REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
The I've seen some really dumb shit at work Thread

So working at my shop I've come to realize there are a lot of dumb people on the road. So many that it scares me...

I present to you the first in a series... feel free to contribute.

The lady came in, to ask if we could fix her flat tire. When we walked outside we told her, "what tire?"
She goes to respond, "what do you mean? is it fixable?"

How does this even happen with no one noticing!

Let's hear your stories!
Advertisement
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 390 Times in 75 Posts
i use to work telemarketing/customer service and we would dog on ppl that lived in crappy states like Alaska and Wisconsin and mentally fuk them
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
^ examples please!!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

cant rmbr, but pretty obvious stereotyping etc etc condescending bill maher type of remarks

i hated everyone from PA and VA and cringed whenever they'd call in or vice versa
Old 05-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

at my old work, the boss had some stuff made in china so that we could keep up the orders, the shit they sent us as samples didnt even compare to the stuff that we would scrap. the metal was full of all kinds of imperfections, we couldnt even melt the metal down to reuse it, it was that fucking bad. china=shit for metal products, ever since then i always try to buy non offshore stuff. i used to work at a foundry btw. lol
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor09 View Post

The lady came in, to ask if we could fix her flat tire. When we walked outside we told her, "what tire?"

That's insane! Did you happen to find out how long she was driving like that?
Old 05-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #7

Failed 36 Times in 21 Posts
I had a guy not know how to use a credit card, as in when I gave him a slip to sign he just stared at me and asked what to do.
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendb7 View Post
I had a guy not know how to use a credit card, as in when I gave him a slip to sign he just stared at me and asked what to do.
he must've been intoxicated or under influence, everyone knows they gotta sign a slip
Old 05-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

one of the silliest one i've seen was... A guy came into our post office and asked... "do you guys sell stamps?"
Harlem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:17 PM   #10
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Failed 765 Times in 247 Posts
guy passed out with his pants down on the ground in the stall passed out in urine.

some guy from indian jerking off in the stall.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

Failed 399 Times in 67 Posts
courtesy of krystie and vcc

alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
i use to work telemarketing/customer service and we would dog on ppl that lived in crappy states like Alaska and Wisconsin and mentally fuk them
Kang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.w *// View Post

lol sweet rotors.

i wish i took a picture of the guy who got his pads installed backwards. somehow managed to jam the thing into the caliper. trip from calgary to vancouver gave him another brake job.

the aftermath - the pads square end cut into the rotor hat. and totally ate away at the pad too. two piece rotors ftw.
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #14
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:

aren't those the better cooling rotors?

car care ftw!
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #15
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Failed 7 Times in 5 Posts
MY neighbour was outside replacing the brakes on his van and asked if he put the anti-squeel goop on properly. He applied it to the pad itself.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:06 AM   #16
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I used to work as a cashier at a grocery store. Lady wanted to pay with debit, so I ran it through and passed her the keypad so she could enter her PIN. Instead she put it to the side of her head and started talking to it...
91mr2turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:41 AM   #17
G'd up! w000weee

Failed 46 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91mr2turbo View Post
I used to work as a cashier at a grocery store. Lady wanted to pay with debit, so I ran it through and passed her the keypad so she could enter her PIN. Instead she put it to the side of her head and started talking to it...
LOL HAHHAHAA
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #18
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 1,392 Times in 247 Posts
One time when I worked at best buy some kid around 16 years old came in and wanted to buy a USB card that you would stick into a PCI slot in your computer if you didnt have any USB ports. It was around $20.00. Now usually when we have to sell things at best buy we're encouraged to sell a "Performance Service Plan" with everything. I'm thinking to myself 'Nobody is going to want a psp on a usb card since its almost half the price of the card itself'. Wrong - I rang it through and the kid was like "can i get the psp on it as well?". I ask him "Are you sure?". He says "Yes" and I could see his dad standing behind him shaking his head in disappointment.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #19
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

We had a guy pull into our welding shop and ask us to look at fixing the frame in his truck he said it cracked.... Ya right in half on both sides! And he used 2x4 wood with big hose clamps to hold it together!!! We told him no it can't be fixed.
chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Failed 1,848 Times in 413 Posts
Quote:
So working at my shop I've come to realize there are a lot of dumb people on the road. So many that it scares me...

