REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:54 AM   #2276
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Looked like a legit KO. Awesome sell if it wasn't but brutal if it was legit. They stretchered him out to? That's uncommon for NJPW isn't it?

Berz out.
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #2277
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,207 Times in 2,285 Posts
There were two spots where it looked like ibushi was knocked out. One where he pushed his face into the rinf post and the lariat near the end.

Your know how when u watch MMA and a guy gets knocked out clean. Well the last shot was one of those moments. U really can't fake it

Stretcher jobs are rare in new japan
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #2278
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
The way he was dead weight at the end leads me to believe it was a legit KO from that elbow at the end. Brutal! So maybe the stretcher wasn't even planned, and he would have been out there for the main.

Edit: NM it was the spot in the corner where he bashed his face on the ring post by accident. Damn he took a beating
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #2279

Kenny leaving NJPW at the end of the month

Still don't know whether he's going to WWE or AEW. Either way, hope he succeeds. If he goes to WWE he will be at Ronda and Brock level, so they may not actually fuck up with him.

(note, there's no guarantee this isn't kayfabe, as his reasons are "storyline" driven)

KUSHIDA leaving too, but I don't care
Old 01-07-2019, 12:30 AM   #2280
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

We getting worked! That statement was very similar to what Kenny talked about after losing to Okada at WK11.

Kenny working injured is not a surprise and its a good chance for him to rest up and come back healthy. Well deserved break no matter what his decision is. I sort of want to see him and Ibushi take a run at the IWGP tag belts. Sanada and Evil can go too!

Debuting him at Wrestlemania instead of the Rumble sounds more exciting to me, but this years rumble is also in a stadium.

He will get the biggest pop no matter which show, just that Wrestlemania is the show where the biggest marks gather haha.

Kushida's probably gonna end up in NXT or 205 lol. His WK13 entrance freaked me out hahaha
Old 01-07-2019, 08:36 AM   #2281
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

The bits with Kenny. I believe he is AEW bound.
Meltzer reports that NJPW wants nothing to do with AEW either

Good watch tho. Liked the bit of Okada chasing the bucks kids around the dome.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #2282
Ricer Mod

Jericho signed with AEW! They held a rally and a bunch of fans bought Merch and are being told they can't wear it to the Smackdown Live showing. Security has been told to bar anyone with AEW shirts or whatever from the event. If Jericho signed I can imagine Kenny won't be far behind if he is going to AEW.

Berz out.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #2283
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

AEW lit up the sky with all the pyro haha. Neville..or PAC as he was known outside the E is on board. No surprises with Joey Janela there. Jericho doesn't have an exclusive contract and him and NJPW has made it clear they want to continue the relationship.

Kenny tho.. I can see him stay in NJPW but possibly with AEW dates.

Keep in mind. Omega has said he became a Japanese citizen after 10 years in Japan, that means in order to obtain Japanese citizenship, he has to give up his Canadian status. If what he has stated is true(and i don't believe there is any reason to bring this point up if it isn't) he's staying in Japan.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2019, 12:14 PM   #2284
Ricer Mod

Why hasn't Omega switched to WWE in the past? Does he have some sort of personal beef with WWE or is he just loyal to his NJPW brand?

Berz out.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #2285

Omega has a very specific creative vision for his matches and storylines, and I don't think he believes he'd be able to have enough freedom in WWE to wrestle the way he wants.

Also he's said he doesn't care about money, but Shawn Micheals said the same thing before they had the Saudis back up 4 dumptrucks full of cash to his house to unretire in one of the worst matches of the company's history
Old 01-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #2286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
AEW lit up the sky with all the pyro haha. Neville..or PAC as he was known outside the E is on board. No surprises with Joey Janela there. Jericho doesn't have an exclusive contract and him and NJPW has made it clear they want to continue the relationship.

Kenny tho.. I can see him stay in NJPW but possibly with AEW dates.

