REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-29-2024, 11:40 PM   #3326
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,207 Times in 2,285 Posts
ridiculous 14 match ppv tomorrow.

Advertisement
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2024, 02:05 AM   #3327
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
Fucking SO STOKED FOR THIS!!! I don't mind waking up at 6 at all!

Their PPVs always deliver. ALWAYS.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2024, 08:36 AM   #3328
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Mina Mina Mina!

there are moments where she can make u forget shes a wrestler from another company.

This is a true testament to AEW letting a foreign wrestler in which english is not their first language and allow them to speak, cut promos and interact live on TV.
Old 07-01-2024, 08:42 PM   #3329
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Didn't like: Mox vs Naito... jesus christ, is it age? yes, but Naito as usual just never gives a fuck about wrestling outside of Japan. That was a disaster.

Ospreay vs Swerve fucking killed it. These two guys definitely have chemistry and some of the spots are baffling. The guardrail spot was ridiculous, as was that stomp to Ospreay where it looked like his back just bent.

Stephanie Vaquer needs a bigger platform. this is the 3rd match I've seen from her and definitely the best one.

ZSJ and OC delivered big time as well!
Old 07-02-2024, 06:05 AM   #3330

I thought every match delivered, except the Naito match. And some over delivered! Hell of a PPV. Swerve is legit.
Old 07-02-2024, 05:43 PM   #3331
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Hoping Naito's body keeps up throughout the G1, or else njpw is in trouble.

Wrestle Kingdom then Wrestle Dynasty the night after.

This might be NJPW's best shot to cement their champ. Beat naito in the main event. and if tk ever allows it and Okada doesn't pull a "it don't work for me gedo/tk" to main event wrestle dynasty and fall to whoever is holding that IWGP HW Title.
Old 07-02-2024, 06:57 PM   #3332

Who do you think should be the top guy in NJPW now? I don't follow that closely except for G1 and WK, so I would have said Yota Tsuji. But really he hasn't been spectacular after his hot re-debut.

The dream would be to somehow sign Takeshita, but he's probably locked in with AEW long term, and they couldn't price match anyway. He'd be the guy for me in an alternate universe.
Old 07-02-2024, 11:48 PM   #3333
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

how do I say this... As long as Naito keeps moving tickets and the crowds continue to cheer extremely loud for the guy, he's walking into the Wrestle Kingdom WEEK as champion and hopefully NOT walking out of the dome shows as champ.

Tsuji, like Shota, Uemara, and i'll even bring Takeshita in to this conversation hasnt exactly been booked well.

I thought Moxley losing to Shota was a given after Moxley won the IWGP title, but they wasted that on a crappy US show. Then looked like a chump in the lumberjack match involving Mox and EVIL.

Tsuji had a lot momentum walking into Sakura Genesis in April with the NJ Cup. I figured Naito there should have dropped it to Tsuji as a passing the torch moment. I felt the crowd inside Ryogoku was ready for that change.

Instead, Naito won clean, wasnt exactly a banger match and Tsuji stopped getting any sort of big push after.

TK doin Takeshita dirty with stop and go booking. Its gotten to a point where the guy puts on a great match, so he cant just beat anybody for a belt, he's gotta topple say an Ospreay or Moxley level to get over at this point.

Tanahashi isnt exactly giving the next crop of guys a chance to succeed, especially if u give them the name as the "reiwa musketeers"

so with that said,

Tsuji has to beat Naito to go over
Shooter has to beat Mox or Ospreay given their history
then they should go on and defeat Okada at Wrestle Dynasty.

Its not impossible given we are getting a collaboration show the night after WK19.

As for the G1

Its going to be an interesting tournament. Takeshita's in the fold and like Tsuji, Uemara, Shooter and basically all the dojo guys need to be booked strong.

Gedo has to pull the trigger at the G1. With NJPW doing a total of 4 shows during the week of Jan1 to 6, they better not miss. Im certain Okada and Ospreay, and possibly a healthy Kenny will be needed to sell 4 shows in bigger venues, but NJPW has to pull the trigger here at the latest or else i fear NOAH and Kaito Kiyomiya is comin for the crown for top promotion in Japan

I'll be going again this year. thank goodness for that weak yen to soften the blow on 3 shows. Wont be taking a chance on the floor at the dome this year, I got placed infront of the scaffolding this year and i left to go back into the stands after being told not to stand up off to the side on the floor. lmao.

Anyway, a little bit of a glimpse into the future now that Stardom is moved to be a subsidary of NJPW
https://news.njpw1972.com/biggest-ev...r-f15a6da43861
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #3334

Normally I'd think this would be ZSJ's year, but I know they want to focus more on domestic stars, and I wouldn't blame them for being reluctant to push a foreigner as top star, as they will have a much higher chance of being offered a job in the US.
This post thanked by: