REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 02-20-2024, 02:03 PM   #4976
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,331 Times in 3,358 Posts
And a date complication ! This is by far my favourite chronograph in my collection

You guys try my code. Maybe it’s bespoke to the user or maybe you can just apply it everywhere.
Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 02:29 PM   #4977
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,940 Times in 8,260 Posts
Code doesn't work, signed up for newsletter.. I got 15% off

Edit: And they charge for shipping wtf

$105 I'd be on the edge of considering it... $120 is over that edge. Oh well
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 07:23 PM   #4978

They dont charge for shipping if you buy over 100 bucks

Old 02-20-2024, 07:29 PM   #4979

It's $1400 HKD minimum for free shipping, so $175 USD

Oh well it's fine. Times are tough anyway, can't be too tempted to buy stuff
Old 02-24-2024, 04:46 AM   #4980

That elevated quickly

This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2024, 03:26 PM   #4981

ruh oh! they gotz u nowz
Old 02-24-2024, 03:48 PM   #4982

Still would rather put that $110 towards something else.. maybe if they hit 30%

I do think it's a really cool pilot chrono for the price though, and I still can't get over the fact they put a 30 minute timer on it, making it actually useful. It's so rare to see that on a quartz chrono. Some Swiss quartz will do it, but almost never the Japanese ones (which sucks because many will want to use the Seiko Mecha-quartz). Believe me, I've been looking! When you get yours, can you find out what movement it uses?

I have actually been looking at vintage dress watches on auction sites.. It seems like you can get a really nice Universal Geneve for a good price. I really like their "Tank" style watch. If I pick one up I'll share here! Either grab a beater and try to restore it, or a bit more to get something wearable. Not like I wear anything other than t-shirts though lol

Beaters go for like $50-100.. as long as the movement works and dial is good, you could polish the crystal and case.. Movement should be serviceable. Some of them have micro rotors which is cool! Good condition ones are about $300 in Japan, twice that on ebay and chrono24

Also bought a new rubber strap for my Panerai.. The design is similar to the Rolex Oysterflex rubber strap. I think it looks great, and it's really high quality FKM rubber for the price ($10 on AliEx) with a nice curve to it. I hate flat rubber straps. I'd recommend it after a few days of use.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2024, 03:49 AM   #4983

So it’s been a few days since I ordered it and it’s still sitting unfulfilled. The hell is going on. They release a watch, do all the advertising, then can’t get it to people ?! Maybe they just mad that I was able to apply that 20% off coupon to it.
Old 02-25-2024, 10:46 PM   #4984
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,535 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

I have actually been looking at vintage dress watches on auction sites.. It seems like you can get a really nice Universal Geneve for a good price. I really like their "Tank" style watch. If I pick one up I'll share here!
Look into the UG Polerouter. It was one of Gerald Genta's first designs (Designer of the Royal Oak and PP Nautilus). There's always a beat up one to be found and restored. They hold their values extremely well and you can enjoy and sell it years later w/out losing much or anything at all

I recently sold this vintage Girard Perregaux for a not a whole of money as vintage GP can be had for a great price as well

rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 02:30 AM   #4985

Thanks, I find that when it comes to vintage watches, I like the tonneau shape the most. It kind of makes up for the absurd small size of old watches, which makes them more wearable today without making the wearer look like a LARPer (of course if you have small wrists you can pull it off more easily).

I've been looking at these old UGs (Genta designed this one as well btw) and some from Omega... Which btw you can find pretty good deals on for women's Omegas, but not really men's. Now I know why redditors are always showing off these 20mm vintage women's watches.. you can get a really nice one for cheap!

This is something I will probably take a long time to do, finding just the right watch and bargain.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM   #4986
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,054 Times in 3,939 Posts
Quote:
That elevated quickly

I hate how you have to do that with everything now. Make an account, add to cart, leave, give it a day or two, get a discount, THEN order. Just show me the price and let me buy it right away.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 09:57 AM   #4987
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,013 Times in 5,327 Posts
Yah it's like they don't realize people have emotions with their purchases... if I buy something and then 2 days later they offer me a 20% off coupon... I'm more likely to have bad feelings toward that brand or company that I overpaid rather than rush to buy something else again... and maybe not ever buy anything from them again if the taste in my mouth is bad enough.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 10:09 AM   #4988
Performance Moderator

I never posted when I got it... and it's already gone. I pre-ordered and received after a long wait a Ming 37.05 Series 2, my first really expensive watch purchase to celebrate not having a mortgage on my condo anymore... but while I really like how it looks, when I actually received it, it was one of those cases where I felt like I could not think of a single instance where it felt right to wear it? Not sure if that makes sense... but with the star motif it feels more playful than professional... and the light blue strap feels like it is a summer outfit piece, but then would you really wear a Ming for casual summer activities?? It just didn't vibe with me, so I put it up for sale and sold it to a gentleman in Switzerland who was quite happy to receive it.

Was an interesting experience overall. I will say that Ming needs to work on their presentation a little, spending that much on a watch should get you more than a kind of velvet covered cardboard box where, for some reason, the materials kind of smelled a bit like poop to me hahaha... I mean you open the package for this kind of a watch and the first thing you get is a wafting smell that resembles poop it's not the greatest first impression. I would have expected a leather or wooden box and a better certificate of authenticity/ownership stats.

BTW the lume was crazy on this thing:

Old 02-26-2024, 01:11 PM   #4989

Wow you're really not a sucker for heritage brands are you? Straight for a high end microbrand for your first expensive watch purchase

It's a neat design with the glowing stars, and the finishing looks incredible (that movement!), but I think I get it... If you drop like $5K on a watch, you should definitely feel more joy unpackaging it and then wearing it.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 01:14 PM   #4990

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I hate how you have to do that with everything now. Make an account, add to cart, leave, give it a day or two, get a discount, THEN order. Just show me the price and let me buy it right away.
I think 15% is the base discount, they just spam you about it.. And I think the 20% discount comes a few days after you sign up for the newsletter and don't use the first 15% one.

Yeah it is pretty tacky... Now I just want to wait and see if I'll get a bigger discount!

I am on quite a few mailing lists, and discounts are rare for most. Actually Marathon is doing 10% off right now just for 24 hours. That's as much as you'll get from them (code is SUNSET10 if you're interested.. ends 10 hours from now)
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 01:46 PM   #4991
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Wow you're really not a sucker for heritage brands are you? Straight for a high end microbrand for your first expensive watch purchase

It's a neat design with the glowing stars, and the finishing looks incredible (that movement!), but I think I get it... If you drop like $5K on a watch, you should definitely feel more joy unpackaging it and then wearing it.
The older 37.05 is about that price... this one was around $7,500

I sold it for $9k so there's definitely some demand for it... I priced it way under all the other ones for sale, they all wanted $13k+

A guy from India lowballed me $5k must have been one of Manic's cousins
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 01:52 PM   #4992

Ah, the elusive watch market capital gain!

Nice to get rid of a regrettable purchase and make a profit on it!

Are you looking at something else now? You could strike me as an Omega guy
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 03:09 PM   #4993
Performance Moderator

Yah I do like a few Omega's, I'm not sure... I had good feelings recently about this Omega Constellation Globemaster:

... but I definitely have my eye on a couple other micro brand things... I'm pretty breezy with what I like and don't like, doesn't often have all that much to do with the brand lol... I don't currently like any Rolex's tho... even a couple Frederique Constant watches are interesting too.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 03:25 PM   #4994
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,889 Times in 4,455 Posts
69style likes his watches like his women.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 03:41 PM   #4995
Performance Moderator

I don't get it, the watches aren't asian
Old 02-26-2024, 04:41 PM   #4996

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Yah I do like a few Omega's, I'm not sure... I had good feelings recently about this Omega Constellation Globemaster:

... but I definitely have my eye on a couple other micro brand things... I'm pretty breezy with what I like and don't like, doesn't often have all that much to do with the brand lol... I don't currently like any Rolex's tho... even a couple Frederique Constant watches are interesting too.
You have eclectic taste, I can't wait to see what you pick.

Me, I am still into the romantic notion of heritage and history. Even though I know it's stupid because there is very little connection between the most historic brands and their actual roots, and most of them just get bought by luxury conglomerates and made as cheaply as possible and sold for as expensive as possible. Some of them even try to erase or rewrite their history (this is why it's so easy to justify buying replicas lol)
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 04:46 PM   #4997
Performance Moderator

I was on this site the other day and thought it might be one you'd like:

https://glycine-watch.ch/history

Pretty reasonable prices in general!
Old 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM   #4998

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I was on this site the other day and thought it might be one you'd like:

https://glycine-watch.ch/history

Pretty reasonable prices in general!
Hey look another quartz chrono with 30 min counter! Thanks for adding that to the list. I see they use a Ronda movement (Swiss)
I was actually going to post a Glycine the other day to the guy who said he wanted an AM/PM watch, sine the Airman has a 24 hour counter

They are owned by Invicta, who are infamous for their Rolex replicas sold with a weird pricing structure.. They have ridiculously high MSRPs and sell them at like 80-90% discounts. But really if you want a Rolex looking watch for $60 with a decent Seiko movement, it's pretty decent. Even the watch you posted has an MSRP of 950 Swiss Francs (about $1000 USD) but it's a $200 watch. Invicta would be like $3500 sold for $60
Old 02-26-2024, 07:38 PM   #4999

ITS CUMMMINGG!!!! March 4th

This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2024, 11:03 PM   #5000
Performance Moderator

Just in time for my birthday!