REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:32 AM   #3276
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,464 Times in 932 Posts
I can't believe I can bet for

Rock Reigns Win
Cody Win
Drew Win
Logan Paul Win

Won peanuts but felt like free money lol
Advertisement

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2024, 02:19 PM   #3277
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
Betting on wrestling seems like you're not accomplishing much other than spoiling yourself just by looking at the odds

Especially now, where both bookers do things that make sense. At least with Vince or Russo, you'd get insane swerves for no reason (or backstage reasons) and can win an underdog bet
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2024, 06:33 PM   #3278
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,207 Times in 2,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think it's awesome! I can't wait. I love it when they fight, and they need to finally respond to Punk's bullshit. WWE promoted his interview on their show twice lol
Footage is aired, footage also lines up with everything CMPUNK said in interview

Crowds chanting CM PUNK CM PUNK CM PUNK

Jack Perrys match against Shota on Friday is going to get NUCLEAR HEAT on NJPW

dunno how i feel about it...
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:51 PM   #3279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
Footage is aired, footage also lines up with everything CMPUNK said in interview

Crowds chanting CM PUNK CM PUNK CM PUNK

Jack Perrys match against Shota on Friday is going to get NUCLEAR HEAT on NJPW

dunno how i feel about it...
You get a much better idea of how full of shit he was if you play the interview along with the footage

Edit: Damn the tweet got deleted. But you get the idea:

"I thought I was doing the responsible thing" as he shoves Perry unprovoked followed by a choke attempt and then "I didn't punch the guy" as he whiffs on a sucker punch as they get pulled apart

Punk couldn't look like more of a clown, and anyone saying he wasn't lying either didn't actually hear the interview (I assume this is you) or are trolling, or got gaslit by Punk (his specialty), or are actually insane.

The CM Punk chant is good heel heat lol.. They don't lose anything for the fans using his name as their version of "boo"
Old 04-10-2024, 07:21 PM   #3280
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

i saw the tweet from Helwani, but didnt pay so muhc attention to it, now i see Helwani bitching about AEW lawyers lmao

either way... sure AEW made CMPUNK look like a clown, just that, this shit is so in the past and i really just want to see a good wrestling show.

Bucks using this as an angle is great though, FTR vs the Bucks should be great if everyone is healthy.

really lookin forward to BD vs Ospreay
Old 04-10-2024, 07:33 PM   #3281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
i saw the tweet from Helwani, but didnt pay so muhc attention to it, now i see Helwani bitching about AEW lawyers lmao

either way... sure AEW made CMPUNK look like a clown, just that, this shit is so in the past and i really just want to see a good wrestling show.

Bucks using this as an angle is great though, FTR vs the Bucks should be great if everyone is healthy.

really lookin forward to BD vs Ospreay
If it was just like Tony Khan showing the footage, then yeah it would be stupid. Or if they did a reenactment of it with Punk as a midget or something (like Vince would do). But this get the point across, then quickly pivots to the angle with FTR. It's fine

I thought Will Ospreay had a great response to HHH too

WWE spent a lot of their WrestleMania week talking about AEW, and AEW took it and is going to make money from it on the next PPV
Old 04-10-2024, 09:41 PM   #3282
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Ospreay's promo just keeps getting better. great response to HHH.

maybe should have done a better job explaining Mina to the fan whos' watching today and didnt see anything prior tho... but im sure she made an impression ahahah.

AZM should give us the best Timeless Toni Storm match to date this weekend
Old 04-10-2024, 09:46 PM   #3283

Yeah these fans had absolutely no idea who Mina was. But she got over by the end of that strange segment! The story they're telling with Toni and Mariah is epic, but maybe too low concept for wrestling. It's taking a while too

AZM vs Toni will be awesome. I don't expect Toni to be in full gimmick mode for that match
Old 04-10-2024, 09:54 PM   #3284

I see bad takes like this and wonder: Is kayfabe alive again? Tony Schiavone shits on the Bucks constantly, and now people are headcanoning themselves into thinking he hated the segment and showed frustration at the company

This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2024, 07:45 PM   #3285

Fans booed the CM Punk chants in Chicago and replaced them with Scapegoat and Cry Me A River chants

Jon Moxley IWGP Heavyweight Champion!

First person ever to hold the WWE, AEW, and IWGP championships. The modern Triple Crown!
Old 04-12-2024, 10:01 PM   #3286
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Fans booed the CM Punk chants in Chicago and replaced them with Scapegoat and Cry Me A River chants

Jon Moxley IWGP Heavyweight Champion!

First person ever to hold the WWE, AEW, and IWGP championships. The modern Triple Crown!
wonderful ppv! top notch production!

it has been 5 days since a shield member has held a top championship since... i dunno how many years we have to go back to find this statistic haha.

I was absolutely impressed with Jack Perry's match
Old 04-12-2024, 10:27 PM   #3287

The match and the heat! As it turns out, the angle was effective. Most of the negativity was coming from nutjob WWE fans who don't watch the show anyway.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:42 PM   #3288
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

just saw the 2nd half of the Ospreay BD match
i think its another match of the year...but might be right up there with with his match against kenny and kenny vs okada 4.

dunno how the bucks and ftr could keep the building going after that.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:25 PM   #3289

10/10 PPV for me. Maybe 11/10

Every match was good to great, with a couple 5 bangers and one of the best American matches of all time

Okada vs PAC has to be one of the better openers I've ever seen. Okada was always a great smarmy heel, but he is taking it to a whole new level for me at least (as not a huge follower of NJPW)

Trios match with Edge was good. Malakai never loses, but he has no heat at all. Brody King is great. Buddy Murphy is technically good but whatever.

Julia Hart vs Willow, another good short match. Right person won, and now we finally will look forward to Mercedes wrestling finally. I kind of expect her to join Stokely or something. She could use a manager to talk for her.

Roderick Strong vs KOR, I skipped this match. I just have no interest in this... It sounded good though. It was good to see Adam Cole walking around again

Jericho vs Hook.. Well Hook is extremely green, and they thought they could have a plunder match, but it just didn't click. Jericho still got a ton of heat though, as the clueless veteran who desperately wants to stay relevant by helping young talent. Sound familiar? LOL. Jericho is so damn good he's working smart mark fans into thinking he's not getting this heat on purpose

Toni Storm vs Thunder Rosa was WAY above my expectations for Rosa. She was really rusty when she came back, to the point where I thought she might want to consider retiring. Toni si always great, but her gimmick can hold her back in matches. If she keeps it outside wrestling, she's tremendous, and this was tremendous.

Danielson vs Ospreay what can I say? I practically wanted to cry when they did that joust spot. The only thing I didn't like was the injury angle right at the end. Fake injuries always take me out for a brief moment, and if that happens in the middle of a match that's fine, but right at the pinfall? It kind of flattens it for me. 10 star match other than that!!!

Bucks vs FTR had their work cut out for them, and fuck did they ever work hard. Awesome match, but the crowd was just still recovering from not only an all time great match, but probably a lot thought the Danielson injury was real. But they got them by the end, and even got a "please be careful" chant that popped Nicholas. Jack Perry is a legitimate star now, and it's pretty clear that showing that backstage footage worked. Not only did it make Punk look like a liar and a clown, it put so much heat on Perry that he can use any way he wants.

Main event was a fine match, but mostly it was about the moment of Swerve winning the title. An actual grounds up AEW star who came in with not much fanfare and worked his way up to an actual legit top star. Amazing stuff. Joe should get a lot of credit for his run.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:59 AM   #3290
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

watched the entire thing today...

They really need to bring Jay White back into the main roster for something... i suppose the trios did water down the tag division... but now he got two belts..who knows.

Okada vs Pac was fantastic. Denying everyone of the Rainmaker pose with the bird was a fantastic spot. Great match overall.

Trios match was good. but meh.. didn't care so much. Malakai vs Copeland soon at Double or Nothing?

Julia's hurt, she had a great run. Most improved wrestler of 23, hopefully comes back stronger. I love the gimmick. Sadly, I think Mercedes Mone is Dead on Arrival here in AEW. Terrible music, can't really cut a promo. and waiting too damn long to wrestle. its falling flat for me.

