REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #1026
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 8 Times in 2 Posts
are u planning on learning how to "properly" use a SLR and spend the money on the lenses? if not i'd say get a slr-like or somethin in the range of the Canon G7
Advertisement

Other than that, sorry.. we all suck - there are no GOOD photographers here. We just like cameras. kthanksbye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
Personally speaking i would have cum inside her and then eat that pussy till she cums some more and then fucked her more
[HuCk DuCk] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 AM   #1027
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm looking to buy my first digital SLR camera. I've been looking into getting one for over a year now.

With the introduction of the new Canon XSI and Nikon D60, I'm a bit confused as to whether to buy these new ones (and pay the price premium) or get the soon-to-be discounted Canon Rebel XTI or Nikon D40x models.

I understand that lenses are really where it's all at but with that being said, I still want to get a good body.

I've read in this thread how a D40x feels off balance when you stick on a larger lens, is this the case also with a XTI? I guess the best bet is for me to go in there and try it out with different lenses. What's the opinion here on this issue?

Also, is the XSI or D60 substantially better than the models they are supposedly replacing? Or is it not worth that price premium. I've heard that the XSI will go for $799 USD body only w/ an $899 body+lens option.

Thanks!
wlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:04 AM   #1028
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Failed 61 Times in 19 Posts
XSi is not a DSLR.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #1029
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,275 Times in 303 Posts
Failed 9 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Senna4ever
XSi is not a DSLR.
How is it not a dslr? you know thats the new slightly updated 450D right?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #1030

Jason i don't know what you're talkin about. XSi is the 450D

Quote:
Canon has today announced a new compact digital SLR, the twelve megapixel EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi). On the surface a very similar camera to the EOS 400D, however there are a range of significant improvements; twelve megapixel CMOS sensor, 3.0" LCD monitor, Live View with both AF modes (contrast-detect and passive), 14-bit processing and RAW, spot metering, improved AF, 3.5 fps continuous shooting, a larger viewfinder, SD/SDHC storage and a new higher capacity battery. All in all a fairly impressive range of usage oriented improvements and refinements.

Other than that, sorry.. we all suck - there are no GOOD photographers here. We just like cameras. kthanksbye.
Quote:
Quote:
Personally speaking i would have cum inside her and then eat that pussy till she cums some more and then fucked her more
Old 02-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #1031
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Yep. The XSi is the 450D.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/rebel-xsi.htm
wlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #1032
VLS Moderator

Oops...I got it mixed up with the S3 IS.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #1033

wow totally diff class of cameras LOL

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #1034
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Failed 102 Times in 16 Posts
Olympus 1030 SW.

I WANT IT. NOW.

any thoughts? supposed to be out this month..

Last edited by K-Dub; 03-04-2008 at 05:56 PM.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:22 AM   #1035
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

so im planning to get my first DSLR.

disappointed with the performance of my not so long ago purchase, the "bridge" camera lumix FZ50, i'm going to go straight ahead and get myself a "semi pro" camera.

just going by reviews, im considering the 40d or sony's a700. nikon's d40 (*edit* d80 also) is apparently a grade lower (and older) and the d300 looks a little pricy the same thing seems to apply for olympus's e-510 and e-3 respectively.

your thoughts? i've also heard i should wait a few months before for new models that are due soon. is there any truth to this?

ps, one question:
can someone explain the whole idea of lenses to me? lenses from different companies are incompatible, correct? does this also mean if i were to buy a canon now, and lenses to go along with it, i would probably continue to use canon cameras in the future to avoid spending a lot of money buying new lenses for a nikon, for instance?

also, lets if i end up buying the a700 or 40d, should i buy the package, with the kit lenses? what is an appropriate first lens? i have no idea what xxmm means so im having trouble deciding. i think an all around lens will suit me best, but i like taking a lot of travel and street photography, as well as portrait shots of friends and the gf.

Last edited by Fiery_Ramen; 03-08-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Fiery_Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 AM   #1036
VLS Moderator

You really can't go wrong with any of the cameras out there right now, but the Olympus might be the worst with the noise issue. The Sony A700 has beaten out the canon 40D in most camera comparisons in European camera magazines. Canon has the most lens selections right now, with Nikon coming in Second. If the D300 is a bit out of your price range, try looking at the D80. Sony is really getting into the DSLR business now, as they're coming out with about 4 new models this year.

Sony DSLR's have the in-body stabilization, the canon ones do not. This means that you get stabilization with ALL of your lenses with the Sony, but only in a select few with Nikon & Canon. With the telephoto lenses over 300mm, the in-lens IS/VR is a bit more effective though.

If you keep waiting for the next model of camera to come out, you'll never buy a camera...but you can usually get a deal on an older model at the time the new one comes out.

It's usually cheaper to buy the kit, but the lenses are usually just decent. For the casual user it's fine, but for me, the lenses make the system. The Sony/Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 is the sharpest zoom in its class right now, but it costs about $900. It's amazingly sharp with fantastic contrast & colour rendition...I can vouch for it, as I have one.

The lenses of the camera manufacturers are not compatible, but there are 3rd party makers like Sigma & Tamron that make lenses to fit all of the major cameras.

