REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #26
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 26 Times in 20 Posts
for me
1. lougheed
2. langley

and thats it. richmond and burrard = terrible
Advertisement

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #27
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 71 Times in 13 Posts
Burrard has a new service manager Norman Li -- he is a good guy and a friend of mine

He also has one of the sickest turbo Type R's in Vancouver

In the old days -- my car never went to the dealer but now I bring my Type R to Burrard-- no problems whatsoever
2000 Acura Integra Type R #858 -- original owner
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Phat_R is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 203 Times in 77 Posts
much like everyone else said, i hope u stay away from richmond acura and more importantly, i hope they fire their staff and replace them with people who aren't complete pieces of shit :-)
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #29
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushy View Post
+1 for burrard acura being the shittest service ever.
kushy: is this based on your experience before or after the change in ownership/management?

i was just wondering because many say langley acura is the best, but langley and burrard are owned by the same group
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:02 PM   #30
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 42 Posts
before the ownership. i forgot what it was about.... but the guy just kept giving attitude and my dad got fed up with him and basically what he wanted to say to him was fuck you im never coming back to this place again and am going back to a lexus lol
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #31
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 10 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDoja View Post
For the life of God, do not ever step into Burrard Acura. I have always dealt with Langley Acura or Surrey Honda, and I have had nothing but pleasureable experiences. Both the fat fuck they call an Service Dept Assistant Manager - "Steve" - and the Service Dept Manager "Dan" (i believe it is) at Burrard Acura are horrible customer service leaders. Absolutely unacceptable service. Patronizing, belittling, unhelpful, disrespectful, and just completely RUDE.

My dad and uncle had stormed out of Burrard Sales Department about 15 years ago because of the atrocious service that was offerred then. And now, that same bullshit service is there, but much more visible in the Service department.

Absolute garbage for service. Pathetic.
service manager is different now. a new owner purchased burrard acura.
i work at burrard acura myself! lemme know if you ever want to get your car serviced and just tell me youre on revscene ill definitely give you a discount !
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #32
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Failed 61 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaemc View Post
i work at burrard acura myself! lemme know if you ever want to get your car serviced and just tell me youre on revscene ill definitely give you a discount !
Back when I had my Legend Coupe, I used to take it to Burrard all the time. I never got less than exemplary service there. I dealt almost exclusively with Huei, and the Indian guy with the lazy eye - they're awesome. Are they still there? The fat guy at the parts desk is a fool though, he has an aura of apathy surrounding him.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #33
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
I bought my new suv from Burrard Acura. I had gone in there to fix an issue and install some accessories and I found them to be very good. At least for that one service. My service advisor was Mike and he was excellent.
This was under 2 months ago.
Vulgate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #34
Witness protection

Quote:
jaemc: what is your job position at burrard?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #35
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 19 Times in 1 Post
Northshore Acura is good and I like the clear glass walls so you can see what they are doing to your car. For some reason, Northshore Acura's price is lower comparable to other locations. Not sure why tho..
ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #36
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 42 Posts
i remember walking into northshore acura with my dad to look at the new tsx. a saleman approached us who was asian and we started chatting about the car and he told us to sit at his desk to talk about pricing and shit. then he tells us since we're asian he can give us discounts on the car like straight up since we're asian and they dont get alot of asian customers there lolol
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #37
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
Anyone been to Langley Acura and know if they offer courtesy cars or a shuttle service? My work is somewhat close (10km away on Hwy 10) but obviously too far to walk. I'm almost due for a service in a few weeks from now.

Used to go to Richmond Acura and haven't really had any big problems with them like some others have although to be honest, the car hasn't had to have anything done other than the regular oil changes.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
jaemc: what is your job position at burrard?
im an assistant service advisor right now.. norman and the 3 other advisors are training me still they're all awesome dudes and great mentors lol working with them makes work alotta fun..
Old 09-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #39
Witness protection

Quote:
im an assistant service advisor right now.. norman and the 3 other advisors are training me still they're all awesome dudes and great mentors lol working with them makes work alotta fun..
you have a pm sir.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #40
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
Anyone been to Langley Acura and know if they offer courtesy cars or a shuttle service? My work is somewhat close (10km away on Hwy 10) but obviously too far to walk. I'm almost due for a service in a few weeks from now.
when i asked stephen the service advisor, he said you have to book in advance for a service loaner, and they only give those out for major work. ie. not for simple oil changes. i did not ask about a shuttle service because i am not from langley sorry...
Old 09-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #41
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
when i asked stephen the service advisor, he said you have to book in advance for a service loaner, and they only give those out for major work. ie. not for simple oil changes. i did not ask about a shuttle service because i am not from langley sorry...
Thanks! That's what I figured. I'm hoping they'll at least offer a shuttle service (Richmond Acura does) so that I can get to work. I'll give them a call when the time comes and see what they say and report back.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #42
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 7 Times in 7 Posts
I've had some not so good experiences with NS Acura.

1) I asked to do a basic oil change service (service A or B or something) and they ended up without authorization doing a service D or E, which was to replace all fluids and filters. Ended up being $300+ at the time. Pretty choked that they did that, and they wouldnt give me a discount or free of charge service, i think i got credit for something like buying a new car but never used it.

2) There was one asian male service advisor that anytime my grandfathers TL was in the shop for say a CEL (it's happened a few times) that any work ended being needed to fix the problem was not covered warrenty even though we had factory & extended warrenty. This service advisor was trying to screw us over or something. After talking with the managers, they finally corrected themselves and put the work done on warrenty.

There have been plenty of good experiences too, but these were two unhappy experiences that i will never forget.

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #43
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 78 Times in 28 Posts
Bump...looking to bring my car in for some warranty work.

For Sale:

BNIB Acupuncture Wallet PM me for details

Google / LG Nexus 4
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #44
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 88 Posts
Richmond Acura is the absolutely worst, they are a bunch of jerk offs that think they are god's gift to Acura....

I deal with Mike at Burrard Acura....good guy, great service. He looks like a late 20s asian guy with a good attitude. I would definitely recommend Mike at Burrard Acura service.
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #45
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AIN'T US

Failed 160 Times in 14 Posts
+1 to my good friend jaemc! he's definitely the guy you want to talk to! ive brought my car there for free car wash alot of times during the winter. i just couldnt wash my car in the freezing cold weather. he always made sure nothing happened to my car. one time, one of his good buddies surprised me with free detailing and when i was there for tire alignment, james let me test drive the new TL to kill time
he knows how to take care of his customers so i recommend you guys to go him for anything
exhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #46
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 10 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Jaaamcccc!!! Sup man!!!??? Say Hi to Norman for me!!!
Yellowstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #47
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 78 Times in 28 Posts
Just wondering...are there any "mod-friendly" Acura dealerships?

Or would Burrard be my best bet with jaemc there

For Sale:

BNIB Acupuncture Wallet PM me for details

Google / LG Nexus 4
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #48
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
Failed 61 Times in 19 Posts
Is Huei still working at Burrard Acura? He was my go to guy when I had my Legend Coupe. Awesome guy.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #49

Nopes he doesnt work there anymore =P unfortunately I never got a chance to meet him.
I'm currently on vacation right now. If any of you guys need anything gimme a pm still tho!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #50
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 31 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Nopes he doesnt work there anymore =P unfortunately I never got a chance to meet him.
I'm currently on vacation right now. If any of you guys need anything gimme a pm still tho!
PM'd
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote