision the facility (Tack on 3-6 months to get the bugs worked out)

And hope and pray that you actually get some production lol (A sustantial number of SAGD projects have been complete failures)... and remember you need to do most of these steps for EACH facility that CLL has.. so you can basically double the timeline. Total cost would be over 3B (easily) and would take a minimum of 6 years, so compare this to being able to walk in, buy all this for 1.2B and be making oil the next day... and get a bonus refinery! Also consider that companies like Nexen are getting paid better buck for their bitumen, and if they were to purchase CLL they would be instantly improving margins by selling the CLL bitumen to their existing clients.. and they have a pipeline! Cheap shipping!

Anyway... I still see strong upside for CLL, but the political side of the institutional ownership scares me a little bit... especially now that you have a fly by night board and CEO...

One thing CLL did that was impressive was to get through the entire process mentioned above rather quickly.

EDIT: On the subject of YNG, it was pointed out on the bullboards that major institutional ownership of CLL as of Feb 2012 was as follows:
Orifer 27.5%
Sprott Asset Management 13.0%
Deutsche Bank 11.2%

So over 50% of this company is held by 3 investment firms... and it would be reasonable to assume that there is a handful of other institutions holding large quantities under the 10% mark... could it be that retailer investors holding YNG make up less than say 20% of the outstanding shares? I would think so... and to me that would explain the volume to price ratio being so out of wack.. it's simply scared retail investors running for the hills while "smart" folks and greasy investment firms load up near all time low pricing. (At least thats how I see it..)

If someone can chime in, I remember reading a while back that retail or idividual investors make up around 30% of the equity markets.

Something worth reading on the subject of individual investors, their behavior, and the impact of their actions. http://www.princeton.edu/~dsraer/SRD.pdf

Last edited by jasonturbo; 04-27-2012 at 05:24 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #7350
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky View Post

your so fucking stupid that your going to lose all your money within a month and buy into some penny pump
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: