REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #951
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Failed 83 Times in 18 Posts
^ Nice earning since you've had it at 1cent
Advertisement

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #952
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I edited my post with a chart and some shit i drew on there lol.

T/A for life.

edit: they just put out a PR 10 mins ago saying they are gonna acquire an oil refinery lol.. can you say gap up monday morning.

Last edited by bossxx; 06-27-2008 at 01:21 PM.
bossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #953
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 57 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redliine View Post
I edited my post with a chart and some shit i drew on there lol.

T/A for life.

edit: they just put out a PR 10 mins ago saying they are gonna acquire an oil refinery lol.. can you say gap up monday morning.
I think that is the reason why it broke the resistence.

Grats again
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #954

GCOG on heavy radar here as well for mon-tues for all you penny guys.

weeeee
Old 06-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #955
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 46 Times in 23 Posts
Wow, the penny traders out there. Balls of steel I tell ya.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:23 PM   #956

Its brains of steel lol duurrr hahah jk..

Man you can't beat the emotion involved in penny stocks. It makes life exciting.. for example, some days I feel like I am the most clever trader.. I gracefully snag a chunk of shares and then drop them off a week later when the excitement nears its ending.. on the contrary there are days when I am like wow buddy why didn't you just spend that money on

HOOKERS AND BLOW

lol
Old 06-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #957
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

TA really helps...

Last edited by McDick; 06-27-2008 at 09:36 PM.
McDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 PM   #958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mananetwork View Post
GG just hit it's record high today. Still a good place to invest or time to cash out?
If you have shares in GG, cash in half of it.
Just buy back when you see a pullback, and properly will. It was $40.20 two days ago. Up $6 in two days, too much too quickly.

Gold and GG broke their trading range today, and it will be interesting to see what happen next. Also, DOW is hitting new low and it looks bearish right now. If it go lower than 11,000 mark, the next resistance will be in the lower 10,000. GG can hit $50 easily on any negative news in US financial system.

This summer will be exciting for oil and gold since we will soon find out how shitty US financial and car manufactures really is.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #959
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
haha why don't you guys go into futures, it's high risk short term
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #960
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by redliine View Post
FRGY broke resistance today like I guessed.. up over 50%.

Made around $1,500 today

Wow ugly looking chart! Glad you found the bottom reversal...
I find that TA on OTCBB/PINKS most of the time is useless because the company can just dilute more outstanding shares without any press release. So they'll keep diluting until 0.0001/share.

But the great news is that if you find the right 1.. cha ching 100+% return in 1 day.
You heard of investorshub.com pretty much most penny stocks are on there. Some forum where at least some of the info is true. Better then nothing.

Last edited by fuzzy*panda; 06-28-2008 at 11:32 AM.
fuzzy*panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #961

I am an iHub whore haha

How is this chart ugly? It is textbook charting. That chart is pure money.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #962
I am Hook'd on RS

RSI is not oversold 0
It is triple bottom but usually triple bottoms are less accurate than double bottom for reversal patterns

Looking at IHUB cause I wasn't checking the Level 2 at that time..
It seems to be active and that you don't need alot of $$ to take out 1 level. Then the users just spam "print, new high, etc"
http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=F...urce=undefined

I use to be a dirty OTCBB/PINKSHEET daytrader where I would find +25% gainers just be the last guy to take out the level and just hope it continues. I'd spam IHUB, and shakerz yahoo forum. If not sell at bid.

The Good:
MACD trend up
Files 10Q fin. statements, share increase+outstanding docs to SEC
fuzzy*panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:37 AM   #963

FRGY up 75%.. 7 mins into the day.

Buckle up kids and keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

edit: 85% now, 3's almost gone.

Last edited by bossxx; 06-30-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 AM   #964
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDick View Post
If you have shares in GG, cash in half of it.
Just buy back when you see a pullback, and properly will. It was $40.20 two days ago. Up $6 in two days, too much too quickly.

Gold and GG broke their trading range today, and it will be interesting to see what happen next. Also, DOW is hitting new low and it looks bearish right now. If it go lower than 11,000 mark, the next resistance will be in the lower 10,000. GG can hit $50 easily on any negative news in US financial system.

This summer will be exciting for oil and gold since we will soon find out how shitty US financial and car manufactures really is.
ya bro the stars are lining up for gold and oil. this summer is going to be really good. stay long my friends...screw everyone that complains about high gas prices they can walk for all i care. i cant wait for gasoline to hit $2.00 a litre in canada. cant wait for israel to attack iran with mini nukes. cant wait for all those baby boomers to look at their latest monthly mutual fund statements all surprised.just fuck this world up already so we can make more money lol
Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #965

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcls View Post
ya bro the stars are lining up for gold and oil. this summer is going to be really good. stay long my friends...screw everyone that complains about high gas prices they can walk for all i care. i cant wait for gasoline to hit $2.00 a litre in canada. cant wait for israel to attack iran with mini nukes. cant wait for all those baby boomers to look at their latest monthly mutual fund statements all surprised.just fuck this world up already so we can make more money lol

Exactly.. I am shorting everything right now such as car manufactures (F (Ford) and GM (General Motors)), Financial Banking (C (Citi), WM (Washington Mutual), LEH (Lehman Brothers))... Shorting stocks such as AAPL (Apple), LVS (Las Vegas Sands), WYNN, YHOO (Yahoo)... however, I am adding to my position on MA (Mastercard) since we all use Credit Card EVERYDAY and much more frequent than before. One very positive thing about Mastercard (MA) is that they only collect transaction fees, and not responsible for any credit card debts.

I am thinking that Apple's 3G iphone will not sell as well as expected. Also, Apple stopped selling their iphones for over 2 months, that's a lot of lost revenue. OUCH!

I am buying into oil related stocks (COP, MDR, FLR) and Gold related stocks (GG and ABX).

Loving gold lately.. Dow is hitting new lows everyday and gold price just broke their 3 months trading range (currently at $945)... very positive for gold right now.

Europe is planning to hike interest rate this Thursday due to high inflation. It will be very interesting to see how oil and gold play out.

I can't wait the oil hits $2.00+/litre in Vancouver. I will be laughing to the gas station. The more fuxked up the US market is, the more money I make. US market is not in recovering mode anytime soon.
I don't know why people complain about gas prices. Just buy some oil-related stocks to hedge the rising gas prices. Simple solution, just like what all airlines does over the past couple years. Or dump their SUV and buy something smaller! If you can't pay, then don't drive.

Last edited by McDick; 07-01-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #966
SiRVs up, dude

Failed 31 Times in 17 Posts
another newbie question but is gold going to ever 'split' in half?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #967

^

er..

what?

It just happened.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR_vfung View Post
another newbie question but is gold going to ever 'split' in half?
no! the price/unit is at $USD/t oz.
You can't say $$$/half oz.

The gold will keep rising in the very long term (10-50 years). Gold might be $10,000/oz in another 50 years or so... but at that time, a typical apartment might cost $3-5 million... it's inflation. $1 now isn't gonna worth $1 fifty years from now.

This apply to stock market as well. The overall picture for stock market is UP! US market might be heading downhill right now, but 3-5 years from now, 2008 is just a correction to the entire stock market.

Last edited by McDick; 07-01-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #969
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
Can anyone recommend a few books that specialize in the playing the market to get me started? I am tired of my my mutual funds losing value.

I just spent a lot of time reading the majority of this thread and I have a lot to learn.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #970
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcls View Post
what's your oil play atm? cos-un.to?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #971
I STILL don't get it

none i mostly play oil etfs. prob a good time to raise some cash. steel and coal stocks taking hit
Old 07-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #972
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

crappy day if you aren't on the short side or putting.. everything took a hit especially agri/coal.. wonder what tomorrow will bring with job data, ECB rate decision, long weekend..
Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobysnax View Post
crappy day if you aren't on the short side or putting.. everything took a hit especially agri/coal.. wonder what tomorrow will bring with job data, ECB rate decision, long weekend..
I am ultrashort and VERY HAPPY

It just happened.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #974

Just a heads up, tomorrow is only a half day for the NYSE..

Happy trading
Old 07-02-2008, 10:37 PM   #975
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDick View Post
Exactly.. I am shorting everything right now such as car manufactures (F (Ford) and GM (General Motors)), Financial Banking (C (Citi), WM (Washington Mutual), LEH (Lehman Brothers))... Shorting stocks such as AAPL (Apple), LVS (Las Vegas Sands), WYNN, YHOO (Yahoo)... however, I am adding to my position on MA (Mastercard) since we all use Credit Card EVERYDAY and much more frequent than before. One very positive thing about Mastercard (MA) is that they only collect transaction fees, and not responsible for any credit card debts.

I am thinking that Apple's 3G iphone will not sell as well as expected. Also, Apple stopped selling their iphones for over 2 months, that's a lot of lost revenue. OUCH!

I am buying into oil related stocks (COP, MDR, FLR) and Gold related stocks (GG and ABX).

Loving gold lately.. Dow is hitting new lows everyday and gold price just broke their 3 months trading range (currently at $945)... very positive for gold right now.

Europe is planning to hike interest rate this Thursday due to high inflation. It will be very interesting to see how oil and gold play out.

I can't wait the oil hits $2.00+/litre in Vancouver. I will be laughing to the gas station. The more fuxked up the US market is, the more money I make. US market is not in recovering mode anytime soon.
I don't know why people complain about gas prices. Just buy some oil-related stocks to hedge the rising gas prices. Simple solution, just like what all airlines does over the past couple years. Or dump their SUV and buy something smaller! If you can't pay, then don't drive.
I agree with all the haters on rising gas prices. . .

if anyone ever took any geography or anything related. they would know that its a non-renewable resource and its fucking up our planet. its better that it goes up so the market must create new products like more fuel efficient cars and stuff.

if your driving a benz, bmw of huge SUV - you have no right to complain about gas. . .
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote