REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-30-2009, 05:43 PM   #26
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 100 Times in 15 Posts
^ saddly i was one of them =.=" stupid ass sun...
Advertisement
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Failed 229 Times in 105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk604 View Post
^^^
Im from richmond, so accessing #1 would mean im going around the far way. I think i have to take Marine...and i doubt i can rip it...saw too many people getting busted there :P
no foo you take 91 Hwy East bound to Queensborough which is restructured for easy "ripping" by taking out the Walmart light, then you crawl through New Westminster downtown to Lougheed.

Then you rip it again! Only find out you drove too far already it's the first right after you merge on Lougheed.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
Why'd you do that for?

Failed 30 Times in 19 Posts
so...another question...do shops like AJ, Evo, G5...do they get it from these guys too?...im guessing not...so is there any way i can get the same pricing/quality as the shop
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #29
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Failed 229 Times in 105 Posts
yes they get something called a car hoist....

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:22 AM   #30
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Failed 6 Times in 3 Posts
haha, car hoists cant help when the car is lower than the arms.

so somtimes u need a floor jack to raise it just enough for the arms to clear.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #31

^ !SG has a point.. HAHA i never thought of that
-10 Fit
Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #32
Support Team Mod

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
Also check Costco, sometimes they have them.
Gwilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #33
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

its really funny because the old mini floor jack i had finally died. hydrolic fluid leaking.

so yes im in the market for a new one as well. i did some ground work for you few.

I found 2 things come into play when looking for a good floor jack. Are you looking for Steel or Aluminum. Almost all good floor jacks are quick lifts, with anywhere from 6 pumps to max height to 12 pumps to max height.

After working at advance, i dont want a big steel one (can lift 4tons). a regular 1.5 ton (3000lbs) will do.

So for me, im looking for a good light weight aluminum floor jack. So after walking around, i found this. Costco doesnt have any left. the one they had was like 189.99 if i remember. Walmart has non (maybe its a seasonal thing). KMS Tools has one for around $260 (this is the regular size aluminum and not the mini). Lordco has one for $340. Princess auto has one for $199. And Canadian tire has one for $199 as well, motomaster.

im not looking for any jack stands, i already have 4 of thems, 2 shorts and 2 regular heights
weather its got a rubber pad or not is not so much a concern. the concern is its low enough to clear but also LONG enough to get under the car. sometimes u need to jack up from the rear diff, or even from the 2 bars underneath the car, not just the jack points.

So if you are in need of one quick, get either the canadian tire one, or the princess auto one. both should have good return policies and warranties if any issues come. If you are willing to wait for KMS to have a sale (i think they have a sale on the jack from time to time for $189) then i would go with this,

I saw the michelin one at canadian tire, its heavy, and its steel. whats the difference u say? the steel ones are around 80lbs, and can do 2 1/2 tons at least (some even rate for higher). Aluminum ones are around 30lbs, and most are set to around 1.5 tons.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #34
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

looks like michelin makes an aluminum floor jack 1.5 tons. thats the one that everyone is looking for.

apparently canadian tire use to carry them, maybe you can find some at the older canadian tires...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 05-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #35
I don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
looks like michelin makes an aluminum floor jack 1.5 tons. thats the one that everyone is looking for.

apparently canadian tire use to carry them, maybe you can find some at the older canadian tires...

i have the older aluminum one from michelin and all i can say is it sucks. had it for less than 3 yrs and barely used it, and now it leaking. I ended up buying the motomaster aluminum one when it was on sale for 149$. Hopefully this one will last longer.
VBP EP3 *sold*
Eros250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #36

really? u thought michelin was a pretty good brand.. for.. tires.. LOL i donno about car jacks..
-10 Fit
Old 05-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #37
Why'd you do that for?

Failed 30 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
yes they get something called a car hoist....
exactly what !SG said...sometimes shops have to use floor jacks in order to raise it to a certain height cause hoist don't reach that low...last time i was at AJ they had to use it in order to get it on the hoist

don't make useless/jack*ss comments please
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote