REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-31-2024, 12:52 PM   #12076
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,361 Times in 2,468 Posts
The movie is called Challengers for anybody who is confused lol (op did not include the movie title in his original post). I am not sure I would call it a "hidden" gem as it stars one of the biggest actresses in Hollywood.

But perhaps I am more into it than your typical movie goer as for the record I did see Call Me By Your Name when it came out.
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 06-01-2024 at 02:19 PM.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2024, 02:25 PM   #12077

The Zone of Interest - 8/10

It's a slice of life look at the family of the main Commandant who ran the Auchwitz concentration camp, and the house they live in which is literally right next to the camp.

Really well done movie, but it's definitely not entertaining. It's almost as if it should be a documentary or educational film that schools should show in Social Studies or History when they get to WW2.

Despite its challenge and depressing subject matter, the structure and film making of it is fantastic.

The sound design with the low-key industrial rumble from the creamatorium ovens going 24/7 whenever the scene is in the house. The smoke from the train full of Jewish prisoners in the background set behind a beautiful garden party. It's haunting but also a great work of filmmaking.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2024, 11:04 PM   #12078

Love Lies Bleeding - 8.5/10

Here's one that 8675309 or whatever his name is hasn't seen yet while he's busy watching bad movies.

A modern day Thelma & Louise with Kristen Stewart playing a huge lesbo. Gritty crime/murder thriller with plenty of roided out bodybuilding energy.

Great acting from Ed Harris and the jacked lesbo Katy O'Brian. Kristen Stewart swinging for the fences, doesn't quite hit a home run but definitely a brave performance.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2024, 03:17 AM   #12079
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,152 Times in 140 Posts
Se7en - 9/10

This is a really good movie! A friend recommended it to me, and the story is amazing. The theme of the seven deadly sins is really interesting, and I have a thing for mythical stuff so it definitely appealed to me.

While it might not be a perfect 10 because it's an older film and the production styles have evolved since then, that doesn't affect how great the movie is. It's suspenseful, and the ending definitely packs a punch
Old 06-04-2024, 04:09 AM   #12080
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,936 Times in 8,258 Posts
It's cool to see people discover great movies from the 90's and 00's for the first time and enjoy them. Now I know how boomers might have felt when Gen Xers would watch Godfather or Deliverance
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 12:34 PM   #12081
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,368 Times in 984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

Super legit film, really wouldn't have caught this if it wasn't for your recommendation + trailer that I watched.

Great time travel back to 1989 them, from the short shorts, coke machines, walkmans, hair styles to all the little settings... it was done right.

Rose Glass directed and wrote this so it does make the flow good so I'm impressed. I thought the casting was good too. Kristen Stewart was never on my bucket list as i've never watched twilight so to see her play the role was pretty good. I thought she looked like hilary swank with the crazy 90s haircut.

Katy O'Brian was a great cast, i don't watch TV so I have not seen her in The Mandalorian. a) didn't know she was a police office before b) competed in weight lifting and also c) black belt in hapkido.

I thought the movie was great, ed harris did a decent job; the only bone to pick is the ending which was sort of werid but it all worked.

Family dynamic, 90s drinking, hitting your wife, guns, dad versus daughter, puppy love, sacrificing love... it had it all.

very good watch, thanks for the recommendation!
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2024, 09:42 AM   #12082
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,814 Times in 1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

Here's one that 8675309 or whatever his name is hasn't seen yet while he's busy watching bad movies.

A modern day Thelma & Louise with Kristen Stewart playing a huge lesbo. Gritty crime/murder thriller with plenty of roided out bodybuilding energy.

Great acting from Ed Harris and the jacked lesbo Katy O'Brian. Kristen Stewart swinging for the fences, doesn't quite hit a home run but definitely a brave performance.
This is on my list, good stuff.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 06:07 AM   #12083

Good old city hunter, i'm not old enough to really appreciate as I didn't read the full cartooon / anime back then. I did like how it kept the same japanese style. The look, the feel was the same. The pretty girls was there, the play boy look is there, his perv on girls, the gun shooting (never misses, super good posing etc) etc.. it all kept it with the style of the anime.

That I like.. other than that, the script was sub par, the acting was meh.

it was a treat to watch a remake of city hunter anime to see it coming to life.

BTW jacky chan made back in the 90s in chinese so that was also a bit nontragic
Old 06-15-2024, 07:11 PM   #12084

The lead character (Glen Thomas Powell Jr.) has always been the good looking dude, always played the brad pitt wannabe. Good to see him taking a change and play and down to earth university teacher. Adria Arjona has been in 5 diff (memorable) movies but maybe cause she's the token girl in the movie, i don't remember her at all. (Morbius, 6 underground, triple frontier, pacific rim, etc) I do think she is going to be the next Salma Hayek (now 57 yrs old).

University psyc professor who side lines in the police department and work in IT to help with wiring and getting confession when someone hires a hit man. Then one day, he turns into the guy. So it's weird as you know someone in IT wont' even be in the front line and then all of a sudden, he becomes a cop. Again, never want to poke at holes while watching the movie... it's cool to see how the movie unfolds. Easy watch, wasn't the best nor crazy memorable, just a B line movie with B cast being in a steaming platform.
Old 06-16-2024, 10:19 AM   #12085

same old formula, same old actors, same amount of action.
It's good to bring these nostalgic moments; with all these action movies, you can't really reinvent new styles so seeing a few unique techniques was good.

can't really keep track with all, but one thing I did notice is Martin Lawrence's (on screen wife) was recasted to someone else; she bowed out from movies esp she's in her late 50s.

there are less explosion than bad boys 3 from what I remembered; maybe it's me, 2020 bad boys for life was at 90 M, this one is only 100M - esp with inflation, I'm guessing money is tight - all in all- same director, jerry b was producing so you'll expecting the same type of action.

a few good moments, seeing michael bay, dj kalid having a few cameos... Ioan Gruffudd
(he was in the original fantastic 4 with jessica alba... ) haven't seen him in a while.

PS: seeing good old reggie (famous screen of will smith holding a gun at the front door) coming back as an adult just reminds me how old i am now.

go in brainless for a shoot and blast cop movie and you'll enjoy yourself.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2024, 10:48 AM   #12086
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,814 Times in 1,817 Posts
These movie selections are starting to get me mad 6793026

We watched Civil War last night. Another A24 film, so I'm probably biased. I gave it a solid 8/10.

It's not what you think, the film doesn't get into the politics of what a Civil War in the US would look like, and it's not a war film in terms of action, which I thought was fine. It was a straight up old school journey film, through the lens of war photographers.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2024, 09:31 PM   #12087
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,139 Times in 1,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
PS: seeing good old reggie (famous screen of will smith holding a gun at the front door) coming back as an adult just reminds me how old i am now.
Can you fight?

Quote:
go in brainless for a shoot and blast cop movie and you'll enjoy yourself.
Exactly - everything you expect in a Bad Boys movie is in this one too.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2024, 05:44 PM   #12088
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,511 Times in 561 Posts
Inside Out 2 - 7.5/10

Good movie to watch with the kids. Got some good character development. It's been so long I forgot what happened in the last movie.

Had some real cringe moments but overall, another disney banger.

Watched in 4DX. Nearly fell out my damn seat.

8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023 (sold)

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT) (sold)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020 (sold)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 07:54 PM   #12089

Mad Max
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga 2024 Directed by George Miller
what is happening? Why are people putting 90% on rotten tomatoes yet they movie lost money.

I blame myself for poor taste. I couldn't connect with the movie. I couldn't relate to anything as there was no chemistry whatsoever. Chris was crap in the movie; I did see the physical transformation to be in this movie and losing weight etc; but the acting, the character was just not good at all. I wonder why the script was so poorly written.

Anya Taylor-Joy had no camera chemistry at all. Yes she was huge in Queen's gambit but this one I didn't see any charisma or star power.

The part which I thought was good enough with a bit of tension was the ending part of the scene between Tom Burke and Anya, but other than that. I felt so disappointed.

There were also a bit of CGI which i didn't appreciate. The lack of explosion on screen was a key failure. From previous film, you can see a production of action between the camera the back ground; this one was just totally linear production = b line type movie.

so sad; i was expecting so much.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2024, 08:52 PM   #12090

wow i was so impressed with Adam Driver's acting. They aged him really well, he acted the part well, the age, the style, the persaonlity... dangg super legit.
Then we got Penélope Cruz, she also played the wife well. Not that there were much to act as the wife who held the purse strings.

I thoguht it was all about racing and that was not the case. It was fully about how Ferrari is broke, trying to keep the company afloat and him with his mystress. That was a different spin. Wish I knew that going in bcaeuse I was hopig it was a racing movie.

oh well, that was my fault. ALso, was not surprised how the move didn't even make 50% on recovering its budget.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:29 AM   #12091

Thanked 3,528 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
Inside Out 2 - 7.5/10

Good movie to watch with the kids. Got some good character development. It's been so long I forgot what happened in the last movie.

Had some real cringe moments but overall, another disney banger.

Watched in 4DX. Nearly fell out my damn seat.

I watched it also in 4dx and found the 4dx effects to be pretty mild.

My top tier 4dx movies consists of Fast X and Spiderman across the spider verse, the 4dx effects were so intense that you had to brace for the action scenes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2024, 04:05 PM   #12092

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts

Growing up watching so many Canto movies I'm always hyped for a decent looking true Canto movie because there are so few now. Some good action and good looking set pieces of the famed walled City in Hong Kong. Overall pretty decent but in typical Hong Kong fashion some over the top action and the main villain had some lame powers. Yea yea it's based off of a comic book so I guess I'll let it slide. None the less because of my nostalgia for anything Canto I tend to enjoy even the most meh of movies. Don't come for amazing acting, plot etc and just come for entertainment and you'll be fine.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2024, 10:00 PM   #12093

main villain had some lame powers - this I didn't know... i should go read up on this.