REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 08-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #76
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 69 Posts
Please forgive me - I'm a photography noob. My wife's Nikon D90 is in desperate need of a cleaning, including the lenses. Is this something I need to take straight to Nikon, or do independent shops do cleanings?
Advertisement
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #77
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,294 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
^what's wrong with the lens?

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
^what's wrong with the lens?
let's just say the wife never uses the camera bag, we have two young children that drink apple juice out of bottles, and that they go to the beach often. They are slightly sticky and fine dust everywhere.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #79
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not aware of any good camera repair shops around Vancouver

If it's only the camera sensor that needs cleaning, you should be able to do this yourself if you pick up the supplies from the camera shop. If there's sticky fluid *inside* the lens and camera though, I think you'll be better off bringing it into Nikon in Richmond.

Nikon Richmond has been a miss for me. My back focus issue with my D5100 has been in and out of their location for the last month. Hopefully, it's fourth time lucky. If you have any issues with their repairs, you can bring it in for further servicing until you're satisfied.

Turnaround time for non-NPS members is about 3 weeks although if no spare parts are needed, it should be faster. They'll quote you a price that you can agree to before they proceed with the cleaning.
laqvrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #80
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 51 Posts
I am sure they are willing any Nikkors

Amazing restoration of old Nikon lenses | Nikon Rumors

Price list too! http://www.520pf.tw/520pf/RepairEngl...ce%20List.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
Anyone know if Nikon Canada are willing to service MF lenses?

Specifically 135/2.8 AI.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #81
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,141 Times in 1,294 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
^nikon HK was willing to do it for $50 CAD but with a 2 week waiting list for the 135/2.,8

brought a 50/1.4 ai to nikon ricemond and they quoted me $200 just to ship the lens to Ontario to see if they could fix it or not :fuckthathshit:

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #82

I talked to Nikon in Richmond yesterday. It's $50 taxes in to clean the sensor. To clean the rest of the body inside/out the price is $150. It may be worth getting them to give it a good once-over, this has been a great camera for us.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #83
Get Money, Get Paid

Thanked 1,264 Times in 262 Posts
Failed 55 Times in 19 Posts
Anyone with a D600 and has oil spots on the sensor? I'm shooting at higher apertures now and its bugging me. Anyone had success with Nikon Canada in Richmond cleaning the sensor under warranty? If so, what was your turnaround time?
Volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #84
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvoman View Post
Anyone with a D600 and has oil spots on the sensor? I'm shooting at higher apertures now and its bugging me. Anyone had success with Nikon Canada in Richmond cleaning the sensor under warranty? If so, what was your turnaround time?
Sorry I saw this a bit late but I met someone at a meetup who experienced this issue w/ his D600 while we talked shop. He said that Nikon Richmond totally replaced the shutter and the turnaround was about a week.

The week turnaround of course depends on the availability of parts. You'll need to wait longer if they have to order parts. You can ask them for a estimate of queue length too - I've found their estimates are pretty accurate.

Hope this helps.
laqvrai is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #85
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 65 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I desperately need to know about the best place to get my sensor cleaned. I have some persistent smudging so I need to take it to a professional. Reading all the negative reviews about Camtex and Vancam, I am kinda worried about poor workmanship and I don't have the time to send it to Toronto for warranty cleaning. Going to Europe in 2 weeks so I need this done asap. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #86
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Failed 62 Times in 28 Posts
I've heard it's pretty easy to do yourself if you get the right tools for the job. Never done it myself, but I know Senna has
Old 12-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #87
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Failed 62 Times in 24 Posts
Hey guys,

I might have possibly messed up my camera...

On my 6D, the mode dial fell off and I lost it so I ended up buying a new one off of eBay. Came with super glue and it seemed like a quick and easy install....

Turns out the super glue ended up in the middle as well and I can't press down on the button to change modes. Does anyone know if I can fix this?

Luckily it got stuck on manual as that's what I usually shoot on anyways but sometimes.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:09 PM   #88
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
Failed 13 Times in 3 Posts
I don’t need my camera fixed but i do need my lens fixed
The autofocus does not work on my Nikon 600mm f/4E FL VR
I’ve checked all settings, all teleconverters and all cameras that i own, it’s 100% the autofocus on the lens that is not functioning correctly. I suspect the contacts are somehow worn out or defective. Everything was working well then all of a sudden the autofocus stopped out of nowhere.

I haven’t done much research yet due to my current busy schedule but i’m not sure if i require 99.9% (if that even exists) isopropanol or some other type of special cleaning solution.
I only have 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol at home but a bit worried to try it on a very expensive lens before I decide to send it in for service back to Nikon.

Please help

Thank you kindly
-Mike

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #89
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
Failed 13 Times in 3 Posts
Cleaned the 600 with some isopropyl and the auto-focus still doesn't work.
I guess I have to call Nikon and send it in for service. Boo-urns!

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote