REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 04-07-2023, 03:07 AM   #11876
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
"65" - that weird dinosaur movie with adam driver.

got really predictable & i think reviewers hated the perfect ending story telling.
also someone fucked up the preview trailer good cause it was "most" of the good scenes.

6/10.
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2023, 06:44 PM   #11877
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,368 Times in 984 Posts

yes it's a brown movie but promise there wasnt' a crazy dance scene involved.
very fast paced and most of hte parts were believable.
Once you got over the climax, there's another ride at the end.

enjoyable movie that wasn't 3 + hrs long. well worth the watch
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 10:46 AM   #11878
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,824 Times in 1,818 Posts
There's something about that woman's expression with the gun to her head that elicits a big "nope" from me..
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2023, 06:33 AM   #11879
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,940 Times in 8,260 Posts
Watching F9 on Netflix right now and I haven't stopped laughing for 10 minutes straight. This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life. Will give a rating if I keep watching

Edit: Did not keep watching. Holy shit what garbage LOL
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2023, 11:04 AM   #11880
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
looks like we won't be having any more new entertainment until the strikes over. Get ready for AI written series.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2023, 11:56 AM   #11881

finally caught this, not bad...

AIR
this was amazing.
it is true that it was never going to be just medicore.. it was a great movie.
no one could play jordan so they didn't which was good.
great ride and great to see some history to it 9/10
Old 05-23-2023, 11:16 AM   #11882

Watched Air as well 9/10. Great film.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - 8/10.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:45 PM   #11883
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Super Mario Bros. Movie
8/10

I loved this movie. I love Nintendo and Mario, and this movie answered with an insane amount of fan-service. I've seen it 3 times, and I'm going to see it again because I can't get Peaches out of my head.

Old 05-26-2023, 05:11 PM   #11884

John Wick 4: 3/10

The action scenes were cool, but it just kept going and going and eventually it was just too much. The LORE to the whole thing is just so stupid.

The first one, which nobody knew would be any good, was such a great movie. The sequels were more good action, but they just kept having to outdo themselves over and over to the point of absurdity. It basically became the Fast & Furious franchise with guns instead of cars
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2023, 09:37 AM   #11885

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
John Wick 4: 3/10

The action scenes were cool, but it just kept going and going and eventually it was just too much. The LORE to the whole thing is just so stupid.

The first one, which nobody knew would be any good, was such a great movie. The sequels were more good action, but they just kept having to outdo themselves over and over to the point of absurdity. It basically became the Fast & Furious franchise with guns instead of cars
Totally agree. Not sure what people see in these newer films. They're boring, how many times do I have to watch a choreographed fight scene before losing interest?
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2023, 07:00 PM   #11886

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,248 Posts
I was going to watch John Wick 4 tonight and then saw it's almost 3 hours long wtf? These kind of movies should be 90 minutes max
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 07:46 PM   #11887

Yeah and it's not a great 3 hours either... Really long extended scenes about the LORE and then action scenes that start out great, but go on and on and on and on and on

They basically jerked themselves off for a few months and made a movie out of it

Go watch NOBODY with Bob Odenkirk instead. It's a way better John Wick movie than John Wick 2, 3, and 4
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2023, 08:38 AM   #11888
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Another typical example of something good being milked too hard. The whole John Wick "gun fu" thing and world of assassins' thing was pretty cool at first then like any franchise that milks it too hard just became like again another one? I'll still watch it one day when I'm bored and need something to fill my time where I don't need to pay attention.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 06:47 AM   #11889

Really enjoyed the new Mission Impossible. Just like Maverick was a throwback to 80's action movies, this was a bit of a throwback to 00's spy movies. Recommended if you liked the previous MI movies. You should know what you're getting into, and it's a good version of that, IMO

So much better than John Wick 4 omg

I just watched the entire series while my wife was traveling so I was ready for it
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 12:56 PM   #11890
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,361 Times in 2,468 Posts
Quote:
Yeah and it's not a great 3 hours either... Really long extended scenes about the LORE and then action scenes that start out great, but go on and on and on and on and on

They basically jerked themselves off for a few months and made a movie out of it

Go watch NOBODY with Bob Odenkirk instead. It's a way better John Wick movie than John Wick 2, 3, and 4
Nobody was a fantastic movie, one of my favs.

