REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:26 AM   #2801
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Anyone watching the A&E doc series? I am really loving them.

I was a huge fan thanks to my dad back in the days, we used to go to a lot of the events locally and in Washington State.
Advertisement
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #2802
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Anyone watching the A&E doc series? I am really loving them.

I was a huge fan thanks to my dad back in the days, we used to go to a lot of the events locally and in Washington State.
The A&E documentary series have been excellent so far.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #2803
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,608 Times in 4,316 Posts
The Biography's have been fantastic, who would of thought that Mick Foley is the most normal person out of all of them so far. Who is on this Sunday? I haven't seen it yet.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:40 PM   #2804
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,207 Times in 2,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The Biography's have been fantastic, who would of thought that Mick Foley is the most normal person out of all of them so far. Who is on this Sunday? I haven't seen it yet.
The Biography series is OKAY... but thats just me.

This coming week is Bret Hart...

Last week, the episode was on the Ultimate Warrior. I didn't watch it, but the Dark side of the Ring for the same week was also on Ultimate Warrior

oh yea..

WWE released Braun Strowman
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2021, 01:02 PM   #2805
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
The Biography series is OKAY... but thats just me.

This coming week is Bret Hart...

Last week, the episode was on the Ultimate Warrior. I didn't watch it, but the Dark side of the Ring for the same week was also on Ultimate Warrior

oh yea..

WWE released Braun Strowman
Last Week was Mick Foley, the week before was the Warrior and damn that one was sad. So weird that the Mick has been the most normal person I have seen out of all of them so far.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2021, 05:59 PM   #2806
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Last Week was Mick Foley, the week before was the Warrior and damn that one was sad. So weird that the Mick has been the most normal person I have seen out of all of them so far.
Mick is a normal dude in general...
The Austin one is pretty normal too.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:53 AM   #2807
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Probably the best one out of all of these documentaries from A&E

but best quote/line

"On a scale of 1-10, as a wrestler, Goldberg was a zero."
Old 06-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #2808
In RS I Trust

I had no clue Goldberg was so bad but it makes sense. I was a big fan of the Bret Hart doc, man it hit me in the feels.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:13 PM   #2809
i like gifs

Goldberg is Vince's typical wrestler wet dream.

Big, muscular, and white.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:00 PM   #2810
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,976 Times in 8,274 Posts
Goldberg was awful, but that was good in a way. Like you never knew what was going to happen in a Goldberg match... well you knew, but things always looked so chaotic and dangerous.

Someone reminded me of that aspect recently but dammit I can't remember who it was
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #2811
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Goldberg was awful, but that was good in a way. Like you never knew what was going to happen in a Goldberg match... well you knew, but things always looked so chaotic and dangerous.

Someone reminded me of that aspect recently but dammit I can't remember who it was
I remember tuning into Monday Nitro just to see when Goldberg would lose and then flipping back to WWF for the Attitude Era storylines.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:36 PM   #2812
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,303 Times in 1,252 Posts
Watching some of these documentaries sent me down a long path of nostalgic YouTube videos. God damn the attitude era was so good. I haven't really watched wrestling lately but does the crowd even come close to how nuts they went when Stone Cold would come out unexpectedly? I think the time he came out during The Rock vs Mankind and got the title win for Mankind was the biggest pop I ever heard.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:44 PM   #2813

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Watching some of these documentaries sent me down a long path of nostalgic YouTube videos. God damn the attitude era was so good. I haven't really watched wrestling lately but does the crowd even come close to how nuts they went when Stone Cold would come out unexpectedly? I think the time he came out during The Rock vs Mankind and got the title win for Mankind was the biggest pop I ever heard.
Watch AEW. It's like the best of that era of wrestling combined with the best of today's wrestling. You'll see some familiar faces and hear familiar voices too. It's run by a hardcore fan who happens to be the son of a billionaire, so putting that money to good use lol

Their last PPV was the first show with a big crowd, and they were INSANE for the start and end of that show. The middle dropped a bit after a bad match, but when things were good, it was really loud, and it added a lot. And it wasn't even THAT many people!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2021, 03:20 AM   #2814
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

highly recommend this documentary.
I felt genuinely disgusted after watching this, I actually believe that if it wasn't for certain people around her, she might very well still be alive.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:45 AM   #2815

I forgot to come here and rave about this match, Utami Hayashishita vs Syuri from June 12

I watched it live on PPV, they had English commentary for the first time and it was good.

This match.

It was one of those all time greats that you'll remember forever. Just the way it was booked, the build to the finish, and the finish itself. It's not the kind of wrestling that is a bunch of super athletic flips and "spots", just brutal, hard hitting strong style wrestling. Utami's run as champion has had matches similar to this, wars of attrition where she barely survives just by pure strength, but eventually catches her opponents in a BT Bomb and it's all over. Syuri is a legit MMA fighter, former Pancrase and K1 champion, former UFC fighter, and she kicked the SHIT out of Utami. They both beat the hell out of each other.

Anyway, check it out, it's not on PPV anymore but it's up on Stardom World for 900 Yen per month. It's worth that price for sure.

Dave Meltzer gave it 5.5 stars, the highest rating he's ever given a women's match, and the first 5 star since 1996. I am not an expert and I haven't watched everything, but when I was watching this I was losing my mind and thought it was the best women's match I'd seen. I had a similar feeling to watching Omega vs Okada, or Omega & Hangman vs Young Bucks... Not the same kind of match, just a similar feeling where you realize there's nothing better than pro wrestling at certain times. This is one of those times!
Old 06-19-2021, 03:57 AM   #2816
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
I forgot to come here and rave about this match, Utami Hayashishita vs Syuri from June 12

I watched it live on PPV, they had English commentary for the first time and it was good.

This match.

It was one of those all time greats that you'll remember forever. Just the way it was booked, the build to the finish, and the finish itself. It's not the kind of wrestling that is a bunch of super athletic flips and "spots", just brutal, hard hitting strong style wrestling. Utami's run as champion has had matches similar to this, wars of attrition where she barely survives just by pure strength, but eventually catches her opponents in a BT Bomb and it's all over. Syuri is a legit MMA fighter, former Pancrase and K1 champion, former UFC fighter, and she kicked the SHIT out of Utami. They both beat the hell out of each other.

Anyway, check it out, it's not on PPV anymore but it's up on Stardom World for 900 Yen per month. It's worth that price for sure.

Dave Meltzer gave it 5.5 stars, the highest rating he's ever given a women's match, and the first 5 star since 1996. I am not an expert and I haven't watched everything, but when I was watching this I was losing my mind and thought it was the best women's match I'd seen. I had a similar feeling to watching Omega vs Okada, or Omega & Hangman vs Young Bucks... Not the same kind of match, just a similar feeling where you realize there's nothing better than pro wrestling at certain times. This is one of those times!

this was the bodukan show right, i have this on my watch list
Old 06-19-2021, 04:04 AM   #2817

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
this was the bodukan show right, i have this on my watch list
This was from Ota Ward Gymnasium on June 12

The rest of the show was really good too, the end of one of them put me in so much shock I could barely get into the next match and had to watch it over again later.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:17 PM   #2818
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

MJF and Sammy was a fantastic match
these two will be at the top of the company one day and this early showcase is just what we needed.

AEW goin back on the road next week and WWE will follow the week after

Japan looks like they are moving forward with a "vaccine passport" now that more people are getting it, so maybe we will see more of this NJPW/Impact/AEW exchange..

sadly, Kenny is really banged up from carrying 3 promotions on his back. yikes
Old 07-02-2021, 05:34 PM   #2819

WON reported that Kenny is doing better after getting stem cell and platelet rich plasma therapy. That stuff is like a miracle
Old 07-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #2820
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,145 Times in 988 Posts
Tommy End aka Malakai Black made his AEW debut.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #2821

It was so cool how they worked a power outage earlier in the show - they've been having a huge storm lately so it's believable. The pop he got was a lot of shocked reactions since they weren't expecting the usual "lights go out so who is debuting?"
Old 07-18-2021, 09:52 AM   #2822
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Impact continues to book strong shows that no one watches.

Jay White showing up after Kenny Omegas match...
It might just be to sell David Finley vs Jay White on US NJPW, but the very fact that an actual NJPW talent has faced off with Kenny Omega in 2021 is newsworthy.

Sadly from the reaction, many still don't know who this guy is. Aww
Old 07-18-2021, 04:36 PM   #2823

They should have done it on an AEW show instead, but I guess they don't want to distract from Omega vs Page
Old 07-18-2021, 09:21 PM   #2824
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
They should have done it on an AEW show instead, but I guess they don't want to distract from Omega vs Page
thats my thought, keep Jay away from Page vs Omega. It's a good tease though. A second Jay vs Omega or Page match could be fantastic tho.

Biggest pop of the year definitely belongs to John Cena

Old 07-18-2021, 11:16 PM   #2825

Yeah Cena is now one of those legends they drag out to get that big pop... He's probably the last one too, they haven't' really built any new stars since him. Roman has a good act but he's not a big star like Cena or even HHH.

He never did anything for me though, so I wasn't excited to see him come back. Brock I would be excited for

MITB match was really good, and Charlotte vs Rhea was really good. The crowd was hot at times, but when they were quiet they would sweeten it with fake boos and cheers. So lame, after all these months they can't help themselves.