REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 02-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Going to LA...

Hey

I'm gonna be heading to LA on Sunday. I'm just curious for anyone who has ever gone, have you ever seen any of the Live Shows? ie. Jay Leno, Price is Right, etc.

How hard is it to get tickets? And there any specific shows I should see for sure?
Advertisement
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
I was just there around Christmas time. I didn't go to any studio shows, but they apparently are free, and I believe you'll need to call the studio in advance for the tickets. (i.e. you can't just walk in)

I pulled this from the NBC site for the Leno show:

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno/Tickets
3000 W. Alameda Ave.
Burbank, CA 91523

Tickets to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno are available by U.S. mail.

To order, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a brief letter listing the desired date of taping and three alternate dates. You can request up to four tickets, but seating is limited. Audience members must be at least 16 years old. If tickets are available for the date you request, they will be sent to you by return mail approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the show date. All mail requests are processed on a first come, first-served basis and should be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance.

Tickets for a specific show are available the day of the show only at the NBC Ticket Box, located at NBC in Burbank, CA. The NBC Ticket Box opens at 8:00 a.m. All available tickets are distributed to the public on a first come, first-served two (2) tickets per person basis.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
BTW, if you go out there, check out the Warner Bros studio tour. It's a bit pricey ($45 per person) but it's pretty neat, especially if you're a Harry Potter fan. It's a working studio, so you get to see some sets in action, and maybe even see some celebrities roaming around. They were driving the Batmobile around last time I was out there. Pretty cool. The WB studio is literally 2 minutes away from NBC studios. One thing to note - if you want to do an NBC studio tour, they're not open on weekends (since I saw you were going there on Sunday)
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
i went onto jay leno and i got front row tickets
if you go to universal studios they have a booth that gives them away for the next day
it airs at 4:30 so you have to be there by 3:15
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote