REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #20701
God of Unce

Failed 285 Times in 103 Posts
Everything's falling into place... 2.5 more months and I'll be where I want to be by the end of this year.

An added *bonus* along the way will make everything whole. If it's meant to be, it will be. Time will tell shortly.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #20702
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
At a career crossroad...

Continue being a freelancer with the pros of rubbing shoulders with the industry's best and picking their brains, flexible hours and slowly increasing my hourly rate while getting a good workout every time at work. Cons being there will be a point where I max out my hourly rate, odd/long shifts and the possibility of being stuck at the same position.

Take a full time offer with one company. Put my dues in for 2-3 years. working my ass off for the same mediocre rate sacrificing many if not all weekends. But have a really good shot at management hopefully within 3 years.

Decisions decision. Not young and single anymore.... Continue chasing that elusive dream or face reality and sellout to become a white collar paper pusher... I guess the only comfort in either of my decision is that I will still be in the same industry that I love.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:43 AM   #20703
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,209 Times in 188 Posts
Failed 22 Times in 15 Posts
I say I don't care, I need you to stay outta my life to keep you safe. Please don't take this too hard. I can't keep you safe if you're too close to me, I love you please take care of yourself when I'm not around.
For slow track videos
https://www.youtube.com/@AnsonSuperSports
325isMSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2015, 09:20 AM   #20704
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
At a career crossroad...

Continue being a freelancer with the pros of rubbing shoulders with the industry's best and picking their brains, flexible hours and slowly increasing my hourly rate while getting a good workout every time at work. Cons being there will be a point where I max out my hourly rate, odd/long shifts and the possibility of being stuck at the same position.

Take a full time offer with one company. Put my dues in for 2-3 years. working my ass off for the same mediocre rate sacrificing many if not all weekends. But have a really good shot at management hopefully within 3 years.

Decisions decision. Not young and single anymore.... Continue chasing that elusive dream or face reality and sellout to become a white collar paper pusher... I guess the only comfort in either of my decision is that I will still be in the same industry that I love.
If you're not young and single anymore. I think you should pick the steady job. #2
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #20705

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isMSPORT View Post
I say I don't care, I need you to stay outta my life to keep you safe. Please don't take this too hard. I can't keep you safe if you're too close to me, I love you please take care of yourself when I'm not around.
Whatever the situation is, keep your head up man. Stay safe.
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #20706
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 68 Posts
Btw. Bought a miata
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #20707
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
At a career crossroad...

There is calculated risk and gambling. Talk to the people that matter.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #20708
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Sept 2009 - hello
Dec 2009 - i like you
May 2010 - lets make it fb official!
mid 2011 - i love you
nov 2012 - set it free, if it comes back it's meant to be.
april 2013 - we can learn to love again
may 2013 - step #1
dec 2013 - i'm gonna marry you in 2016
may 2014 - you are the best
july 2014 - you, me and peter pan
nov 2014 - not again....
may 2015 - wish you were still around

they say the hardest things to say are the 'first hello' and the 'last goodbye'

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2015, 12:55 AM   #20709
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
Not bringing you anything back from my trip after I explicitly asked you twice out of thoughtfulness if you wanted anything, turning me into a bad guy for not bringing you back anything and calling me all sorts of immature names and how you're ashamed to have me in the family, then calling me out for going apeshit? What sane human being would NOT go apeshit?!

Piece of shit.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:28 AM   #20710

Failed 81 Times in 18 Posts
Met a Grill from vacation tour thing in China.
Grill is from America.
We exchange info.

What now......

Yes, a grill.
FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2015, 08:25 AM   #20711
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Failed 146 Times in 72 Posts

----------------------------------------------

Good long weekend.
#1 regret = should've sat in the sun more.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #20712

Failed 12 Times in 6 Posts
I am officially 6 months away from being disowned by my family. Anybody have a box I can live in?
Old 05-19-2015, 10:29 PM   #20713
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 51 Posts
beebs marrying someone family doesn't approve of? Or are you getting another tattoo in 6 mths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #20714
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post
I am officially 6 months away from being disowned by my family. Anybody have a box I can live in?
You wouldn't happen to need a box for two in 6 mths would you?

Anyways quitting smoking, patches don't work. Vape don't work. Last run when I quit for 7years took zyban and that worked.
So taking it again, while technically an anti depressant, it seems to be working, And haven't felt so normal in years.... Maybe I was technically depressed so I smoked and now I'm not depressed so I don't smoke.... Or maybe I'm just plain depressed. Fuck. I should stop mind fucking myself and just quit smoking. Fucking pills.
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:42 PM   #20715

tattoo. full sleeve. momma gonna kill me cuz i promised her no more. I LIED.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:32 AM   #20716
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post
tattoo. full sleeve. momma gonna kill me cuz i promised her no more. I LIED.
Going to take a pic and show us the tattoo?

Almost got kick out too but in the end it didn't happen. Parents just started seeing things from my point of view.

Maybe talk to your parents why you want to get tattoo? Maybe is to remember a close friend who have pass away? I am sure once they hear why you want a tattoo and though about it they won't try to kick you out?

But hey moving out and living on your own isn't so bad either.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #20717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Going to take a pic and show us the tattoo?

Almost got kick out too but in the end it didn't happen. Parents just started seeing things from my point of view.

Maybe talk to your parents why you want to get tattoo? Maybe is to remember a close friend who have pass away? I am sure once they hear why you want a tattoo and though about it they won't try to kick you out?

But hey moving out and living on your own isn't so bad either.
There's no reason other than I like the art. I have 3 already. I've also moved out before so that's nothing new. 29 years old and I'm still terrified of my mom when she's mad lol... She's tiny and full of rage. It's cute when you're not on the receiving end of it.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #20718

Feel so confused with what to do with the rest of my life. I could stick to my original plan and get my masters when I finish my undergrad but I'm not sure if I can handle going through 3+ more years of school..

On the other hand, I could join the VPD which has been my dream for a while now. But for that, I would have to completely change my life and not keep in touch with all of my closest friends and i'm not too sure if I can lose them especially with what i'm going through right now.

Constant tug-o-war going on in my head the past 6 months
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2015, 09:36 PM   #20719
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Failed 355 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
Feel so confused with what to do with the rest of my life. I could stick to my original plan and get my masters when I finish my undergrad but I'm not sure if I can handle going through 3+ more years of school..

On the other hand, I could join the VPD which has been my dream for a while now. But for that, I would have to completely change my life and not keep in touch with all of my closest friends and i'm not too sure if I can lose them especially with what i'm going through right now.

in the exact same situation... striving for VPD, but afraid of losing a good friend

every advancement i make towards my career is done with uncertainty 'cause i love the guy so much
Old 05-21-2015, 07:17 AM   #20720

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
in the exact same situation... striving for VPD, but afraid of losing a good friend

every advancement i make towards my career is done with uncertainty 'cause i love the guy so much
Yeah man I know exactly how you feel. It sucks but so worth it in the end haha. Hope to see you on the force one day
Old 05-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #20721
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post

Do what is best for you... don't do what's best for your friends. Friendships come and go, but the solid ones endure as you get older.
Tapioca is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #20722
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
Fucking stupid ass day at work. Stupid customers and being called out by management for a huge misunderstanding I knew nothing about.

[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #20723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Do what is best for you... don't do what's best for your friends. Friendships come and go, but the solid ones endure as you get older.
The thing is, they're all solid friendships that I can honestly see lasting forever. The only thing is that if I wanted to join, I would have to completely cut them out because of what they are involved in or have been involved in. But you're right, I have to do what's best for me, just really sucks.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:16 PM   #20724
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 69 Posts
To stay at current job that's 5 minutes away from my place with ancient facilities, unsteady management, but good people that ive met already OR to leave for a similar job that's 30 minutes away and start fresh but has far better facilities, better pay, and more chance of moving up?

Really dont know anymore. Might have to YOLO it

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:08 PM   #20725
God of Unce

Failed 285 Times in 103 Posts
I don't know how you got hired to be managing our projects. But you're certainly not getting respect from us til' you earn it.

You straight up BS'd on your resume with made up experiences along with being the youngest on our team.

We're not gonna take orders from a kid that's young as our summer interns. BS lack of experience will only show up, very soon.

Even tho it's been 3 weeks since I'm here. Co-workers and I have our eyes on you, kiddo.

... You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Last edited by Armind; 05-21-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Armind is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: