REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #20926
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Failed 504 Times in 165 Posts
with your sexy lines, that big butt with them round tail lights, that 6spd shifter and that transaxle in the back you are everything i need and more. SO WHY AREN'T YOU IN MY LIFE YET?

patience is such a bitch.

Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #20927
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Soooo... The super cute guy at work matched me on tinder. LOLOLOL OMG hard core school-girling ! Hehehe!
hedonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:44 PM   #20928
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
^
Sounds like an excellent idea I'd pursue that, what could go wrong?

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #20929
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,538 Times in 577 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 25 Posts
Fuck I need an 80s montage to speed things up. So close.

Spoiler!
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023 (sold)

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT) (sold)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020 (sold)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #20930
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,930 Times in 504 Posts
Failed 44 Times in 25 Posts
Fuck, one of my high school classmates recently died. Although I never really was close to him, he was super nice, funny and a good person with a good heart. It's crazy how delicate life is, cherish it and enjoy it to the max. Rest in peace.
kakucaekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #20931
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 23 Times in 3 Posts
Pursue your Happiness even if you need to lose things in order to achieve it, long run will make you happier then where you are now.
JShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #20932
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Failed 150 Times in 53 Posts
sometimes, silence is golden. that said, shut the fuck up.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:05 PM   #20933
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 23 Times in 3 Posts
I'm glad I did what I did.
illestchk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:13 PM   #20934
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 12 Times in 6 Posts
i'm so stressed out i may vomit.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:17 AM   #20935
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
TBT to one year ago...disneyland, vegas, socal
Woke up remembering you

Thank you for the 5 years

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by tiger_handheld; 07-16-2015 at 07:23 AM.
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 09:03 AM   #20936
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
I don't think it's possible to come back from what I've done. I have lost you forever. Someone that I saw the future so clearly with... now wants to destroy my future and wants nothing to do with me.

I really am a piece of shit.
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #20937
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Sign gf parents want 60k for the marriage (Chinese).
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #20938
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
^I'd rather give 60k than talk to a wall. Fuck, I feel like giving up.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:28 AM   #20939
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
I don't think it's possible to come back from what I've done. I have lost you forever. Someone that I saw the future so clearly with... now wants to destroy my future and wants nothing to do with me.

I really am a piece of shit.

no homo
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:40 AM   #20940
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 35 Posts
You're the one who made me feel the most welcomed when I first started working here and now you're lobbying for my dismissal for one mistake. Normally I'd say "fuck you bitch", but its my fault for having hopes up. My fault to once believing I was a part of something and not just another guy. There is disappointment only because there was hope
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #20941
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Failed 146 Times in 72 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spoiler!

Lately just been content with life. Still busy but slowing down everything for this last 7 weeks.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #20942
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 17 Times in 13 Posts
"What exactly do you want? You say you really want to see me and I make time for you, then you just bail last minute. Am i some accessory to you? Seriously, don't waste my time" /rant
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2015, 08:48 PM   #20943
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
^bruh, you talking about me?

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:57 AM   #20944
MiX iT Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
you have to pay the parents to marry the gf?
so the parents are selling their daughter?

did i read that right?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #20945
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
60k as a wedding gift? i would tell them to fook off.

45-50k for a good 30 tables in chinese restaurant
5-10k ring
5-8k for wedding videos etc.

what's this 60k they are asking.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:49 PM   #20946
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
you have to pay the parents to marry the gf?
so the parents are selling their daughter?

did i read that right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
60k as a wedding gift? i would tell them to fook off.

45-50k for a good 30 tables in chinese restaurant
5-10k ring
5-8k for wedding videos etc.

what's this 60k they are asking.
Well in most Chinese Culture the guys family usually give the girls family some money. This is done because the parents of the daughter raise the daughter up which cost money and now she is marry and will now help carry the guys' family man (assuming they have a baby and the baby last name will follow the guys family). The girls family wants something in return for raising their daughter up.

Times have change since then and from I gather in the past few years in China when the guy pays the girl family, the girl family will also give the guy family equal value of what he guys pay in the form of a new car, electronics for the new house, maybe down payment for their house depending on how much money they ask for.

For my case if they want 60k they will have to give me 60k of items. It is really dumb in a sense you literally gain nothing other than bragging rights to their family and friends how much they got. In reality they still have to pay that money out. Now I am little different because she is in China and I am in Vancouver so if I give her parents any money I don't expect them to give me anything in return as it would be really difficult for them to ship say a car or any electronics. Actually I don't want anything from them. They aren't exactly rich themselves (they live in a rural area of China) her brother got an apartment in the city boarder of Beijing. My guess is that mom wants the money tho help her brother pays for the mortgage of the apartment. Or they feel they get a ton for their daughter since she graduated form university. I am sorry but almost anyone can graduate from university these days. So is nothing special. They also don't understand that once their daughter arrive in Vancouver she ain't going to be making any money for at least 6months to a year till she goes to school and learn something or get use to Vancouver. i have no doubt her English is so so can get by since she study English but by no means is good. So even after a few years of working I don't feel she will be able to get a high paying job here which is fine.

Now what they don't realize times have change. I have a few friends who got marry here (from China as well) and the girl family didn't even ask for any money from the guy because they only want their daughter to be happy. They also don't realize there is something call "Internet" so is very very easy to search for wedding trends in China (In fact there is a website that list how much money you should give to the girls family according to the city they are from) and her city falls really back on the list and most people offer $4k to $10k) again this depends on what the girl side is given (sometimes the girl side gets nothing if the guy have to pay for everything wedding, apartment, car etc etc).

The excuse they give for asking for this much money also doesn't make any sense. First they say they will miss their daughter and won't get to see her often (often as in every other day or everyweek). Knowing my gf have been studying in another city for over 4years and she only goes back to visit once a year, I explain she can go back to visit every year as well when she is in Van so it makes little to no difference when she was in university. Then they said they are scare the marriage won't work out and their daughter need the money to start fresh in China if we were to break up. I just lol and told them if they feel the marriage won't work then I won't even bother to get marry since in their mind they already have such a negative though and it makes no sense to get marry and then divorce. I simply won't do it. I also mention the recent trends in wedding in China and how girl family actually pays the guy as well. So they were a bit surprise.

I basically stop talking about this whole marriage thing with them and the gf. I can play the waiting game and they can't. Once you reach 28 and still isn't marry as a girl in China the whole society will think something is wrong with you and no one will really want to marry you. Another funny is they actually want to apply for a Visa to come visit Vancouver and see if it is safe here and if their daughter will like it here. I guess they didn't know how hard is it for them to get a Visa. So I kept quiet and let them try only for their application to be deny and the custom laughing their ass off with their application (they have very little savings, doesn't own a property and they are into their 50s). At this point I am just going to take a back seat and enjoy my time spend with my gf.

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 07-18-2015 at 01:01 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2015, 11:29 PM   #20947

I know wht you're talking about. What seems to be wrong is the money figure.

For hongers, it's a bit different, they don't get the exact 60k worth back. Hongers give a figure and the mother and father in law "returns 1/2 the favor" back to the groom.

Tradition is groom puts money in envelope and inside there is another envelope. When you give them the 60k, they are suppose to return the favor and give half of it back. True legit and traditional methods.

Guy 1) 500 bucks Canadian which is TOOO low.
2) $2000 cdn
3) $5000 Cdn

no where in HELL have i ever hear of 60k. Nothing against you, but if this is the case. STOP talking about the wedding and let it marinade for a few years. Each time when the issue comes up, tell them you can't fork out the 60k. The girl will realize it's BS, the mom will realize it's BS and as the time ticking clock comes on, the figure will go away.

WHEN that does happen, MAKE sure you tell your gf "hey, by moving forward in planning in a wedding, you know that i am NOT able to give you 60 K right..."
she will reluctantly agree as the bio clock clicks and you have just WON the entire process.

I've done something very similar and it's the ONLY way to go above this.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #20948
MiX iT Up!

I thought this dowry bullshit was long gone... looks like it's still around...maybe because its rural china? Is this common in cities like Shanghai, Beijing or Hong Kong?

Old 07-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #20949

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I thought this dowry bullshit was long gone... looks like it's still around...maybe because its rural china? Is this common in cities like Shanghai, Beijing or Hong Kong?
Is still around in China, Hong Kong and Vancouver. But in most case is more like a symbolic amount. My sister who got marry in Dec my mom didn't receive any money nor ask for any. She knows my sister will be happy and that's more important than any amount money. My sister give my mom $5k as a good gesture. Another friend who got marry here give the girl mom #1314 as a symbolic amount for "forever". I am pretty sure in Canada is somewhat change and in Hong Kong and China you still have to pay a decent amount but no where near what I ask to pay lol.

My though was that since my gf's family came from a rural part of China to them they are still very traditional and because they raise their daughter up they deserve the money (after all raising a child cost a lot of money and effort).

My gf on the other have been studying in a more modern city, seems more and is not that traditional so to her the money is not as important and she also feels the amount her mom ask for ridiculous. However, she also feels she is stuck in the middle which is making things difficult for her. She is moving out pretty out (in a few weeks) and hopefully this will make her feel less stressful.

Funny things is her mom always think that when we were traveling in China in June we rented 2 rooms lol. I would love to see her face when she sees the box of condoms in my gf's suitcase and all those "toys" we play with
Old 07-19-2015, 07:38 PM   #20950

people CHOOSE to be whatever they want to be in their advantage. ESP. when it comes to money.

"oh, I'm CBC, i'm not a honger, I'm far from being asian, i'm so white washed"

when it comes to wedding...

"Your dad is going to pay for the wedding reception right?" .....
"oh, my family is asian so we expect the groom to pay"

FUCK you bitch.