Keep in mind. Omega has said he became a Japanese citizen after 10 years in Japan, that means in order to obtain Japanese citizenship, he has to give up his Canadian status. If what he has stated is true(and i don't believe there is any reason to bring this point up if it isn't) he's staying in Japan.
He doesn't need to get full citizenship in Japan, permanent residency is fine. You don't need to give up anything for that, just Canadian residency (which means he won't have to pay Canadian taxes)
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #2287
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
He doesn't need to get full citizenship in Japan, permanent residency is fine. You don't need to give up anything for that, just Canadian residency (which means he won't have to pay Canadian taxes)
Well I know much about the last bit hah. The waiting continues.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #2288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Budong View Post
Well I know much about the last bit hah. The waiting continues.
Declaring Canadian non residency is simple - just check the box in the tax return! If they ask for proof you'll have to show that you have no significant holdings in Canada. Small savings account is OK, but no drivers license, health card, etc

Hope you're not paying Canadian taxes if you don't live there!
Old 01-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #2289
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Declaring Canadian non residency is simple - just check the box in the tax return! If they ask for proof you'll have to show that you have no significant holdings in Canada. Small savings account is OK, but no drivers license, health card, etc

Hope you're not paying Canadian taxes if you don't live there!
yea for sure lol
Old 01-11-2019, 01:59 AM   #2290
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

facebook notified me of the start of CMLL x NJPW show. Basically, Lunchadors in NJPW
watched a little bit.. don't know anyone but its really athletic flippy wrestling.

pretty cool!
Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #2291
Ricer Mod

WWE is doing some weird things these days. Waiting on AEW to get a TV deal and then we will see what happens with WWE creative.

Balor vs. Lesnar at RR now. For the time being.

Berz out.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:56 PM   #2292

Raw was pretty good this week, with the exception of making Brawn Strowman and Sasha look like complete geeks. Oh and the Paul Heyman thing.. just awkward and weird.

The matches were good though
Old 01-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #2293
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Smackdown has the better wrestling. Grown too accustomed to it over the last few years
Raw though was decent. Great to see Balor get a chance. Strowman doesn't look ready cuz of the elbow injury?

Reddit seems to be split over the Alexa Bliss segment. I aint gonna complain, shes damn fine hahahah
Old 01-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #2294

Balor vs Brock was always the plan apparently. Brock campaigned for it. They just couldn't write a decent storyline to make the switch

If Balor does go over, I hope he does so as the Demon (he's not planned to at this time, according to Meltzer)

The Bliss stuff is super creepy, first they have the 'walking in on her while changing - oops!" segment, followed by Dozivich oogling at her like George Steele. She came across as a victim on that show, and it's so creepy and gross. It reminds me of the Creepy Vince stuff of the early 2000s.

Mysterio vs Andrade was awesome and actually had a decent finish! I also liked how they made Asuka look super strong. After watching Becky struggle to beat Peyton, she grabs the mic, goes insane, and just DESTROYS the other one. They are finally doing her right!
Old 01-17-2019, 07:38 AM   #2295

Pretty good Raw, Smackdown, AND NXT this week! I really enjoyed the Bianca/Shayna segment. Really looking forward to that match. Bianca is going to be a hell of a promo one day.

And her husband, I really like the new direction they are going, totally over the top hyped up athletes. It's hilarious. Dude makes the ring look miniature in some way.. Like he's not the biggest guy, but the way he moves, it's like the ring is too small for him. He looked like he was 15 feet in the air on that frog splash!

And Lee vs Ohno was a great Athletic Big Man match. How about that Pounce!

And it's only going to be better from here now that we have competition. It was only a month ago where Raw was having episodes that were reminiscent of the Nitro days right before WCW died.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #2296
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I was pretty into the Rey Mysterio match. That was match of the night.
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #2297
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

feel like with Vince being "back" have put this women's thing a bit backwards

The Alexa Segment, and now I just saw the Mandy Rose hotel room bit

the early 2000s called and they want their product back hahah
Old 01-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #2298

Yeah the last two shows have really been weird with those angles.

They've been doing the 2000s thing with Mandy Rose since they split from Paige, and it's been totally wrong for her, considering she is one of the strongest most athletic women on the roster.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:22 AM   #2299
Ricer Mod

I did hear they were trying to bring back a bit of the attitude era but if they start objectifying women again and turning them into bra and panty matches then entire women's wrestling movement is going to come crashing down.

Berz out.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:09 PM   #2300

This tweet is seven stars *******