REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-02-2018, 05:21 AM   #23926
I STILL don't get it

Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Snowflakes? Really??? And generalizing all men? You sound like a femin-nzai (man hater/loves to oppress men, etc)
Dude seriously. If youre offended by a snowflake comment i made in general then maybe you really are and need to chill out? If it didnt resonate with you, you wouldnt have been so defensive.

The literal people I was talking about was:
1. a 35+ year old man who constantly complains that he doesnt really have people to chill with cuz all his friends have kids. But when i did go to hang out with him like a normal person he trapped me in his car and fucking GROPED me after i repeatedly said/screamed NO STOP. I knew him for 3 years before he did this.
2. A 40+ year old man who cheats on all his girlfriends then wonders why I dont ever talk to or hang out with him? Because obviously I think hes creepy af???

These dudes are 30+ yrs old and complain women dont treat them right. They are snowflakes, yes. Men who think the world and women should bend in their favor.

Maybe next time ask me before you reply and call me something you have no idea about.

I experienced something no woman ever should have and I was afraid to stop him because we were in an enclosed space and he could have hurt me. I didnt really think I had to relive it by explaining it, i was venting generally. But here I am.

Like I said, Ive always been direct and Ive always quoted you guys directly in here when Im ACTUALLY talking to you and/or commenting on something one of you said in this thread.

Last edited by MSREE; 04-02-2018 at 05:27 AM.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:24 AM   #23927
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
MSREE - You are a lie and a waste of time.

Magic Fix? That shit is called DRUGS.

#AprilFools

[In all seriousness, don't do drugs. They are bad for you.]
Its april 2nd, you uncultured swine!
Old 04-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #23928
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
Hello, I'm in Luxembourg City

So there goes my life
Passing by with every exit sign
It's been so long
Sometimes I wonder how I will stay strong
No sleep tonight
I'll keep on driving these dark highway lines
And as the moon fades
One more night gone only twenty more days
Old 04-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #23929
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 68 Posts
---

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:44 AM.
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2018, 04:05 PM   #23930
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
^ Actually, i find smoking weed and drinking alcohol helps

but those are really "drugs"
So is Advil. But after July 1, hopefully, weed won't be a drug anymore

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #23931
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Failed 104 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
So is Advil. But after July 1, hopefully, weed won't be a drug anymore

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The pending decision on the legalization of marijuana/weed won't change whether it is a drug or not.

Legalized -> it will have a DIN and still be a drug, albeit regulated.

Not Legalized -> still a drug
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:47 PM   #23932

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
Thoughts about girls who don’t read messages (like 2-3 business day kind of delay lol), but do end up replying in complete and cohesive sentences that are actually relevant to the conversation (not one word things that are obviously meant to brush you off).

Has also OK’d to coffee via message and has invited you out to go biking even though you have never explicitly asked (after having a lengthy conversation about bikes).

Not expecting anything, I’m just curious what everyone’s opinion is.

Context: work in the same mall and we’ve been in the same class and I always secretly admired her. Visited her one day on my break while she was working, very briefly talked and when I was walking out I turned back to say bye and noticed she was blushing quite hard.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back

Last edited by Akinari; 04-04-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:33 PM   #23933
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Thoughts about girls who don’t read messages (like 2-3 business day kind of delay lol), but do end up replying in complete and cohesive sentences that are actually relevant to the conversation (not one word things that are obviously meant to brush you off).

Has also OK’d to coffee via message and has invited you out to go biking even though you have never explicitly asked (after having a lengthy conversation about bikes).

When me and my hubs were getting to know each other, we had scheduled a date a month after we initially connected online. During that month, he tried to keep in contact with me fairly regularly and I was horrible at it.
Id message him back usually super late when I got home from work cuz I was working at the club and mid convos id fall asleep, so Id disappear until the next day and he was always left hanging lol.

I was interested but not so much I checked for him every hour. I did give explanations for my shotty contact skills though lol.

Personally, i know lots of girls, when theyre single just focus on work, eating and sleeping then repeat the next day.

Dating requires a certain energy, courting stage even more so. Could be shes responding when she can/has the energy for it. Doesnt necessarily signal disinterest since you dont know yet what her day to day responsibilities are
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #23934

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
When me and my hubs were getting to know each other, we had scheduled a date a month after we initially connected online. During that month, he tried to keep in contact with me fairly regularly and I was horrible at it.
Id message him back usually super late when I got home from work cuz I was working at the club and mid convos id fall asleep, so Id disappear until the next day and he was always left hanging lol.

I was interested but not so much I checked for him every hour. I did give explanations for my shotty contact skills though lol.

Personally, i know lots of girls, when theyre single just focus on work, eating and sleeping then repeat the next day.

Dating requires a certain energy, courting stage even more so. Could be shes responding when she can/has the energy for it. Doesnt necessarily signal disinterest since you dont know yet what her day to day responsibilities are
Thanks! Basically the same response I’ve received from my two other close female friends who I’ve inquired about the same thing. Especially her being a student and finals seasons and telling me she works basically everyday so, I can definitely see that being draining, I’ve been there done that.

It was just pretty surprising she would suggest we go do something together that we’ve talked about even though I’ve never asked so that was nice.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Old 04-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #23935
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! Basically the same response I’ve received from my two other close female friends who I’ve inquired about the same thing. Especially her being a student and finals seasons and telling me she works basically everyday so, I can definitely see that being draining, I’ve been there done that.

It was just pretty surprising she would suggest we go do something together that we’ve talked about even though I’ve never asked so that was nice.
don't let the interest fade but also don't be too clingy.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2018, 09:16 PM   #23936
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
I went to Japan and did the standard tourism shit in Tokyo. It was relaxing and a different experience, but whoever said travel lets you learn a few things about the world and yourself was a liar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Totally disagree with this, but I guess it also depends on the person, so ymmv.
It took travelling alone, lotsa partying, scootering across a country and meeting a ton of new people to find myself.

Not some touristy trap shit.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]

Last edited by Gerbs; 04-04-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:01 AM   #23937
うに

---

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:31 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #23938
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

I myself wouldnt make plans for another hang out until the first is over with so i think her invitation is a good sign, sounds like she's into it
When is coffee scheduled for?

Do guys still pay for dates nowadays? Or is the dating culture now more independent/go dutch type of style?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #23939
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Failed 161 Times in 60 Posts
Not telling co-workers and shutting off social media walls and messengers to sweep my own birthday under the rug was a good idea. No obligation to respond to people who genuinely don't give a fuck. Now that it's the other side of 25, there's even less fucks to give.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #23940
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
^ i've done that for a few years now what even better is when you start plotting people's bday on calendars with yrly reminders.

The happy bday goes a long way when their bday doesn't come up on FB and u wish them one. *bonus brownie pts
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #23941
うに

----

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:32 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #23942
うに

---

This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #23943

Quote:
I myself wouldnt make plans for another hang out until the first is over with so i think her invitation is a good sign, sounds like she's into it
When is coffee scheduled for?
The challenging thing is even if I reply to her message a 1-2 minutes after she sends me a message, she won't reply for another day or two, so setting things up is difficult.

The most challenging thing is asking if she's at work today (even though she has said she basically works everyday) and seeing if I could drop by and look at some clothes (which I actually need to do, would be nice if she got the commission too), but then she doesn't respond until a day or two later.

I did walk into the store to browse clothes myself yesterday, also to see if she was there but she wasn't, but it's pretty creepy for me to constantly walk in to see if she's there, also I can't be bothered because the store I work at is at the opposite end of the mall so...

I don't really wanna agonize over this, it's really just a matter of asking her when she's free for coffee, or asking her if she wants to check out a cafe I've been meaning to visit with me, but I don't really wanna do it electronically given her reluctance to reply, especially since we've had good albeit brief conversations face-to-face.

So really, at the end of the day, since she's already said yes to coffee, it's just a matter of setting a time with her in-person, but I'm struggling because I don't want to make it seem like I'm desperate or creepy in any way shape or form by constantly walking into her store to see if she's there, which I'm not at all, but there's still a bit of self-consciousness required in situations like this.

It's my first time doing something like this so, this is a learning experience for me.

Quote:
Do guys still pay for dates nowadays? Or is the dating culture now more independent/go dutch type of style?
Depends. I've experienced it all three ways: go dutch, girl pays, or I pay. The actual paying part doesn't matter as much as his/her attitude towards it.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #23944
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Failed 161 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
I've also been doing this for years.

This year, a total of 4 people said Happy Birthday to me, and it wasn't even the 4 people who i thought would of remembered.

My bestfriend said he "too busy" to wish me a Happy Birthday so he messaged me a day later, even though he had texted me on my birthday about something else.

My ex girlfriend was 11 days early - I didn't correct her, all I said was Thanks.

pretty shitty birthday this year if you ask me. Guess that's what happens when you piss off one of your good friends by platonically hanging out with a girl he slept with a few times

and crashing your other best friend's car a week before .... (small parking damage)

/Rant

being 26 sucks!
Five people here not counting family. One who caught me on an old post before I wiped everything, a coworker who caught that, and three people who remembered. All I did to celebrate was claim free birthday food.

Again, told me who actually gave a shit.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:35 AM   #23945
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
In the span of less than 2 weeks, three different people I've known have passed away. Messed up
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:02 AM   #23946
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
I've always hated b-days. Never liked the attention. My friends genuinely wanted to see me and celebrate; and I respect that. That was 5 yrs ago. Now, I openly reserve a table at some Chinese restaurant annually and we eat like kings. I pick up the tab as always on my bday to thank them for dealing with me for all these years ahahhaha.

it's been great.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2018, 11:48 AM   #23947
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:

One thing I learn is when I send a message if they don't reply just leave it at that. I know some girls like to play games and purposely not reply you (pointing at the people who use what'sapp I can see if you read your message). Simply I stop messaging till you reply.

I hate it when people play games is like sure if you are busy and doesn't have time to read your message 24/7.

A friend invited me to this dating group in wechat and my god too many people wanted to message me (I was actually surprise that there so many single successful females out there.). Before than I went to a few social events with her (it was more like just lunch with some fun activities). Most girls were pretty decent but the guys is just seems like they were not on same level as these girls. Maybe that's why there is so many single girls out there?

Went to a speed dating event with some friends to have fun and again I would say 80% of the guys don't deserve a date lol. One came in and was totally drunk, one was dress like a bum.......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #23948
うに

--

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #23949
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
please add me in said wechat group

time to get me another chinawhore
You need to type Chinese. Also just so you know the girls are pretty direct. They basically ask all your personal question IE what yours job, how much you make, any property you own? When do you plan to get marry, want to have kids. etc etc etc...
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:15 PM   #23950

Bit the bullet and swooped in for her number.

Happened to walk by her store and she was standing right by the entrance, went up to her, made some small talk about work, then asked her again if she had two finals this upcoming week, she confirmed that was the case. I then acknowledged that she would be busy and I wanted her to focus on her finals, and asked if we could get bubble tea together after she’s done finals, she said yes.

I handed my phone to her already on the dial screen, told her we should text instead of using fb message (long story, my buddy was stupid and didn’t initially give her my number). Then I completely derped and asked her to text me, totally not realizing that she doesn’t have my number LOL.

So I texted her and said this better not be Pizza Hut, and told her how I derped

I swear I was a nervous wreck.