REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #26
I am grateful grapefruit

Failed 83 Times in 11 Posts
did you have an alarm/immobilizer/steering wheel lock?

glad you found the car.
Advertisement
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #27
10psi aint enough...

Failed 51 Times in 9 Posts
Glad to hear the car has been retrived.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #28
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Failed 83 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUDropOut View Post
It's your fault 100%. Why didn't you put your car inside your garage instead of showing it all out to the thieves? Why didn't you install an immobilizer? Why didn't you at least a car alarm or even a cheap one off of eBay would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
did you have an alarm/immobilizer/steering wheel lock?

glad you found the car.
Here is a better example of what he could of said.

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
^ the guy voiced his opinion , eventho it was harsh and not much help, i dont think he should have got points. If anything, the ppl who are directing insults at him should get points dont you think??

bad honest opinion vs vulgar insults and you chose to give points to the guy wit the opinion
Thats RS for ya.... its pretty much russian roullete whether u get points for ur post depending on the mods' current mood, whether he likes you, or is lazy

not consistant at all, sometimes ppl get points for the minorest of things wihle others get away with posting extremely offensive stuff, its pretty selective

the position to be a mod however is time consuming and they are human right... but because there is no threat to their power they tend to abuse it often
not to mention they all have a phat crew of dickriders that suck up to them even if they do something unjustly
plur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #30
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^^

yup again, can't agree with you more....but the point is he didn't say it like that and again just because we don't agree with the way he said it or what his opinion was doesn't mean he should get an infraction. Please don't think I agree with SFUDropOut...the only thing I agree with is his, question of getting an infraction. He didn't flame the guy in any way - he was insensitive - but just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean you give him an infraction. Also, I don't think the mod should have been as self-righteous.
excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #31

Nothing wrong about voicing your opinion, but he could of been more courteous seeing the situation. 93blacksi was asking for help and the guy flames him about what an idiot he is. Yes he could of parked his car inside, yes he was to cheap to buy an alarm system or an immobilizer, but don't fucking rub it in his face, the guy just lost his car.
If you were 93blacksi would you feel comfortable asking for advice on RS again?

**Edit, why is SFU bitching at Lomac? He wasn't even the mod who gave him points...

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating

Last edited by Mananetwork; 05-01-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Oh come on you fucksticks. "He voiced his opinion and got crucified for it! Opinions can't be wrong! Persecution!"

Newsflash: opinions can be wrong, and yours, just like the good old original "100% your fault" dickscab's, are wrong. Hitler had an opinion too. So do racists. Does that make me saying "I fucking hate chinks" ok?

You probably think everyone should be allowed to win in elementary school sports too, don't you?

Grab a fucking brain. As someone that's had two cars broken into and one stolen, I personally hope each and every one of you that echoed that SFU dropout's sentiment gets your shit stolen too. Karma's a bitch you motherfuckers.

Through the mud and the blood to the green field beyond.
Faugh A'Ballaugh.
1983 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #33
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^^
No one has agreed with SFUdropout. Some of us are just saying that he had a right to voice an opinion. Also, no one said opinions can't be wrong, but just because they're wrong doesn't mean he's not allowed to voice it.

In terms of racist opinion and the such, I don't think SFUdropout's opinion was any where close to being that offensive. Opinions do get censored but, in a democratic society it's a very high standard you have to cross before that happens. The last time I checked, the laws in Canada allow you to say whatever you want - you just aren't allowed to spread hate literature, but you can say it.

You're the prime example of why SFUdropot raised a question about infractions -why is it that you're allowed to use profane and aggressive lanague towards other and not get an infraction, while stating a opinion gets you an infraction.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #34

^ I give up! Your mom obviously hasn't taught you about common courtesy.

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Old 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #35
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^^

Understand the issues - it's not about courtesy, it's about his right to state his opinion.

Last edited by excel; 05-01-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
^^^

You're mom obvious hasn't sent you to school. Understand the issues - it's not about courtesy, it's about his right to state his opinion.
I have the fucking right to spit in a cops face, does is it right though.. NO!
Same fucking deal, he can say whatever he wants, but he's talking out of line

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating

Last edited by Mananetwork; 05-01-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #37
Hyde's Understudy

Failed 636 Times in 120 Posts
^ nice example there

you do not have the right to spit in a cops face, you will get arrested
you DO have a RIGHT to say you'll spit in a cops face

The fact is SFU didnt even say sumthing like "You fucking homo driving a slow ass teg, you should have used ur mother fucking brains and parked in the garage" now that is out of line.

What sfu said wasnt out of line but a lil disrespectful agreed?
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #38
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^^
No 1 said it it's right what he said. Actually, you do have the right to spit in the cops face, that's why you can do it if you want. The only problem is you'll be charge for committing a criminal act - not for spitting but for committing an assault or something like that. There's not actual law that prevents you from spiting at the cop though. Besides what criminal act did SRUdropout violate?

Look, I think you're all missing the point - I don't agree with what he said- but he has a right to state his opinion, whether you agree with it or not. That's what makes a democracy a democracy. Yes what he said is disrespectful not out of line, in terms of sharing his opinion

Last edited by excel; 05-01-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #39

Quote:
^ nice example there
you do not have the right to spit in a cops face, you will get arrested
you DO have a RIGHT to say you'll spit in a cops face
Yes I have the right to spit in his face, and yes that'll get me arrested
Yes SFU had the right to state his opinion, but for flaming you get points.
Rules state if you flame, you get points. Rules say if you insult a cop, you get shit. We agree then

So what it comes down to is, I and other RS members *mods or not* thought he was flaming, others disagree.
Just like a judge (mod) has the final say. I wouldn't have really givin' him points, more like tell him he's a fucking retard though. Where as another mod thought otherwise.

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating

Last edited by Mananetwork; 05-01-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #40
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 11 Times in 7 Posts
SFUdropout is an idiot, and if you look at other threads you'll know that fighting for him is a lost cause.

I respect what you two (excel and BlackZRoadster) has to say, but defending SFUdropout is useless. It's not even about "defending the right to opinion"; it's about defending an idiot who has no respect for himself or others. Now, does that make sense to you two?

I'm with the mods on this one. They are saying that they can "do whatever heck they please" because that's simply the fact. You guys need to wake up and smell the roses and think, "oh yeah I'm posting on an internet forum board..."
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap

Last edited by Levitron; 05-01-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:30 PM   #41
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Sure if you thought his comment was a flame, that's fine but, what about these comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mananetwork View Post
^ I give up! Your mom obviously hasn't taught you about common courtesy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 Z28 View Post
Oh come on you fucksticks. "He voiced his opinion and got crucified for it! Opinions can't be wrong! Persecution!"

Newsflash: opinions can be wrong, and yours, just like the good old original "100% your fault" dickscab's, are wrong. Hitler had an opinion too. So do racists. Does that make me saying "I fucking hate chinks" ok?

You probably think everyone should be allowed to win in elementary school sports too, don't you?

Grab a fucking brain. As someone that's had two cars broken into and one stolen, I personally hope each and every one of you that echoed that SFU dropout's sentiment gets your shit stolen too. Karma's a bitch you motherfuckers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preemo View Post
Why don't you find a cock and stuff it in your mouth and STFU?

OP: That sucks bro. I'll have my eyes open for this one.
I accept that the mod has the power to say what's a flame and not but, surely those example about fall in the flame category??? Like i said I think the mods are being a bit self righteous on this. Toy cop syndrome? Practice what you preach, set an example and be more objective. If you want the "power" that comes with being a mod than at least use that responsibility properly. don't do things just because you can.

Last edited by excel; 05-01-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #42

^^ Speaking of that!!

Quote:
^^^

Understand the issues - it's not about courtesy, it's about his right to state his opinion.
Last edited by excel : Today at 03:59 PM.

Nice edit! I recall you insulting my mom? Hypocrite!
I see nothing wrong with mine, only that your mom hasn't taught you something important in life.

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating

Last edited by Mananetwork; 05-01-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #43
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mananetwork View Post
**Edit, why is SFU bitching at Lomac? He wasn't even the mod who gave him points...
That's what I was wondering too. I popped online during work to briefly surf the site and saw my name mentioned.

Quote:
^^^
No one has agreed with SFUdropout. Some of us are just saying that he had a right to voice an opinion. Also, no one said opinions can't be wrong, but just because they're wrong doesn't mean he's not allowed to voice it.

In terms of racist opinion and the such, I don't think SFUdropout's opinion was any where close to being that offensive. Opinions do get censored but, in a democratic society it's a very high standard you have to cross before that happens. The last time I checked, the laws in Canada allow you to say whatever you want - you just aren't allowed to spread hate literature, but you can say it.

You're the prime example of why SFUdropot raised a question about infractions -why is it that you're allowed to use profane and aggressive lanague towards other and not get an infraction, while stating a opinion gets you an infraction.
To start with, yes, Canada proudly allows freedom of speech. However, Revscene is a private board with rules and regulations. If anyone actually bothered reading the agreement when you signed up, you'd notice that we reserve the right to limit and restrict what is said on this forum. Perfectly legal.

As for people getting infractions while others aren't, the last I checked, both parties involved received points in this case. You may notice discrepencies between different sections of RS. That's because each separate one has it's own set of rules. Some are ruled with an iron fist (Members' Ride, B&S, Tech, etc) while others have a far more relaxed system (VOT, etc). You may be able to get away with saying something in VOT but as soon as you say it here in VAC, you're punished for it.

SFU's comments were unnecessarily worded in a manner designed to inflict a certain emotion. While what he tried to say was technically fine, how it was worded wasn't.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #44
Hyde's Understudy

Failed 636 Times in 120 Posts
ok if that sfu guy is a douche i rest my case defending him...but i think there were ppl who retaliated and said stuff back to him that was out of line...Just think those should get points for flaming back, that would be fair IMO takes 2 to tango
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #45

Quote:
ok if that sfu guy is a douche i rest my case defending him...but i think there were ppl who retaliated and said stuff back to him that was out of line...Just think those should get points for flaming back, that would be fair IMO takes 2 to tango
Their all witches, get them!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Old 05-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #46
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^^^
Ya I took it out because I thought better of it. But at least I did it. What about you? I edited out 2 mins after I put it on. You should saying things about other peoples moms....isn't that a flame? It's just like me saying your mom's ugly or your mom's a bitch...they're all just statements too just like your mom hasn't taught you something important.

Last edited by excel; 05-01-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #47
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
That's what I was wondering too. I popped online during work to briefly surf the site and saw my name mentioned.

To start with, yes, Canada proudly allows freedom of speech. However, Revscene is a private board with rules and regulations. If anyone actually bothered reading the agreement when you signed up, you'd notice that we reserve the right to limit and restrict what is said on this forum. Perfectly legal.
That's fine, just make sure you're regulating it fairly and being objective.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #48

Quote:
^^^^
Ya I took it out because I thought better of it. But at least I did it. What about you? I edited out 2 mins after I put it on. You should saying things about other peoples moms....isn't that a flame? It's just like me saying your mom's ugly or your mom's a bitch...they're all just statements too just like your mom hasn't taught you something important.
I'm not insulting your mom in any shape way or form. I'm just saying she hasn't taught you something important! Fuck, get it straight!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Old 05-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #49
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^^^^

That's is insulting, I think you need to get it straight. The point is don't bring moms into the argument. Would you tell your boss or teacher that their mom didn't teach them manners?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #50
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 11 Times in 7 Posts
Just to say this again since you guys probably missed this on the last page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitron View Post
SFUdropout is an idiot, and if you look at other threads you'll know that fighting for him is a lost cause.

I respect what you two (excel and BlackZRoadster) has to say, but defending SFUdropout is useless. It's not even about "defending the right to opinion"; it's about defending an idiot who has no respect for himself or others. Now, does that make sense to you two?

I'm with the mods on this one. They are saying that they can "do whatever heck they please" because that's simply the fact. You guys need to wake up and smell the roses and think, "oh yeah I'm posting on an internet forum board..."
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote