REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #51
Banned By Establishment

Failed 730 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vna888 View Post
Fair enough.
Now before I stfu for the night:

From your scenario 1)

there are 2 responses I can think of:

1. Just move over, the guy's a fuckin moron trying to overtake everyone who's already going pretty fast (in the fuckin city). Your safety is not worth it, if he's honking at you and fingering you and shit, just move over let him tail the guy in front. He's the one fucking up the flow.

2. YOU'RE the fuckin asshole blocking the left lane (along with the 20+ cars in front). MOVE OVER you fuckin idiot. SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT for that one guy! (MVA doesn't support this).

big difference here. I mean calling ME the dangerous driver for going with the flow. (the guy wasnt honking or fingering) but just saying. Not once did they acknowledge how big a douche the other guy is. That's sure pro-aggressive driving right there. In fact, they think everyone should merge to the slow lane just for that one guy AUTOMATICALLY. If that's how traffic works then yikes is all I can say.
DINGDINGDINGDING!!!

[youtube]f_aM6nRXSCs[/youtube]

DOUBLE WIN BECAUSE BOTH ANSWERS ARE RIGHT!!

you get a special green star this time, because you realize that its better to be a part of the solution than the problem!
Advertisement
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #52
Banned (BBM)

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
lol shit you responded fast

woops I made a mistake, in that post you quoted me. I meant that you and other idiots responded as #2, immediately blaming the left lane driver, not even acknowledging how dangerous the other idiot is, or how dangerous it is to go faster than the flow IN THE CITY. Again, traffic is not gonna automatically merge to the right thereby slowing the right lane to a crawl, for 1 idiot.

So yeah about the MVA eh? You should read it carefully. You just got owned in post 48

good night
vna888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 PM   #53
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
lol shit you responded fast

woops I made a mistake, in that post you quoted me. I meant that you and other idiots responded as #2, immediately blaming the left lane driver, not even acknowledging how dangerous the other idiot is, or how dangerous it is to go faster than the flow IN THE CITY. Again, traffic is not gonna automatically merge to the right thereby slowing the right lane to a crawl, for 1 idiot.

So yeah about the MVA eh? You should read it carefully. You just got owned in post 48

good night
what about post 45

[youtube]Z_HJ1IJWz7Y[/youtube]

Last edited by BNR32_Coupe; 06-23-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #54
I am on the internets

Failed 129 Times in 31 Posts
fuck ya buddy, but there's a 50 cal on top and god knows how many peeps inside with 7.62 ammo
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #55
I bringith the lowerballerith

People in canada should take their road test in the US

feel free to add me!
yangwenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #56
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
Quote:
Boo hoo MVA boo hoo flow of traffic boo hoo I drive slow so I'm a safe driver

The MVA says alot of things. 90% of people don't follow at least one rule at any given time.

Whats it to you if the guy behind you wants to speed?
Oh no! you have to shoulder check and signal to get into the right lane.
If the guy wants to speed, move the fuck over and let him get a ticket. Laugh at him for being stuck behind the guy that was in front of you.

Quit making useless posts on RS just because you're an angry little boy in the slow car. Who are we hurting by going a little quicker than "the flow of traffic" Nobody. I wanna waste my gas to go a little quicker than you, so move. Apologies for not being frugal on mileage.

And hey. Random questions of the day.
How old are you?
Driving experience?
Car?
Average commute in distance?
Location of Commute?

What makes you think that you're the driving god, and have the balls to go on RS and tell it's members that they're dangerous drivers, when YOU'RE the one thats being an idiot. Everybody else here gets it except for you. Move the fuck on over regardless of the average flow of traffic. You, being an obstruction creates the traffic volume that you keep preaching. The more of you idiots there are, the more traffic volume there is. Traffic volume in turn makes the average speed drop, which creates more stress for the drivers that need to get somewhere. Stress creates Road rage, and Road Rage means I'm gonna tailgate and flash my highbeams at you until you get the point to move the fuck on over.

