REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #76
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_wasabi View Post
sr has been around for ages with a crazy portfolio. know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
please enlighten me. i like car pic, and i like them more when there is write up/spec to go along with it.
Advertisement
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #77
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh man, I love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
otherwise i can put on rims and 3m bodykit myself in my garage too, only difference is i dunt have no lambo and r8.
dk_wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:23 PM   #78
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Shops like SR cannot even be grouped into the same category.

They are modifying vehicles in a completely different class.

Have you even heard of SR Auto Group? If not, I suggest you do your research prior to posting such comments as a moderator.

Are you freakin' kidding? A tuner is a tuner is a tuner. It doesn't matter if you're modifying an H22a in a Civic, a T6 in a Volvo, or the 5.2 V10 in an R8. The mechanical knowledge is the exact same, regardless of what engine it is.
brownhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:26 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
And that makes it okay? I would have thought they would have screened ppl that would have the ability to moderate. They obviously let you slipped thru the crack on this one.

And it is okay for an established member to be insulting paying sponsors of this site? Get your priorities straight. Not only am I insulting him now but I am insulting you... why? because you are a failure and a bad example to the rest of the members.

Note that you stated my claims regarding SR portfolio... where did you read that? I suggest you go get some corrective lenses.
SR Auto Group is a Revscene sponsor? That's news to me... especially since they aren't listed anywhere in the Vendor list.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:29 PM   #80
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 15 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
sounds like monkeybiz is pmsing.

you know you can shut us all up by showing us the "portfolio" we are all here because we love cars. while all the exotic by SR is drool worthy, nothing is known abt what is underhood and the possible tuning that went into it.

I would love to know whats going on under the hood.

otherwise i can put on rims and 3m bodykit myself in my garage too, only difference is i dunt have no lambo and r8.
You can call it pmsing if you want. I am just speechless as to what kind of class some members and moderator display on this site. Its constant non stop bashing.

SR never claimed to be a performance tuner. You are trying to compare two totally different things. Its like comparing Japanese cuisine vs Italian cuisine.

You can put on rims and 3m bodykit in your garage... yes you are correct. And yes the difference is that you dont have no Lambo and R8.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:29 PM   #81
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

SR Auto Group is just our own little Unique Whips. You know, throw some D's on an expensive car, sand off the gloriously applied stock paint to replace it with some primer, and called it "SRed" while tugging on your t-shirts shoulders and leaning back.

Then, bitch 30 years later about how you found a sweet Lamborghini in someone's garage, and you want to restore it, but some douchefag swapped out the original leather for some Gucci logo fabric and ostrich hide, the original wheels were replaced by some garish two-tone "rims," and the whole car would have to be shipped back to Italy to get the original paint reapplied.

Seriously.

Do you think any of their shit will look good in 5 years? Fuck, 3 years even? Just another shop full of two-bit hacks all too willing to accept the business of the overindulgent, unappreciative, trust fund and criminal classes.

Through the mud and the blood to the green field beyond.
Faugh A'Ballaugh.
1983 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #82
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hypa View Post
SR Auto Group is a Revscene sponsor? That's news to me... especially since they aren't listed anywhere in the Vendor list.
Welcome to 2005. Revolution merged with SR as of 4 years ago.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:34 PM   #83
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983 Z28 View Post
SR Auto Group is just our own little Unique Whips. You know, throw some D's on an expensive car, sand off the gloriously applied stock paint to replace it with some primer, and called it "SRed" while tugging on your t-shirts shoulders and leaning back.

Then, bitch 30 years later about how you found a sweet Lamborghini in someone's garage, and you want to restore it, but some douchefag swapped out the original leather for some Gucci logo fabric and ostrich hide, the original wheels were replaced by some garish two-tone "rims," and the whole car would have to be shipped back to Italy to get the original paint reapplied.

Seriously.

Do you think any of their shit will look good in 5 years? Fuck, 3 years even? Just another shop full of two-bit hacks all too willing to accept the business of the overindulgent, unappreciative, trust fund and criminal classes.
You are entitled to your own opinion but if you think their business is serving overindulgent, unappreciative, trust fund and criminal classes I would like to see where your accusations are coming from. Just coz you cant afford it doesnt mean ppl that can afford it are getting finer things in life thru illegal means. I am sure lots of ppl still work hard for their money and you are making false assumptions/accusations. If you dont have facts to back you up I suggest you dont say anything coz it makes you look like an idiot.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM   #84

Quote:
SR never claimed to be a performance tuner. You are trying to compare two totally different things. Its like comparing Japanese cuisine vs Italian cuisine.
So why was dk_wasabi so defensive if threezero's comment was apparently correct?

Quote:
sr has been around for ages with a crazy portfolio. know what you're talking about before you open your mouth
Quote:
^^^ they make nice cars??? anything done to it under hood? seems like any other shop, a paint job or vinyl job + rims...

only difference is they got access to exotics
Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 PM   #85
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Failed 29 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
You can call it pmsing if you want. I am just speechless as to what kind of class some members and moderator display on this site. Its constant non stop bashing.

You can put on rims and 3m bodykit in your garage... yes you are correct. And yes the difference is that you dont have no Lambo and R8.
I'm speechless at your inability to argue a point. Trying to somehow pull on the heartstrings of people who really don't give a shit with your wounded bashed member approach.

Reality check. You dished it out first. Now you got it back. Handle it like a man because right now you sound like one of these guys...

... after seeing one of these cars at Aberdeen. I bet you can't even lift a wrench much less know what the fuck BUILDING a car really is.

So turn your computer off, pick up your Work wheels catalogue, choke your 2" penis and let real men talk.

Kev
Old 03-31-2009, 09:42 PM   #86
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Hypa View Post
So why was dk_wasabi so defensive if threezero's comment was apparently correct?
Thats a question you ask him/her. I dont see how threezeros comment was ::apparently:: correct. Like I said... not every tuner or whatever you want to call it is about horsepower. Some people like all show... some people like all go. If the car is fast enough in its stock form and the owner feels that their is no need to make it go faster great! Why not make the car look more unique by playing with styling ques from the exterior such as wheels or paint? Get my drift?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #87
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Failed 2,239 Times in 545 Posts
Wow this thread just went out of control....
Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #88
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
You are entitled to your own opinion but if you think their business is serving overindulgent, unappreciative, trust fund and criminal classes I would like to see where your accusations are coming from. Just coz you cant afford it doesnt mean ppl that can afford it are getting finer things in life thru illegal means. I am sure lots of ppl still work hard for their money and you are making false assumptions/accusations. If you dont have facts to back you up I suggest you dont say anything coz it makes you look like an idiot.
Seriously. Fuck you, and fuck your shitty grasp of English. I know everyone's sick of seeing the "learn to write" posts, but seriously. You need to learn to fucking write.

Now. We all know you work for them, we all know this is YOUR business we're lambasting, and we all don't give a flying fuck. Welcome to the backlash of killing the local enthusiast community with your Fast and Furious inspired bullshit. You "build" these cars for your "portfolio" of customers and then come on here insulting our low opinions of your cars? What, you feel we're not entitled to be a wee bit less than impressed with a bunch of "exotics" that have had ABSOLUTELY NO MECHANICAL WORK done to them? Go fuck yourself.

And you know what, how about this. Take your sense of entitlement and shove it up your ass. How about you prove to ME that you haven't taken a dime from someone that earned it in the drug trade? How about that?
You dumb fuck.

You've got an epileptic's chance at a laser light show on here.

PS: The duplicate accounts fool no one.

PPS: Why not fuck with the "exterior ques like wheels and paint?" Lets see. Wheel and tire combination being the first thing the suspension engineers determine before actually building the suspension and determining spring and damper rates, there's a pretty damn good reason not to fuck with them; it's called handling. Oh, and the paint... well, lets see... Ching Chong Wing Wong down at your local bodyshop doesn't have shit on the paint booths at the manufacturer's plants.

Through the mud and the blood to the green field beyond.
Faugh A'Ballaugh.
1983 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2009, 09:49 PM   #89
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm speechless at your inability to argue a point. Trying to somehow pull on the heartstrings of people who really don't give a shit with your wounded bashed member approach.

Reality check. You dished it out first. Now you got it back. Handle it like a man because right now you sound like one of these guys...

... after seeing one of these cars at Aberdeen. I bet you can't even lift a wrench much less know what the fuck BUILDING a car really is.

So turn your computer off, pick up your Work wheels catalogue, choke your 2" penis and let real men talk.

Kev
Great come back. Spoken like a true man. You are a real man now with your penis comments and pictures of asian men/boys/girl? saved on your photobucket album. ethugging at its finest. yeah yeah I cant lift a wrench blah blah bah and I am so hurt blah blah blah. You are the one with the inability to argue to a point coz you are the one resorting to replying in an immature manner. Think 3 or 4 times before you speak coz if you dont you might end up looking like a fool like now.

Last edited by MonkeyBiz; 03-31-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #90
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Seriously. Fuck you, and fuck your shitty grasp of English. I know everyone's sick of seeing the "learn to write" posts, but seriously. You need to learn to fucking write.

Now. We all know you work for them, we all know this is YOUR business we're lambasting, and we all don't give a flying fuck. Welcome to the backlash of killing the local enthusiast community with your Fast and Furious inspired bullshit. You "build" these cars for your "portfolio" of customers and then come on here insulting our low opinions of your cars? What, you feel we're not entitled to be a wee bit less than impressed with a bunch of "exotics" that have had ABSOLUTELY NO MECHANICAL WORK done to them? Go fuck yourself.

And you know what, how about this. Take your sense of entitlement and shove it up your ass. How about you prove to ME that you haven't taken a dime from someone that earned it in the drug trade? How about that?
You dumb fuck.

You've got an epileptic's chance at a laser light show on here.

PS: The duplicate accounts fool no one.

PPS: Why not fuck with the "exterior ques like wheels and paint?" Lets see. Wheel and tire combination being the first thing the suspension engineers determine before actually building the suspension and determining spring and damper rates, there's a pretty damn good reason not to fuck with them; it's called handling. Oh, and the paint... well, lets see... Ching Chong Wing Wong down at your local bodyshop doesn't have shit on the paint booths at the manufacturer's plants.
I didnt know the Grammar Police partol this forum too. It amazes me you took the time to even type that out I am not going to argue with you coz you are a waste of my time.

*** I am no way affiliated with SR Auto Group... hell I dont even live in Vancouver anymore *** Carry on with your racist comments You got class and attitude that will make you set for life

Last edited by MonkeyBiz; 03-31-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: had to delete out driving z28 part. just saw on his status that he has resumed taking the bus on a regular basis.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #91
dL

Failed 48 Times in 34 Posts

Anyways, let's get back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibikki View Post
If you go on Thursday with Coupon, 50% off admission.

http://74.200.12.127/www/client/Vanc...toShow2009.pdf
Thanks for that!!

dL
Old 03-31-2009, 10:00 PM   #92
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dL View Post

Anyways, let's get back on topic...

Thanks for that!!

dL
sorry got carried away with the hating... carry on
Old 03-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #93
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 1,392 Times in 247 Posts
i get this dirty feeling that MonkeyBiz = Hyde or Spoonworks

Edit* or can he actually be the third stooge to the trio? :0

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:04 PM   #94
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

........... so yeah......... there was this auto show in Vancouver today...... lets talk about that!

What did you guys think of the changes on the 2010 Mustang..... other than the new Grabber Blue color (sorry doesnt do it for me) i loved it!!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 PM   #95
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
i get this dirty feeling that MonkeyBiz = Hyde or Spoonworks

Edit* or can he actually be the third stooge to the trio? :0

When all fails at arguing to a point on Revscene accuse opponent of being Hyde or Spoonworks so he/she gets banned or e-raped.

You left 2 people... I am a bit of Timpo and Marco911 too
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 PM   #96
dL

Failed 48 Times in 34 Posts
I wanna know if there are any freebies worthwhile to get? The only one I remembered from last year was what... the Hyundai bags? lolz...

dL
Old 03-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #97
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 22 Times in 11 Posts
You guys are missing the point.

Any hot girls at the auto show?
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:28 PM   #98
Resident Bullshitter

Failed 1,140 Times in 246 Posts
Quote:

Seriously.

ever heard of vinyl?
do they care if the car will be still in style for 3 yrs? they will just get a new car to play with in 3 months, well its something that a guy that drive a 30 year old rusted land rover won't ever understand.
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 PM   #99
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Failed 6 Times in 3 Posts
SR doesnt pay for sponsorship though...

we've discuessed it years ago both me and cyrus and it doesnt make sense for SR to sponsor RS as we dont cater to enough of their demographics.

Quote:
And that makes it okay? I would have thought they would have screened ppl that would have the ability to moderate. They obviously let you slipped thru the crack on this one.

And it is okay for an established member to be insulting paying sponsors of this site? Get your priorities straight. Not only am I insulting him now but I am insulting you... why? because you are a failure and a bad example to the rest of the members.

Note that you stated my claims regarding SR portfolio... where did you read that? I suggest you go get some corrective lenses.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:47 PM   #100
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
dunt get me wrong. i love to see revolution car pics and sr exotic. but until they put out cars with real mechnical work + tuning, they are just a fancy parts retailer that will help you put bolt on parts, bodykit and rims on the car.

I will still go to them if i need part and they have good price.

style is very subjective and we could argue all day about what a hot looking car is. power gain through skillful mechanic work and tuning is indisputable.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote