REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #2126
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
He had seizures and early onset Alzheimer's. I'm curious if results will be posted as from what was described it almost seemed like a seizure or stroke.

Berz out.
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #2127
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,207 Times in 2,285 Posts
Caught up to the G1 finals... what a match.

It's too bad that the WWE doesn't want to run a tournament like this cuz I could use a prestigious tournament like king of the ring again and use it to showcase all the talent on the roster...and if booked correctly, you can build intriguing stories from it. Use it to launch into Survivor Series where u can do a smackdown vs raw thing with the winner getting a title shot at the rumble. Or even just I get to pick my own entry number into the final.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:12 PM   #2128
Ricer Mod

Apparently Jericho pitched a champion vs. champion angle for the IC titles but was shot down for summerslam. That could have been big but I think Vince may be getting wary of of these other promotions gaining fandom.

Berz out.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #2129
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
Caught up to the G1 finals... what a match.

It's too bad that the WWE doesn't want to run a tournament like this cuz I could use a prestigious tournament like king of the ring again and use it to showcase all the talent on the roster...and if booked correctly, you can build intriguing stories from it. Use it to launch into Survivor Series where u can do a smackdown vs raw thing with the winner getting a title shot at the rumble. Or even just I get to pick my own entry number into the final.
Especially since the Cruiserweight and MYC were both big successes... Come on!

Really looking forward to NXT Takeover, especially Shayna vs Kairi.. even made some tweets

Their feud is SO GOOD. I don't even know who to cheer for! Pretty sure Shayna is going to win, especially based on Kairi looking strong on the go-home show.

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #2130
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Big Dave saying again that Vince gonna do a 4 horsewomen fued, so that means Shayna would drop the title and move up.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #2131

They have been hinting at that on social media, Jess even called the other group the fake version

But they have yet to even introduce the other two on TV, so it might be too soon for that. Also Ronda is in the middle of a program

But maybe!
Old 08-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #2132
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

yes give kairi the title
i like her, but i unno where else she has to go. she doesn't speak english.. and neither does Shirai(which will probably be winning the MYC)

Looking forward to Kairi beating the shit out of Blazer hahaha. Here's an interesting match from the past tho.. Kairi, Shirai and Iwatani vs Pentagon

here's the weekend long read on the history between AJ and Samoa Joe

SummerSlam 2018 - The match and the rivalry that made the careers of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #2133

Kairi needs to chase. Her biggest strength is her fiery comebacks. She should ALWAYS be against adversity. Way too soon to win the title IMO, and if Shayna is moving up, they should pass it on to another face and transition it to a strong heel (Bianca should be ready, or Lacey Evans) for Kairi to chase.

But there are literally no strong women babyfaces in NXT anymore, as they have booked the top two (besides Kairi) so poorly. Candice LeRae is DEAD and Dakota Kai is DEADER THAN DEAD

If Kairi does win, someone needs to go out there and beat the shit out of her, and then jump her over and over again every week.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:53 AM   #2134
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

can they wait for toni storm and or io shirai?
nxt womens division has been lacking i guess
Old 08-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #2135

They're great on the heel side.. Lacey is improving every week it seems, and Bianca is a megastar in the making. Next big womens star, wait and see... And the two faces I mentioned are actually quite good, they are just booked horribly (especially Kai, the "captain of team kick" who never kicks, except when she's getting her ass kicked by Shayna )
Old 08-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #2136

So UE vs Mustache stole the show again...

I laughed out loud at the Ciampa/Gargano finish. Just too funny. I loved it when Ciampa started apologizing

The booking of this feud has to be some of the best of all time.. The work too of course! Ciampa coming out to no music just makes it all perfect too. Talk about "getting it"

Sane won he title with a quick rollup (ala Hart vs Austin)... So the feud continues! I loved that rope break out of the RNC. Perfect! I wish the match was longer though, with Shayna picking her apart piece by piece before the comeback and rollup.

Is Kairi finally going to get some merch? Come on! They released a fucking Lacey Evans shirt this weekend, but not their new champion?

Dream sold way too much. Not a great match. I don't know why people like EC3 so much either.

And Ricochet could have a 4 star match with a sack of potatoes he's so good... God damn!
Old 08-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #2137
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

seeing Ciampa vs Gargano makes me question why there isn't slow burn rivalries on the big shows because this could easily be done on the main shows...

Kairi lolol

Ricochet is a fucking machine.
I noticed the WWE does a lot of camera pans of the crowd, but the moment a Bullet Club shirt appears, the camera cuts right away.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:11 AM   #2138

Can't really cut out BC shirts since 20% of the crowd wears one

If they really wanted to, they could do really good slow burn feuds. They're just too busy changing their minds 5x a week, so nothing gets over. It's sad, because NXT shows that if they want, they CAN do good things with their roster. And to think, they don't even get the benefit of big stars! It's mindblowing really.

I think Kairi will lose the title back to Shayna at the next event, if not sooner.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:59 PM   #2139
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

....pathetic SummerSlam.. tho AJ/Joe and Rollins vs Ziggler were great....
Hated the finish to both the woman's raw champ and the universal champ..

NJPW announced whats coming up in September...

Road to Destruction (9/7)

Shota Umino & Ren Narita vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens

Juice Robinson, Michael Elgin, David Finlay & Ayato Yoshida vs. Bad Luck Fale, GOD & Taiji Ishimori

Toa Henare vs. Beretta

Hirooki Goto & Gedo vs. Taichi & TAKA Michinoku

LIJ vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI

Tomohiro Ishii & Will Ospreay vs. Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi

Road to Destruction (9/8)

Shota Umino & Yuya Uemura vs. Ren Narita & Yota Tsuji

Ayato Yoshida vs. Chase Owens

Bad Luck Fale, GOD & Taiji Ishimori vs. Togi Makabe, Michael Elgin, David Finlay & Toa Henare

Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI

LIJ vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku

Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Will Ospreay

Kazuchika Okada & Beretta vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Juice Robinson

Road to Destruction (9/9)

Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura

Bad Luck Fale, GOD & Taiji Ishimori vs. Michael Elgin, Ayato Yoshida, Shota Umino & Ren Narita

Hirooki Goto & Gedo vs. Taichi & El Desperado

LIJ vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & TAKA Michinoku

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toa Henare vs. Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI

Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano, Beretta & Will Ospreay

Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Manabu Nakanishi

Destruction in Hiroshima (9/15)

Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA vs. Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH

Bad Luck Fale vs. Toa Henare

Michael Elgin & Ayato Yoshida vs. KES

Beretta, Chuckie T & Will Ospreay vs. Kota Ibushi, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens

GOD & Taiji Ishimori © vs. Juice Robinson, David Finlay & Ryusuke Taguchi-NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship

Hirooki Goto, Toru Yano & Gedo vs. Taichi, Takashi Iizuka & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

LIJ vs. Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., TAKA Michinoku & El Desperado

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI & Jay White

Kenny Omega © vs. Tomohiro Ishii-IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Destruction in Beppo (9/17)

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Yota Tsuji vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Yuya Uemura

David Finlay & Ren Narita vs. Toa Henare & Shota Umino

Takashi Iizuka vs. Ayato Yoshida

Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, KUSHIDA & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Will Ospreay, Rocky Romero, SHO & YOH

Super Best Friends vs. KES

EVIL, SANADA & BUSHI vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma & Juice Robinson vs. Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI & Jay White

Hirooki Goto © vs. Taichi-NEVER Openweight Championship

Tetsuya Naito vs. Minoru Suzuki

Destruction in Kobe (9/23)

Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura

Shota Umino & Ren Narita vs. SHO & YOH

Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado

Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Ryusuke Taguchi & Ayato Yoshida vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi Super Best Friends vs. KES

Juice Robinson, David Finlay & Toa Henare vs. Jay White, YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay

Tetsuya Naito, EVIL & SANADA vs. Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr. & TAKA Michinoku

KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI-IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Tournament Semi-Final

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada-IWGP Championship Certificate Match
Old 08-20-2018, 01:57 AM   #2140

I thought SS was pretty good. The main was exactly as expected.

I liked how they put over Balor's Demon character as something extra special and powerful. Corbin sold it well. Coach didn't, asking "why doesn't he just always come out as the demon?". Seriously. What a fucking moron.

Joe vs AJ was really good. I thought the finish was fine to set up a HIAC match. Since the match was so back and forth and really good, I didn't mind the DQ at all. A good feud can have a DQ!

Unlike the lame tag match, which is a lame feud, and a lame DQ.

Miz still can't get heat on offense, because his offense looks so sloppy and fake. He is just such a shitty wrestler, I wish he'd switch to announcing or just retire. I remember the promo he cut on DB, and this is what we got... Talk about dropping the ball with Bryan. They have completely screwed up on his comeback.

So now that we see Ronda's matches, we know why they have basically given up on Asuka. She is Asuka, right down to the armbar finish (which Asuka had to stop doing when they signed Ronda). Anyway it's fun seeing people kick fucking ass, so I am all for it. I just hope they turn Asuka soon and do something interesting with her.

Nakamura Hardy I just ignored. Pretty much same for the Smackdown womens match. Kind of dozing off as I listened to it. I really liked the angle at the end. Becky has always been a hugely popular underdog, and they played to that perfectly. Anyone else would have been the heel doing what she did.

Rollins vs Ziggler was a good match, but I hate how Rollins just stops selling.. It's not like Kairi where she "hulks up" for a short time, then sells again. He just stops, does "his shit" and continues the match. To make matters worse you have Coach pointing it out. Seriously, how the fuck is this guy still employed?

So yeah, not as good as Takeover, but still a fine show. WAAAAAY too long, but they all are now.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:50 AM   #2141
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

the length for these WWE shows can burn out a viewer

its ridiculous.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:23 AM   #2142

In this case, I think the right matches were long and short. For instance can you imagine if Finn vs Corbin was a long back and forth match?

AJ and Joe, Rollins and Ziggler, were all able to have nice slow-build matches. Bryan and Miz too, but Miz sucks so their match wasn't very good.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:00 AM   #2143
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

im glad all the good interesting stuff i was looking forward to happened first

and yes.. i think the balor thing was booked to perfection
Old 08-22-2018, 05:45 PM   #2144

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Becky has always been a hugely popular underdog, and they played to that perfectly. Anyone else would have been the heel doing what she did.
Well turns out I was wrong, and they actually wanted her to be a heel. They continued the heel role on Smackdown

God WWE sucks
Old 08-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #2145
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Well turns out I was wrong, and they actually wanted her to be a heel. They continued the heel role on Smackdown

God WWE sucks
she cut a great promo though

i hate the whole locker room comes out to break out fights schtick.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:17 AM   #2146

Yup, everyone forget about your angles, it's time to break up a fight!
Old 08-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #2147

Old 08-25-2018, 01:32 PM   #2148
Ricer Mod

Holy Fuck. Super Cena with no Wellness Policy holding him back.

Berz out.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #2149
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

looks like he "slimmed" down but is now shredded.

Must be the Jackie Chan training seeing as he has been training at his "stunt school"

excited for this

NXT pulled hte trigger early

Old 08-26-2018, 12:50 AM   #2150

Jessamyn Duke made her in ring debut in a house show

4 Horsewomen getting ready to go! I am guessing Wrestlemania maybe? Or even Royal Rumble?

People are talking like Shayna is going to get called up right away, but IMO it's too soon. She has unfinished business in NXT as well!