REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 06-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #4476
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 9 Times in 4 Posts
haha that exact thing happened to me. Second semester, R was in my BUEC class, he was being a creeper and saw I was on RS and was looking to see what I was posting. Trying to find some RSers in my new classes, but dont think there are any. Just start creeping people when they are on their laptops or phones in lecture,and you are bound to find one at least
Advertisement
Strzelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #4477
G
Banned (BBM)

Failed 86 Times in 39 Posts
I ain't a creeper yo. It just so happened that I saw a white boy on clublexus and im like "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat rich white boiiii?" then you went on RS and i'm like "wait wut."
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #4478

Quote:
Originally Posted by R View Post
I ain't a creeper yo. It just so happened that I saw a white boy on clublexus and im like "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat rich white boiiii?" then you went on RS and i'm like "wait wut."
Haha just so happened to see white boy on clublexus by creeping :P
Old 06-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #4479
G
Banned (BBM)

Failed 86 Times in 39 Posts
I ain't gonna focus on Dobson during the lecture so I try to hunt chicks. You got in my way.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #4480
degenerate extraordinaire

Failed 30 Times in 20 Posts
^ what's with all this BS? face it, you're a creeper.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #4481
sas
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 17 Times in 3 Posts
Did anyone see a silver DC5 with replica mugen parts banged up in the visitors b lot? Front bumper was pretty much on the pavement and all banged up. Weird that the driver wouldn't rip off the bumper and put in the car.

Hope it wasn't a hit and run.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #4482
The Shopaholic

Failed 6 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
whats wrong with surrey campus? its a lot nicer and better to study at. aside from the fact your in surrey..
Lolz I think it's the fact of the weird people in Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
really? Im totally opposite, I think imma go to surrey for my next semester, and leave burnaby. - its too depressing and cold at night -______-
I love the burnaby one, but I think I like it more because I like driving to Burnaby more than Surrey.

<3My Feedback (5-0-0)
Yushimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #4483
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 36 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi View Post
Lolz I think it's the fact of the weird people in Surrey

I love the burnaby one, but I think I like it more because I like driving to Burnaby more than Surrey.
I prefer Burnaby too... the drive is better, the view is better, and more quiet nooks and crannies in which I can study.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #4484
RS controls my life!

Failed 130 Times in 29 Posts
^ yo cars, you still working at RIM? how'd the work term go?
ASG111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #4485

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASG111 View Post
^ yo cars, you still working at RIM? how'd the work term go?
back at school now... 21 credits. work term was pretty good though, pretty interesting work, ottawa wasn't as boring as I thought it'd be, and it was nice to have a couple grand added to my bank account every two weeks.

i'm campus ambassador for RIM this summer so if anyone's looking for fall co-op with RIM... PM me

got a fall placement in richmond... really not looking forward to driving through new west and across queensborough every day at rush hour.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #4486
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 190 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsncars View Post
back at school now... 21 credits. work term was pretty good though, pretty interesting work, ottawa wasn't as boring as I thought it'd be, and it was nice to have a couple grand added to my bank account every two weeks.

i'm campus ambassador for RIM this summer so if anyone's looking for fall co-op with RIM... PM me

got a fall placement in richmond... really not looking forward to driving through new west and across queensborough every day at rush hour.
wtf! you get paid $4000 per month at RIM!?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #4487

well, a little less than that, i rounded. but still on the healthy side of the 3K's

though i think i might have to pay BC income tax next year because they only deducted federal off my paycheques.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #4488
Certified Troll: Access Removed

Failed 63 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas View Post
Did anyone see a silver DC5 with replica mugen parts banged up in the visitors b lot? Front bumper was pretty much on the pavement and all banged up. Weird that the driver wouldn't rip off the bumper and put in the car.

Hope it wasn't a hit and run.
LOL

That car is fugly

Dude probably ram'd something with that auto power.
BD2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:10 AM   #4489
RS controls my life!

Quote:

i'm interested but with RIM it seems like it's always > than 4 months. Either 8 months or 12 months at least... and i don't know if I have that time to spare.

Whose your Fall placement with if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #4490

Quote:
i'm interested but with RIM it seems like it's always > than 4 months. Either 8 months or 12 months at least... and i don't know if I have that time to spare.

Whose your Fall placement with if you don't mind me asking?
nah, they have plenty of 4 month placements--mine was a 4 month. of course for more involved positions they want 8 months because the "ramp-up" time is much longer (it really took me like 1-2 months to even be competent in the basics of my job). if you want 4 months you have to be more willing to take the test automation positions or less project-driven development positions. hardware engineering they'll usually want 8 months. i would just apply and worry about the 8 month thing when you get to the offers stage.

if you do state you want 4 months and you've applied to a position that says "4-8 months", they're usually cool with that, but it will make them happy if you say you're open to extending to 8 months if the position works out (which tonnes of people end up doing--RIM is a pretty enjoyable place to work).

fall co-op with kardium... small company, biomedical stuff should be a good experience
Old 06-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #4491
RS controls my life!

anyone ever taken BUS 316 With Jorge? Need some help with the midterm =(
Old 06-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #4492
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys...I have a quick question I would like to ask...so I have class at 8:30am-11:20am in surrey campus for 3hrs straight....do you guys know of any free parking spots that are in the area that I could park for 3hrs for free?

Thanks!
Salzuberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #4493
Hopeless Romantic

Failed 12 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzuberg View Post
Hey guys...I have a quick question I would like to ask...so I have class at 8:30am-11:20am in surrey campus for 3hrs straight....do you guys know of any free parking spots that are in the area that I could park for 3hrs for free?

Thanks!
Your best bet is to try parking on P2 as that's employee parking and the least monitored... But tbh I have a 3 hour lecture at surrey campus every weds and I just park on P3/P4 if I can find a spot. It is 3 hour parking, and it's not lke they tag your car the second you pull into the lot....

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #4494
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanner_ View Post
Your best bet is to try parking on P2 as that's employee parking and the least monitored... But tbh I have a 3 hour lecture at surrey campus every weds and I just park on P3/P4 if I can find a spot. It is 3 hour parking, and it's not lke they tag your car the second you pull into the lot....
I get what you mean, I do park there w/o a pass last semester too...the thing that worries me is that the mall opens at 10am and I park there at 8:30....do they check even be4 mall opens?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #4495
Hopeless Romantic

Failed 12 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
I get what you mean, I do park there w/o a pass last semester too...the thing that worries me is that the mall opens at 10am and I park there at 8:30....do they check even be4 mall opens?
They do sometimes check before the mall opens, I've gotten a ticket once when I was parked there from like 8-5 and they noted that I had arrived at 9 something. On the other hand, I have parked there a number of times for 3+ hours and gone to the gym and have even parked there all day without a ticket.

If you're really nervous you can repark your car on your break during lecture... But you should honestly be fine so long as you leave after class.

2002 Acura RSX (Sold)
1993 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo I (Sold)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII (Daily Driven)
jtanner_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #4496

Quote:

Thanks!
If you wanna be totally sure, park at Save On or somewhere else and just walk a little bit, although you should be fine.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #4497

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
Failed 132 Times in 58 Posts
So I just received a ticket from SFU Burnaby G-Lot. They wrote down the license plate and the model, but didn't write down my parking permit number. I have registered my car on the SFU parking page, but do they actually cross-reference my license plate with my parking permit/sfu ID? Has anyone not paid and got away with it? Or do they actually hunt you down?

Thanks!
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #4498
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 59 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
anyone ever taken BUS 316 With Jorge? Need some help with the midterm =(
I'm with Jorge too but in Bus 315... doing the midterm right now...
Audi-Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:17 AM   #4499
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi-Quattro View Post
I'm with Jorge too but in Bus 315... doing the midterm right now...
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO! lol i thought i was all alone here man. how you doing on it? fuck, i really don't get this shit and i took 312 with blazenko. he taught me jack shit and now i'm getting ass raped with the mexicanoo!!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #4500
I am Hook'd on RS

thanks for all you advice guys!

Quote:

I'm actually thinking of doing co-op...if I want to co-op in RIM, do I need to be in a specific faculty to work there? or I could be in whatever faculty I want?