Strong vs KOR was alright. nothing too spectacular, just a good wrasslin match. Wardlow gonna get jumped soon.

i skipped the Jericho Hook match. Jericho's pullin a Hogan.. but there's rumblings Hook might end up in NXT sooner rather than late.r

Toni vs Rosa was great. This womens title hunt is fantastic and everyone can work. Mariah May is no1 contender based on the rankings.

BD vs Ospreay... as u said, everything was fantastic until the end. what kind of injury is BD trying to sell... that was bad. took away from the wonderful match. I get it though, BD taking ospreay to school throughout but lost on a Tiger Driver... but i don't think the injry spot was necessary. Told a great story though that Ospreay likely has a few more steps to go without resorting to the Tiger Driver, which he has been hitting since his AEW debut as an AEW wrestler. Nobody liked it when he hit on Kenny, nor Takeshita.

BUcks vs FTR was fine.. spot fest after spot fest. Jack Perry is great

Loved the main event. Here's hoping TK and Swerve put together a great run.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:08 PM   #3291

Jericho is "pulling a Hogan" ironically lol. And if you're skipping it, you're missing greatness! He's basically CM Punk, trying to give advice to people who don't want it. And when they don't take it, she smashes them in the head with a baseball bat

Also I think Mercedes' promos are bad, but the content of them and the storyline with Willow is a good one. Especially with all the teases with Statlander turning on her too. I am intrigued, but I get it. Playing semi heel kind of loses her heel heat AND her babyface heat a bit. I think they wanted her on TV asap to include her as an asset for negotiations.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:38 PM   #3292
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

lmao tony khan
everything about that neck brace was fine until u take a shot at the WWE on live tv
Old 04-27-2024, 08:33 PM   #3293

Nah that was awesome! WWE has been taking shots at them all throughout their build to WM. Punch up, be dirty as you want because you're the underdog no matter what.

They are LITERALLY an evil company. They are being sued right now for letting their president rape and traffic women to other employees. People who covered that up are still there, not only in the background but in front of everyone, hugging their champion at the end of the show. Other board members who found out about Vince's depravity left as soon as they found out. Those are the good guys. The rest not only stayed, but put him back in power. When the lawsuit came out with Vince's text messages and him shitting on a woman's head while his partner raped her, HHH talked about what a great week it was for them.

It's not Tony's place to bring all that up, but to call them what they are? Hell yeah, do it. It will get attention, and people who start to get tired of WWE may think about checking out the fighting underdog. Everyone loved Tony all week, except the die hard WWE standup fans. But those people aren't going to switch ever. They literally cheer for their rapist boss and bow down to him

It's been a phenomenal few weeks for AEW, with the Punk footage, Jack Perry coming back, the big angle with the Meltzer driver, using NFL to show it all to the world during draft week. It's a great way to bounce back after taking shot after shot from the evil company.

If WWE continues to take shots, it's just going to mean more attention for AEW, and they are wiling to fire back now, and have a LOT of ammo if they want to get dirty.

I was blown away and actually impressed that he's finally fighting back after being the punching bag for so long.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:58 AM   #3294
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

TK teasing the IWC while writing kenny off for the time being.. maybe

that jungle boy smirk is also absolutely hilarious, whatever he did to reinvent himself in Japan is working wonders for him.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:11 PM   #3295

Old 05-09-2024, 11:30 PM   #3296
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Whoever still lurks this thread I hope u go see this guy wrestle live in person because it is something else entirely to see him in the ring in person

From the bright lights in the Tokyo dome to a small ass venue on a random njpw tour, he brings it �� every time
Old 05-09-2024, 11:43 PM   #3297

Yeah this show will be worth going to even if you don't follow AEW. Even if the only one you know is Jericho, he's been amazing lately. Edge match will be good too
Old 05-10-2024, 12:32 AM   #3298
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

its Edge vs Kyle ORiely which should be fun
I think i saw a tweet saying BD and Claudio on the card

thats about it... cuz yea.. AEW..promoting shows lmao

u know, having to find out ospreay is going to be on the show here is laughable hahhaha
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2024, 01:37 AM   #3299

Yeah they're not great at that... But really fans should know - if AEW is in town, you fucking go. Because 9/10 it's going to be a great show.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:12 AM   #3300
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

meanwhile... NJPW sent Gabe Kidd to LA Morning News

ABSOLUTE MAD MAN