REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #8801
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Any thoughts on shorting Tesla? Looking at Dec 21 expiration or beyond.
Posted Sep 6th... should have acted on that one...
Advertisement
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #8802
My homepage has been set to RS

damnnn....What was the gain on those Telsa Dec 21 options?

On a side note..brutal close on ISD.V, but they released a bunch of N/R's afterhours on expansion in the USA. So...bounce back yes please.
Essentially this company designs antennas that can send messages to your phones when you opt in. For example, you opt it for deals in your range, you go to safeway, the antenna sends a promo saying, there's a deal 2 for 1 cans of soup of you use this, etc, etc.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-13-2013 at 04:06 PM.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #8803
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
retard of the year award goes to the guy that turned down 3b from fb and 4b from goog for snapchat hahahahaha....
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #8804

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
retard of the year award goes to the guy that turned down 3b from fb and 4b from goog for snapchat hahahahaha....
Reminds me of GRPN turning down GOOG's offer except this is even worst
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #8805

I agree, foolish to turn it down but it looks like he has a plan to sell it in q1 2014.

So maybe fb won't change their tune and offer more.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #8806
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
he also expects user base to rise as well. we will see if he's correct.

he's only looking at upside. he's not anticipating a sudden decrease in user base when ppl get bored of it or when the next big fad app comes out.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #8807

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Clearly a sign the end is nigh! (If there ever was one :s)
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #8808

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
Reminds me of GRPN turning down GOOG's offer except this is even worst
They're still worth 7B to date
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #8809

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:

he's only looking at upside. he's not anticipating a sudden decrease in user base when ppl get bored of it or when the next big fad app comes out.
Don't see how they can monetize it without losing users :S
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #8810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
They're still worth 7B to date
Market Cap, yeah, but really, I think most people know Groupon is dying. The deal fad is over - granted..tell that to newly IPO Zulily (up 70% from their IPO price and making money)

Businesses more often lose than win. They get the cheap customers who will post negative reviews. As a result, they further lose business from online reviews only showing the negative, due to the flood of cheap business.

The take from Groupon is pretty high, so doubt many businesses would continue with Groupon.

Declining participation (Maybe not this quarter but I say it happens), declining data feed, I say will all lead to Groupon becoming bankrupt or a really cheap buyout.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-15-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #8811

lxv closed at .465 today.

I averaged up earlier this morning so -___-

Announced a non-brokered pp for 3.045 million, last week. That's pretty incredible, given this tough financing environment.

Who knows, it could be someone big that wants the shares.

I know it's a crazy thought but Justin Bieber did invest 1.1 mill in that crummy instagram app rip off.

The run is a bit ahead of itself, so no idea where it goes from here. I've seen these momentum plays before and it goes both ways, the tide can rip you out under your feet or bring you to insane highs.

Tread lightly....

On a side note, I stumbled upon what appears to be the only 3D stock on the venture, Any.V, and crazy, from July to current, it went from 50cents to a close of around 6 dollars today. Tech bubble you hear?

Last edited by subordinate; 11-18-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #8812
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 1,196 Posts
Quote:

It really surprises me how companies value new ideas nowadays.

If you look back, Youtube was sold for 1.6B. And it already had a user base much larger than Snapchat or Groupon when it was acquired.

This is it... I'm gonna quit my day job and do start-ups from now on... you make one thing work and you are set for life (and probably more)

Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #8813

Zen.v.

Posted a couple weeks around 2.30-2.40.
@3.42 now. They brought on board a big honcho from Conoco (produces syn graphite from coking).
CEO presenting last at the graphite show in N.Y next week. First 43-101 to be released soon, before end of Nov.
This isn't your average tsx venture play.

Earlier last week, goof'ed and sold some thinking I could get back in lower. That didn't pan out.

Could see 4 dollars by end of this week.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #8814
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...vate-placement
http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...through-shares

These guys must be feeling very proud of themselves now.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #8815

The verdict isn't fully out yet on Pretium.
But boy...everyone knows there's gold there. But how much?
Eh these big boys could stand to lose millions. They f with us retail too much. High frequency trading machines and gizmos and algos and crap. Good riddance.

lxv @ .61..... This stock is in the mania phase now I'd say. Where it goes from here could be retarded. I thought the PP @ .35 cents would hold it back as I sold but guessed very wrong. PP isn't closed yet and it's 9 cent's from a double from the pp. When the pp closes, I suspect a couple of new signee's to be released as well. Then the full retardation starts and buckle up.

Just launched their mobio insider today, non official - http://www.mobioinsider.com/iamjessicagomes
Eh, Looks ok after a second look.

CCB.V, an area play of Zenyatta. Very close to infrastructure, and their graphite is high grade as well. Definitely not the same tonnage as Zenyatta but a good 2nd place. Beat's the other area plays.
Will start a drilling campaign very soon, I expect this one to be in the mid .20's soon. I'm in at average of .18

On a side note...never did get that PM from Mr. Money on why Pretium is a great buy. I'm generally interested, still am in maybe nabbing some shares.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-20-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #8816
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
The verdict isn't fully out yet on Pretium.
But boy...everyone knows there's gold there. But how much?
Eh these big boys could stand to lose millions. They f with us retail too much. High frequency trading machines and gizmos and algos and crap. Good riddance.

lxv @ .61..... This stock is in the mania phase now I'd say. Where it goes from here could be retarded. I thought the PP @ .35 cents would hold it back as I sold but guessed very wrong. PP isn't closed yet and it's 9 cent's from a double from the pp. When the pp closes, I suspect a couple of new signee's to be released as well. Then the full retardation starts and buckle up.

Just launched their mobio insider today, non official - Mobio INsider
Eh, Looks ok after a second look.

CCB.V, an area play of Zenyatta. Very close to infrastructure, and their graphite is high grade as well. Definitely not the same tonnage as Zenyatta but a good 2nd place. Beat's the other area plays.
Will start a drilling campaign very soon, I expect this one to be in the mid .20's soon. I'm in at average of .18

On a side note...never did get that PM from Mr. Money on why Pretium is a great buy. I'm generally interested, still am in maybe nabbing some shares.
Gold and the outlook for precious metals in the next few months to years look terrible at the moment. what makes you want to buy any gold mining stocks? and on top of all that we're coming up on tax loss selling season.
leilomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #8817

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilomo View Post
Gold and the outlook for precious metals in the next few months to years look terrible at the moment. what makes you want to buy any gold mining stocks? and on top of all that we're coming up on tax loss selling season.
The chart of Pretium says it all. Its at what? 2.90? From 8 dollars in less than 2 months?

All because of Gold sentiment and Strathcona. Everything is in cycles, so yeah gold isn't best at the moment, but that's usually when it's smart to get in.

If strathcona is wrong, I wouldn't be surprised at a buyout too. Consolidation in this industry is a given. Tax loss season is already happening, since you can't repurchase within 30 days or lose on the benefit.

Edit; I never said I want to buy gold mining stocks. I said Pretium. Pretium is where it is because of so much unknown, so risk is being factored in. The break of 3 dollars was pretty bad. Psychologically, since it never visited 3 dollars and it broke after 3rd attempt.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #8818
I STILL don't get it

True enough that the time to buy is when everyone isnt but if one had said that when it was $4, $6, $8 how many percent would you be down already. Point is to wait for a reversal before jumping in. It could keep dropping, who knows. Take it from someone that's learned the hard way...dont be a hero.

just my 0.02
Posted via RS Mobile
leilomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #8819

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilomo View Post
True enough that the time to buy is when everyone isnt but if one had said that when it was $4, $6, $8 how many percent would you be down already. Point is to wait for a reversal before jumping in. It could keep dropping, who knows. Take it from someone that's learned the hard way...dont be a hero.

just my 0.02
Posted via RS Mobile
Definitely. Never catches a falling knife. I also learned that in my early years.

The weekly chart says it all
Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #8820

Well on that note.....PVG flies up 80% on good news. It still doesn't tell the entire story though, so I would bet that this gives a chance for many bag holders to sell.

Zenyatta, looks like shorts covering at 3, so should be a very good next week.

Lxv...if it drops to .60 and below, it'd be a nice pick up, since next week should be filled week with news, before official launch. With the momentum/strength on this, it would be no surprise if it hits 1.00 + near launch. But after? I have a feeling it'd tank 25% of its value shortly after.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #8821

Typical scummy venture stocks...

NFK/DXE lose about 40% each before stock is halted.... Drilling encountered problems and suspended.
I'm not in it.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #8822
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,274 Times in 586 Posts
DAT PVG Rally!
Posted via RS Mobile
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #8823

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
DAT PVG Rally!
Posted via RS Mobile
Lucky you, did you buy in at 3?
Old 11-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #8824
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,274 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Lucky you, did you buy in at 3?
No.. LOL

I think my weighted-average is about 4.55~ but I didn't care about Mr. Money's "insider" information. I wanted to buy PVG for awhile now.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #8825

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
No.. LOL

I think my weighted-average is about 4.55~ but I didn't care about Mr. Money's "insider" information. I wanted to buy PVG for awhile now.
Lol, guess that's why I didn't get the memo.
Nice, so you're up a bit. But you've probably seen these situations before, where it bounces up so the big boys can get out.

It could be the case, or PVG actually has the goods. The next couple of weeks will tell if the big boys are slowly leaving Pretium.

Next results are in Q1 I believe. Even then, PVG need's to do another financing soon that's if they can get enough to finance the mine with gold prices at where it is.

Buy out maybe?