REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #2101
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interactive Brokers, a few people here use that online broker.
can trade asia and NA stocks
Advertisement
604_Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #2102
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Goog announced release of free turn-by-turn gps. Garmin and other gps companies took a hit. Grmn went 15% down. And know what's funny? Google didn't move up! In fact, I give it 1-2 days before it starts to fall like the other stocks. AMD, IBM, Dell has given me a nice 7% return so far.

Anyone bearish with me?
Scudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #2103
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
I heard the US Treasury is going to hold something like the biggest bond auction in history this week. Normally, the US dollar mysteriously rallies ahead of those sales, and stocks get sold off, as does gold. Thus, we are seeing a flight to cash and the stronger US Dollar for this reason.

After all, the bonds needs to be spit-shined up and polished for any buyers who are silly enough to consider them...
British Quid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #2104
I STILL don't get it

lol just as the fed announces their ending bond purchase program. rates are going up!
TBT should be a buy and hold now. Reserve bank of Australia increased their rate, norway, i think isreal too. BoJ and the Fed should be the last ones to increase rates im guessing. We are finally in a rising rate cycle. The wind is in sails of the bulls for sure.

any options players wanna join me in CVX 80 nov calls? earnings play just a spec play not much at stake so i dont lose or win much
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #2105
Banned (ABWS)

What do you guys think of the LLL.TO stock? Lululemon
g35x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #2106

Any thoughts on TSE income funds? Such as (KEG.UN). They pay out 1% in dividends every month
soymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #2107
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
NDR-V, a play I am looking at. Heavily undervalued to a similar play near them called DRI-V.

NDR-V is around the area of the Aurelian discovery (later acquired by Kinross).

NDR-V = 4.3 mill market cap with 33 million o/s shares.

DRI-V = 44 mill market cap with about 52 million o/s shares.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #2108

With kinross finally getting their long awaited permits to drill again on their Fruta Del Norte Property in Ecuador (About 13.5 mill ozs of Gold), Looks for the other area plays to get their permits as well.

In general, these area plays should fair well.

You have: [As of November 11th]

*SRL-V at $1.00/share
*EC-V at $0.74/share
*DRI-V at $0.87/share
*NDR-V at $0.14/share
*CGP-V at $0.17/share

IMO, EC-V (Ecometals) is the best risk/reward play, being adjacent to the discovery hole, and drills ready on the permits approval.

2nd - SRL-V, Because they are further from the discovery hole, but past drilling has come up with some solid results. And drills are ready upon permits approval.

Then you have DRI, NDR, CGP, which are really just spec plays that will follow the movement and activity of Kinross/EC/SRL results and price movement.

If you're looking for the quickest double from here, I would put my money on NDR.

The other big risk factor: Market Turbulance.
The markets tumble again as people realize the economy hasn't really all that improved.

Last edited by subordinate; 11-26-2009 at 01:02 AM. Reason: NDR was at 14cents on that date I posted
Old 11-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #2109
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

tmi blowout earnings this afternoon and up 20% AH today. Watch for some huge action this week, im long at 9.20.
l4d2_sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM   #2110
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 8 Times in 8 Posts
bought air canada shares (AC.B) at 1.05
31% gain so far
I think 4Q and 1Q results will be good due to the olympics
and then sell sell sell!

oh and anyone using a blackberry know how to log into questrade?
no_clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #2111
I STILL don't get it

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
looks like the market is turning again for a little bear run. anyone think FAZ might be a good short term play? just got a couple hundy shares...
leilomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #2112
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 190 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilomo View Post
looks like the market is turning again for a little bear run. anyone think FAZ might be a good short term play? just got a couple hundy shares...
be prepared for one hell of a ride.
it can rip you another asshole anytime =)
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #2113
Banned (ABWS)

What do you guys think of ECA.TO? Went down to $56.60 today..seems like a good time to get in.. Opinions any1?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #2114
The Shopaholic

Failed 6 Times in 5 Posts
Anyone know a good Blackberry app thing to allow trading through the BB? Been looking for a decent reliable one lolz. I can't have the laptop with me everywhere at school but BB can let me do that

Starting to jump onto the currency trading soon. I'm hoping the olympics will do something positive lolz

<3My Feedback (5-0-0)
Yushimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #2115
I don't get it

Quote:
im still holding mine at $27bucks...i just wanna breakeven and get out of that stock but that would take the big correction everyone been waiting for

faz sucks...tza is so much better.
1.7El_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #2116

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi View Post
Anyone know a good Blackberry app thing to allow trading through the BB? Been looking for a decent reliable one lolz. I can't have the laptop with me everywhere at school but BB can let me do that

Starting to jump onto the currency trading soon. I'm hoping the olympics will do something positive lolz
TOS has a mobile equities trading, but for forex and futures, you have to be a US residence to use their service. Oanda allows for forex mobile trading.

I'm actually currently looking into this. I switched to the bold from the Iphone and am now regretting it. Don't get me wrong, I love the BB and the BBM features, but their remote desktop app is nothing like the Iphone counter part. I was thinking of looking at charts and stuff through my phone on my desktop and make trades that way.
Scudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #2117
The Shopaholic

Failed 6 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudz View Post
TOS has a mobile equities trading, but for forex and futures, you have to be a US residence to use their service. Oanda allows for forex mobile trading.

I'm actually currently looking into this. I switched to the bold from the Iphone and am now regretting it. Don't get me wrong, I love the BB and the BBM features, but their remote desktop app is nothing like the Iphone counter part. I was thinking of looking at charts and stuff through my phone on my desktop and make trades that way.
TradeFreedom? I heard that's not too bad either. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm switching between the iPhone and BB, depending if I find a good app, I might just stick to the BB and use the iPhone as an iTouch or...have two lines..again lolz.

<3My Feedback (5-0-0)
Yushimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #2118
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 8 Times in 8 Posts
tradefreedom sucks from my experience
sent them a cheque, 2 weeks later they still haven deposited it
so I called, and was put on hold forever
so I just did a stop payment and went to questrade
questrade is very good, but I cant log in on a blackberry ugh
no_clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #2119
I STILL don't get it

where does everybody think natural gas will go in the short term. prices have taken a beating this year, and with the cold weather just around the corner inventories should finally drop a little thus shoring up the natural gas price? comments? Personally, i think it is a good time to buy some now...possibly HNU?
Old 11-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #2120

Natural Gas - Companies are always finding more of it. Even now, companies have found huge reserves in Canada/USA alone, in the form of shale gas.

The natural gas supplies are maxed out already.

You are going to have to expect a really long winter to impact the gas reserves.

Why buy Natural gas when Gold and other commodities are doing great.

Why beat the trend? Follow it.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #2121
Banned (ABWS)

In terms of Gold.. I was looking at ABX.TO and K.TO mainly, kinda feel like its a bit too high now already.. ANy opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Natural Gas - Companies are always finding more of it. Even now, companies have found huge reserves in Canada/USA alone, in the form of shale gas.

The natural gas supplies are maxed out already.

You are going to have to expect a really long winter to impact the gas reserves.

Why buy Natural gas when Gold and other commodities are doing great.

Why beat the trend? Follow it.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #2122

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35x View Post
In terms of Gold.. I was looking at ABX.TO and K.TO mainly, kinda feel like its a bit too high now already.. ANy opinions?
I don't know too much about those companies, only a bit about K.TO. Kinross has some room to go as Ecuador gave them a permit for mining again, allowing them to resume drilling at the huge high grade gold discovery.

Regardless, all large cap gold stocks would go up if the underlying metal, gold, continues its hot streak, as profit margins will only be greater.

Will it continue to go up? or Down? Your guess is as good as mine.

But 2cents, Gold is in historical highs, caused by what? The devaluing of the greenback, and countries buying gold for their reserves. One thing is for sure, USA won't let their dollar devalue too much.

All and All, Everything in this market is volatile, analysts are saying the markets are overvalued, etc, blah, blah.

If this position in either ABX/K.TO is a Long position, then I say take a small position and add on dips. If this is a short-term investment, don't bother. IMO
Old 11-26-2009, 01:06 AM   #2123

Heads up on Coalcorp Mining, looks like they are finally getting their Sh#@ together.

Although it has more than doubled, and warrants (all 3 classes I think), I still believe their is further upside potential.

I will probably take a position in it soon. Most likely in the warrants, class B, expiry in 2013 with a exercise price of $2.50.

Current Prices:

CCJ.TO - 0.345
CCJ.WT/B.TO - 0.045
Old 11-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #2124
I STILL don't get it

ok, so with this whole deal with dubai world not being able to pay back their loans, what does everybody think will happen in the market tomorrow? thinking about buying some more faz and holding for a couple days until the dust settles. also, seems like natural gas prices are making a turn for the better
Old 11-26-2009, 05:50 PM   #2125

Quote:
ok, so with this whole deal with dubai world not being able to pay back their loans, what does everybody think will happen in the market tomorrow? thinking about buying some more faz and holding for a couple days until the dust settles. also, seems like natural gas prices are making a turn for the better
+1, that the Dubai news have probably given investors the realization that the economy hasn't really all that improved.

Just remember, prices fall faster than they rise.

And yeah, I picked up some financial bear ETF's as well today.

-------------

Dow Futures down just over 204 points

and Asian Indices in a sea of red.