REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-24-2018, 10:56 PM   #24151
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
Not that anyone I knew noticed, but there's a nice feeling of quitting facebook to reveal who decided to keep in touch...even if its for one-sided favors that I know I will never get a return on.

At least the main thing blowing up my phone is Chinese robocalls instead of seeing facebook bullshit from people that toss you away once they're done with you.
It's good you made that move!

I rarely ever use Facebook now. The initial reason for me to do it is really just how bulky it has become. A couple of years ago, it was a lot cleaner and I used to check it every day. Now, meh.

And then there are the articles people share. Tried to read the comments and realized how cancerous it is.

I had a discussion with my roommate recently. He thinks that Facebook may be slowly dying, and he said his younger brother and kids of his age in high school use Instagram(which I don't have and don't plan to have) nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSREE View Post
I think its more comes down to your values and what you determine as successful by your standards no?

I was never able to finish school because my parents couldnt afford it and I worked customer service for a long time and I helped my family as much as I could. I may not be successful but Ive always prided myself in being able to help my parents and pay for family dinners when 30 of us get together. When I visited my brother who is 6 years older than me, i was able to pay for everything we did and buy him groceries for after I left. Now hes making better money, he buys me gifts from Holt Renfrew and I dont even shop there for myself lol. When I go out with my friends, I pay the whole bill and Ill do it happily. So when I havent been able to work, everybody remembered that and they didnt hesitate in taking care of me when they invite me out.
My hubs made minimum wage when I met him but I helped him and when he got promoted, I was able to not work for 2 years now.

Just because a somebody works in retail/customer service doesnt mean theyre useless. They might have their money right, a good head on their shoulders and treat people in their life very well, and who are you to judge them as a person based on the title of their job?

I think its more about who the person is on the inside. Id rather have a SO with the same values as me than someone who's successful on paper but our values dont align. Just my opinion though
Agreed that not everyone working at a retail is shitty. I can usually tell when someone gives a shit or not at a retail.

UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:54 PM   #24152
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
She ended things. Which we all know I was tempted to do anyway. I'm not too upset over it considering I want it to be worth it if I'm going to risk heartbreak. (The last time it happened, I was seriously suicidal in a toxic fucked up limbo undefined thing for 2 years, then it took me 3 years to recover)

Also I'm way too happy about my car not rubbing anymore and the window being fixed to be sad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2018, 07:15 AM   #24153
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Been seeing this women for 2 weeks now. Everything is great and we connect really well. Maybe coz she is older (3 years older) so she see things differently than girls of my age or younger. Her personality is really nice, easy to talk to and connect to. She also have her career set straight.

Last night at my place we really felt a great connection and I could tell she wanted to move forward in terms on physical connection.

Now here is the deal she have a son that's 5 years old. From her story was that she dated this guy back then and I guess no protection was use and they have a baby. Guy bail out on her and went with another woman. So they never officially marry or anything like that.

I mean my family knew about her (weird we went to see the circus with her son ended up eating at a restaurant where my cousin's wife works and so my parents knows about it). They aren't too happy with me dating someone who have kids. They already express it that they don't like it but they feel is my life so is up to me to decide what's best and I will have to bare the responsibility. They respect my decsion.

Have anyone here dated anyone with kids? From the way she teach her kid it seems she a pretty laid back parent but does have rules in place.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:44 AM   #24154
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
But most girls in Van are just shallow, and idk if I'm expecting too much at 21 for people to actually understand having responsibilities and a drive to succeed/improve. I hate stagnation.
City: Vancouver

Lol good luck.

As others have said above, I find the majority of young Vancouver girls, ESPECIALLY Asian girls, have ridiculously unrealistic expectations of life. I find that a great majority of Vancouver girls just want to "flex for the 'gram", party their 20s away, and find a rich guy to "settle down" with and finance her Louis Vuitton, eat-sleep-rave, base model CLA250 lifestyle.

I'm 25, and even now I don't see that many girls with serious goals and ambitions. Lots of girls I see just want to party and have fun and make $15/hour for the rest of their life. To each their own, but girls like that aren't my type.... would rather be alone lol.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2018, 08:40 AM   #24155

Thanked 4,129 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
You're 21, aren't you overthinking about your qualities of your SO?

Chances are you're not gonna get married, just enjoy the romance. You can worry about that shit when you're 30 and weeding out the sugarbabies.

If you actually hit it off, you hit if off... you don't have to worry about petty shit like this. If you worry about this stuff, you guys are not a match.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2018, 12:03 PM   #24156

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
She ended things. Which we all know I was tempted to do anyway. I'm not too upset over it considering I want it to be worth it if I'm going to risk heartbreak. (The last time it happened, I was seriously suicidal in a toxic fucked up limbo undefined thing for 2 years, then it took me 3 years to recover)

Also I'm way too happy about my car not rubbing anymore and the window being fixed to be sad.

You'll be happier spending your time/money on modding your car at your age and enjoying your youth. If thing work out, they work out, don't force it.

Chills broooo haha!
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #24157
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 68 Posts
---

Last edited by PK-EK; 10-14-2021 at 10:34 AM.
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:52 PM   #24158

I'm having an internal dilemma on if I'm actually a good person. I say that I'm not a fuckboy, but the things that cross my mind are pretty fuckboy-ish.

Some of my hard requirements is no playing games and no cheating. But like I almost feel like I make those a requirement for others, so I don't resort to doing it. It's also why defining the relationship is important to me. If we're exclusive, I don't fuck around - 100% committed. On the other hand, if we're not exclusive, I do whatever the fuck I want, including flirting with others, playing games, or "cheating" to an extent - but cheating is justified because it's not exclusive, so it's not cheating.

Another example of me being a bad person is that if things end between us, I'll pretend it's all good. But I'll mess with your subconscious, and make you regret not sticking around/not able to forget me.

I probably am a terrible person and my whole life is a lie LOL.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:26 PM   #24159
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Been seeing this women for 2 weeks now. Everything is great and we connect really well. Maybe coz she is older (3 years older) so she see things differently than girls of my age or younger. Her personality is really nice, easy to talk to and connect to. She also have her career set straight.

Last night at my place we really felt a great connection and I could tell she wanted to move forward in terms on physical connection.

Now here is the deal she have a son that's 5 years old. From her story was that she dated this guy back then and I guess no protection was use and they have a baby. Guy bail out on her and went with another woman. So they never officially marry or anything like that.

I mean my family knew about her (weird we went to see the circus with her son ended up eating at a restaurant where my cousin's wife works and so my parents knows about it). They aren't too happy with me dating someone who have kids. They already express it that they don't like it but they feel is my life so is up to me to decide what's best and I will have to bare the responsibility. They respect my decsion.

Have anyone here dated anyone with kids? From the way she teach her kid it seems she a pretty laid back parent but does have rules in place.
depending on the kid; it has it's pros and cons. I honestly would keep the kid out of the picture.
1) spend time to see if you have connection first.
2) you have to be understanding as a dude (if she bails due to kid responsibilities, not having a baby sister, you gotta be understanding)
3) Kid > you, get used to it.
4) until you defined the relationship where you two are committed for a solid 3 months, then you intro yourself to the kids life.

last thing you want is to fuck up the kid's life. All in all, DTR, Define the Relationship, and you also gotta define who you are in front of the kid. Then you gotta deal with the real dad.. etc.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:17 AM   #24160
I STILL don't get it

Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
I woke up at 4am excited to pick up my parcels from the post office when it opens at 9am.

How old am I? Lol
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #24161
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
depending on the kid; it has it's pros and cons. I honestly would keep the kid out of the picture.
1) spend time to see if you have connection first.
2) you have to be understanding as a dude (if she bails due to kid responsibilities, not having a baby sister, you gotta be understanding)
3) Kid > you, get used to it.
4) until you defined the relationship where you two are committed for a solid 3 months, then you intro yourself to the kids life.

last thing you want is to fuck up the kid's life. All in all, DTR, Define the Relationship, and you also gotta define who you are in front of the kid. Then you gotta deal with the real dad.. etc.
1. Update we been spending a lot of time together. Like every other day? Sometimes is just a short swing by to say hi and while she wait for her kid after school lesson we just sit there and chat. We basically chat about anything our past, embrassing moments and we both just laugh about it.

2 and 3. I been with her kids 4 times now I think and so far he really likes me. Maybe coz I still have an inner child we tend to play a lot, sports, swimming, catting about movies etc etc. He is polite.She does put her kid in line if he gets too carry away (Ie we were at the swimming pool playing and we were splashing water after a while I just wanted to stop and talk to her but her kid won't stop. She step in and tell him no more and he listens quite well). But like you said kid will always come first but at least she try to be fair. She actually wanted a baby girl. I was ok with not having kids but she really wanted a baby girl.

4. Kinda of too late Already been with her kid a few times.

A little background story she actually did not get marry. What happen was she meet her ex bf back in China but after a while her family immigrant here. She came as well and ask her ex to come as well. But her ex didn't want to leave coz he a decent job etc etc but wouldn't let her go. So they kinda of dated long distance. She finally convince her ex to come here as well but they were not marry yet so he apply alone to come here. He came here but they weren't living together yet she was going back and forth with her business in China so didn't really spend too much with him. They had a baby but it was mostly being taken care of by her side of the family. One day he just told her I found someone that I like more and just left. So the kid haven't seen his father at all or meet him. She was pretty shock coz she though they were going to get marry once his immigrant status is approve.

We are taking things slow but we just have this great connection so far. We could literally chat for hours. Anyways she still feel a bit disconfort and worry about how my family will see her. I arrange a casual dim sum with her and my parents this weekend. Everything should be fine my parents don't care much at all as long as I am happy and I am going to be the one to deal with it (I talk to my parents as well didn't want any surprise on their part.).

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 05-29-2018 at 08:52 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2018, 07:59 AM   #24162
I STILL don't get it

Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
I'm having an internal dilemma on if I'm actually a good person. I say that I'm not a fuckboy, but the things that cross my mind are pretty fuckboy-ish.

Some of my hard requirements is no playing games and no cheating. But like I almost feel like I make those a requirement for others, so I don't resort to doing it. It's also why defining the relationship is important to me. If we're exclusive, I don't fuck around - 100% committed. On the other hand, if we're not exclusive, I do whatever the fuck I want, including flirting with others, playing games, or "cheating" to an extent - but cheating is justified because it's not exclusive, so it's not cheating.

Another example of me being a bad person is that if things end between us, I'll pretend it's all good. But I'll mess with your subconscious, and make you regret not sticking around/not able to forget me.

I probably am a terrible person and my whole life is a lie LOL.
bro you're 21, nobody is expecting you to date to marry at this point. you're basically dating now for the experience and learning what kind of person you are and what you want for your future.

id say learn now how to let relationships/people go with grace, practice every time to genuinely wish the person well and move on with your life in the most healthy way possible.
it's harder when you get older and set in your ways. what you're doing is what i've seen crazy girls do that i used to be friends with and even i've done it to certain guys i completely lost my shit over. i look back at it now filled with regret lol.

you will never miss an opportunity/experience/person/relationship that is TRULY meant for you.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2018, 08:53 AM   #24163
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 16 Times in 11 Posts
inb4 "can you sponsor my cousin?" turns out to be her bf
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2018, 09:43 AM   #24164

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperfied View Post
inb4 "can you sponsor my cousin?" turns out to be her bf
I ain't going to sponsor anyone lol. She can do that herself. Beside her business seems to be doing well so use that the sponsor.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:43 AM   #24165

I think if anything, I should start making some lifestyle changes. Clearly, I'm not happy with myself right now. My spending habits (stupid BMW) are terrible. I've been having some trouble sleeping, I sleep at 10 or 11PM and wake up at 3 or 4AM. I think it's associated with my choice in nutrition.

I'm 5'8", used to be 160lbs at 16% body fat, I haven't weighed myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm pushing 190 at 25% body fat. When other people joke about my weight, idgaf. But really, I'm not happy with where I am. And I think i need to start making changes.

It sucks tho, because I used to be able to squat 3 plates. Then the car accident happened and I neglected my rehab because all I wanted to do was continue squatting heavy. Haven't been to the gym in 3 years. And to start that all over again from the bar is pretty shitty.

I can understand why when I told people to just go to the gym, people don't care what you look like, AND they were STILL reluctant. I get it now. Just cause others don't care, you will.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2018, 11:41 AM   #24166
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
Nervous. :3
Old 05-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #24167

What do you guys use to set goals and make sure you stay on top of it

Old 05-29-2018, 04:40 PM   #24168
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:

I use to use a white board for like day to day goals which consisted of simple stuff. It would consist of realistic goals that can be done on the same day but will see benefits over time. I recall most of them were related to lifting, school, or eating. But honestly everything is kind of on auto-pilot now, with work from 8:00 to 16:30, then school from 18:30 to 21:30. I'm happy to make it through the day.

I can recall:
  • Increase weights by 5lbs for Deadlift.
  • Finish assignment for x course.
  • Make lunch/dinner for next 3 days and put into containers.
  • Buy groceries.
  • Code for an hour.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]

Last edited by Gerbs; 05-29-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2018, 12:14 AM   #24169
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,779 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 61 Posts
i wish i could go back to Cancun...where i said hello and we talked..where i could just be me and you be you.. It was an awesome week spent with you, but it was nice to feel "something" again. I hope you sometimes think about me back in Texas...perhaps we shall cross path one day again ? Thank you for showing me that there are some awesome people in this world that can make your life a little better

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2018, 12:24 AM   #24170

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:

remember what you're doing currently is wasteful,unfulfilling if its nothing and that you have to do something positive with a purpose with your time.

i randomly felt happy i was washing two cars and even doing maintenance with oil changes,air filter and cabin filter...i guess i kind of thought it was rewarding to myself getting shit done when its needed.

just made a strong mental note to jump up and do it now,cause i might pass it off if I "forget" or Go back to wasting time with something i didn't feel all okay with like wasting time on video games...heh...also my strange perfectionist itch got scratched knowing i had all the right tools in front of me,enough sleep & rest that i was ready to tackle it.

What can you Do that matters?...Hmm
Old 05-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #24171
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,509 Times in 959 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
When I fall off the gym wagon. I always had negative thoughts on how long it would take yourself to get back to x weight. Whether it may be 1 plate bench, 3 plate squat, 4 plate deadlift. The time will pass anyways. So you might as well hop back on and slowly work your way back up. I did find the second time around you gets your gains back significantly faster

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #24172

This will be my 3rd time starting over. Given that I've gained some significant weight (dirty bulk) I'm tempted to go back to powerlifting bc I got the perfect foundation.

But I also want to lose weight, and you don't lose weight by powerlifting. I think the hardest part for me will be keeping myself in check.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:58 PM   #24173
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
I’ve had too many lovers. Not enough love
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:00 PM   #24174

Tomorrow she is meeting my parents.... feeling a bit nervous..... although I know my parents are nice people and don't interfere with what I do (especially with my love life). This time it felt different. In the past I haven't even bring any of my ex to meet my parents before..... this time I actually care enough to try to understand why she is worry ><. Is this the one......

We click so well...... but if she turns out not the right person sigh.... I don't know.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:41 PM   #24175
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,779 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 61 Posts
All these motherfuckers so false with me
If your money funny, don't talk to me
I know there ain't shit that you could offer me
Take a second if you think about crossing me
It lasts forever, you should try a sample
Baby I'm the boss like I'm Tony Danza
Everybody trying to tell me what I stand for