REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #26
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer91 View Post
I didn't expect the full color change to be that expensive, nvm then.
The 3000GT paint looks bad, if It was to get new paint black over original black approx how much would it cost... at a specific location.
Yeah $2k should do it for the Mits (obviously depending on quality, rates and bodywork needed).

Like I said, if you want to colour change the A4, just sell it and buy a red one. If all works out, you'll end up with something in better shape and the "right" colour, for the price of your legwork.
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer91 View Post
I didn't expect the full color change to be that expensive, nvm then.
The 3000GT paint looks bad, if It was to get new paint black over original black approx how much would it cost... at a specific location.
they don't paint over paint...
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #28
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 218 Times in 69 Posts
lol DIY roll on
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #29
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 64 Times in 20 Posts
i honestlly never knew how much automotive paint cost until my teacher actually showed me. he quoted me about 85-100 bucks just to paint my spoiler....
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Failed 2,239 Times in 545 Posts
I'm most likely going to be getting a jetta later on this summer, how much would a full body kit cost to paint (to match the cars paint color)?

(front bumper, sides, rear bumper)

just wondering...
Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Failed 19 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
I'm most likely going to be getting a jetta later on this summer, how much would a full body kit cost to paint (to match the cars paint color)?

(front bumper, sides, rear bumper)

just wondering...
just painting a full bodykits is usually around 500-600 for a decent paint job, 800ish for a "quality one", i have seen as high as $1000-1500 for just a body kit though

however the extra $ comes from fitting, unless u go for an OEM or a authentic kit, most replica fiberglass kits will cost a lot of be properly fitted.....and if you want a quality job for that it'll go for another 500-1000 on top of that depends on how bad the fit is
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:02 PM   #32
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 4 Times in 1 Post
On a side note, I have been trying to find a place to paint my hood and roof (red paint and the inevitable fade). The hood shouldn't be too bad, as it can be removed and painted (same color, so only paint one side) but the roof on the other hand, I don't know how much that will be... I do have a sunroof as well. Color is San Marino Red (3 stage paint apparently) any price guesses-for both to be painted?
chucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
My car is 2-tone, the top was painted black without painting inside the door jams or engine bay (still silver). Cost: $1200.

The silver inside the engine bay doesn't really matter, yet I would have done inside the door jams if I were to do it again.

I wish I had paid 2x that, cause you get what you pay for. The paint is really thin near the door jams and windows and has started to chip away.

Lesson learned, unless you're keeping the car a LONG time, or building a show car, its cheaper to buy the colour you want than do a full paint colour change.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #34
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,247 Times in 613 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
was ur 1200 including clear coat if you dont mind me asking? my car is also 2tone.. but ya.. umm no clear coat FTL.. cuz i cheaped out..
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
was ur 1200 including clear coat if you dont mind me asking? my car is also 2tone.. but ya.. umm no clear coat FTL.. cuz i cheaped out..
Yes, yet I also have a full glass roof and a glass hatch, so there's wasn't much to paint other than hood, front bumper, doors and fenders.

The silver is starting to show around the window seals and door handles, since obviously they were not removed to paint. Luckily I only have 2 rear side windows!

I need to get the front bumper resprayed (rock chips from 6500kms across the US and Ottawa winters), and hood cracks fiberglassed. Arg, another $1000 or more.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
To give people an idea of what the paint costs itself I payed $500 for materials painting my hood, bumpers grill soround and side skirts
325ist is offline   Reply With Quote