REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #26
How I Mod your mother

Failed 18 Times in 11 Posts
I slow down, I dont do any of the revving, honking etc unless theyre going REALLY slowly on purpose.

However when I was cruising to the spring meet I think it was in Kits or something... Some white lady yakking on her cellphone starts crossing the street, she saw me coming, and she's taking her sweet ass time crossing; to the point where I actually have to slow down considerably. So I lay on the horn and she whips around looking at me like "WTF did I do wrong?"

You stupid cunt, gtfo of my way asshole!
Advertisement
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #27
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts
generally I just slow down
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 21 Times in 7 Posts
I Just slow down and stop for them.

I only get pissed off when they don't appreciate the fact that I stopped for them and they are J-walking.
Drift_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 44 Times in 20 Posts
install air horn
silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #30
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Failed 6 Times in 3 Posts
my pet peeve are ppl that DO cross at designated cross walks BUT assume so like they every car will stop for them.

if i remember correctly, didnt the book say "manditory stop if crosswalk has (stop when occupied) sign along with the designated cross walk sign". i had a couple of old ladies yell at me because they were hiding behind tall bushes by stanley park and i didnt see them, and they expected me to stop for them, (no stop when occupied). it also didnt help that it was just sundown, and they were wearing all black. black may be slimming, but spilled blood on ur black outfit from car hitting you is more of a bitch to wash out!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #31
How I Mod your mother

Failed 18 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
my pet peeve are ppl that DO cross at designated cross walks BUT assume so like they every car will stop for them.
Yeah totally right!?
Just last week I was driving in downtown poco heading back to work from city hall and was coming to an intersection where I saw a lady approaching the crosswalk and naturally I started braking. However she didnt really look, she just stepped out and started crossing with the assumption that everyone will just stop. So as I come to a stop, she's glaring at me the entire time she's crossing!

I just glared back at her, wtf was this bitch's problem?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 57 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
Do you still have your L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
haha yup...

maybe thats why my tolerance is so bad
I should take a young drivers course...
why are u driving with your L??

thru my experience.. if i see them j-walking. ill just yeild for em at my very best... those fcukers can really screw u over soemtimes if u piss em off
ChyahGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #33
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 30 Times in 9 Posts
i try my best to show them they're retarded. it's not a good thing to stop/slow down for j walkers, the cars in the other lanes might not notice them and then... well... either close calls or they're done.

just a couple weeks back i was driving east bound on kingsway ( metropolis area where it's like 4 lanes on each side ) theres a group of dumb mother fucking teenagers... 10 of them? standing on the median and they're not ALL on the median. these two dumb bitches slowly crept into my lane ( farthest left ) when theres cars zooming pass them in the rest of the lanes. i drop to second and continue going at 60 then stared at the dumb bitches as they cowered back onto the median.

the worst thing is that there was the best buy pedestrian bridge like 30 metres in one direction and a traffic light 30 metres in the other. WTF??? dumbass kids.
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #34
I STILL don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
if i see jaywalkers, i usually slow down and if they're close, i stop. the murder or assault charges that come out of speeding/aggravating them isnt worth my time.

i save my road rage for the slow left lane drivers.
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #35
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Technically they are breaking the law while they are jay walking, so hit them at 50 kph

But its not so much the hassle of the law, but more like the image that will be cemented in your mind of a pedestrian going over your hood etc. blood all over, so on and so forth...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #36
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 97 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Technically they are breaking the law while they are jay walking, so hit them at 50 kph
Yeah let's take a human life because s/he decided to jaywalk. Good one.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #37
F**K YOUR HEAD

maybe read the second part...
Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #38
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 41 Times in 10 Posts
i throw dead babies at them

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #39
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
if it's an open dead road and i'm going pretty fast, i'll just swerve around them. maybe that'll sorta scare the shit out of them
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #40
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
2 of the guys wanted to be cool in front of the girls and started c-walking on the street like right in the middle of the street... Well thanks to the wonderful V6 in the accord, I pinned it and headed straight for the high school kids... With no intentions to hit him but only scare him... I dont think they have ever been soo scared in their life... I guess they assumed that I would stop for them and let them finish their solo... FUCK NO.... People that try to walk in the street and think they own it should get fucken hit...
LMFAO I did that before as well! Those stupid kids think they're so "gangsta" walking in the middle of the street even though I'm sure they saw my HIDs from far away. I continue to drive @ normal speed and didn't brake at all. The kids on the side thought I didn't see them (they were a group of black teens, no joke) and started yelling and dodging...the others in the middle turned around and were scared shitless and quickly dodged.

It felt like backseat Jesus was beside me
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #41
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 634 Times in 127 Posts
a couple weeks ago i was turning left @ an intersection near blenz at night, i was turning at a normal speed and when my car just finished the turn there were these white guys walking in the middle of the road, so i had to quickly brake to let them pass. They cussed at me and told me to learn to drive. As i got out of my car and walked towards blenz i saw the same white guys again and as they got on their friend's rust bucket pick up truck, they continued to yell " LEARN TO FUCKING DRIVE "

moar like learn to cross the road, why are you jay walking at night when theres a crosswalk 2-3 metres ahead of you
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:25 AM   #42
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 21 Times in 7 Posts
^ that is exactly why I get so damn mad at some J-walkers with a " i fuckin own the road" attitude.

Thats when my head tells me to run them over instead of yeilding.
Drift_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:53 AM   #43
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 57 Posts
tragic

http://news1130.com/more.jsp?content...26_162530_6264
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:14 AM   #44
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniyou View Post
a couple weeks ago i was turning left @ an intersection near blenz at night, i was turning at a normal speed and when my car just finished the turn there were these white guys walking in the middle of the road, so i had to quickly brake to let them pass. They cussed at me and told me to learn to drive. As i got out of my car and walked towards blenz i saw the same white guys again and as they got on their friend's rust bucket pick up truck, they continued to yell " LEARN TO FUCKING DRIVE "

moar like learn to cross the road, why are you jay walking at night when theres a crosswalk 2-3 metres ahead of you

Lol yeah, that happens a lot, people think they are the boss of the road because they have no car to protect them... weird thought process