That is epic!! It's gonna be tough for anything else in this thread to top that!

Quote:

My dad did that on his old Dodge van once... ran it so long with the brakes grinding that he wore through the inner disc, the one that's attached ONLY by the fins. Said he had to panic-stop, slammed on the brakes, and BANG! no more grinding Took the wheel off and the remnants of that half of the disc were free-floating around the axle

Quote:
lol sweet rotors.

i wish i took a picture of the guy who got his pads installed backwards. somehow managed to jam the thing into the caliper. trip from calgary to vancouver gave him another brake job.

the aftermath - the pads square end cut into the rotor hat. and totally ate away at the pad too. two piece rotors ftw.
Buddy of mine years ago had Canadian Tire do the brakes on his Porsche... they put the pads in backward, metal backing plate against the rotors, pad material against the calipers. Took it back to them when he noticed them starting to grind (as the thick layer of paint wore off the plate)... they told him it was fine and the noise was normal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet View Post
We had a guy pull into our welding shop and ask us to look at fixing the frame in his truck he said it cracked.... Ya right in half on both sides! And he used 2x4 wood with big hose clamps to hold it together!!! We told him no it can't be fixed.
Epic redneck ghetto repairs!

Okay, my turn.

I was adding maglocks to the doors at the little Petro Canada kiosk store at Vic & 49th. I was working on the west door, had it all coned off on the outside, ladder blocking it on the inside, and the door locked. Some dipwad parked by the pumps on the west side, stepped right over my cones, and tried to open the locked door. Then he looked up at me on my ladder and motioned for me to open the door... so I pointed him at the opposite (east) door. He smiled and went around.

But it gets better! While he was inside, I had to move my ladder into the doorway, so I unlocked the door and did just that. While I was ON the ladder, almost entirely blocking the door, this same clown decided it would be a good idea to SQUEEZE PAST THE LADDER to get out!

Shoulda dropped my drill on his head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"

Last edited by Soundy; 05-11-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #21
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Failed 61 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:

Let's hear your stories!
wow, lady must have been on crack or something
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #22
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,616 Times in 4,321 Posts
Failed 1,035 Times in 351 Posts
My buddy had that happen before. but we were 50k up in the bush and he knew what waws goin on. should of seen the sparks lol
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #23
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 313 Times in 50 Posts
My best friend back in High School 10 years ago worked at either ScotiaBank or HSBC. They watched an 85 yr old senior citizen put in his debit card at the ATM, and try 4x to withdraw $19.37 exactly. Every time the ATM rejected his request, he would retry. They laughed for minutes before finally helping the senior citizen.

Once at a Pharmacy I was working at, a 15 yr old hot brown girl talked to me about tampons, and she actually asked me to help her insert it. I was like holy fuck.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 AM   #24
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
I work as loss prevention and this one time this guy had put on a leather jacket and just ran out the doors so we went out and ran after him he already had a pretty good lead on us, he kept looking back to see where we were and if you have ever been to brentwood there is this big drop off from the parking lot to the sidewalk on near lougheed and this guy was kept looking back and didnt see the drop and just bailed over it we stopped in our tracks and started laughing like crazy walked over there and the guy was just rolling around on the ground we picked him up cuffed him and called the police adn ambulance he had dislocated his shoulder. thats karma at its best and its all on tape.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #25
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:

Let's hear your stories!

was this on sw marine dr???? i swear i saw her drive on her blown tire/steelie for like 15 blocks!!!! everyone was honking at her and she was unphazed
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote