REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 01-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #1551
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,862 Times in 3,920 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
ive probably tried over an hour on the license A3 Slalom test with mini cooper s...i just can't get gold no matter how hard i try..even if i keep my mind focused on the 2 upcoming cones.

this game really takes dedication..damn
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #1552
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Failed 68 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoku View Post
Was your rx7 fully modded?
My car skids a lot when i go too fast and brake hard.
dude if you skimmed a page back or two we just discussed this seasonal event(learn to look). And the tips/tune G-spec offered helped with the race. Bitching aside, I managed all my laps at 1min each, with my first lap at 1:01, and my last lap at 59sec and won by 2.5 seconds
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #1553
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
Failed 13 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmOne View Post
where do you live?
i got the same code last night around 2am. Works fine this morning
White Rock. Still doesn't work. I can't sign in to PSN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy617 View Post
does the ps3 web browser work?
Nope

I use to get that code when signing in via GT5 but now I get it every time I turn on the PS3 as it tries to connect to PSN automatically

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #1554
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
GT5 is getting boring, i need a new game to play

MugenRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #1555
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,826 Times in 3,334 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 89 Posts
^ BWAHAHA. MUGEN REVOLUTION

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #1556
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Re Jo, every lap for the Tsukuba RX 7 race has to be under a minute, all my laptimes were 58's and 59's and I caught up got first place with just under 2 laps to go. So yea it can definitely be done if all your laps are under a minute
Posted via RS Mobile
That's with Skid Recovery Force on though. Without SRF on I can barely manage 1:01 laps and get within 5 seconds of 1st.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #1557
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
Failed 13 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenRevolution View Post
GT5 is getting boring, i need a new game to play
The only other game I'm willing to play right now is any Metal Gear Solid game but I've beaten each one so many times and unlocked/collected everything thats available. I hope Kojima decides to release MGS: Peace Walker for PS3 or any of the other MGS remastered in HD would be intense!
MGS: Rising looks sweet too but I'm more of a Solid Snake fan over Raiden.

I also want to play the new Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions as that looks pretty sweet as well but haven't done my research on that yet. Batman was sweet as well waiting to see if another one comes out. Scarecrow survived in the end...

So in the meantime, its GT5 all the way baby!!

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #1558
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Failed 131 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
That's with Skid Recovery Force on though. Without SRF on I can barely manage 1:01 laps and get within 5 seconds of 1st.

good for you buddy, I guess what you're saying is if you cant pull off anything better than 1:01 then neither can nobody else including me
I'm not using an analog controller anymore, my wheel came in so yea everything off except ABS 5 and TCS 1, was pulling high 59's consistently and the two high 58 I got was because I used 2 cars as guard rails
second time you called me out here lol, how bout from now on you stop trying to call people actually contribute to this thread with helpful information, just a suggestion

and yea guys I'm not stupid enough to keep doing endurance races with b-spec anymore, fckin ludicrous, I left my b-spec level at 30 and I'm not planning on doing multiple 24 hour endurances just to get to level 40.

as for A-spec, at lvl 30 right now, i will go up to lvl 35 to unlock the X1 2010's, and call it a game as far as GT mode goes... starting today i switched my focus to online racing, I have a stable of 10 cars I have fully tuned using GT Planets tuning setups, and I'll be seeing you guys online
Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #1559
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
good for you buddy, I guess what you're saying is if you cant pull off anything better than 1:01 then neither can nobody else including me
I'm not using an analog controller anymore, my wheel came in so yea everything off except ABS 5 and TCS 1, was pulling high 59's consistently and the two high 58 I got was because I used 2 cars as guard rails
second time you called me out here lol, how bout from now on you stop trying to call people actually contribute to this thread with helpful information, just a suggestion
I correctly called you out before. That is a helpful contribution, rather than unhelpful bragging while using aids.

It is helpful to let others know you're using aids to pull those lap times. There's tons of threads on GT Planet with people claiming the seasonal races are easy, only to find out they are leaving SRF on, which essentially makes GT5 into an arcade game.

So how about you walk the talk: post your setup when making these claims. Be helpful and contribute rather than brag about how good you are and leave out that you used aids to get there.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #1560
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 65 Posts
This a game guys, no need for beef lol

YOU GUYS SHOULD SETTLE THIS TONIGHT ON THE TRACK MWAHAHAHAHA

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #1561
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 274 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post

YOU GUYS SHOULD SETTLE THIS TONIGHT ON THE TRACK MWAHAHAHAHA
RACE WARS
EmOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #1562

dibs on being the camera car

Old 01-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #1563
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Failed 852 Times in 132 Posts
DEATH RACE
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #1564
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
dibs on being the camera car
I have a GTR pace car so ill be the camera car lol

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #1565

Quote:
I have a GTR pace car so ill be the camera car lol
u gotta keep discipline in place mannn stick to being track marshal

Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #1566

Quote:
I correctly called you out before. That is a helpful contribution, rather than unhelpful bragging while using aids.

It is helpful to let others know you're using aids to pull those lap times. There's tons of threads on GT Planet with people claiming the seasonal races are easy, only to find out they are leaving SRF on, which essentially makes GT5 into an arcade game.

So how about you walk the talk: post your setup when making these claims. Be helpful and contribute rather than brag about how good you are and leave out that you used aids to get there.

yea I wrote a fairly long reply almost hitting submit, but then I remembered I'm not that type of forum guy, my thanks to fail ratio confirms that, and yours confirms that you are that dude, so I'm not gonna get into it with you and get dragged down to that level, no need.

You seem to take video games as seriously as I take the sport of basketball, so coincidentally just like it would be futile for you to step into the NBA thread argue with me, it would be the same here for me arguing "games" with you.
And really I would be stupid as hell to assume I could win any automotive related argument with a guy who has the good taste to two tone a fckin mercedes benz like it's some hood rat 300c

for all the guys in here that don't already know, there is a forum called GTPlanet.net go check it out you will find a lot of helpful info there, but beware you might find Taylors in there too tellin ya you doing it completely wrong because you don't have a steering wheel

Last edited by G-spec; 01-02-2011 at 03:24 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #1567
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
yea I wrote a fairly long reply almost hitting submit, but then I remembered I'm not that type of forum guy, my thanks to fail ratio confirms that, and yours confirms that you are that dude, so I'm not gonna get into it with you and get dragged down to that level, no need.
There's one member that has failed me 100 times. You are just like him, cannot take the truth being pointed out, then lash out to make some asinine point.

Just to reiterate: I correctly called you out.

Now you'll go off track to try and restore some sort of pride, check. Then you'll insult my ride, check. Lastly you'll get my point completely wrong, check.

Quote:
You seem to take video games as seriously as I take the sport of basketball, so coincidentally just like it would be futile for you to step into the NBA thread argue with me, it would be the same here for me arguing "games" with you.
Where do you play bball? You could probably own me in the NBA thread, I don't watch, I play. I'll shut you down on the court - where you have no aids to help you.

Quote:
And really I would be stupid as hell to assume I could win any automotive related argument with a guy who has the good taste to two tone a fckin mercedes benz like it's some hood rat 300c
Moderators, I'll be nice and not respond to this, yet please inform him why.

Quote:
for all the guys in here that don't already know, there is a forum called GTPlanet.net go check it out you will find a lot of helpful info there, but beware you might find Taylors in there too tellin ya you doing it completely wrong because you don't have a steering wheel
I have no problem if you want to turn aids on, I did at first before I got a wheel, and do when having problems with challenges. I have a problem with posting how "easy it is" when you're using essentially cheats.

You were correctly called out, now stop the non-sense.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #1568
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Some people just don't like being called out, and lash out accordingly.

I'd say settle it on the track, yet he'd want to turn SRF on, and I don't race that way.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #1569
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
DEATH RACE
That's called NASCAR

Try some online races, people always try to wreck each other, or push you onto the grass LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #1570

Quote:

Where do you play bball? You could probably own me in the NBA thread, I don't watch, I play. I'll shut you down on the court - where you have no aids to help you.

this the only thing that kinked me, everything else you wrote didnt even get a reaction out of me.

You struck a nerve probably the same way I did when I mentioned your car. Where do I play, well I been playing in all the top mens leagues in the city last few years and never averaged nothing less than 20ppg. So talk to me when you average 20 points + in King George league downtown arguably the toughest and most competitive Men's League in the city, talk to me when you played a summer circuit on a pro team in Europe buddy....

catch me at King George league again this spring if you wanna match up on the ball court since you talkin so much shit
Old 01-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #1571
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 19 Posts
God damn B-Spec
Since when did "Overtake" mean run into the opponent who has spun out?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #1572
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 38 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
+1

seriously
ZenZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #1573

^ hey I'm the one joking around with everyone in here having fun, i dont give a shit, it's a game to me.....

he's the one going all out with multi quote responses getting all serious about it n shit...

all this started because he was annoyed that I was winning bonus races using aids and he goes out of his way to shit on me because of that, like this is serious business or something

e.lo, my b-spec guys are around level 30 now and all of them still suck, apparently after level 35 they get really good from what i read... i'll never find out, i'm not wasting my time doing multiple endurance races to level them up
Old 01-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #1574
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
^ hey I'm the one joking around with everyone in here having fun, i dont give a shit, it's a game to me.....

he's the one going all out with multi quote responses getting all serious about it n shit...

all this started because he was annoyed that I was winning bonus races using aids and he goes out of his way to shit on me because of that, like this is serious business or something
More rants from the guy who lashed out over a one line post correctly stating SRF was on. Give it up dude.

Considering how much effort he's put in its not a game, its an obsession - which explains the rants.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #1575

anybody willing to trade cars so i could use the cars for the nascar race and the German touring car race..?? T___T