REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 10-07-2024, 10:15 PM   #12176
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,256 Posts
Failed 137 Times in 65 Posts
Ahh, I knew Wild Robot would involve onions...

Transformers One was surprisingly good too. Watched it yesterday with my 16-yr old (who grew up watching the Transformers Prime cartoons).
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2024, 10:24 PM   #12177
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,918 Times in 1,239 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
Fall Guy - solid B, which is all I expected. Great stunts and action, predictable story and campy fun for everyone. My wife appreciated the romance but she's a Hallmark movie gal so take that as you will.
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2024, 11:02 PM   #12178
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,592 Times in 1,207 Posts
Failed 236 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Ahh, I knew Wild Robot would involve onions...

Transformers One was surprisingly good too. Watched it yesterday with my 16-yr old (who grew up watching the Transformers Prime cartoons).
Transformers Prime is a solid TV show, I binged it when it was on Netflix a couple of years ago.

Brian Tyler who composed Transformers Prime also did the score for Transformers One.

Brian snuck in an Easter egg where he used one of the sound tracks from Prime onto One

https://youtu.be/-ElaMAMEgy8?si=i1gluICbc79VRQsc

This particular track
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2024, 07:29 AM   #12179
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,704 Times in 1,356 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts

Moving down the 2023 Oscar Nominees list.

This movie was pretty funny. Basically a distinguished Black author writes non-racial high-brow novels which don't get much fanfare. So hard up on cash he writes a sterotypical autobiography from the POV of thug escaped convict. Novel is a hit and he has to pretend to be said thug.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2024, 12:00 AM   #12180
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,256 Times in 8,423 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
Beetlejuice 2 was "fine". You compare it to the original to see just how different movies are now, even if a lot of the same people are involved. Tim Burton's name is attached to it, but I don't know how involved he was.

Michael Keaton is in his 70's now and really doesn't do a good Beetlejuice anymore. Very low energy, no physical acting, and his voice is very weak and tired sounding. They waited too long I guess

4/10
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2024, 07:36 PM   #12181
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,396 Times in 1,002 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts

In Broad Day Light 9/10

True story but they made a movie out of it.
Lost a LOT of money but due to the great theme / story / social justice, Louis Koo financed the movie.
The movie earned 16 nominations at the 42nd Hong Kong Film Awards ain't a joke.
SO many old aged actors each despite 10 - 15 mins screen time, did an amazing job.

What's it about?

Many years ago people caught nurse washing 5-10 seniors all lined up at the patio / rooftop and she used a garden hose to shower them. That was the huge story - how old aged home are now privatized (HK gov't all outsourced); yet with so many infractions, yet none of them are caught or closed down.

The other side of the coin - do you know how tough it is to get into a care home?
How many of them are short staffed?
These "care homes" houses low income, mentally weak / unstable, lonely individuals...

Very well filmed, some onions chopping towards the end and how society, the law, the injustice sometimes are good yet at most times are bad.

Very worthy of a film in HK that's ain't about cops, love, Andy Lau, or some cocaine genre movie.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #12182
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,323 Times in 4,054 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Glass Onion - A Knives Out Mystery - 9/10

I loved this. A great mix of mystery and plot twists along with great comedy. After going through a bunch of Agatha Christie stuff recently it's sort of like a slightly parody take on her style. I haven't seen the first one yet so now it's high up on my to-watch list.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote