REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #9901
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 19 Times in 9 Posts
Y U NO FREE PARKING DURING CONVOCATION SFU
Advertisement

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #9902
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,290 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
^ everyone was exploiting it
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #9903
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 188 Posts
Failed 29 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODStryker00 View Post
Completing the final course in my final semester of my post-nearly career. So unmotivated to study.
I'm the opposite, lol. Motivated to finish with a bang!
smaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #9904
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 31 Times in 24 Posts
For convocation.. anyone know how far guests sit? Gotta figure out which lens to bring for le gf's convocation.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #9905

^ its a free for all seating, probably have 10-20m [depends on dept] of grads sitting infront of the guest seats tho so that should leave you 25m from the stage to you

you can walk up to a point where she is waiting to walk the stage, but you won't be able to capture the walk from that place. you can try the upper walkways, you can avoid people heads, but its 40m?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #9906
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 20 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Good bye SFU the time has finally come

If I met myself back in '09 when I started here's what I'd tell them:
1) Never pay for parking --> Always park @ Univercity by the apartment buildings and just walk. It says '3 hour limit' but no one ever checks. You think city of burnaby is gonna send someone all the way up to the top of the mountain twice? Not likely!

2) Never ever try to study in WMC. You'll end up screwing around/sleeping as soon as it gets dark because the lighting sucks

3)Be more personable, my first year sucked; I wanted to drop out so bad (marks and social life was shit). Just be nice to people, you'll make friends and end up liking SFU even though it is depressing as hell at times.

4)When its exam time and you can't find a spot to study, go to the first floor library. If that doesn't work, go to the 7th floor map room. There is always space there and an amazing view (I spent the majority of my time at SFU finding study spots with views, 6th floor AQ is also good).

5) Don't drink coffee unless you have to. Save your tolerance to caffeine, that way when it's exam time 1 coffee = hyperdrive.

6) The convenience store in maggie benston is always cheapest on campus, Nesters is always the cheapest on the mountain.

7) Studying always sucks, everyone struggles just as bad as you or worse. Bust your ass a few days before the exam and get that A in the class. Never settle for less! The difference in effort required to get a C versus a B is very minimal IMO, go to every class and there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get at least a B in any class.

Honestly, I hated SFU for my first 2 or 3 semesters but this past year I've grown to love it and I do not want to leave. It's a small campus so you always see the same familiar faces, for the past 3 years its always been more or less the same people in all my classes so we've gotten to know each other somewhat. Will definitely miss all the friends I made off RS @ SFU and all the others I met along the way
You lucky piece of shit. You don't have to endure the depressing burnaby campus anymore. Plus the lack of transportation from production station that accompanies this prison like campus only makes this campus much lamer. Anyways best of luck, but I do have to say that UBC is pretty much full of overachievers.

SFU SURREY > SFU BURNABY

Seriously though, there should be more courses offered in Surrey. Anyone want to petition for that ?
G-nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #9907
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 49 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:

1) Never pay for parking --> Always park @ Univercity by the apartment buildings and just walk. It says '3 hour limit' but no one ever checks. You think city of burnaby is gonna send someone all the way up to the top of the mountain twice? Not likely!

2) Never ever try to study in WMC. You'll end up screwing around/sleeping as soon as it gets dark because the lighting sucks

3)Be more personable, my first year sucked; I wanted to drop out so bad (marks and social life was shit). Just be nice to people, you'll make friends and end up liking SFU even though it is depressing as hell at times.

4)When its exam time and you can't find a spot to study, go to the first floor library. If that doesn't work, go to the 7th floor map room. There is always space there and an amazing view (I spent the majority of my time at SFU finding study spots with views, 6th floor AQ is also good).

5) Don't drink coffee unless you have to. Save your tolerance to caffeine, that way when it's exam time 1 coffee = hyperdrive.

6) The convenience store in maggie benston is always cheapest on campus, Nesters is always the cheapest on the mountain.

7) Studying always sucks, everyone struggles just as bad as you or worse. Bust your ass a few days before the exam and get that A in the class. Never settle for less! The difference in effort required to get a C versus a B is very minimal IMO, go to every class and there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get at least a B in any class.

Honestly, I hated SFU for my first 2 or 3 semesters but this past year I've grown to love it and I do not want to leave. It's a small campus so you always see the same familiar faces, for the past 3 years its always been more or less the same people in all my classes so we've gotten to know each other somewhat. Will definitely miss all the friends I made off RS @ SFU and all the others I met along the way
Best of luck to you at UBC,

Thank you for all the tips you gave me!

ps: you traitor
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #9908

fail. double post..

fucking sfu internet inside AQ 3000 rooms.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #9909

Thanked 2,531 Times in 554 Posts
Failed 319 Times in 66 Posts
about to do the LPI next week..how hard is it to get a 4/6 on the essay? Anyone have any pointers..Haven't written an essay in a long ass time...I got a 73% in English 12 btw if that matters lol
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #9910
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Failed 18 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
about to do the LPI next week..how hard is it to get a 4/6 on the essay? Anyone have any pointers..Haven't written an essay in a long ass time...I got a 73% in English 12 btw if that matters lol
getting a 4/6 is pretty fucking easy. i remember half assing the essay and getting a 5. its getting like 60 or 70% or something on the other sections which i found the problem. those grammatical questions i found tricky.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #9911
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Failed 27 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
The grammar/sentence structure questions are really tricky. I would recommend borrowing some LPI books from the library to study with.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #9912

Thanked 2,531 Times in 554 Posts
Failed 319 Times in 66 Posts
Do I have to know the names of the incorrect grammar? For instance, if I see a run-on sentence, would I have to state that the error is a run-on sentence? or do I just select what is wrong and go on to the next question?
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:31 AM   #9913

Failed 11 Times in 3 Posts
^ Essay has more precedence than sentences iirc. If you have a borderline mark for essay, they then look at sentences and decide whether or not to boost you. 4/6 is really easy. I do not think you need to label the errors, but do not hold me to it. There's also a paragraph section that tests your comprehension. (mine was on the ion bracelets/ placebo effect)
(did LPI five years ago)

- you still need a passing mark for each part
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #9914

wrote an essay on hitler, got 4/6
Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #9915
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
hah I'm applying for exec, I guess I'll be seeing u guys around.

On another note, lol'd hard at all the brown-nosers in my 374 class that creeped the prof's facebook for her bday, which was the day we had lecture. When they sang her the Bday song (and in the presentation later on that mentioned her bday again) none of them got her name right.
^ youre one sour donut arent you?? lol dude we know who you are , infact you're so fat, when you get bored of eating donuts, you shove two up your ass for the winter. For your record , her birthday was on thursday the day BEFORE class and NOT on friday , your mom never got wished on the right day I guess lol ....and yeah next time put your thick fat brain to work and figure out the right group..we certainly got her name right......oh by the way...grow some mushy soft balls and let us know who you are...and we will let you know what we do...
Eclair is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #9916

Failed 7 Times in 6 Posts
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #9917
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 8,510 Times in 799 Posts
Failed 420 Times in 119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclair View Post
^ youre one sour donut arent you?? lol dude we know who you are , infact you're so fat, when you get bored of eating donuts, you shove two up your ass for the winter. For your record , her birthday was on thursday the day BEFORE class and NOT on friday , your mom never got wished on the right day I guess lol ....and yeah next time put your thick fat brain to work and figure out the right group..we certainly got her name right......oh by the way...grow some mushy soft balls and let us know who you are...and we will let you know what we do...
I dont know what all the hate is for.. but you made me hungry as hell..

plain sour cream donuts.. tim bits.. eclairs...
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #9918

that moment you begin to be paranoid after you drop off your assignment in the dropbox. "did i put my name on it?", "Did i staple all the pages?"

u know u felt this before.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #9919
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 17 Times in 13 Posts
speaking of timmy goodies,

anyone know when starbucks is opening nxt semester?
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #9920
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Failed 35 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrospec View Post
speaking of timmy goodies,

anyone know when starbucks is opening nxt semester?
Sometime in 2013 apparently. Only stuff thats opening this fall is in MBC I think
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #9921

^so spring 2014 according to city of bby building permits
Old 06-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #9922
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:

DO NOT park at UniverCity. I have had over 6 friends that have gotten ticketed there. And I have personally seen police there 5+ times. I don't know if they just started, but they are always checking now, so I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

Cheap parking:
bottom P lot (below G lot), has 3.5$ all day parking if you pay before 9:00am, and after 9:00am it is 7$.
After 4:30pm, upper P lot (above B lot, closest one to cornerstone pizza) has $3.25 parking for the rest of the night.
Nesters has 1 hour free underground parking for customers
UniverCity (the apartments/private condos) has 2 or 3 hour free parking (street parking).

Anyone here doing Fall 2012 Orientation Leader?
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #9923

Failed 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetazeta View Post

I wish. I just found out about it yesterday and thought the registration for it would be in July
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #9924
mc.
RS controls my life!

Failed 32 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:

I'm doing it. Are you doing it as well?
mc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #9925

Quote:
DO NOT park at UniverCity. I have had over 6 friends that have gotten ticketed there. And I have personally seen police there 5+ times. I don't know if they just started, but they are always checking now, so I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

Das popo does not give out tickets. If you park at the construction parking or residential permit parking; it's fair game. Otherwise your friends should dispute it.