REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #2151
I don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
i pulled out of HNU yesterday morning...missed out on today's impressive gain.

Im in dryship and all week long i was trying to hop over to exm when they were 30-50cents apart, now exm is like 70cents apart. even though im still in the profit with drys, exm looks like a better bet.

Dont really have a detailed assessment on these company so cant say...if the drybulk sector takes off, maybe DRYS will take back the lead.. as long as the CEO stays away from the "shares offering button".
Advertisement
1.7El_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:14 AM   #2152
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 9 Times in 1 Post
^ might be a pull back today in the shippers...

Cant wait to load up...
Hollyshiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #2153
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 9 Times in 1 Post
base on ta, exm in currently on a down trend. its trading below its 200 moving average. Base on Rsi, it just touch the over bought zone. RSI is pointing downards, indicating that its in a sell off mode. Base on moving averages, the 10 day avg is about to cross the 30 days moving avg. with todays candles stick its looking like its forming a doji, suggesting a short term reversal. tomorrow could be a sell off ...

but base on fundamentals, exm is still selling below share holders equity value.. selling at 565 million..

i would wait for the indicators to tell me its on the next uptrend then load up n back up the truck for mid tbelow 6.5 if it gets there...

disclosure, im long exm till at least end of this year at least

Best regards,

Hollyshitt....
Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 AM   #2154
I don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
if we do get some sort of recovery this year...expect these shipping company to fly off the roof..just today we saw people switching positions over to the financial sector...maybe one day they will switch over to the shipping sector.
1.7El_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #2155
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
i think theres better places to put ur money besides DRYS
Jackwimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #2156
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
Failed 877 Times in 94 Posts
haha looks like AIG is in a little bit of hot water.. Timothy Geithner got some explaining to do.

Last edited by StaxBundlez; 01-08-2010 at 09:37 AM.
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #2157
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
NDR - Closed today at 0.255.

Still holding strong, heavily undervalued to DRI-V

------------

Heads up on these shale gas plays, looks like its heating up again.

i.e

CQM-V
CEX-V
ATI-V
PEA-V
GMR-V

Et Cetera
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #2158
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 9 Times in 1 Post
hi all, funny how i go on the internet and askes for advice but i realize i do find alot of intellects here on RS so wth, but here is the scenarios

im about to make an acquisition, a controlling interest in a privately held (non-publicly traded) logistics company over here in hk... i would value some on ur insights here as to what kind of little in n outs i should watch out for, before i make this acquisition...

some pointers, opinions would really be appreciated..

Best regards,

Hollyshiit
Old 01-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #2159
RS controls my life!

Failed 5 Times in 5 Posts
- get audited statments
- hire your own auditors to look through the books
Wetordry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #2160
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 9 Times in 1 Post
noted with thx dy..
i will hire auditors do so, but when i do get the statements, i will cc a copy to u, will u help me look thur them as well?

Best regards,
Hollyshiit
Old 01-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #2161
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
Hollyshiit
I think if you have to ask those questions, then you're not ready to make that acquisition.
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #2162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyshiit View Post
noted with thx dy..
i will hire auditors do so, but when i do get the statements, i will cc a copy to u, will u help me look thur them as well?

Best regards,
Hollyshiit
................??

Why have WetorDry look them over?

You are having paid auditors a couple of grand to look over the company's financial statements, these guys get paid to do this; they are knowledgeable in this area.

Hell, Aside from seeing if the financial are accurate and complete, you have to see the cash flow statement. Any viable business needs to be pulling in a positive cash flow from their operating side.

How much debt to these guys have? If you are taking a controlling interest, then you might be on the hook for these debts.

Any contractual obligations? Tied to the debt the company may have?

We know this is privately-held, but is it a partnership? Incorporated?

If they have an AR account, whats their turnover, and compare it to the standard in the Industry.

What I am trying to get at is, there are tons of areas you have to look at.

And looking for answers here is good insight and all, but really, this should be left to the professionals: auditors, accountants, and lawyers.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #2163
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 9 Times in 1 Post
Thx for ur advice...

i asked wetordry to look over them because he is childhood friend of mine and a ca..

btw what is an AR account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
................??

Why have WetorDry look them over?

You are having paid auditors a couple of grand to look over the company's financial statements, these guys get paid to do this; they are knowledgeable in this area.

Hell, Aside from seeing if the financial are accurate and complete, you have to see the cash flow statement. Any viable business needs to be pulling in a positive cash flow from their operating side.

How much debt to these guys have? If you are taking a controlling interest, then you might be on the hook for these debts.

Any contractual obligations? Tied to the debt the company may have?

We know this is privately-held, but is it a partnership? Incorporated?

If they have an AR account, whats their turnover, and compare it to the standard in the Industry.

What I am trying to get at is, there are tons of areas you have to look at.

And looking for answers here is good insight and all, but really, this should be left to the professionals: auditors, accountants, and lawyers.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #2164

lol, didn't know it was your friend, and on top of that, a CA.

AR = Account Receivable account
Old 01-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #2165

As I mentioned in previous posts,

Be on the watch for CQM-V (@ $1.00/share): A shale gas play in the prolific Utica Shale region.

Why the reward/risk is VERY favourable.

- A report from consultants on how much gas is on their property is in the process, this will be used as a direct comparison to a similar report done by the same company on Questerre Energy. (And, in terms of net acres, CQM is already at a discount )

- J.Venture with Talisman and QEC (CQM has a 3.75 working interest and a .75% royalty) on a well that is in the drilling process, ETA is in about 13 more days.
- if this horizontal well is successful, watch out.

- Insider ownership is over 35%, so you have a tight float, so price movement can be volatile (Good and bad, depends how one sees it)
Old 01-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #2166
I STILL don't get it

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
seeing at how it's gone up around 100% in the last 5-6 trading days or so, do you think people will start taking profit on this stock or will this keep going up in the mean time?

think it'll dip before it goes up again? waht are your thoughts for a near term buy?
leilomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #2167

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilomo View Post
seeing at how it's gone up around 100% in the last 5-6 trading days or so, do you think people will start taking profit on this stock or will this keep going up in the mean time?

think it'll dip before it goes up again? waht are your thoughts for a near term buy?

It could possibly fill the gap left when it gapped up at 90cents. So there is a chance the stock could retrace to 90cents. (keep in mind it also gapped up twice already, and did not retrace)

Keep in mind insiders hold a very large chunk of this stock.

And some key information (the consultant report and the #2 horizontal well) will be released near the end of January (projected).

I think the current prices of a dollar is a good buy.

I saw what happen during the initial Utica shale discovery, all the plays in the area moved up to Considerable levels, it was insanity.

--------

I just think, at current prices, CQM is a good reward/risk situation. It won't be a dried turd for months.

If the horizontal well is proven successful...this thing will move fast. Then again, it can also go down.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #2168
I STILL don't get it

thanks. i'll keep my eyes on this stock and see what it does in the next few days.

on another note, what are everybody's thoughts on the financial sector? obama's planning on taxing the banks now, but with earnings coming up (expected to beat...hopefully) i have no idea which way these stocks are going to go. i've loaded up pretty heavy on citi and bank of america. i know in a 1-2 year time frame i'll be able to get some good gains, but i dont know if i have the guts to hold it through this time of volatility.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #2169
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
thanks. i'll keep my eyes on this stock and see what it does in the next few days.

on another note, what are everybody's thoughts on the financial sector? obama's planning on taxing the banks now, but with earnings coming up (expected to beat...hopefully) i have no idea which way these stocks are going to go. i've loaded up pretty heavy on citi and bank of america. i know in a 1-2 year time frame i'll be able to get some good gains, but i dont know if i have the guts to hold it through this time of volatility.
I think Citi will tank when they release their quarterly report jan 19 because of the lackluster performance of their citi holdings group. Anyone see that 9% drop of Electronic Arts? they got owned. Wonder if I should buy in.....
Anyone know of upcoming good EA games besides mass effect? lol
no_clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #2170

Quote:

Heads up, CQM is only holding steady at a Dollar/share right now only because of that Iceberg seller by Anon. (Questerre is up 8%) and CQM is slightly down.

I'm in. These cases are usually good times to buy a stock when an iceberg seller suddenly comes in to slow down the upward movement of a stock, and usually when it the Iceberg seller is out of shares, it'll move up strong. IMO
Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #2171

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Heads up, CQM is only holding steady at a Dollar/share right now only because of that Iceberg seller by Anon. (Questerre is up 8%) and CQM is slightly down.

I'm in. These cases are usually good times to buy a stock when an iceberg seller suddenly comes in to slow down the upward movement of a stock, and usually when it the Iceberg seller is out of shares, it'll move up strong. IMO
--------------

Edit: Spoke too soon, in a minute after I posted, National Bank took the iceberg seller down and it's up 15% now.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #2172
I STILL don't get it

whoa! good call on cqm, sub...

think it's time to take some profit off the table? watching these penny stocks for a while, it seems people usually take profit after a huge pop
Old 01-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #2173

Sometimes its good to not look at the chart, since it will only give a person further evidence that a pullback is probable. It's the fundamentals that matters, and upcoming events wouldn't hurt as well.

I still think at these prices, CQM will do great. One thing to consider is that, this will be a mover when news is good, or confirms the commerciability of the Utica shale, which many believe is (Forest Oil and Talisman (Multi-billion dollar companies) backs up the case).

I hate to give stock price predictions, because anything can happen, especially when its a small cap stock, but I wouldn't be surprised if this hit 2 dollars in a month. [It also does not hurt that the RSI and MACD are bullish on further upward movement from here, all we need really is volume to make it happen]

---------------------------

On a side note, NDR-V closed at .25cents (from the .17 cents mentioned a month and a half ago).

Last edited by subordinate; 01-14-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #2174
I STILL don't get it

anybody have shares in taseko mines? they just got their epa approval from the bc gov today and it popped up huge today in after hours. hopefully it carries over to the next trading day.

i'm thinking there will be some profit taking here, but after that, i think it'll be a good place to buy for the long term.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #2175

Quote:
anybody have shares in taseko mines? they just got their epa approval from the bc gov today and it popped up huge today in after hours. hopefully it carries over to the next trading day.

i'm thinking there will be some profit taking here, but after that, i think it'll be a good place to buy for the long term.

Nice gains by Taseko!

And a heads up, the Utica Shale plays are going to be heating up with news coming out from some of the area players on drilling results.

Here they are again;

QEC - $ 3.88/share
CQM - $ 1.15/share
JNX - $1.73/share
GMR - $ 0.60/share
PCQ - $ 0.35/share
ATI - $ 0.54/share

- The potential gas underneath these plays is tremendous. I wouldn't doubt that many big players are waiting to see the results of the drilling to start JV's, or Takeovers.

- Why I think any of the plays I listed above will go up in the next month? The odds of just one good drill result from any of the shale gas plays will ignite the entire area.