Go to a good camera store, and try them all out. Buy the one that fits your needs. Lens & Shutter is highly biased towards Canon, and Leo's doesn't carry Nikon, but at least at Leo's they will spend the time with you to try out all the cameras. Broadway Cameras will give you a discount usually.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:33 AM   #1037

Quote:
Originally posted by Senna4ever
You really can't go wrong with any of the cameras out there right now, but the Olympus might be the worst with the noise issue. The Sony A700 has beaten out the canon 40D in most camera comparisons in European camera magazines. Canon has the most lens selections right now, with Nikon coming in Second. If the D300 is a bit out of your price range, try looking at the D80. Sony is really getting into the DSLR business now, as they're coming out with about 4 new models this year.

Sony DSLR's have the in-body stabilization, the canon ones do not. This means that you get stabilization with ALL of your lenses with the Sony, but only in a select few with Nikon & Canon. With the telephoto lenses over 300mm, the in-lens IS/VR is a bit more effective though.

If you keep waiting for the next model of camera to come out, you'll never buy a camera...but you can usually get a deal on an older model at the time the new one comes out.

It's usually cheaper to buy the kit, but the lenses are usually just decent. For the casual user it's fine, but for me, the lenses make the system. The Sony/Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 is the sharpest zoom in its class right now, but it costs about $900. It's amazingly sharp with fantastic contrast & colour rendition...I can vouch for it, as I have one.

The lenses of the camera manufacturers are not compatible, but there are 3rd party makers like Sigma & Tamron that make lenses to fit all of the major cameras.

Go to a good camera store, and try them all out. Buy the one that fits your needs. Lens & Shutter is highly biased towards Canon, and Leo's doesn't carry Nikon, but at least at Leo's they will spend the time with you to try out all the cameras. Broadway Cameras will give you a discount usually.

is a successor to the a700 coming out anytime this year? or the 40d? if not i'll probably visit the camera stores next weekend and get my first dslr!

Last edited by Fiery_Ramen; 03-08-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:35 AM   #1038
VLS Moderator

The 40D and A700 just came out last year.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #1039
Banned (ABWS)

im a digi cam noob so i need some recommendations here

-must be thin
-2 or 3 megapix max. dont need so high
-fast preview

$150 budget limit
Seamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #1040

should this thread be merged to the new camera thread?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #1041

Quote:
Originally posted by Seamo
im a digi cam noob so i need some recommendations here

-must be thin
-2 or 3 megapix max. dont need so high
-fast preview

$150 budget limit
lol 2 or 3 mp? go to XS cargo hahaha.... i don't think any mainstream cameras are that low anymore

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #1042
Banned (ABWS)

lol or higher. looking for style than -> fast preview
Seamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:35 PM   #1043
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 102 Times in 51 Posts
Hi guys... what would you prefer out of the 2

Canon SD 750 or Canon SD 870 IS?

Thanks!
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #1044

870 personally, cuz of the wide angle

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #1045
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 102 Times in 51 Posts
Anything else beside that? sorry, I'm not really that good with cameras lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #1046

well the 870 also has IS (image stablization)

here's the link to a side by side

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...sd750&show=all

the 870IS has a higher megapixel count which means you can blow them up slightly larger than the pictures out of the 750. The 750 looks like it has an extra video mode which shoots at even smaller frame size. the 750 shoots a little faster on continuous shooting (holding the shutter button and shooting sequential photos) and the 870IS is a little lighter. Personal preference really but i'd go 870.

If its just a basic camera for out partying and what not, just go into the store and try both. see which feels better in your hand and is more intutive to use.

i just dug up an interesting tidbit. the SD750 and the SD1000 are the same camera internally. seen here [http://www.dpreview.com/news/0702/07...d750sd1000.asp] its another option for you

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by [HuCk DuCk]; 03-24-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #1047

picked up my 40D! this thing weighs a ton T_T
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #1048
Banned (BBM)

Just a FYI, I have been quite happy with my K10D. Comapred to the XTi I find it to be a very comfortable camera to hold (it is bigger) and all of the controls are very well placed and make sense. It has a good bright viewfinder and the LCD on top of the camera is a nice touch (instead of using the preview screen to fiddle with the shutter speed, aperture, etc..)

It feels like a pretty solid camera too. No flimsy parts, the battery and memory card doors don't feel like they will fall off AT ALL, and they have these neat little lift and turn knobs top open them, reminiscent of older film cameras. Nice touch indeed.

The front and rear dials on the grip make it easy to zip through the shutter speed and aperture values without having to hold down a funky combination of buttons or navigate some sort of menu.

Overall it is a really nice tool. The only problem for me is that I have no clue how to use it to even half of it's full potential...
boxeraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:14 AM   #1049
VLS Moderator

You'll learn soon enough!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #1050
Need to Seek Professional Help

I'm in need of a recommendation for a digital camera.
I know absolutely nothing about cameras, but i'm looking for one just to take pictures anywhere...whether its roadtrips/vacations/etc.
I want something thats small/compact, can still take good pictures while in motion, don't really know anything about the megapixel or whatever (i would assume higher the better?). some sort of feature where it helps stabilize the camera when taking pictures if i have shaky hands. Fast pictures/previews. Thanks!