That said I did not hate John Wick 4. Agree with the sentiments about the gun-fu action bukkake, but the set design and cinematography was worth the price of admission. Very fun to see all the stylistic influences, including the one scene that was right out of Metal Gear Solid overhead POV.

Change of topic: huge month of movies, Mission Impossible, Oppenheimer, Barbie, all supposed to be fantastic. Anybody gonna try for the triple header? Stoked for all of them.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 03:20 PM   #11891

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Nobody was a fantastic movie, one of my favs.

That said I did not hate John Wick 4. Agree with the sentiments about the gun-fu action bukkake, but the set design and cinematography was worth the price of admission. Very fun to see all the stylistic influences, including the one scene that was right out of Metal Gear Solid overhead POV.

Change of topic: huge month of movies, Mission Impossible, Oppenheimer, Barbie, all supposed to be fantastic. Anybody gonna try for the triple header? Stoked for all of them.
I'll be going to all three.. Oppenheimer in IMAX, I've been hyped for that for a while. I finally watched Tenet though, and that kind of dampered my hype a bit.. I didn't really like it. Barbie too; my wife really seemed interested by the trailer that played before Mission Impossible. I've been wanting to see that for a while due to how absurd it seems.
Old 07-13-2023, 08:57 AM   #11892

Oppenheimer I'm absolutely stoked for, can't fucking wait.

IMAX most definitely, Langley I suppose.
Old 07-13-2023, 09:15 AM   #11893
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,204 Posts
D&D Movie out on Netflix. Better than expected! Enjoyed the characters, and they made use of the game mechanics pretty nicely.
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2023, 09:53 AM   #11894
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,139 Times in 1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
D&D Movie out on Netflix. Better than expected! Enjoyed the characters, and they made use of the game mechanics pretty nicely.
I saw it in the theatres and was pleasantly surprised. A breath of fresh air compared to all the films based on a movie franchise... A lot of easter eggs for the D&D nerds too.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:57 AM   #11895

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Totally agreed! The story was meh, but like you said the set design and cinematography was top notch. Loved the overhead sequence, and the staircase sequence was also brutal (in a good way). You gotta give credit to the crew that put in so much work for the training/choreography to make it look authentic. It's evident they were proud of their work, and I respect that!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2023, 02:57 PM   #11896

Out-Laws on Netflix 1/10

It's basically an Adam Sandler movie without Adam Sandler (so that's why it got 1 and not 0)
Old 07-13-2023, 04:17 PM   #11897

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,248 Posts
Quote:
Out-Laws on Netflix 1/10

It's basically an Adam Sandler movie without Adam Sandler (so that's why it got 1 and not 0)
If you mean a 90s Adam Sandler movie I'm definitely going to check it out
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 04:40 PM   #11898

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
If you mean a 90s Adam Sandler movie I'm definitely going to check it out
I can't really tell the eras apart, but if you like bad "awkward" humor then you might like it. The main guy, they tried to make him the lovable goof, but he's just so fucking stupid he's just annoying, and it makes everyone around him look stupid for putting up with him.
Old 07-14-2023, 10:00 PM   #11899

Quote:
Really enjoyed the new Mission Impossible. Just like Maverick was a throwback to 80's action movies, this was a bit of a throwback to 00's spy movies. Recommended if you liked the previous MI movies. You should know what you're getting into, and it's a good version of that, IMO

So much better than John Wick 4 omg

I just watched the entire series while my wife was traveling so I was ready for it
Just watched it and wow I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie. Too bad we have to wait another year for part 2.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2023, 07:14 AM   #11900

I thought it was only ok.

Saw a lot of everything in the trailers and for 2.3/4 hr...shoudl have just cut it down to 2 hours.

Yeah, i can tell they had to explain all the reason on why this is cyber / antagonist but man.. it was not as jam packed as I liked it to be.