If you're one of those assholes that box faster drivers in, or brake check them "for fun and so they slow down OMG DANGEROUS" You're gonna get run off the road one day, or you're going to cause an accident by doing so. It's not because the guy was speeding, it's because you're making it unsafe for yourself and other drivers around you by not moving the fuck over. The guy whos speeding is statistically the more dangerous driver, so wouldn't it make sense to make it safer for yourself by letting the dangerous driver ahead so they can get into the theoretical accident AWAY from you?. We have it easy that we're in Vancouver and theres not that many people that road rage. Go anywhere else in the world and you're going to get run off the road or get killed. I'm not even throwing in the probably. It's a fact.

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT MEANS MOVE THE FUCK OVER
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2009, 03:51 AM   #57
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Failed 236 Times in 113 Posts
Damn, you're like a broken record. If you're driving on a city street and the guy behind you can pass on the right, you're correct, he's a moron for tailgating you. If he can't get by you because you're beside someone then speed up and move the fuck over.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #58
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
what about post 45
What your blind accusations? I responded in post 47. It's amazing how you read things in my posts which I did not actually type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
The MVA says alot of things. 90% of people don't follow at least one rule at any given time.
boo hoo how biased can you be? He specifically BROUGHT UP the MVA trying to prove his dumb point (that traffic should bend over backwards for 1 guy when flow is already pretty damn fast on city streets). HE brought it up, so why can't I counter with the very thing he brought up? now it's "it doesn't matter what the MVA says".....
great.

Quote:
Whats it to you if the guy behind you wants to speed?
Traffic in both lanes. That's what it is. City streets, safety of others. Plain and simple don't be a moron trying to overtake 20 cars in front if you want to go 10 above when everyone is already going pretty fast.

Quote:
Quit making useless posts on RS just because you're an angry little boy in the slow car. Who are we hurting by going a little quicker than "the flow of traffic" Nobody. I wanna waste my gas to go a little quicker than you, so move. Apologies for not being frugal on mileage.
"slow car". I'm not the slow car when I'm going with the flow. You're the one being a fuckin dickhead thinking the CITY streets is your personal racetrack.
I don't care if you want to waste gas. Go AROUND me then. Take a diff route so you don't force 20+ cars in front to merge to the right just for YOU.

Quote:
What makes you think that you're the driving god, and have the balls to go on RS and tell it's members that they're dangerous drivers, when YOU'RE the one thats being an idiot.
I never said I was the driving god. So telling people that expecting 50 cars in front to GTFO for one guy who wants to go 80 around slower traffic (every one else is going with the flow) is retarded makes me a god? wtf? It's called common sense and consideration of the safety of other drivers.

Quote:
the more of you idiots there are, the more traffic volume there is. Traffic volume in turn makes the average speed drop blah blah
Spoken just like a typical speeder(speeder is ok, but more like reckless speeder) who has no consideration for others. Ever heard of traffic lights? Left turners, right turners, parallel parkers, and simply TRAFFIC VOLUME? Why do you somehow assume that drivers all going 70 is what's causing volume or shitty traffic? You're on CITY STREETS.
Take your argument to the highway and you might not sound so fuckin stupid (because left turners, traffic lights, other factors, no longer exist).

There's a big difference between saying that "on an individual level, if the driver is honking and fingering you and everything, it's best to just try to move over and let the dangerous driver not tailgate you. Let that asshole tailgate someone else"

The attitude you and other posters present is that everyone should GTFO for ONE driver who wants to go 10 above everyone else. Yeah...THAT's gonna solve our traffic problems. The other attitude you present is that "drivers who move to the left lane because they plan to turn left soon (for various reasons I presented before) are ASSHOLES because they're slowing me down".

LOL
ever forget we're driving in the city?

ON the highway I totally agree with you. Just don't be so passionate about this "law" when you're in the city and traffic volume (+traffic lights etc.) does not permit the left lane to be always empty.

Last edited by vna888; 06-24-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #59
Banned (BBM)

Seems like I'm just repeating myself.
So stop siding with the idiot driver trying to blow past everyone else at 80 and think everyone else should MOVE THE FUCK OVER. Where do you guys draw the line? 90 kph? 100?

Mr. SpuGen, I think everyone going 70 from traffic light to traffic light seems reasonably good. How is this bad traffic? It's certainly better than everyone merging to the right for 1 idiot. The left turner(s) in front won't be moving, neither will the guy whos planning on turning left in 1 or 2 blocks, and now your idealistic scenario is fucked, and traffic is EVEN worse now and more dangerous with the 50+ lane changes going on at once. ALL because of one idiot. If you support this, then from now on, all I'll hear from you is "blah blah blah...I'm a tool".

Thankfully, this "everyone bend over backwards for 1 guy" mentality only exists in your minds, because it will never happen in real life in the city (thank god - traffic would be 10x worse).

I've said many times, people will be in the left lane for various reasons, especially since you're in the CITY. Got it?

One last thing. If you've ever searched youtube about "idiot left lane hogs" or w/e, they all have one thing in common, and that's that THEY ALL TAKE PLACE ON THE HIGHWAY. Because most people are smart enough to realize that traffic volume + traffic lights + left turners and other crap make this 'keep right' law useless in the city.

cheers good bye
and just accept it.
and remember, give other drivers the benefit of the doubt if they happen to be going slow for 1-2 blocks in the left for some reason. Maybe they're gonna turn off soon and are just making sure they see the street sign before signaling that left turn (so YOU will have ample warning). If not just pass on the right. kthx bye
Old 06-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #60
Banned (BBM)

^
note that I never said it'd be ok to drive continually at 50 in the left if everyone else is going 70.

But some idiots will accuse me of this again.
lol

cheers
bye
Old 06-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #61
Banned By Establishment

highway, as defined in the MVA, includes city streets complete with lights, pedestrians, traffic. roadways would be alleys i believe.

pedestrian traffic flows like cars do, slower traffic keeps right. people that need to look in shops or stores look from the right side of the sidewalk, not from the middle. if you're on an escalator, keep right if you choose to stand!

regardless of w/e you do... SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT!! stop trying to argue this.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #62
I STILL don't get it

Failed 10 Times in 3 Posts
You forgot to answer SpuGen's questions below in your long list of replies. I'm sure I'm not the only one curious.

Quote:
And hey. Random questions of the day.
How old are you?
Driving experience?
Car?
Average commute in distance?
Location of Commute?
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #63
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
highway, as defined in the MVA, includes city streets complete with lights, pedestrians, traffic. roadways would be alleys i believe.
Ok fine, take your argument to the FREEWAY/EXPRESSWAY then. Happy?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would refer to Highway 1 as "highway" but hastings as "city street".
If you think the youtube vids about 'left lane hogs' look like city streets then you need some thick ass glasses bro.

Quote:
people that need to look in shops or stores look from the right side of the sidewalk, not from the middle.
blah blah blah you're the king of the streets

Regarding areas where one might be in the left lane to look for where to turn left:

I can't believe you expect someone who's gonna turn left soon to KEEP AN EYE OUT for their turn (doesn't matter if it's a store, they're gonna turn left soon anyway) IN THE RIGHT LANE.
that's some brilliant logic there!

You know what, someone who's planning on turning right.....should do so in the LEFT LANE by your logic! Then change lanes at the last second..

newsflash, this is very dangerous, not to mention ANYONE with half a mind will tell you to change lanes ahead of time because if you do it at the last minute you might not be able to given volume, spacing, other drivers not letting you in.

again read this post
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...2&postcount=92

VERY carefully as you can't seem to understand that.

Last edited by vna888; 06-24-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #64
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Failed 148 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
cheers
bye
You said bye. Can you please just stfu now. Evidently your opinion differs from that of the majority of this board.

remember to stick to the right side of the road, kids.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #65
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 12 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
remember to stick to the right side of the road, kids.
oh shit, I saw that driving down garden city before. it was intense... rush hour traffic vs one car. haha

as for the op.. you know the best solution to this problem? give yourself more than enough time... then you can be the asshole that block everybody. because you have to go slow or you will get to the destination too early. hahaha
Old 06-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #66
Banned (BBM)

It's funny because everyone just ignores reason and simply respond with 'gtfo of the left lane'! lol no I know plenty of people who understand that given traffic volume in the city, the left lane rule is hardly a rule at all in the city when you have left turners, traffic lights, TRAFFIC volume. Only on the freeway/highway/expressway or city streets at night time with little traffic can you reasonably argue this.

Yeah I'm done. lol it was originally a rant (other thread). Nothing more. People respond, therefore I respond. It becomes an argument/debate. It was fun. Now it's just boring because nobody can use logic and reason and common sense to realize there's a limit to "slower traffic keep right" in the freakin city.

Find a way to refute this:
Quote:
Regarding areas where one might be in the left lane to look for where to turn left:

I can't believe you expect someone who's gonna turn left soon to KEEP AN EYE OUT for their turn (doesn't matter if it's a store, they're gonna turn left soon anyway) IN THE RIGHT LANE.
that's some brilliant logic there!

You know what, someone who's planning on turning right.....should do so in the LEFT LANE by your logic! Then change lanes at the last second..

newsflash, this is very dangerous, not to mention ANYONE with half a mind will tell you to change lanes ahead of time because if you do it at the last minute you might not be able to given volume, spacing, other drivers not letting you in.

again read this post
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showp...2&postcount=92
or this

Quote:
I think everyone going 70 from traffic light to traffic light seems reasonably good. How is this bad traffic? It's certainly better than everyone merging to the right for 1 idiot. The left turner(s) in front won't be moving, neither will the guy whos planning on turning left in 1 or 2 blocks, and now your idealistic scenario is fucked, and traffic is EVEN worse now and more dangerous with the 50+ lane changes going on at once. ALL because of one idiot. If you support this, then from now on, all I'll hear from you is "blah blah blah...I'm a tool".

Thankfully, this "everyone bend over backwards for 1 guy" mentality only exists in your minds, because it will never happen in real life in the city (thank god - traffic would be 10x worse).

with something a little more intelligent than simply saying "slower traffic keep right" and maybe I'll be a little more accepting of your opinions of dangerous speeding in city traffic.

until then,
Quote:
just stfu and pass on the right, or just go with the flow. Don't expect the 20+ cars in front of you to all merge to the right lane just for you. How selfish can you be? You think that's the solution to our traffic problems? If it was, believe me, there'd be much stricter laws enforcing this IN THE CITY. But there aren't, and for good reason: traffic volume doesn't permit this
goodbye (unless someone actually forms an intelligent response to my points above)

Last edited by vna888; 06-24-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 PM   #67
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 159 Times in 63 Posts
They should just make the driving test harder

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #68
Banned By Establishment

look, just stay the fuck out of the left lane.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #69
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
I hate left lane hogs too but I learned a long time ago not to stress over it. During rush hour, nothing can be done. There's just too many cars. One thing I'd like to see is no left turns on major routes like Granville, Oak and Cambie unless there's a left turn bay. To go left, make 3 right turns instead.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #70
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
So you're not going to answer my questions huh?

I'm just gonna assume you're a guy with less than 5 years of driving experience who drives his moms Corolla and can't afford the extra dollar on gas to go a little faster. You also don't travel more than 40 kms a day, and you've never gone more than 20 over the limit. Or I could be wrong, and you used to speed, but got into an accident and now you're too scared to go a little quicker. So you've deemed yourself as the traffic vigilante who fights speeders one at a time with your iron fist rule of left lane blocking. Unknowingly, you've slowed down other commuters from getting places, and more than a few people have either lost their job, was late for an interview, missed seeing somebody for the last time, caused a breakup, or made somebody lose a business deal because they were late. However, in your tiny little mind, you think that you're always right, and it's everybody else that sucks at driving because they want to go a little faster one car at a time. It's not your fault that you can't afford the extra dollar on gas, you need that to play Maximum Tune and have an epic battle with players who are faster than you. So what do you do? you block them and cause them to rearend another car or bump the wall because you're too slow to catch up on the next turn. You're also the guy who sucks at playing Battle Gear, and you slam on your brakes for no reason because the guy behind you is hauling ass about to pass you, and you can't have that can you?

No, you can't. Because you rule with the Iron Fist of left lane blocking, and you along with your other members of the Slow Drivers Communist Party are wasting other peoples time one at a time. And on your allied front, you are the blood brothers if the Critical Mass Cyclists. Touche.

See, I can make assumptions about people too. Except, I didn't have to make a thread about it.

Funny thing is, even my mom knows the rule of Slower Traffic Keep Right, and shes a 40-something Chinese lady who speeds around blasting her Church music.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #71
Banned (BBM)

^lol this is just getting funny
because going with the flow at 70, plenty of traffic in each lane. I'm the idiot that's causing the guy to "get fired, lose a loved one, w/e bs"
You need to make a correction. Me + 50+ cars in front are the assholes . The speeder is correct everyone should gtfo. I think the cops would side with you
Read my previous post. If you can't refute it. Keep making up more bullshit

anyway --
reason I'm posting is because I need to add: earlier discussion about passing on the right being illegal is false. The MVA says as long as the lane is a traveling lane, it's legal. So I lol at the guy who says this causes the driver behind to do something illegal.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #72
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 205 Times in 73 Posts
go with the flow in the right lane, left lane is for me to pass you at 80 kthxbye. and if you are making a left turn, better know ahead of time where it is, not slow down for 5 blocks looking for it. it's called mapping out a route. check google maps for that.
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #73
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
lol this should soon be in fight club, the majority of VNA888's posts are in this thread!

How can it be illegal to pass on the right, so on a 2 lane street if someone is turning left, does that mean the entire traffic has to stop because it would be considered "passing" to go ahead?

Point is, people aren't gonna change their habits if u post this on RS, i'm all for a higher speed limit, Slow = Right, Fast = left, but I don't think arguing about this is effective.

How about when there's slow, fast, and 120 kph in the city? LMFAO
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #74
Banned (BBM)

bengy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
lol this should soon be in fight club, the majority of VNA888's posts are in this thread!

How can it be illegal to pass on the right, so on a 2 lane street if someone is turning left, does that mean the entire traffic has to stop because it would be considered "passing" to go ahead?

Point is, people aren't gonna change their habits if u post this on RS, i'm all for a higher speed limit, Slow = Right, Fast = left, but I don't think arguing about this is effective.

How about when there's slow, fast, and 120 kph in the city? LMFAO
Finally, a response that actually showed use of brainpower instead of the lame "GTFO" phrase.

As for the comment about my posts hey I always love a good argument/debate. Remember it was a rant originally
Does get a bit ridiculous when people accuse me of things I never said though. lol

I agree with everything else you said in your post. 100% support (except maybe 120 in the city XD).
Hopefully you understand that I agree with the idea of fast/slow lane. But at the same time, when both lanes are full of cars (due to volume, traffic lights, left turning cars, etc. DOESNT have to be RUSH HOUR, just anytime when both lanes are full, even if the traffic flow is pretty good, not necessarily GRIDLOCKED) all 50 vehicles in front don't have to move over just for 1 idiot who wants to go 10 above everyone else. It doesn't get simpler than this, considering we're in the city too so left turns, lights, etc. exist. Can you imagine some think THIS will solve our traffic problems? Nah...getting rid of traffic lights and banning left turns down major routes will
Nobody seems to be trying to refute my post (#66) earlier. I assume it's because they can't.

Honest question:
Are people using their reputation on this forum to post responses instead of their brain? And so when one 6000+ post member posts, other sheep thank them and just agree without bothering to read the other person's posts?

PS. maybe that idiot speeder (trying to go 80 when flow is 65, both lanes full) should join the VPD, then he'll have a car with lights and a siren so everyone in the left lane will move out of his way everytime, and BNR32, SpuGen, wouwou, woob, and others can take turns sucking him off in the police car

^^sorry if I crossed the line? Iono mods edit it if you think so. I'm too used to fight club

Last edited by vna888; 06-24-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #75
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 205 Times in 73 Posts
LOL buddy you got ass raped by a road rager and now you come to cry on here as if anyone gives a shit. Just stay out of the left lane as much as you can help it and be done with it. I don't think anyone here really expects to have people move over to the right lane in gridlock traffic, not really any point.
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote