REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
^ much better
Advertisement
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 62 Times in 32 Posts
The OP's post are of the 2008 CLC. That was MB (figuratively) bolting a W204 front end to the existing W203. Everything aft of the firewall is W203. This CLC is not available in Canada.

The news of a "true" W204-based CLC is definitely news. I follow MB quite closely and have heard nothing until this post. Good find!

Too bad they're dropping the hatch though. That thing is so freaking useful.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...-c-class-coupe

Quote:
The switch in nomenclature from the CLK to the E-Class Coupe made a bit of a stir when word began to leak last year. Earlier this month, the issue was broken back open when it was revealed that the new E-Class Coupe is actually based on the C-Class platform - much like its CLK predecessor. So what, then, of a true C-Class coupe? These previews show what it might look like.

Mercedes is already thought to be working on a new C-Class Cabrio dubbed the CLR, opening the door for a revised two-door C-Class hardtop, though Mercedes could simply split the difference and fit a collapsible hardtop. That would help leave breathing room for the new E-Class Coupe while also providing a niche vehicle in the more affordable C-Class range.

The CLC-Class is the current offering in that segment, but it's a three-door liftback and based around the older C-Class Sportcoupe. Though it has undergone a major revamp, it doesn't really match the new lineup, and will likely need to be replaced by the time of the mid-cycle refresh of the current C-Class. Mercedes' decision to fork the CLC off from the C-Class means that the new C-Coupe previewed here could also wear CLC-badging, however.

At this point it's all speculation, as Mercedes hasn't confirmed the existence of any plans for a new C-Class-based Coupe. If it does come along, however, expect powertrain options to fall in line with the rest of the C-Class, including a range of four and six-cylinder petrol units and, outside the U.S., diesels.

If Mercedes does build a new coupe on the C-Class platform, it won't likely be until 2011.

Last edited by slammer111; 11-22-2009 at 12:26 AM.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #28
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 159 Times in 63 Posts
it's all speculation. But a hardtop would be nice since all of its competitors have hardtops already (except audi)

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote