REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #251
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,567 Times in 1,511 Posts
Failed 853 Times in 284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Dub View Post
^gangsta school didn't teach you how to spell?

insurance didn't bail. It's the guy's family started hiring a lawyer out of nowhere and it made the matters more complicated.
how does having a lawyer to attend to matters involving such events close to litigation complicating things? and more importantly why should having a lawyer present change the result of what the insurance company should do?
Advertisement

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 03-27-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #252
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
there's obviously a reason behind NIHA telling Panchuk and the insurance company to back off since the Ho's brought in a Lawyer. Looks like everyone here doesn't know what that reason is nor does Vancouver Sun.

Probably because with a Lawyer the Ho's can get more money than the insurance companies would like to give? who knows. whatever the reason i would be interested to know.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #253
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Failed 11 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
^gangsta school didn't teach you how to spell?

insurance didn't bail. It's the guy's family started hiring a lawyer out of nowhere and it made the matters more complicated.
Why would the matters become more complicated? Whatever happened, the guy should be entitled to know what issurance coverage he bought regardless of a counsel being present or not.

How would you feel if you end up in a motor vehicle accident in which you got paralyzed (let's not assume liability at this momemt) and ICBC refused to tell you what insurance policy you bought and refused to talk to you after you retained counsel?

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #254
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 163 Times in 31 Posts
Panchuk was in the process of doing a settlement for them until they hired a lawyer and NIHA tell Panchuk to stop everything because a lawyer would complicate more things.

If you read the damn news article, it says WHERE IS MY MONEYZ? pretty much by the victim's family. In that case, the family F'ed themselves over by hiring a lawyer and prolonging the whole insurance payout process. So what this brings out is the family is BLAMING VIHL for taking forever to pay them the monies but they were the one who delayed the whole process.
C.Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #255
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Failed 11 Times in 9 Posts
Suddenly the case is harder to settle when the victim retains counsel? I can only think of one scenario where this may happen and yes, it's the league and/or the insurance company trying to cheap out on the settlement.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #256
Banned (ABWS)

maybe you should know whatever Panchuk says can be used against him.

come on there, mr. community police
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2010, 12:59 AM   #257
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
thats what everyone saw in the game. ur on rub n tug u should know, one of ur teammates told us too
Why did you edit your post for? Your right, I am on rub n tug..and I know what I saw and I know what my team said..we all talked about it when we got called to talk to the insurance agent. Did Stan do something to you to make you feel hated towards him? Sorry, we all play hockey and other sport for "recreational". We all have lives to live when the game is over. No one should ever have to deserve this fate..especially at the age of 21.

You must be young and new to the game, but what makes hockey so great to play, is that you go all out during the game but when the final buzzer sounds, you are friends again. Its called respect...there's no need to run your mouth after a game and especially if someone is injured to this extent or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604quado View Post
cdub u make me laugh at your ignorance.
why would vancouver sun pay someone for a story?

how could u be so sure what happened? i was there
guy fell right on top of him..

he even said sorry after it happened

think twice before you start runnin your mouth

and the whole point of the article was for the insurance bailing out.. gangsta school dont teech u how too reed?
Are you on killerbunnies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
how does having a lawyer to attend to matters involving such matters close to litigation complicating things? and more importantly why should having a lawyer present change the result of what the insurance company should do?
exactly...everyone has the right to retain counsel for anything...it's in our charter of rights. There is obviously more to this than everyone knows. And if anyone has ever had friends or family on the news, the media will always exploit and exaggerate. Why? Cause it catches peoples attention...and ratings of course.

Right now, more importantly is, we should all be concerned about this. How do we know we are getting proper coverage when we go play? What if something happens to one of us and we can't work or go school or can't even live life like Stan? I know for myself, if something happened to me, I don't have enough savings to cover medical bills and neither does any of my family. C.Dub...you should really think about that....
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #258

Sorry..missed you on multi-quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Suddenly the case is harder to settle when the victim retains counsel? I can only think of one scenario where this may happen and yes, it's the league and/or the insurance company trying to cheap out on the settlement.
Or trying to cover something.....
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #259
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post

You must be young and new to the game, but what makes hockey so great to play, is that you go all out during the game but when the final buzzer sounds, you are friends again. Its called respect...there's no need to run your mouth after a game and especially if someone is injured to this extent or worse.

didnt that dude was like GTFO i dont wanna see you guys anymore
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #260
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
c.dub you seem very threatened by the fact that the vancouver sun has posted this article. Is there a specific reason? Are you perhaps trying to cover someone's ass here?

Just stop posting please. You are simply digging your self into a deeper hole of stupidity.
604quado is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #261

Quote:
didnt that dude was like GTFO i dont wanna see you guys anymore
Which "dude" are you referring too? Stan? I never heard him tell any of my teammates to GTFO and he for sure never said that to me. Sorry, but the way your statement reads sounds like someone told you that and not what you experienced first hand.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #262
I'm Keroppi's Girlfriend!

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
the article was supposed to let the public know the complications of insurance in recreational sports.
Whether or not all the information in the article is true or not that's another story (for those of us unfortunate enough to have to see this tragedy we know what is true)
I just hope and pray that stanley and his family get proper compensation and that he can move on with this life in whatever form that it may now take.
Keroleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #263
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Keep this thread on track please. Enough flaming
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:38 AM   #264
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
arguing over matters that don't concern you are useless.

the fact of the matter is, the guy can't play hockey anymore. and that's brutal. only 21 years old too.... man. it hurts the heart to hear something like this.

i wish the guy all the best to those on his team or know him.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #265
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is anybody looking for a part timer/sub? I'm just looking to part time for any of the mid tier level.
woogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #266
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 564 Times in 101 Posts
LOL WTF

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/am/...gameid=1251384
BlacknJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:58 AM   #267
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 64 Times in 20 Posts
my team x cobra is looking for a few more skaters. we are in nickel this year and have been together for 4 years now. we were in brass ii last year. pm me if interested.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #268
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Failed 19 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknJean View Post
that cant be the same stanley ho. thats an issue with vihl. they dont have the players pics. go to pich and you can see everyone's ugly mug.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #269
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Any goalies available for roller tonight? 630pm at RIC. Our goalie bailed last minute.

TIA

TylerYan@gmail.com
TylerY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #270
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Failed 410 Times in 209 Posts
So anyone playing this year?
I'm looking for a zinc team
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 PM   #271

im palyin this year again. id ask you to join my team but we are full sorry... just sign up and go to the drafts pick up
Old 02-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #272
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Failed 410 Times in 209 Posts
lol i dunno about going to the draft..would pretty much embarrass myself
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:38 PM   #273
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
How does the draft work? Do you just show up and play a pick up game ?
Posted via RS Mobile
need2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #274
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 63 Times in 18 Posts
so they jacked up the price again eh
Xnova86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #275

hst