REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-27-2022, 03:17 PM   #11651
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Uncharted [2022] - 4/10

If you're not a fan of the games it's probably a half decent watch if you like the genre. I am a fan of the games and the casting was pretty painful, the plot was ehhh and they spent way too much time on characters that don't even matter. It would've been far better if they made a short TV series with Nathan Fillion.

Spoiler!
Makes ZERO sense to make this movie based on a video game that is a take on other video games (Tomb Raider) that were a take on other movies (Indiana Jones)

So it's a replica of a replica of Indiana Jones. WHY?

The idea itself is just STUPID so I'm not even going to watch it
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2022, 03:44 PM   #11652
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,057 Times in 3,941 Posts
I've never played Tomb Raider but I'd say the stories of the Uncharted games are interesting and worth a play/watch. I love the Indiana Jones trilogy, I wouldn't say Uncharted is a replica but they're definitely closely in the same genre.

I've probably said it before but even just following the cutscenes of the games + a bit of the exploring in between would land at ~2.5 hours. Or take this short with Nathan Fillion and run from there.

Instead they made 2 hours of Tom Holland being an alcoholic and Mark Wahlberg being Mark Wahlberg (like anyone really wants to see more of that).
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 04:44 PM   #11653
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,046 Times in 5,339 Posts
I actually got the feeling Mark Wahlberg was trying to act like Ryan Reynolds lol
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 10:11 PM   #11654
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,418 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Just came back from Top Gun: Maverick. Yes, there are some unbelievable moments (it’s a movie after all), but I really enjoyed it. Totally agree that it was a “reboot done right”.

I watched it in IMAX and the aerial shots were just mind blowing. Might watch it again but in Dbox…
Also just did this in IMAX. Well worth the little premium for that giant screen.
Been waiting for this one since it was announced pre-pandemic and getting pushed and pushed again.

Thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through, just a blast to watch. Get this one in theatres guys, its meant for it.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2022, 05:26 AM   #11655

I wish I'd seen it in IMAX. Certain movies are ONLY good in Imax, and while Maverick was highly enjoyable in a normal theatre (with Atmos sound), I think it would have been amazing there.

Others that spring to mind

Gravity - should be IMAX only, really
1917 - I imagine it wasn't nearly as good in normal theatres or home
Old 06-02-2022, 12:35 AM   #11656
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Top Gun in Imax is amazing, just saw it tonight, movie was great, I'd say its better than the first one, I don't see how they could make it a better movie without seeming like a scifi film (the man vs machine route aka macross)

The only way I could see the experience being better is watching it in a 4DX cinema, but then again the screens are way smaller in those (skinny you should try watching it in 4dx in HK)

9/10

As for Uncharted, it didn't even do the game justice, watch it if you're bored and have nothing to stream
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2022, 12:43 AM   #11657

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Top Gun in Imax is amazing, just saw it tonight, movie was great, I'd say its better than the first one, I don't see how they could make it a better movie without seeming like a scifi film (the man vs machine route aka macross)

The only way I could see the experience being better is watching it in a 4DX cinema, but then again the screens are way smaller in those (skinny you should try watching it in 4dx in HK)

9/10

As for Uncharted, it didn't even do the game justice, watch it if you're bored and have nothing to stream
Is that the one where the seats move around and they blow you in the face with air?

Seems like the perfect movie for it.. If the seats move around like an After Burner arcade that might be cool!

TBH though as much as I enjoyed it, there were times I was kind of waiting for it to end.. Not sure if I want to sit through it again
Old 06-02-2022, 08:44 AM   #11658
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,274 Times in 586 Posts
Best IMAX theater in the lower mainland?
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:52 AM   #11659
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,836 Times in 1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Best IMAX theater in the lower mainland?
1) Colossus Langley
2) SilverCity Riverport
Old 06-02-2022, 11:24 AM   #11660
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Is that the one where the seats move around and they blow you in the face with air?

Seems like the perfect movie for it.. If the seats move around like an After Burner arcade that might be cool!

TBH though as much as I enjoyed it, there were times I was kind of waiting for it to end.. Not sure if I want to sit through it again
Yeah the seats move like a sim, not as wild as afterburner tho lol. There's also speakers by your ear, air blown, water sprayed, n lightning depending on the movie

ppl disliked fantastic beasts 2, but I watched it in 4dx and I'm not sure if it was bcuz of the immersive experience or the film (prolly a bit of both) but I loved it

Side note, anyone else notice the Japan and Taiwan flag was put back into the movie on Tom's jacket? I remember a few years ago there was talk it was removed, and it was gone even in the trailer, so it was a bit of a surprise to see the original return
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2022, 11:44 AM   #11661

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Yeah the seats move like a sim, not as wild as afterburner tho lol. There's also speakers by your ear, air blown, water sprayed, n lightning depending on the movie

ppl disliked fantastic beasts 2, but I watched it in 4dx and I'm not sure if it was bcuz of the immersive experience or the film (prolly a bit of both) but I loved it

Side note, anyone else notice the Japan and Taiwan flag was put back into the movie on Tom's jacket? I remember a few years ago there was talk it was removed, and it was gone even in the trailer, so it was a bit of a surprise to see the original return
It was removed during the trailer, then they put it back on when it was clear it would never be shown in China anyway. Tencent even pulled out their funding

Almost no western movies are shown in theatres anymore; of course most have been closed due to covid. I don't think even Marvel movies are getting released there

This is good news for movie enjoyers, since they won't be catered so much to the 'theme park ride' viewers that most in China are. I think we'll look back at the 10's and see it really was the worst era for mainstream movies because of this.
Old 06-02-2022, 08:42 PM   #11662
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
1) Colossus Langley
2) SilverCity Riverport
Langley IMAX screen has scratches on it. Could not unsee

Top Gun was still dope tho.

Also man the interior of Langley aged badly.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2022, 07:17 AM   #11663
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,381 Times in 2,472 Posts
Anybody done Cineplex VIP lately? Can anybody remind me if you can order alcohol in seat or take alcohol into the theatre from the lounge?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:30 AM   #11664
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Anybody done Cineplex VIP lately? Can anybody remind me if you can order alcohol in seat or take alcohol into the theatre from the lounge?
Not post covid but pre covid I always took drinks in from lounge as well as ordered from my seats.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2022, 11:28 AM   #11665
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I went and watched Dr. Stange 2 at Cineplex VIP Brentwood

You can order alcohol as I recalled someone else ordering cocktail

Old 06-03-2022, 11:35 AM   #11666
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,827 Times in 1,819 Posts
You can order alcohol both at the bar up front, and from your seat - Brentwood VIP.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2022, 06:28 AM   #11667
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,369 Times in 985 Posts
Top gun was really good. There were some cheesy parts but man it feels good to see the story playing out all right. Of course there were some what the hell are you thinking moments ....

will watch again in theatres with my gf as I just went with the boys this time.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:31 AM   #11668

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Langley IMAX screen has scratches on it. Could not unsee

Top Gun was still dope tho.

Also man the interior of Langley aged badly.
Top Gun 9/10.

Great film.

You fucked me up with those scratches on the screen though, I could see it throughout the movie.

Wonder how much it would cost the theater to have it fixed?
Old 06-09-2022, 07:45 PM   #11669
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,369 Times in 985 Posts
^ go talk to the theatre manager and u get a coupon for next visit.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:31 PM   #11670

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Top Gun - it's exactly what it needed to be. Everything a fan of the original would want in a sequel. From the nostalgia to the cool jet stuff and all the feels in between, I felt like my eyes were watering the entire film. I can't recall the last time I felt so satisfied after seeing a movie. Well done Tom Cruise, you fucking scientology weirdo. Lol!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2022, 09:49 AM   #11671
I STILL don't get it

looks like I waited too long to see Top Gun, as it's no longer in IMAX at Langley.

guess dbox is the next best option
wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 10:45 PM   #11672
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck View Post
looks like I waited too long to see Top Gun, as it's no longer in IMAX at Langley.

Yeah I wanted to watch it again in IMAX just before Jurassic World Dominion came out on Thursday. Wednesday morning, I checked the last showing that day in Richmond and it was full!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:19 AM   #11673

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck View Post

damn it!!

ok so where now?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 03:44 PM   #11674

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Top Gun - it's exactly what it needed to be. Everything a fan of the original would want in a sequel. From the nostalgia to the cool jet stuff and all the feels in between, I felt like my eyes were watering the entire film. I can't recall the last time I felt so satisfied after seeing a movie. Well done Tom Cruise, you fucking scientology weirdo. Lol!
Oooof, the love scenes with his love interest in the movie were somewhat cringey, even the audience laughed at a few scenes.

I'm glad he's sticking to action movies nowadays and no more romantic comedies.

No one is believing that crap
Old 06-14-2022, 05:06 PM   #11675
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Oooof, the love scenes with his love interest in the movie were somewhat cringey, even the audience laughed at a few scenes.

I'm glad he's sticking to action movies nowadays and no more romantic comedies.

No one is believing that crap
I'd like to see more movies like Collateral, The Last Samurai, Rain Man ect....

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: