REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 07-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #13026
I STILL don't get it

Failed 17 Times in 7 Posts
hey has anyone taken EDUC 471? a classmate told me it was quite easy as well since I couldn't get into EDUC 465 as the midterm is during one of my core classes so it won't let me sign up fml.
Advertisement
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #13027
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gYU View Post
Is anyone on SFU Symplicity? I can't seem to upload any documents... could it be their sever?
You probably already know this and this probably isn't your problem but the maximum amount of documents that you can have under your account is 20. If you have 20 it won't let you upload anymore, so just delete one of your old cover letters that you already submitted. Even if you never heard back from the company yet, if you applied to them then they'll still be able to see your cover letter even though you deleted it from your profile.
Posted via RS Mobile
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #13028
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Failed 27 Times in 11 Posts
^ I deleted some documents so that I have under 20, but it gets stuck at converting.. and it won't convert

Tried on Firefox and Chrome.. still stuck. I didn't have any problems a week ago though.
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #13029

Failed 7 Times in 6 Posts
hmm
I never had any problems uploading my files.. Are your files in PDF format?
Posted via RS Mobile
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #13030
ph0
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
If I'm not in business and want to take BUS 237/251/272 can I? I read the subject note for the courses and it's confusing :S
ph0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #13031
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0 View Post
If I'm not in business and want to take BUS 237/251/272 can I? I read the subject note for the courses and it's confusing :S
Yep. Anyone can take a lower division BUS course. It's just the 300/400 level courses that are restricted for approved BUS students.
noots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #13032

Failed 11 Times in 3 Posts
You will pay an extra business fee though if you're not in beedie business.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #13033
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
are you planning on transfering into business? if not I would not recommend you taking those for electives, as someone else already mentioned business courses are more expensive per credit and those imo are not very easy cept 272. Of course that is just me but 251 was probably one of the hardest lower level courses for me in terms of workload anyways. If you just looking to fill a lower level elective I would recommend you look at some other options.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #13034

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyounoob View Post
hmm
I never had any problems uploading my files.. Are your files in PDF format?
Posted via RS Mobile
I changed my files to PDF format and it works now, thanks! Before I was able to upload word documents and it would convert fine.. but I guess I should upload PDF from now on.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #13035

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
are you planning on transfering into business? if not I would not recommend you taking those for electives, as someone else already mentioned business courses are more expensive per credit and those imo are not very easy cept 272. Of course that is just me but 251 was probably one of the hardest lower level courses for me in terms of workload anyways. If you just looking to fill a lower level elective I would recommend you look at some other options.
251 isn't too bad, just a lot of work. I found that the concepts in 254 were a lot harder to grasp.

The hardest lower-div course out of all imo is BUS207.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #13036
ph0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
Well I'm gonna be a comp sci major and want to minor in business. But my mind is all over the place of what I want to do since my parents own a restaurant, which makes me wonder if I should just major business. What are you guys input on this?
Old 07-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #13037
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,182 Times in 624 Posts
Failed 97 Times in 30 Posts
^Is it a pho restaurant?
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #13038
ph0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
^Is it a pho restaurant?
How'd you know
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #13039
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,188 Times in 241 Posts
Failed 326 Times in 95 Posts
If my parents owned a business or restaurant, I would've just helped with the business or even open another one instead of going to school. Don't get me wrong, Earning a degree, getting a job and working for others is a pain in the ass, sometimes you may not even live up to your boss's expectation. I've always wanted to open a business of my own so that I can work for myself instead of working for others. It's just not worth it.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #13040
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 50 Times in 13 Posts
If you think your salary after getting degree is higher than the salary your parents would give to hire someone else then I would stick to school, assuming your parents don't have any short term cash flow problems.
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #13041

Failed 17 Times in 13 Posts
@pho, as for your case, I think that taking some business courses would give you a good idea of management and basic logistics but it really depends on how your industry functions. however, considering that you are doing comp sci, i suppose you still have time to think about what kind of career you want to pursue. i suggest talking to your parents to figure out what do you really want to do in the future? if you do take over the business, take note each industry is a different trade, what you learn today may become useless in the long-run.

i am also stuck in the similar boat. being in my final semesters, its tough thinking about what to do in the future such as whether continuing school via diplomas in bcit/ubc to please parent or pursuing a job i have passion about like humanitarian work and aid.
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #13042
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Well I'm gonna be a comp sci major and want to minor in business. But my mind is all over the place of what I want to do since my parents own a restaurant, which makes me wonder if I should just major business. What are you guys input on this?
have you taken any of the lower level division business courses? If you are going to major in business just make sure your gpa in those core lower div is 3.2 or so and you should be good if you decide to go down that route.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #13043
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 84 Times in 12 Posts
Hey guys can anyone help me with this?

I enrolled in 2 classes for a friend that have waitlists, I've heard that you can drop a course and if you pick it up right away that person can get in before the waitlist updates, can anyone shed some light on this?
Past:'06 Civic Si
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #13044

Failed 17 Times in 13 Posts
^ its a glitch in the system i think, but i think they might've refined it to make it so that any students registering will have to go through the waitlist process.

hell, might as well give it a go. but tell your friend to have some back up course plan ready of course
'98 EJ8 Civic Si 'DatSi' - (Sold)
'11 MKVI Golf 'Dana' - (Sold)

Active:

'18 F22 230iX' (DD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Don’t you guys dare bid on my gay car. I’ll stab you
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #13045
ph0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx1 View Post
If my parents owned a business or restaurant, I would've just helped with the business or even open another one instead of going to school. Don't get me wrong, Earning a degree, getting a job and working for others is a pain in the ass, sometimes you may not even live up to your boss's expectation. I've always wanted to open a business of my own so that I can work for myself instead of working for others. It's just not worth it.
I do help them out even when I'm in school also. But I do agree with you, working under someone is a pain in the ass and if anything work towards being your own boss. I do want to open up a business but don't know if it's going to be a resturant or a start-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsh4 View Post
If you think your salary after getting degree is higher than the salary your parents would give to hire someone else then I would stick to school, assuming your parents don't have any short term cash flow problems.
Well I think my salary at my resturant will probably be more than me getting a degree but I don't want salary to be the deal breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrospec View Post
@pho, as for your case, I think that taking some business courses would give you a good idea of management and basic logistics but it really depends on how your industry functions. however, considering that you are doing comp sci, i suppose you still have time to think about what kind of career you want to pursue. i suggest talking to your parents to figure out what do you really want to do in the future? if you do take over the business, take note each industry is a different trade, what you learn today may become useless in the long-run.

i am also stuck in the similar boat. being in my final semesters, its tough thinking about what to do in the future such as whether continuing school via diplomas in bcit/ubc to please parent or pursuing a job i have passion about like humanitarian work and aid.
Yeah, that's why I want to take some business courses and have some general knowledge of how business works/runs. Well I've talked to my dad before and he said his dream was to franchise the resturant and my mom said she wants me to own my own resturant one day. Well what I just typed out pretty much sums up what I should do but iuno guess we'll see in the coming years, things do change.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #13046
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 68 Times in 25 Posts
Lower level business course will do jack all for understanding how a business works. You are way better off taking BCIT night courses for those stuff.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #13047
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,370 Times in 1,795 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
So.... Anyone taking HSCI 323? If so, how did you find the course and who was your prof?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #13048

Thanked 1,188 Times in 241 Posts
Failed 326 Times in 95 Posts
Suggestion for easy B-hum lower division course?
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #13049
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,182 Times in 624 Posts
Failed 97 Times in 30 Posts
^If you're interested in IAT, IAT 100 is an easy b-hum course.
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #13050
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 68 Times in 25 Posts
well... looks like I'm out for next semester. Coop, here I come.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote