REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 11-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #601
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,431 Times in 486 Posts
Failed 243 Times in 94 Posts
anyone wanna play online?
Advertisement
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #602
RS Licensed Vendor

Failed 34 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I'm super bummed that there was no Porsche!
I was so amped to get ready and purchase a Carrera GT and then I was like "wtf I can't even find the Porsche logo" ... then I went back on the computer to google it... I never really kept up with the articles of GT5 except the release date ... but I can't believe they couldn't get the license for Porsche ... I just automatically lost about 20% interest in this game because of that ... not that the game itself is that great ... I think I overhyped it myself
Forza 3 D!

#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #603
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
the only wheels that work for the xbox is the microsoft one, and the fanatecs wheel
all the logitech wheels DO NOT support the xbox... thats why for me atm gt5 > forza 3

BUT if logitech some how releases an update for the g25/g27 that would make it compatible for the xbox, then im off to buy a g27 LOL and play forza 3
You guys need this wheel

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250&lang=en
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Old 11-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #604
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,561 Times in 514 Posts
Failed 60 Times in 33 Posts
I like the game.. Its good not what every1 was expecting but it has its pros and cons like any game out there.

TG Test track trick..
If you want the top gear test track you first must be at level 4.. You race the vw van and top 3 u get the tg test track in ur worlwide section. AI in this suck bad all u have to do is in every corner brake late.. Dont worry it can take it.. Just dont hit the cones of the cars too hard..You should be in 3rd place by the end of the lap.. You can only get first if you blow past the AI in the last 2 corners.

Also the horn button in the very left red button of the 5...

I drove the older Rx7 and added the full exhaust system.. Was playing front car view and the sound was pretty loud then I went to outside car view and my subs would shake the house while the car was idling... LOL its soo freaking loud in the game..

I also love the fact you can guy used cars.. Makes the game more interesting.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #605
Banned (BBM)

Failed 1,106 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
Omg yes, if I cut someone off I get slammed and go sideways, although it only happens to me with RWD cars, not too far into the game yet but, I'm enjoying it. Wish I didn't get the collectors edition though.
Posted via RS Mobile
Starting to feel the waste of your hard earn 50 dollar eh
Posted via RS Mobile
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #606
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Failed 131 Times in 61 Posts
UNFUCKINBELIEVABLE

I buy the game last night, but got home very late had to sleep for work early so only got to install it about 40 minutes and play 5 minutes.... So this morning I'm going to work and my boss calls me says no work today, so all excited I powerslide through the snowy streets back to my house load it up AND MY FUCKIN SAMSUNG LCD CRAPS OUT ON ME!!!!!

shit won't turn on, called Samsung they said power supply is most likely fried. where's that fuuuuuuuuuu GIF face when I need it
Old 11-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #607
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 29 Posts
^ u sir... got owned.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #608
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
I'm so confused what just hpd. Racing in my 94 Sti
Front left tire was heating up really bad. I didn't notice until I looked at the meter
Car drives normal and still handles really good. Switch to outside view and it's smoking...

Sooo realistic this game..
Posted via RS Mobile
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #609
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 96 Times in 26 Posts
I am sorely soley disappointed with this game and it seems like the things that needed dire attention in GT4 creep their ugly head back into the franchise. The load times when you add parts to your car after you buy them is something that was unforgivable in GT4. Before, I circumvented this by buying all the shit I need on my car without installing it, then going into a race and going to the car settings to upgrade my car without any loading time between putting on each part. Why the fuck is there a load time putting mods onto a car when you install it from the point of purchase and not when you add them on at the track?? The load time are back again and It's 10-15 seconds of wait time, and I don't remember having to do all this waiting in GT3. I've already installed the game on the harddrive and it still takes a while to load. What I hated about GT4 returns again in this game such as the oil changes and the car washes. I don't care to see virtual men wiping my car down or getting under the car to change the oil. If I wanted to watch my oil get changed, I would have went to my mechanic.

The second thing that really disappointed me is how the game freakin' looks. It looks so dated and shitty. The lane markings around corners are still not a curved line and edges that are supposed to be curved are still constructed of straight edges. I thought we are in modern enough times that true curved surfaces can be drawn. Curved surfaces was already the norm when quake 3 came out and that was over 10 years ago. The cars look like shit and you don't even really need to look close to the models in game to notice. They just jump out at you like a sore thumb. The window frames around the car look pixelated as if it was a small texture being stretched out over the car. The shadows around the car before the game start jitters and they tear. Why is this the way it is? This is a PS3 we're talking about and it does not have the limitations that a PS2 has. For the developers to delay the game because it didn't look good, they sure have a shitty sense for quality. The game was delayed because they didn't think that the track on Nur had the correct graffiti well, there are more important things in the game they should have looked for like broken textures.

Sure the game is higher definition but it looks like they basically ripped all the cars from GT4 and just stuck them in GT5 and gave them a gloss over. The tracks look sharper but it wasn't anything to go home about. It still looks like an HD version of GT4.

The game is pretty monotonous as it always has been and having to race against a shitty AI that is like hitting a brick wall when you crash them in the tail just adds insult to injury. I mean the AI is as dumb of a fuck as it’s always been and still crash into you like you’re not there. The AI can slow you down when you’re in contact with them but it doesn’t seem to slow them down. They can tap you in the back and I’d lose control but when you tap them in return they are just going about driving in their own line like they were on rails. This is complete and utter bullshit. It’s like playing GT3 all over again but with all the flaws of GT4.

The worst part about this game is the EXP system to get newer cars and to go into newer races. Who the fuck thought it was going to be a good idea to turn this into Final Fantasy? If I have the fucking money to buy an FD, I should be able to buy a fucking FD and not have to get to level 5 to fucking buy it. It doesn’t end there, when I do reach level 5, the fucking car is GONE from the used dealership. This is supposed to be a fucking simulator not a fucking RPG. If I go to a Car dealer with the appropriate funds, is he going to say “oh you’re not high enough level to buy this car, sorry GTFO”? Fuck, no. So why are they imposing this shit that I can’t buy a used car built in the 90s because it’s level 5? That’s some bullshit right there. If I have enough money I should be able to buy this fucking car. If the experience system applied to what race you can go into then I’d understand but this is buying a fucking USED CAR. If this were a Ferrari or some shit I would understand but common, it’s a fucking car under 300 horsepower that’s based on a chassis designed in the 80s.

Where does this game go really wrong? The licensing system. The game requires me to go through this AGAIN before I can do the upper level races. WHY ARE THERE TWO REQUIREMENTS NOW TO RACE. LICENSING SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO FUCKING RACE NOT EXP. Jesus. Use one or the other, not fucking two. How would you like it if you have to spend a shit load of time in Final Fantasy Levelling up to fight a tough as shit boss but you didn’t get the license from a town person to go through a cave or some shit to get there to fight the fucking boss?

All in all this game is a polished turd. Not that I’m not a big fan of the franchise for its vast selection of cars, but this game is worse than a rehash. It takes all the annoyances of the previous game and adds more inane “features” to prolong the repetitiveness to the game. Nothing is new in this game; there is absolutely no technical innovation in this game. Online racing and leaderboards? Done before, watching car related videos? Seriously? Is this a feature? I’ve been watching Top Gear years before and this is supposed to be something new? I really shouldn`t need to pay fifty fucking dollars to watch shit I can find on youtube. Making your own tracks? Well that’s sort of new I guess.

If I didn’t get this game as a gift, I seriously would have tried it at a friend`s house first before buying it. I didn`t even go into this with that many expectations. I just wanted this game to get me into the race quicker and at least use some modern way of representing the cars. Once you see the jaggies on the textures of the cars, you can`t unsee them. Fuck. If you have GT4 still, keep playing that. It won’t have a stupid EXP system. 3/10

Last edited by MrGoodbar; 11-25-2010 at 02:09 PM.
MrGoodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #610
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Finally beat the stupid top gear bus race with 4 secs to spare. Don't know how I did it. Don't think I drove any better though... Had to savethat replay haha. Took me at least 6 tries

Lol got a 1:36.9 in my modded prius from a standing start on tg track. Almost as fast as the stig in the civic type r!
I really like how they get the hybridness down and the car can move without the engine on
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by ilvtofu; 11-25-2010 at 12:56 PM.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:45 PM   #611
Banned (BBM)

Failed 1,106 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
UNFUCKINBELIEVABLE

I buy the game last night, but got home very late had to sleep for work early so only got to install it about 40 minutes and play 5 minutes.... So this morning I'm going to work and my boss calls me says no work today, so all excited I powerslide through the snowy streets back to my house load it up AND MY FUCKIN SAMSUNG LCD CRAPS OUT ON ME!!!!!

shit won't turn on, called Samsung they said power supply is most likely fried. where's that fuuuuuuuuuu GIF face when I need it
LOL i feel sorry for u dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Finally beat the stupid top gear bus race with 4 secs to spare. Don't know how I did it. Don't think I drove any better though... Had to savethat replay haha. Took me at least 6 tries
Posted via RS Mobile
you are playing that stupid event so u can..unlock that track?"
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #612
RS Licensed Vendor

goodbar>>> I totally agree with you!

My gripes

-The shitty AI
-THE MUSIC
-Online play
-No auction system
-Unforgiving gameplay (bump into a car and need to redo race, no rewind)
-Licensing system
-No damage

I think this game is really more about the die hard fans that will dedicate their life to the game. It's not really just a pickup and play game. Almost like a racing RPG game.

Quite a let down for me considering I bought the PS3 when it first came out anticipating GT5 to come out shortly. Had Forza 3 not come out, I probably would've been happy with GT5 because I would have nothing to compare it to.

So what now ...GT6 in what....5-10 years? lol
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Old 11-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #613
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 29 Posts
nice review mrgoodbar

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 12:59 PM   #614
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 88 Times in 13 Posts
Wow, there's some hate, I haven't even opened mine yet... That was a good review, which makes me sad as you aren't just some troll...looks like there's legit issues with this game.
Posted via RS Mobile
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #615
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Failed 105 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
You won't beable to mod a g25/g27 to work an xbox because the xbox requires a certain driver inorder for it to work >.< That's why for sf4 the arcade sticks could be modded to work with both xbox and ps3 IF the stick was a xbox stick to begin with.

I agree with people on forza 3 > gt5, but the only reason I'm choosing gt5 over forza 3 is because I can actually play with my steering wheel, whereas the xbox wheel kinda sucks when I had one a year ago...
Posted via RS Mobile
The lack of steering wheel (good steering wheel) is the only reason why I didn't pickup an Xbox360 & Forza3.
Controller vs controller, I actually find Forza3 more fun and enjoyable than GT5 Prologue, but once you get used to playing on steering wheel, you don't wanna go back..

*There is actually the Fanatec Porsche Turbo S steering wheel for Xbox, but even if you are willing to pay the premium price tag, you pretty much can't find it anywhere..
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #616
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,906 Times in 5,938 Posts
Failed 2,059 Times in 688 Posts
the G25 works pretty awsome with GT, i'll give it that much
Old 11-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #617
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,254 Times in 618 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
i feel ripped off since i got like 900 cars and like 70 million cr saved up in GT PSP =.= ai.. might as well just finish buying everycar in GT PSP then...
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #618
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 65 Posts
^ I havent tried yet but according to the News thing Multiplayer is on extreme lag! Im lv.8 guys hahaha SHITTT

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #619

Question: Does anyone mishift from 1st to 2nd at the standing start of a race?? I dont know if its my shifter or the game itself.. Playing PC games it works no problem. But always when playing GT5 even GT5P it had this issue.

Current:

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2001 Honda S2000
Old 11-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #620
Banned (ABWS)

^^ it's this fucking game,

ever notice how when you're on the throttle fully, the beginning of the race the throttle releases a bit even when your foot is glued to the base of the pedal? same issue with the controller, whether it be triggers or button, you hold that shit down like it's your life on the line and the throttle still drops some times.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodbar View Post
^^ it's this fucking game,

ever notice how when you're on the throttle fully, the beginning of the race the throttle releases a bit even when your foot is glued to the base of the pedal? same issue with the controller, whether it be triggers or button, you hold that shit down like it's your life on the line and the throttle still drops some times.
I will try that, But would any of that have to relate to the TC?

Current:

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2001 Honda S2000
Old 11-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #622
Banned (ABWS)

it has nothing to do with TC. if TC turns on it flashes. and the blue bar goes down if the TCS is in use. this is the RED throttle that gets cut down that tells you how hard your pressing the button

Last edited by MrGoodbar; 11-25-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #623
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
goodbar>>> I totally agree with you!

My gripes

-The shitty AI
-THE MUSIC
-Online play
-No auction system
-Unforgiving gameplay (bump into a car and need to redo race, no rewind)
-Licensing system
-No damage

I think this game is really more about the die hard fans that will dedicate their life to the game. It's not really just a pickup and play game. Almost like a racing RPG game.

Quite a let down for me considering I bought the PS3 when it first came out anticipating GT5 to come out shortly. Had Forza 3 not come out, I probably would've been happy with GT5 because I would have nothing to compare it to.

So what now ...GT6 in what....5-10 years? lol
I couldn't agree more with the music. GT4 had great menu music. Why the fuck does GT5 music sound like 90s porn music and Seinfeld?

What else really fucking tweaks me is the first half of the introduction. Why oh why did this game have to turn into discovery channel? I don't give a shit about how the steel was formed into making a fucking econobox.

That's right folks, you get to see metal bits get smelted into steel sheets for the unibody frame of a fucking economy car before you get to see cars that have any sort of place in a racing game. Where is the well known Gran Turismo theme Moon Over the Castle? It returned in GT4, I had the Japanese verson of GT3 which had it. Why did they cut this shit out and replace it with contemporary nonsense?

/rant

Anyone want to buy a slightly used copy of GT5? I haven't even downloaded the preorder cars so it's pretty much brand new

Last edited by MrGoodbar; 11-25-2010 at 02:33 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #624
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
Y'all trippin' dis is teh best game ever. EVER>
Old 11-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #625
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,906 Times in 5,938 Posts
Failed 2,059 Times in 688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Question: Does anyone mishift from 1st to 2nd at the standing start of a race?? I dont know if its my shifter or the game itself.. Playing PC games it works no problem. But always when playing GT5 even GT5P it had this issue.
yes.. i thought it was my shifter

i have to be so carefull going into 2nd off the line, basically everytime is a misshift